Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast
Like Tree774Likes

Thread: Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking, Hiking, Hitchhiking, Jeep Safari & NATCO

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking, Hiking, Hitchhiking, Jeep Safari & NATCO

Alhamdullillah, I have completed my North Trip alone. 16.07.2011 to 30.07.2011 alone. Joined 4 groups in way. Enjoyed a lot. Earned friends and memories.

I have travalled from Multan to Mansehra in Shalimar AC Coach with bike loaded on top.

From Mansehra I have started my biking trip to Naran and Jalkhad, Chilas, Gilgit. Then visited Hunza Duikar (Eagle Nest), Karimabad and Ataabad Lake.

On return from Hunza I have visited Naltar lake on bike alone.

After return to Gilgit from Naltar, I parked my bike in Jamal Hotel and set off via NATCO to Skardu. From Skardu visited Sadpara Deosai, Chillam and Astore.

From Astore I went Raikot, visited fairy meadow and returned back to Gilgit. From Gilgit visited Yaseen Valley. From Yaseen returned back to Gilgit. and there on Public Transport Coaster returned to Rawalpindi.

From Rawalpindi I have visited Nathia Gali and back to Pindi. From Pindi via Skyways started Journey to Home (Multan)

Thanks

Jalkhad
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279257

Babusar Top
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279258

Nanga Parbat
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279260

Rakaposhi from Hunza
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279261

Teaser from Naltar
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279262

Fairy Meadow - I am in the middle right...
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279264

Deosai
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279265

TJ
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rana Bhai

As you suggest FM day by day tour plaining, R u share some info about Khunjrab Pass Day by day Plain from FM.

TJ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Rana Bhai

As you suggest FM day by day tour plaining, R u share some info about Khunjrab Pass Day by day Plain from FM.

TJ
    Day-1 Raikot Bridge - Gilgit (5-6 hours)

Gilgit - Hunza (Aliabad) 5 Hours

Day-2
    Hunza (Aliabad) - Attabad Lake - Passu - Sost

Day-3
    Sost - Khunjrab - Sost/Passu

Day-4
    Sost/Passu - Attabad Lake - Hunza

Day-5
    Hunza-Gilgit and onward...

You can spend a day at Hunza Karimabad by visiting Altit Fort and Baltit Fort, Eagles Nest Duikar and rest.
    Road to Heaven will never be a highway...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Astore - Fairy Meadow

Day-9 - 24.07.2011

Astore to Raikot

The day started with the worry of taking the memory card. As it got filled. Then I found a Net Club in Astore Bazar which have card reader. I put the pics on my flash as well as on the PC of that club. And then I request the group to take me to Raikot as they going on jeep towards the Naran.

We had breakfast at NangaParbat Viewpoint Hotel at KKH. Astore Road is good. It take 1-2 hour, Astore to KKH (Thalechi).

Then they dropped me at Raikot Bridge. Here I was of hope, that I will find some group. I wait there. But no group arrived. Jeep fare was 5000/-. In case I found no other group, I had to return back to Gilgit... as was not in mood of paying jeep fare solo.

Then a local was also going upwards. He said that He can pay Rs. 2000.. as he is going one way. I agreed to pay Rs. 3000/-.. The total 5000/-. But then the jeep driver come to me. He was very cunning person. He said that he will only bring me upwards, not return as I am giving only Rs. 3000/-.

I said him.. You may go... I am going to Gilgit and stand at Bridge for waiting for a transport.

Then two PW members Mr. Sufwan with his friend Mr. Shin arrived at Raikot from Pindi via NATCO. I approached them. They welcomed me. Sufwan recognized me that I am Pakwheeler. We 3 shared the fare. We give lift (free) to that local who was paying Rs. 2000/-, He was teacher in Chilas and was going for summer vacation to his village. Then the journey started. Jeep ride was not. Not as much scary as it was heard. Some of the portion of road is rebuilt as wider. Some of the turns have a safegaurd road rails (a brick support).

The jeep dropped us at newly constructed bridge. Jeep couldnot cross that. We crossed through the bridge. Jeep took one hour or so. And dropped us at Approx 6500' ASL. And started the trek. At this point of trek. It is hot trek barren uptill Tattu Jhail with no water.

It took us an hour to reach Tattu Village. There was a spring. I drink one liter water and laid down. After somewhile Sufwan and Shin forwarded. They did mistake that they from this point didn't carried the water. As people said there are springs in the way. But from this point upto two hours trek, there is no springs. Springs are on the later part (final part) of the trek. So always keep water....

I did some rest more, drink another liter (Approx as there is no glass). I put my rucksack with sleeping bag tent etc at this Tattu Jhail Fairypoint Hotel for Rs. 100/- per day. And put my day-pack on my shoulders.

I filled water bottle 1.5 liter and also keep with me.

It was a hot day. And soon again thirst appears. I put 3 tang sachets into the bottle and taking sips after some intervals.

Then I met the group. They were Haal-Bay-Haal as they have no water. Alas, i had also drank all water before meeting them..

Soon a spring arrives. They drank water. Now the trek was in Jungle and some shadow there.

Nanga Parbat started to give his looks on the way. I reached the Fairy Meadow first then Mr. Shin and then Mr. Sufwan.

Reached 6pm at Fairy Meadow. Welcome by Fazul ur Rehman Hotel owner. (5 hours sternous, hectic long, scary and dangerous trek) It is as double of Meeran Jani in term of elevation gain/hecticness. Fazal served us complementary green tea. which refreshed us.

It was cloudy over Nanga Parbat. But it started to get clear.

Stayed at Broadview Hotel at Fairy Meadow in cottage. Had Dinner. Food is costly approx 250/- per head per meal. and Breakfast Rs. 150/- per head. Cottage charges were Rs. 1200/- divided by three....

Did a little campfire.. (Means sitting around the fire) and slept at 10pm as were tired.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Astore - Fairy Meadow Day-9 - 24.07.2011

Now start Journey - Astore - Raikot

Astore River - Notice the wheat crop ready
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290153

Astore River
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290154

A village and scenery
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290155

Khuda Hafiz District Astore
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290156

Astore River Joining Indus
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290157

Thalechi Astore Road joining KKH At right Gilgit, at Left Pindi Raikot
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290158

Group at Breakfast at Nanga Parbat View Point Hotel
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290159

Local Fruits on KKH (Peaches)
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290160

KKH heading to Pindi and Fairy Meadow Road going up
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290161

Looking at KKH from Jeep
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290162

@MultaniTravelor, I will load more pics of Deosai at the end of the trip pics... I have planned to load random pics at the end... Thank you.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got these beautiful videos, want to share with you...

Gondoro La to K2

Part-1

Part-2

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    67 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice videos:

u can find many of my pics of K2 Ghondogrol la Trek at the link below. its an amazing trek.

K2/Gondogro La - a set on Flickr

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Astore - Fairy Meadow Day-9 - 24.07.2011

Jeep Ride Continues

Beautiful portion of the jeep road - A plateau with scattered stones...
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290522

Gravel Road
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290523

Looking Back - Raikot Bridge, the Plateau, Jeep Road and KKH across the Indus
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290524

A cross of a jeep
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290525

Again Looking Back... Notice another road going upward on the other side of the hill to some village, I think Muthath Village along Buldar River...
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290526

Road and the vertical cliff and a scary drop of few hundred feet.
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290527

Road Conditions...
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290528

Looking back though tilted image... Indus KKH and Jaglot side of KKH - Notice the old abandoned road
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290529

Road
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290530

Another Drop - Tattu Nala in deep gorge below... Roaring sounds can be heared... The water is muddy...
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290531

Tattu Nala in the gorge
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290532

Road , Tattu Nala and the terrain
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290533

Look back to Indus and KKH
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290534

Newly constructed bridge - Bridge was open for crossing on foot, but jeep was not allowed so left jeep here and started trekking...
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290535

The Trekker
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290536

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rare image of Deosai Plains

Deosai, Nanga Parbat and Sorrounding hills from where the Bara Pani/other rivers are generaring
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290537

Ladakh seeing towards Nanga Parbat and Deosai in backdrop...
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290538

Nanga Parbat from Space
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -290539

Courtesy: Owner of the image

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One thing is the common in these images are rough and straight mountain with no grass upto this point. That's why it can be tough on a hot and sunny day.

Tell me about the location of raikot bridge. Any hotel or general store is available. I am asking because you are complaining about water shortage.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by MultaniTraveler View Post
    One thing is the common in these images are rough and straight mountain with no grass upto this point. That's why it can be tough on a hot and sunny day.

Tell me about the location of raikot bridge. Any hotel or general store is available. I am asking because you are complaining about water shortage.

There is a small store at Raikot Bridge. Which have some Local class cola bottles. and mineral water. but sometime the shop is closed and sometime it is shortage of stuff.

There is another little khokha hotel serving tea.

People there drink water of Indus... There is no toilet or water for it. You have to go to behind the bridge behind the boulders there...

One thing, now as the jeep is going upto Tattu Jhail.. where mineral water is also available and fresh water cool spring also there. So no need to worry about water. But you must have a empty bottle with you to fill whereever a spring comes...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    12 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice capture of tatu track
    My Frustrations is My Preinformation!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

RANA sb!

really brave of u brother...one question when are u planning the trip to K2 via gandoro pass?hmm i bet u can make it tooo...its my lifetime dream to reach the base camp of k2..i hope i get time for it....

14. 28-08-2011, 06:29 PM

Site Banned

Reason
    spam

TJ
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks Rana Bhai

TJ

TJ
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Rana Bhai
    Can you tell me about good transport service running from Multan to Karachi.
    i.e. Name, Departure timings. travel time and of course fare.

TJ

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by talalarif2003 View Post
    RANA sb!

really brave of u brother...one question when are u planning the trip to K2 via gandoro pass?hmm i bet u can make it tooo...its my lifetime dream to reach the base camp of k2..i hope i get time for it....
    Ya its my dream.. But for K-2, a lot of preparation, himmat leaves, budget required. more fitness required...

I also need much more trekking.. to attempt Concordia..

So this plan is pending till few years...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by conflicted View Post
    nice capture of tatu track
    Thanks...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by TJ View Post
    Rana Bhai
    Can you tell me about good transport service running from Multan to Karachi.
    i.e. Name, Departure timings. travel time and of course fare.

TJ

The best is Daewoo... a lot of bus plying to the Karachi... travel time, fare you can see daewoo website...

:- Daewoo Express (Dream Journey)-:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The portion of jeepable trek.. but done on foot due to that bridge/landslide
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291494

A hamlet of Tattu across the tattu nala and gorge
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291495

Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291496

A water crossing just near Fairy Point Hotel - Last Jeepable stop
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291497

Looking back
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291498

Trek
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291501

Trek and the Nanga Parbat first sighting
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291502

Narrow trek and gushing tattu nala
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291503

Narrow trek and gushing tattu nala
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291504

A gate on the trek... marking boundary of Fairy meadow or preventing animals/herds
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291505

Gushing Tattu Nala
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291506

Narrow one feet wide trek...
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291507
    Nala deep below
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291508

Teacher of Chilas School - going back to home for summers with some ration/tomatoes
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291509
    Trek
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -291510

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Fairy Meadow Landslide

A spotting of landslide, where the bridge is now made...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

awesome coverage. very detailed, interactive and clear cut picture of trip from your side thumbsup
    I WORK FOR MONEY... IF YOU WANT LOYALTY HIRE A DOG.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 27 FirstFirst ... 5131415161725 ... LastLast

User Tag List