Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
Like Tree46Likes

Thread: Bike Trip to Keenjhar Lake, Shah Jahan Mosque (Thatta) & Makli Graveyards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Bike Trip to Keenjhar Lake, Shah Jahan Mosque (Thatta) & Makli Graveyards

Sharing pictures of my bike trip to Keenjhar Lake, Shah Jahan Mosque (Thatta) & Makli Graveyards. It was in November 2011. Me and my friend planned the trip on Saturday night and Sunday early morning we started our journey.

My bike was Super Star 70cc (China) purchased in 2006. We started our journey at around 8:30 AM, did our breakfast of Halwa Puri from Malir 15, refilled the petrol from Gulshan-e-Hadeed. At 10 AM, we were at Dhabeji, stopped there for tea and then continued journey. Made few more casual stops at Gharo to see local fishermen fishing on twin canals, and to see a roadside fish shop near a small canal at Gujjo.

We reached Keenjhar Lake at around 11:45 AM, then enjoyed some swimming. Got a tube to float around and it was great fun. Then we took the boat to visit the Noori's (from Noori Jam Tamachi folktale) grave which is situated in middle of Keenjhar Lake. At around 2:30 PM we left Keenjhar Lake and started the return journey.

On way back, we first visited Shah Jehan Mosque in Thatta which is a great masterpiece of mughal era. Then we had lunch from Mumtaz Bikik Restaurant (Thatta) and then continued to Makli Graveyards. At 4 PM we were at Makli Graveyards. Visited different tombs and then started the return journey around 4:45 PM.

Had tea from Gharo at 5:15. We were short on time so couldn't visit Bhanbore ruins at Dhabeji. We reached our homes around 6:45 PM.

It was a short but wonderful trip and the cost was only Rs 600 per head including the fuel, breakfast, lunch, tickets, tea & boat ride.

Bike Trip to Keenjhar Lake Shah Jahan Mosque Thatta & Makli Graveyards -1182815
    Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity... ~ John Muir

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bike Trip to Keenjhar Lake, Shah Jahan Mosque (Thatta) & Makli Graveyards - 1182836d1367926610 bike trip keenjhar lake shah jahan mosque thatta makli graveyards 01

Bike Trip to Keenjhar Lake, Shah Jahan Mosque (Thatta) & Makli Graveyards - 1182863d1367926891 bike trip keenjhar lake shah jahan mosque thatta makli graveyards 44
    Some time ago I made an plan of traveling from Karachi to Thatta to Hyderabad (via N5) to Karachi (via Super highway) on bike.
    Idea was to have breakfast at Thatta, lunch anywhere between Thatta and Hyderabad and Dinner at Karachi.
    Your pics, specially top 2, made me re-dream about that program

Bike Trip to Keenjhar Lake, Shah Jahan Mosque (Thatta) & Makli Graveyards - 1182824d1367926651 bike trip keenjhar lake shah jahan mosque thatta makli graveyards 13
    I first thought it is a road on left.
    "Dosti aisa nata, jo sone se bhi mehenga"
    https://sites.google.com/site/fatehkhursheed/

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by kfateh View Post
    Some time ago I made an plan of traveling from Karachi to Thatta to Hyderabad (via N5) to Karachi (via Super highway) on bike.
    Idea was to have breakfast at Thatta, lunch anywhere between Thatta and Hyderabad and Dinner at Karachi.
    Your pics, specially top 2, made me re-dream about that program

I first thought it is a road on left.
    Go for it bro. Best of luck
    Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity... ~ John Muir

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice Trip (Y)