This is Yusuf from Turkey,
I and my friend Erol are planning a trip which will start from Turkey and will follow through Iran, Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Kazakistan, Krgyzstan, Tajikistan, Afghanistan, Pakistan and back home over Iran again.
All the blogs and official sites are full of warnings about Afghanistan and Pakistan. But I do not belive that it can be so unstable and dangerous.
So I need all the help and info possible:
1. What do you know and suggest about riding in Afghanistan and Pakistan?
2. Route is Iskashim-Wakhan-Konduz-Mazar-i Sharif-Herat-Bamiyan-Kabul-Kyhber Pass-Islamabad-Karakorum Hgw-Lahore-Karachi-Iran
3. Is this route possible to cover? If it is partly possible which routes do you suggest?
4. We will be riding a KTM 990 ADV and BMW 1200 GSA, will service be a serious problem in case of a breakdown for these brands?
5. We are both sunni muslims, is this an advantage or makes no difference?
6. How many km can we cover daily in different areas under normal conditions?
7. Dates will be in late August, what is the weather like in southern Pakistan on these dates?
8. Any advice and info is very much appreciated
Best regards and wish you safe rides from Turkey
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad