I am planning an “Explore Azad Kashmir” tour this July. Azad Kashmir is small but beautiful and due to its proximity to the border rarely visited. Due to lack of tourism it is relatively free of the nuisances of tourist culture and lacks information.
Plan to use my 2 stroke Kawasaki KE175 for the trip. It is 1982 model but completely refurbished and reliable (hopefully).
Outline of the plan should be somewhat like this,
- Baghsar-Chakswari-Kotli-Banjosa-Toli Pir.
- Toli Pir-Bagh-Sudhan gali-Hatian-Rashian-Lepa.
- Lepa-Athmuqam-Shardi. Shardi-Kel-Taobut.
- Chilam to Rattu.
- Rattu-Shounter-Chitta Katha.
- Chitta Katha- Kel.
- Kel- Shardi-Jalkhad-Naran.
Step 6-7-8-9 would be on foot/pony or public transport.
2 extra days to be decided on the spot.
- Is there a direct route between Lepa and Neelum valley? Otherwise I’ll have to drive 100kms extra through Muzaffarabad.
- Places we need to get permission from the military.
- Places needing permission from the local authorities.
- Availability of fuel (Kawa is heavy on fuel).
- Availability of rest houses/food/dhabas.
- Availability and charges for porters and ponies (step 6-9).
- Availability of electricity for charging.
- Working of cell phones.
Any input/help/ guidance or suggestions would be appreciated.
Dr Omar Khan
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad