Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast
Like Tree774Likes

Thread: Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking, Hiking, Hitchhiking, Jeep Safari & NATCO

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking, Hiking, Hitchhiking, Jeep Safari & NATCO

Alhamdullillah, I have completed my North Trip alone. 16.07.2011 to 30.07.2011 alone. Joined 4 groups in way. Enjoyed a lot. Earned friends and memories.

I have travalled from Multan to Mansehra in Shalimar AC Coach with bike loaded on top.

From Mansehra I have started my biking trip to Naran and Jalkhad, Chilas, Gilgit. Then visited Hunza Duikar (Eagle Nest), Karimabad and Ataabad Lake.

On return from Hunza I have visited Naltar lake on bike alone.

After return to Gilgit from Naltar, I parked my bike in Jamal Hotel and set off via NATCO to Skardu. From Skardu visited Sadpara Deosai, Chillam and Astore.

From Astore I went Raikot, visited fairy meadow and returned back to Gilgit. From Gilgit visited Yaseen Valley. From Yaseen returned back to Gilgit. and there on Public Transport Coaster returned to Rawalpindi.

From Rawalpindi I have visited Nathia Gali and back to Pindi. From Pindi via Skyways started Journey to Home (Multan)

Thanks

Jalkhad
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279257

Babusar Top
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279258

Nanga Parbat
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279260

Rakaposhi from Hunza
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279261

Teaser from Naltar
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279262

Fairy Meadow - I am in the middle right...
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279264

Deosai
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279265

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MultaniTraveler View Post
    I think you should stay at naran on day 1st, as you have already on the move from multan. Then 2nd stay at chilas because driving a bike on those type of roads is quite hectic. A long rest between two biking day is a must, then you move towards gilgit or you can go to fairy meadows.

I also think that you had drived first 5 days so continuously that in the end dropping the bike in the hotel and go on jeep.

Yes you are right. But aims were high, abhi aatish jawan tha, journey ka start tha.. so not matter biking much. Aim was Khunjrab. Itna stay karta tou stay kar kar k hi thak jana tha... 2ndly Chilas is hot city, have to take AC room.... I won't prefer Chilas as night stay... Nothing for tourist... No bazar, no wandering on road etc.

I dropped bike at Hotel due to water crossing at Deosai and then no facilities at Skardu Road for bike maintenance etc.

As concerned Fairy Meadow, FM was not in my initial plan. But added at the nick of time as back from Deosai and Astore.

Raikot was just near from Thalechi Bridge (where Astore Road meet at
    KKH).

Thank You.
    Road to Heaven will never be a highway...

TJ
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Rana Bhai

Can you give me some Tourist Club Info, who arrange Tours, and how I join them for next Tours.

TJ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Day-5 Altit Fort, Ataabad Lake Karimabad & Baltit Fort

Day started by seeing first light on the Rakaposhi. Breakfast, after breakfast another shooting session at Eagles Nest.

The group was in dilemna to do a trek upto Ultar Meadow, as it was near from Eagles Nest. But idea dropped. And then we did checkout and set-off for the Attabad Lake. In the way, from Eagles Nest to Ganesh Bridge on KKH, there comes Altit Fort. I suggested to visit the Altit Fort. Altit Fort was a wonderful views. It was a guided tour only in these Forts only with Guide. Charges are Rs 150 per head. A Europian group was there. The guide arranged the guided tour with europian group. They were from different countries. Very nice people. Actually that was a mountaineer group.

The guide was a little bit prejudiced and inclined towards europian. Thats the only thing I felt not good in Hunza people.

From Altit Fort, we set off to Attabad Lake. At Ganesh bridge air pressure checking. From onward Ganesh bridge, excellant views. As I reached the dam of lake, the group already hired a jeep (return) for Rs. 1200/-. I loaded the bike inside the jeep. The jeep ride was scary, more than the Fairy Meadow Jeep Ride. In fact, mujhey FM jeep ride scary nahi lagi.

Enjoyed time at Lake. Ash like soil was there, deep some where 6 inch to 12 inch. We became bhoot. As my aim was Khunjrab, but at Attaabad, I dropped the idea due to boad loading etc.

From return the Attabad, missed Hoper/Nagar and returned back to Karimabad. Visited Baltit Fort just from outside and then reside in Mulbary Hotel, Karimabad. Had a good dinner.

At the sunset, a person told that there is a trek in the proper village karimabad, behind the Mulbarry Hotel, along a Qul with beautiful views of village life. I went on the trek on my bike with a group fellow (Sami Saeed). Enjoyed the sunset light on the peaks especially on golden color of Golden Peak. We enjoyed apples, apricots and gashkoor (a local fruit).

Mr. Sami tried to jump over the little Qul for picking of Gashkoor, but he fell into the Qul. We enjoyed a lot that moment.

After the dinner, the group from Lahore planned to return back early in the morning.

Enjoyed the Tash (Playing cards). The game was Bhabi Tulla. Initially I don't know much about the game and I was safe in a lot of games. But as soon, I learned the game, I got the Tullas...

Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Day-6 Hunza-Nomal-Naltar-Gilgit.

At 4am, the group from Lahore set off for Jalkhad/Lahore. I after that got fresh up and set off at 6am for Gilgit.

At that time, the Karimabad was sleeping.

I enjoyed a great time there at the fresh morning of Hunza. Apricots were all over laid on the road. Ghashap birds

were singing. Noone on the roads.

I bypassed the Aliabad, and joined KKH on a village ahead Aliabad. It was a clear morning with a refreshing views of

Rakaposhi and other mounts..

Purchased fresh apricots from the same kid (jiss say jatay huway lee thii). His father and brothers were picking

fresh apricots from the garden. They offered me for a special type of apricots very juicy and sweet. But I couldnt

take more.

I stopped for a while at Rakaposhi Viewpoint Ghulmit Nagar, and took tea and had gossip with the owner of hotel.

After that I sms to @MultaniTraveller, abt info of Nalter, who told that it is 40 km from Gilgit and Just 15 Km from

Nomal. Nomal was in way of Gilgit from Hunza. So it was just 15km.

I decided to visit Nalter. From Nomal, I asked about the road condition, they said the road is mettalled. But utrai

(Descend) bohat ha on return. I was amazed on these remarks.

So the journey started. The way was in a narrow gorge with a roaring Nullah (Nalter River). Road was mettaled upto

Lower Nalter (Nalter Paen) with patches of katcha (Kharab Road). Finally I reached Nalter Paen.

From Nalter Paen to Nalter Bala, the road is kacha and very steep. At a point the bike got stopped. It was very

difficult for me to again get start journey. Even it was difficult to turn back. I get the bike in gear and put it

on side stand, and wait for the help. At last a man with his family arrived. I requested him to help me to turn

back, but he give me motivation and also helped me by pushing back.

And finally moved to Naltar Bala. There are camping spots and Hotels in Nalter. And a beautiful ski area and picnic

resort controlled by PAF accross the river.

I skipped this resort and headed toward the Jeep. Road is not steep ahead Naltar Bala, But it is very stony and

kacha. Sometime the road get into the river. Meet locals there. Locals are good at Naltar.

Finally I met a water stream, I had to cross, it was very fast flowing. I thrown a stone, the stone was washed just

in a second by the water force.

Finally a Jeep driver helped me to cross this stream. I reached lake in 3.5 hours from Nomal. I order there for a

lunch. (Egg omlete with roti+tea worth Rs. 150). And gone to 2nd and 3rd lake on my bike which are a bit farther.

Enjoyed a great time there. On my way back to Main Nalter lake, had lunch. did some photos. Met some people.

There were at least 5 jeeps were at hotel. I then started returned journey. I reached Nalter Bala at 5. Visited ski slope and picnic area. very beautiful.

After that I started my journey back. And managed to reach Nomal before sunset. A Jeep of a local person helped me by coming behind me. They were very caring. They were from Gilgit.

The Journey from Nomal to Gilgit in the night was yadgar. With me only going on the road.... Mountains all around.

I resided at Iman Plaza Hotel. A very new hotel. worth Rs. 400/- solo.

Naltar is highly recommended place to visit. Everything it has. A river, glaciers, numerious water falls. snow covered peaks, friendly people. Another reason to visit Nalter, you can observe the wide variety of flora/climates. Dry mountains near Nomal. then Qul fed Nalter Paen, and pine wooded forests and finally birch trees and the area above tree line. Low rain area near Nomal and high rain area.

Thanks. I hope you don't got bore by reading the detail.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Day-7. Gilgit to Skardu

I got up fresh. next plan was Skardu, Deosai etc. Now I was in view, the its enough biking without any problem. So do thankful to Allah and continue now without bike. As I have heard that Deosai has water crossing beyond bike.

So I got information from the Iman Plaza Hotel. He said, I don't have enough space for parking. But he referred Varshi Ghoom Inn Hotel, who offers room for Rs. 100/- per day. He said I can park there my bike.

I visited Varshi Ghoom Inn, he was willing for renting room for parking of bike safely. Suddenly I tried Jamal Hotel, I asked from them. The guy was so kind that he offered me to park my bike free of cost at his hotel and also keep my extra luggage.

I parked my bike there and had breakfast from a Pathan Hotel, Paratha Chae (worth Rs. 20/-) the best and cheapest breakfast in my tour.

I then rushed to NATCO terminal in Suzuki (Public tranport) Fare Rs. 10/- from Main Airport Road Gilgit. I get window seat (Driver side) at 11.00 am time.

As soon the Hiace set off, I observed that it had little air in its rear wheel. I told driver, but he said, its ok. Then as soon he crossed Alam Bridge to get onto Skardu Road and left KKH near Jaglot. He realized that the tyre is puncture. so he tried to drive fast to reach Sassi for puncture repair, but the tyre got flat. So we stopped at Hanochal village. The NATCO Hiace don't have stupni. The drive get into another hiace with tyre.

We enjoyed fresh grapes, figs and shehtoot. The people of Baltistan (Skardu area) are very good as compare to other people of Northern Areas (Gilgit Baltistan)

The driver returned after 2 hours. But the tyre again got punctured. Now this time, the hiace was in a barren sunny area. But help arrived. A tyre borrowed by another hiace.

At three times, the checking has been done during the way by Police. After that, I reached at 9pm at Skardu. The terminal staff was very good. The terminal staff helped in finding the hotels. Hotels options were very cheap starting from Rs. 100/-.

I got a good room at Rs. 400 or 500. As soon I arrived at the Hotel. I met a group who were plying to Astore via Deosai. They were very nice fellows from Bahawalnagar. A group of 4. They were negotiaing for a jeep walas for @Rs. 12000/- from Skardu to Astore via Deosai.

But fortunately we met a jeep walas, who came with a group from Naran and now have to return. He agreed in Just Rs. 5000/- from Skardu to Astore.

So slept now.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Journey to Skardu

Journey to Skardu

NATCO Terminal Gilgit

Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -285861

A chinese working going into his rickshaw
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -285862

Chinese work site
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -285863

Skardu Road turn - Alam Bridge on Gilgit River- Off the KKH now
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -285864

Skardu Road
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -285865

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ranasherdil View Post
    Day-5 Altit Fort, Ataabad Lake Karimabad & Baltit Fort

The guide was a little bit prejudiced and inclined towards europian. Thats the only thing I felt not good in Hunza people.
    Rana Sb, you have to live with it. It is a by default issue with us "brown skinned" people. I have travelled accross the globe for work and as tourist and the issue is not even with us Pakistanis but even with all the countries in South Asia and SE Asia. I have not been to Korea and Japan and cant comment on their attitude.

And I think gorree chumree is one of the many reasons they ruled us!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

very well narrated
    Man's heart away from nature becomes hard.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Flat tyre
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286113

Indus
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286114

Tyre going for repair on another hiace
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286115

Fresh Grapes
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286116

Grapes
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286117

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Figs (Injeer) - As the tyre was under repair... We enjoyed local fruits

Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286118

Guys from Rhondo Skardu
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286119

Journey continues after 2 hour wait, the drive back with repaired tyre. Noone at Sassi Bazar for repair, A person called from nearby village for puncture repair - Deep narrow Indus Gorge - Notice the Skardu Road just above the river
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286120

Narrow gorge - Slide direct into the river
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286121

Paths accross the Indus
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286122

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

great trip..

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Excerpts....

Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286134

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Shangus 9 Km
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286180

Indus Gorge
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286181

Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286182

Road and Indus
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286183

Best pic of the day
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286184

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rana sb....great going and sharing....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The journey continues
    Attached Images Attached Images      

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The road cut into the moutains - Tarasha huwa road

Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286218

Beautiful Road
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286219

Road
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286220

A hamlet across the Indus
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286221

Mining of precious stones
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286222

Looking back
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286223

Me with the NATCO Booking Clerk of Skardu Terminal
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286224

A village across the river
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286225

Road, Indus, Bridge, Village
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286226

Road and Gorge
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286227

Wow
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286228

Snow capped mountains
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286229

Central Korakoram National Park at Astak
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286230

Astak Nala - Midpoint between Skardu and Gilgit
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286231

Bismillah he Allah hu Akbar
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286232

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bismillah he Allah hu Akbar
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286233

Blood drained into Astak Nala
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286234

At Astak Nala with Balti guys
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286235

Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286236

Evening
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286237

Evening
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286242

Beautiful tops
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286243

A rough patch
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286244

Indus
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286245

Skardu Road
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286246

Beautiful Road
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286247

Beautiful Cultivation
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286248

Beautiful peaks
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286249

Beautiful village
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286250

Road near Dambudas
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -286251

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rana Sb, I have stolen your best picture of the day... truck waley. I hope you will not mind.

Your 3 mexapixel camera is indeed doing great.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    42 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And thanks for this nice thread. I am thoroughly enjoying!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

User Tag List