7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Trip to Kashmir Neelum Valley and Jagran Valley

Kashmir, land of beauty, where Neelum & Jehlum flow wildly with immense power, forming beautiful Neelum and Jehlum valley. Love story of these rivers completes at Muzaffarabd where both the rivers combine together; from here river Jehlum continues to flow downstream. Pines, glaciers, waterfalls and very nice people that’s what Kashmir is. People are very very friendly, very understanding, supporting and very importantly literate. Wherever I was in Kashmir I saw Kids in uniform going to or coming back from school; boys/girls coming back from or going to college. Kashmir has very good literacy rate and it made me proud. This land is recovering from 2005 earthquake and floods of 2010. It will take time to rebuild the infrastructure but I have full confidence that brave Kashmiris will stand strong like ever.

Summer is time in Pakistan when North opens its window for tourists, nature lovers and vagabonds like me. A trip was long due from me and my friend’s side; basic instinct of riding and exploring nature was overcoming all other responsibilities which we normally face in our lives; heart was pushing me to spare time and go to the land of beauty. So, we planned for a three days trip to Neelum and Jagran Valley which started on 15 June, 2012. I am not a hermit/loner and always prefer to have company and friends on trips. Unfortunately for this trip it was only me and Imran, other guys failed to join us because of their personal engagements and I regret that they missed an experience of a life time. I was riding GS-150 and Imran was on CG-125.

To keep the thread interesting, I will update on different visited locations time to time and I am not summarizing the trip in the beginning. My below posts will lead us to above mentioned valleys with pictures and explanations; though words and pictures are not enough to share kinda experience.

I prepared for the trip and took essential stuff with me. As I was riding bike so took following items with me.

1. Sleeping bag
    2. Warm jacket for night
    3. Wind breaker for riding
    4. Toothpaste and brush, soap
    5. Extra pair of shoes and one pair of sleeper
    6. Warm sleeping suite, spare T-shirts, spare pair of socks
    7. Torch, toolkit, necessary spare parts for my bike (clutch wire, accelerator wire, brake shoes with springs, headlamp and tail light bulbs)
    8. First aid kit
    9. And very importantly safety gear

Looking forward for your support and participation.

The More You Learn the Better You Get.......Drive Safe, for Yourself, for Your Loved Ones and for Humanity

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Trip to Kashmir Neelum Valley and Jagran Valley -429389
    The More You Learn the Better You Get.......Drive Safe, for Yourself, for Your Loved Ones and for Humanity

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Trip to Kashmir Neelum Valley and Jagran Valley -429391

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

now were getting closer and closer to sharda

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Trip to Kashmir Neelum Valley and Jagran Valley -429392

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cryptlord View Post
    Thanks Brother for sharing ur informative experience
    my pleasure

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    40 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

though i never visited northern areas on bike nor have any plan but it looks to me as its an adventure apart.
    how did you manage the dust spread into atmosphere chasing a van on a dusty road?thats seems the issue
    https://www.facebook.com/skillgrafik

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Skill View Post
    though i never visited northern areas on bike nor have any plan but it looks to me as its an adventure apart.
    how did you manage the dust spread into atmosphere chasing a van on a dusty road?thats seems the issue
    Skill very logical and excellent question. Its fun riding in northern areas of Pakistan and its way less dangerous than riding on GT road or in city. I used/use cloth to cover my face which protects dust to go in while you breath and of course helmet helps too. There are ways if you come in a situation where you start following a car or a van or a truck on a dusty road; 1st overtake them or if you can’t do so wait and let them go far ahead.

Motorcycle riding is fun; i loved it when i was young i loved it when i was graduating from abroad and still love it when i am working. Motorcycle riding is all about knowing your and your bike's limits and of course very importantly keeping all the safety gears. Enjoy it but dont put your life at risk. During my visit to Kashmir i been to a track which was most difficult track of my life; even that track came in my dreams at night and during whole the track up and down i was praying to Allah..... continuous Aaya Tul Kursi.... and Darood. It was an experience of a life time.

Keep posting and participating. I feel good when you people ask questions and very genuine and logical questions.
    I feel proud on people like you for asking such questions. Thanks for your support and participation and i love when you see all these beautiful places through my experiences and camera's eye.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Riders like you and many others really motivate me to leave my normal life and explore the beauty of Pakistan but a few things stop me from embarking on such a journey. One of such thing is riding on the river side(ditch side) of the road. This is the biggest of the fears I have. Then I use tell myself that in cities we never ever leave the road. Such is the case in riding on mountains. Just collecting the courage, may be this aug or sep I will be off too
    Is my way of thinking right or wrong?
    some more questions
    How much is the traffic on this route? Is it easier to ride a bike from mzd to kel than to drive here in lahore?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ZESTY View Post
    Trip to Kashmir Neelum Valley and Jagran Valley -429387
    Its real Beauty.
    Lonely ugly thing is red/white tower:d

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zahid135 View Post
    Its real Beauty.
    Lonely ugly thing is red/white tower:d
    Agreed Zahid

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jamshed8401 View Post
    Riders like you and many others really motivate me to leave my normal life and explore the beauty of Pakistan but a few things stop me from embarking on such a journey. One of such thing is riding on the river side(ditch side) of the road. This is the biggest of the fears I have. Then I use tell myself that in cities we never ever leave the road. Such is the case in riding on mountains. Just collecting the courage, may be this aug or sep I will be off too
    Is my way of thinking right or wrong?
    some more questions
    How much is the traffic on this route? Is it easier to ride a bike from mzd to kel than to drive here in lahore?
    Jamshed, if you feel to ride you should give it a try but dont push yourself. I am telling you riding in city or GT road is more dangerous then riding on KKh or Neelum road. You can start riding by choosing some easy tracks like you can go to murree or you can go to peer sohawa. Check your limits and bring some confidence in you then you can try something more challenging. Please keep all the safety gear with you; enjoy riding; don’t ride fast just be in your limits and you are safe. Follow the traffic rules and that’s it. Motor biking is all about patience; it puts pressure and stress on your body; with each day passing on a tour your body feels more stress. Motorcycle seat hurts butts and it hurts badly; its the first sign of pain rather uncomfortable feeling while riding motorcycle. But yes once you see beautiful scenes and places all the pain goes away and one feels fresh and that’s the reward i ride for. from Lahore you can bring your bike to Rawalpindi on train and then can start your journey from Rawalpindi to any place you want to go. On the way back you can again load your bike from RWP to LHR. One more suggestion; for safety reasons always try to be one person per bike as it increases balance. If you travel in group; decide the lead person and positions after the lead; don’t overtake each other and no racing. Maintain decent speed and all should follow the lead in a queue. I personally prefer to travel in group as its more fun and better experience.

My recommendation is to start with easy tracks and increase difficulty level as you gain confidence.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Riders like you and many others really motivate me to leave my normal life......?
    Jamshed by the way riding motorcycle is not abnormal........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Jamshed, if you feel to ride you should give it a try but dont push yourself. I am telling you riding in city or GT road is more dangerous then riding on KKh or Neelum road. You can start riding by choosing some easy tracks like you can go to murree or you can go to peer sohawa. Check your limits and bring some confidence in you then you can try something more challenging. Please keep all the safety gear with you; enjoy riding; don’t ride fast just be in your limits and you are safe. Follow the traffic rules and that’s it. Motor biking is all about patience; it puts pressure and stress on your body; with each day passing on a tour your body feels more stress. Motorcycle seat hurts butts and it hurts badly; its the first sign of pain rather uncomfortable feeling while riding motorcycle. But yes once you see beautiful scenes and places all the pain goes away and one feels fresh and that’s the reward i ride for. from Lahore you can bring your bike to Rawalpindi on train and then can start your journey from Rawalpindi to any place you want to go. On the way back you can again load your bike from RWP to LHR. One more suggestion; for safety reasons always try to be one person per bike as it increases balance. If you travel in group; decide the lead person and positions after the lead; don’t overtake each other and no racing. Maintain decent speed and all should follow the lead in a queue. I personally prefer to travel in group as its more fun and better experience.

My recommendation is to start with easy tracks and increase difficulty level as you gain confidence.
    First of all thanx for the detailed reply. And yes my plan is to first test myself at peer sohawa and then to murree but after doing that would I be prepared for riding in neelum or kaghan valley? or there are other intermediate tracks too?

Yes riding motorcycle is a normal thing but exploring north is totally a different thing and that needs a lot of courage and skill and it gives alot of joy too

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

.....good going shuja bahi....i hope this will motivate all bikers to see the beauty in pakistan lands in spending little amount.... Also share our traveling expense with all guys so that they will be very happy to hear that passion need spirit not money...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

...4 wheels move the BODY 2 wheels move the SOUL...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by d3vil View Post
    ...4 wheels move the BODY 2 wheels move the SOUL...

here comes my buddy Imran who was with me on the trip..... Welcome buddy

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by d3vil View Post
    .....good going shuja bahi....i hope this will motivate all bikers to see the beauty in pakistan lands in spending little amount.... Also share our traveling expense with all guys so that they will be very happy to hear that passion need spirit not money...
    As Devil said, if you guys are interested i can share the expenses with you for your guidance and consideration.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just to Introduce D3vil; he is a biker by soul and very good and tough biker; energetic, controlled and adventureous. Very nice human and to me he is like younger brother ...........................by the way i am not that old .... I did alot of trips with him and this one was most memorable as it was only him and myself for this particular trip.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

First of all thanx for the detailed reply. And yes my plan is to first test myself at peer sohawa and then to murree but after doing that would I be prepared for riding in neelum or kaghan valley? or there are other intermediate tracks too?

Yes riding motorcycle is a normal thing but exploring north is totally a different thing and that needs a lot of courage and skill and it gives alot of joy too
    Jamshed, i m not a regular biker; i dont ride motorcycle in my daily life but if you ride motrcycle in ur daily life things will be easier for you. Your body will be more acceptable to different stresses riding puts. I ride motorcycle for fun and adventure; may be by soul i m adventureous. By visiting heights you will get the experience of handling bike on sharp turns and how to manage gears. I have seen car drivers from Lahore and central punjab who ride very wrong in northern areas and on hills. There are few rules of riding in hills and should be respected all the time. Remember if you want to be safe on a ride give preference to other drivers........patience and more patience thats it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As Devil said, if you guys are interested i can share the expenses with you for your guidance and consideration.
    Please do that.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast

User Tag List