Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast
Results 41 to 60 of 536
Like Tree774Likes

Thread: Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking, Hiking, Hitchhiking, Jeep Safari & NATCO

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ranasherdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    3,347
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking, Hiking, Hitchhiking, Jeep Safari & NATCO

    Alhamdullillah, I have completed my North Trip alone. 16.07.2011 to 30.07.2011 alone. Joined 4 groups in way. Enjoyed a lot. Earned friends and memories.


    I have travalled from Multan to Mansehra in Shalimar AC Coach with bike loaded on top.

    From Mansehra I have started my biking trip to Naran and Jalkhad, Chilas, Gilgit. Then visited Hunza Duikar (Eagle Nest), Karimabad and Ataabad Lake.

    On return from Hunza I have visited Naltar lake on bike alone.

    After return to Gilgit from Naltar, I parked my bike in Jamal Hotel and set off via NATCO to Skardu. From Skardu visited Sadpara Deosai, Chillam and Astore.

    From Astore I went Raikot, visited fairy meadow and returned back to Gilgit. From Gilgit visited Yaseen Valley. From Yaseen returned back to Gilgit. and there on Public Transport Coaster returned to Rawalpindi.

    From Rawalpindi I have visited Nathia Gali and back to Pindi. From Pindi via Skyways started Journey to Home (Multan)

    Thanks



    Jalkhad
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279257

    Babusar Top
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279258

    Nanga Parbat
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279260

    Rakaposhi from Hunza
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279261

    Teaser from Naltar
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279262

    Fairy Meadow - I am in the middle right...
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279264

    Deosai
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -279265


  2. #41
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ranasherdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    3,347
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MultaniTraveler View Post
    What is your overall experience about this trip?

    1) Decision to go alone.
    2) Decision to go on bike.
    3) Cost factor .
    4) Bike performance and total fuel cost.
    5) Luggage you carry with.
    6) Tool kit for your bike.
    7) Availability of Public transport.
    1. Decision was good. A lifetime experience. An Adventure.

    2. Superb experience of decision to go on bike. Bike was in excellent condition. Engine, Tyre, Chain Garari (Gear) set all new etc.

    3. Total Cost on Trip was 26,000/-. Don't have much breakup of cost.

    4. Bike performance is superb. Fuel Cost is not much, Mansehra to Naran 280 Rs. Petrol is widely available on the KKH.

    5. 3 Pair pant shirts, Jacket, Upper, Shaving Kit, Rain Jacket, Sleeping Bag, Tent

    Waisy I recommend not to take sleeping bag and tent in such biking except you are going some hardcore trekking.

    6. Tool kit (Original jo bike k sath aati ha). extra tubes. Wheel opening panas (tools), Tyre Opener. Puncture kit. Air Pump. I have got training of puncture and tyre/tube change, wheel opening from my area shop.

    7. Availability of public transport is good. But only available in morning. Its better you reserve seat one day earlier.
    Even Chilas Naran Pindi coaster service is available
    Also Mansehra to Jalkhad Rocket Bus service is available.

    But public transport takes much time... You won't find connecting flights...

    @deadman78

    I have used Canan camera 3.2 MegaPixel. with 3x Zoom. Total Cost 26000/-

  3. #42
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Shahbazzain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    3,299
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    85 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by conflicted View Post
    rana ji, u stayed a night in hotel ... didnt even informed me.... bad bhiya
    Danish Bhai he met me in my office & i offered him to stay with me but he....

  4. #43
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    a4awais's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    35
    Posts
    1,287
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    very nice, waiting for more pictures.
    http://www.facebook.com/jadoon.awais

  5. #44
    PakWheeler Follow
    luckybilal's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    986
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    You mentioned permission is required from GHQ for Minimarg. I met 20 guys in my recent visit to Taobutt at Kel. They all descended from Astore-Minimarg-Kamri-Taobutt-Kel. I forgot asking them for such permission. Very nicely narrated tour.
    Hardware and Software - Engineered to Work Together. ORACLE 11g

  6. #45
    PakWheeler Follow
    deadman78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    721
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ranasherdil View Post
    1. Decision was good. A lifetime experience. An Adventure.

    2. Superb experience of decision to go on bike. Bike was in excellent condition. Engine, Tyre, Chain Garari (Gear) set all new etc.

    3. Total Cost on Trip was 26,000/-. Don't have much breakup of cost.

    4. Bike performance is superb. Fuel Cost is not much, Mansehra to Naran 280 Rs. Petrol is widely available on the KKH.

    5. 3 Pair pant shirts, Jacket, Upper, Shaving Kit, Rain Jacket, Sleeping Bag, Tent

    Waisy I recommend not to take sleeping bag and tent in such biking except you are going some hardcore trekking.

    6. Tool kit (Original jo bike k sath aati ha). extra tubes. Wheel opening panas (tools), Tyre Opener. Puncture kit. Air Pump. I have got training of puncture and tyre/tube change, wheel opening from my area shop.

    7. Availability of public transport is good. But only available in morning. Its better you reserve seat one day earlier.
    Even Chilas Naran Pindi coaster service is available
    Also Mansehra to Jalkhad Rocket Bus service is available.

    But public transport takes much time... You won't find connecting flights...

    @deadman78

    I have used Canan camera 3.2 MegaPixel. with 3x Zoom. Total Cost 26000/-
    How you manage the 16 days tour within 26000/- it's quite impossible infront, for example you have hired a jeep like to fairy Meadows which almost costs you arround 5K to 6K alone and hotels rents, food and jeep on few other locations also so how you manage to do that, can you tell me the details of expenses of hotels rooms, public transport and jeep rents in details and food also.

  7. #46
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ranasherdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    3,347
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadman78 View Post
    How you manage the 16 days tour within 26000/- it's quite impossible infront, for example you have hired a jeep like to fairy Meadows which almost costs you arround 5K to 6K alone and hotels rents, food and jeep on few other locations also so how you manage to do that, can you tell me the details of expenses of hotels rooms, public transport and jeep rents in details and food also.
    Sir jee I have joined groups.

    For fairy meadow jeep/stay, i joined a group of 2 from Islamabad.

    For Deosai jeep was Rs 5000/- and per head cost was just Rs. 1000/- Skardu to Astore via deosai.

    For Jalkhad, Gilgit, Hunza, Eagle Nest stay, i joined a group from Lahore so cost was very less and earned friends also.

    At Astore, i stayed with a group from Faqirwali. Kamran hotel, 5 person, two rooms Rs. 800/- per room. It cost me Rs. 300/-

    Food at Gilgit... Chai (Tea) Paratha just cost Rs. 20/-. Normal Meal usually
    cost in these areas some what Rs. 80/- per meal.

    I stayed 2 nights solo in gilgit. one in skardu, one in yaseen one in isb. that cost Rs. 300-500 per night.

    You can find hotels in range of Rs. 300-500 all over these areas.

    Public Transport not much high cost.

    Coaster Gilgit to Pindi = Rs. 1500/-
    Gilgit to Skardu NATCO = Rs. 500/-
    Gilgit to Yaseen = Rs 250/-

  8. #47
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ranasherdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    3,347
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I took Rs. 32K in my pocket hard cash.

    I didn't have record of expense. I just kept Rs. 10,000/- separate for my return journey out of 32K. and kept on expense.

    I decided, when i will consume all except Rs. 10K (Return), i will go back. But Alhamdullillah, Allah help me everywhere. The main issues were hotel charges. I got groups. and also the main issues were deosai and fairy meadow jeep. I got groups for that.

  9. #48
    PakWheeler Follow
    MultaniTraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    40
    Posts
    895
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Decision was good. A lifetime experience. An Adventure.

    2. Superb experience of decision to go on bike. Bike was in excellent condition. Engine, Tyre, Chain Garari (Gear) set all new etc.

    3. Total Cost on Trip was 26,000/-. Don't have much breakup of cost.

    4. Bike performance is superb. Fuel Cost is not much, Mansehra to Naran 280 Rs. Petrol is widely available on the KKH.

    5. 3 Pair pant shirts, Jacket, Upper, Shaving Kit, Rain Jacket, Sleeping Bag, Tent

    Waisy I recommend not to take sleeping bag and tent in such biking except you are going some hardcore trekking.


    6. Tool kit (Original jo bike k sath aati ha). extra tubes. Wheel opening panas (tools), Tyre Opener. Puncture kit. Air Pump. I have got training of puncture and tyre/tube change, wheel opening from my area shop.

    7. Availability of public transport is good. But only available in morning. Its better you reserve seat one day earlier.
    Even Chilas Naran Pindi coaster service is available
    Also Mansehra to Jalkhad Rocket Bus service is available.

    But public transport takes much time... You won't find connecting flights...

    @deadman78

    I have used Canan camera 3.2 MegaPixel. with 3x Zoom. Total Cost 26000/-[/QUOTE]


    Where u got the protective gear and how many time u use sleeping bags and tents???

  10. #49
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Raheeln's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,143
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    rana sb, my thread is here from last few weeks, and i guess u have alrerady seen the threead and pics, and also reply to my post, we were there in this july 9 to july 11, 5 kids, did this track on their own, though few horses were used, i will 2nd conflicted, as u cant compare FM with anything else, cant even compare this beauty with any of the galliyat area, and to me and my family and may be to many other FM is not dangerous track, as i am saying mukshpuri track is not proper track when u have to climb from within the jungle part, etc, but FM track is very much proper track till the end,

  11. #50
    PakWheeler Follow
    deadman78's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    721
    Follows
    1
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ranasherdil View Post
    Sir jee I have joined groups.

    For fairy meadow jeep/stay, i joined a group of 2 from Islamabad.

    For Deosai jeep was Rs 5000/- and per head cost was just Rs. 1000/- Skardu to Astore via deosai.

    For Jalkhad, Gilgit, Hunza, Eagle Nest stay, i joined a group from Lahore so cost was very less and earned friends also.

    At Astore, i stayed with a group from Faqirwali. Kamran hotel, 5 person, two rooms Rs. 800/- per room. It cost me Rs. 300/-

    Food at Gilgit... Chai (Tea) Paratha just cost Rs. 20/-. Normal Meal usually
    cost in these areas some what Rs. 80/- per meal.

    I stayed 2 nights solo in gilgit. one in skardu, one in yaseen one in isb. that cost Rs. 300-500 per night.

    You can find hotels in range of Rs. 300-500 all over these areas.

    Public Transport not much high cost.

    Coaster Gilgit to Pindi = Rs. 1500/-
    Gilgit to Skardu NATCO = Rs. 500/-
    Gilgit to Yaseen = Rs 250/-
    Rana sahab I must say that you are one lucky person to have find out such persons in your journey which ultimately the main reason your whole tour was budget friendly and also find good friends in the process. I will prefer to travel with you in future if got a chance why not make a tour for naraan or northern areas next summer again u and me or other persons which you may able to find? what you Rana sahab?. Sir jee do you have any facebook or yahoo, hotmail id so I can add you and interact with you in future for some possible future tours.

  12. #51
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ranasherdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    3,347
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @multanitravaller.

    This protective gear got from Multan Sports worth Rs. 350/-. I used my own sleeping bag throughout the journey except the FM. I didnt used my own camp nor hired tent. All nights i have stayed night under a roof/cieling.(Hotel). Where you see a roof (Chatt), tent ma rahnay ko dil nahi karta..

    I recommend that don't take tent or sleeping bags. Just a weight. take less and less luggage.

    @raheeln

    I didn't compared beauty of two treks. Just in terms of hectic or dangerous, i have compared two treks.

    I have given my views about the difficulty/dangerous of trek. Might be other people have some other views. I have also confirmed from Raikot Bridge that a lot of people do Touba after the FM trek.

    Please give me some independence of views...

    Thanks.

  13. #52
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ranasherdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    3,347
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luckybilal View Post
    You mentioned permission is required from GHQ for Minimarg. I met 20 guys in my recent visit to Taobutt at Kel. They all descended from Astore-Minimarg-Kamri-Taobutt-Kel. I forgot asking them for such permission. Very nicely narrated tour.
    Sir jee, mujhey tou Army Checkpost waloun nay yehi bataya tha, k permission required from GHQ.

    Waisay bhi yeh permissions, checking, entries wali jaghoon say mujhey bari koofat hoti ha...

    Thanks.

  14. #53
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ranasherdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    3,347
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by deadman78 View Post
    Rana sahab I must say that you are one lucky person to have find out such persons in your journey which ultimately the main reason your whole tour was budget friendly and also find good friends in the process. I will prefer to travel with you in future if got a chance why not make a tour for naraan or northern areas next summer again u and me or other persons which you may able to find? what you Rana sahab?. Sir jee do you have any facebook or yahoo, hotmail id so I can add you and interact with you in future for some possible future tours.

    Thank you sir jee..

    Yes its my pleasure to go with some friends like you. Lets see. I have sent you my FB ID through PM.

  15. #54
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ranasherdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    3,347
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shahbazzain View Post
    Danish Bhai he met me in my office & i offered him to stay with me but he....
    @shahbazzain @conflicted

    Yeh ghalti ab nahi hogi... but its just due to late night time factor.. I hope you will forgive.. and on my next visit apka shikwa khatam kar dun ga....

    Thanks for so much love...

    I invite you for tour of Multan. Whenever you come to Multan, please inform me. Thank you.

  16. #55
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Raheeln's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    9,143
    Follows
    5
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    47 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    oh surely rana sb, every1 has the freedom to express himself, as myself and conflicted, i have also mentioned in my thread that our family is good at it, no matter ladies or kids, as they have grown up in the same views and morals as we have, so i should feel more proud about ths kids who did this track, and yes for tauba, v need to do more, so can reach a point for tauba, but mind u i havent missed or qaza any salat during my stay at FM, broad view

  17. #56
    PakWheeler Follow
    saqibsandhu1's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    25
    Posts
    388
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by ranasherdil View Post
    Battakundi or Burawai???
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking, Hiking, Hitchhiking, Jeep Safari & NATCO - 279794
    Its Batakundi Rana sb
    .........

  18. #57
    PakWheeler Follow
    MultaniTraveler's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    Multan
    Age
    40
    Posts
    895
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    27 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    i think the conversation must be ended now.

  19. #58
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    accord7362's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Age
    44
    Posts
    8,290
    Follows
    2
    Following
    6
    Mentioned
    197 Post(s)
    Tagged
    34 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    seems to be a great trip & great detailing
    Thanks for sharing
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forums/members-member-rides/266031-accord7362s-merc-thanks-god-loved-ones-who-remember-me-prayers ,199119-thanks-god-2011-ford-edge-limited-awd-3-5-v6

  20. #59
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    ranasherdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Multan
    Posts
    3,347
    Follows
    10
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Tagged
    22 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Day-2 Jalkhad to Gilgit

    Bismillah Hotel Jalkhad
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -280331


    Looking back Jalkhad Peak (Departure from Jalkhad) Look at the road... The road is wide.. and easy
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -280332


    Pyala Lake Jalkhad (Jall (pani) ka Khadda)
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -280333


    Noori Nar Nala and Road to Sharda
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -280334



    Looking to the mountains.
    Solo Flight North Pakistan 2011 - Biking Hiking Hitchhiking Jeep Safari & NATCO -280335

  21. #60
    PakWheeler Follow
    omer1982's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    34
    Posts
    531
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Kamaal kardia rana sahib...akalee hi turr pay ooo!!
    ‘Whosoever chooses to follow guidance, follows it for his own good; whosoever goes astray, goes astray to his own loss.’ (al-Isra’ 17: 15)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 27 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •