Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Bike Trip to Head Balloki + Rana Resorts [Completed]

-- THREAD COMPLETED --

Today, on 20th March 2014, I completed a bike trip from Lahore to Head Balloki + Rana Resorts. I am in Lahore since last week and squeezed a day free for this bike trip.

I was with a friend, a fellow PWer @smartsyco We had been planning for a bike trip since my last couple of visits to Lahore but nothing could be finalized before. But this time, it was a success.

The ride was Honda CD70. Camera used is a Canon P&S.

Here are few pictures as a teaser, detailed narrations with pictures are coming soon.

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1380773

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1380775

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1380772

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1380774
    Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity... ~ John Muir

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As we advanced on the trail besides the pond type canal, there were more bamboo bridges. There were many Swing rides (Peengh wala jhoola) besides the trail.. So after watching one, the kid inside me got out and I tried it like I used to do in my childhood At this part of trail, it was so calm environment because its away from main picnic area and very few people visit this far. After every few mins, a donkey cart would pass by full with girls and boys having fun. They were shouting on top of their lungs and were having fun by shooting us with music gun toys.. lol

Further ahead, there was a big pond and it had a bamboo raft floated by big drums. I decided to take a free ride on it but it was tied by chain As I got on to the raft, the guy came and asked if we were interested in raft ride. We told him that we only wanted to take some pics so he went away. Meanwhile I got onto the raft and my friend took a few pictures. I was feeling myself like Bear Grylls of Man vs Wild

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382741

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382742

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382743

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382744
    Thousands of tired, nerve-shaken, over-civilized people are beginning to find out that going to the mountains is going home; that wildness is a necessity... ~ John Muir

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Till this point we had not seen any free roaming deer which was the main motivation for the trip. We reached a point on main trail which had a tree hut. I climbed on it and felt like a hunter waiting for some game. I had to jump from this hut as there were no stairs Made it without any damage.

At this point, we saw an employee roaming around collecting all the garbage in a big plastic bag which was a really good sign. However, at the same time showed that how careless are we that we can't keep any area clean despite several guidelines by management and dustbins placed every few hundred meters.

From this hut, there is a sub trail going deeper which we decided to take. Because good places are always least explored.

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382752

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This was the best decision to turn for sub trail. It was beautiful, the leaves covered the trail making it look like natural jungle. A few hundred meters ahead and I saw something moving. It was a deer family grazing around. Two adult deer and a single younger one. It was a beautiful sight. They got cautious though because of the sounds created by walking on dry leaves. We tried to catch a few pictures with pathetic zoom of P&S camera and these were the best pictures we could get.

Anyway, the happiness at that time could not be described by the following pictures. They saw us advancing and ran away from main trail and went inside grassy section. This sight completely changed our mood and lifted our spirits.

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382768

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382769

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As we continued on trail in search of more deer sightings, we saw a clearing which had a couple of bamboo benches and a wiltja (jhoonpra) type of structure. This placed looked ideal for camping (if someone is willing to do). After spending a couple of minutes, we moved ahead on same sub-trail.

At this point we could hear sound of motor chainsaw somewhere near.

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382778

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382779

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382780

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    148 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I saw a Deer there 3 years ago

I love the hotel room thingy, awesome. Was the train working? did you see the big dinosaur?
    Turbo lag is like foreplay. You know it's coming. And it's gonna be good.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Soon we reached the point from where the chainsaw voice was coming. Two people were cutting down large bamboo pieces in different sizes. This must be because of commercial purpose which is a really good sign that only excess or surplus bamboos were being cut down. I would salute the mind of owner who is making the best use of his private land by earning by visitors, surplus bamboo and also supporting the environment at the same time.

Anyway, the workers stopped working as we came near because electricity had gone. This was the extreme end of the park because it was walled by barb wires. After having salam dua with the workers we moved ahead on sub trail which made a U-turn taking us to sub-trail parallel to from where we had come.

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382783

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382785

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382786

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by faiz.aslam.121 View Post
    I saw a Deer there 3 years ago

I love the hotel room thingy, awesome. Was the train working? did you see the big dinosaur?
    The train was probably working. I don't really know because I had no interest in the amusement park section All I wanted was to be close with nature.

There are quite a few dinosaur models placed at different areas of the park and they have mentioned clearly that it is not allowed to get on top of the dinosaur

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This sub-trail was the beauty of whole trip. If we had skipped this sub-trail then I would have termed my trip as failure or non-attractive. But only because of the decision to take the sub-trail, I loved the trip.

Now the sub-trail was showing different colors. The sound coming with the combination of leaves and our footsteps was feeling like music to ears. At the same time, the wind started to blow and the dried leaves came falling with the wind gusts. It was a such a beautiful sight which can't be described in words, neither it was capturable with camera. It was just the moment to enjoy with naked eye.

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382806

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382805

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382804

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now we wanted to watch more deer. Soon we spotted some fresh deer poop which indicated that deer should be near. I was feeling myself like explorer of National Geographic channel who was looking for clues to find deer in the jungle

Soon, I could spot 3 more deer grazing. We were extremely cautious with our footsteps now because we wanted to get closer with deer now. This worked and we got pretty close to this family of deer. They were less worried about our presence as compared to previous group. We got pretty close and snapped a few pictures. Out of which the picture of single deer came really good and became one of the best shot of the trip.

As we tried to get really close, they all ran off. This was the most beautiful sight and highlight of the trip.

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382831

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382825

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382826

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1382827

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    84 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wow. So much detail :-)

Sent from my Sony Xperia TX using pakwheels forum app.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nice loved your trip brother and the clarity of your Explanation keep posting
    Knowledge is power guard it well !

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Farhansa View Post
    Wow. So much detail :-)

Sent from my Sony Xperia TX using pakwheels forum app.
    Thank you bro. Do keep visiting, its not completed yet

Quote Originally Posted by Damnation6 View Post
    nice loved your trip brother and the clarity of your Explanation keep posting
    Thanks bro. Do pay back a visit, its not over yet

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As the deer ran off, we continued on sub-trail. Here the trail was giving a real forest look. At this part of trail, there were trees other than bamboos too and they were giving very good autumn colors. We also spotted some beautiful birds time to time like nightingales, mynahs etc. Occasionally we also saw some turtles in the ponds but they were too quick than the camera's shutter

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383006

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383007

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383008

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383009

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now this sub-trail was getting more congested. I was wondering if this will take us to main area again or we will have to make a whole journey back to join the main trail. At a point, we hit a dead-end. We could see the main trail but could not reach it as in middle it was closed by barb wires. As I was planning to take the long route back, my friend spotted a staircase pass way in middle of barb wires which could be climbed to get on to the other side. So we climbed it to get the other side. Here one duck was roaming around in open pond. She probably escaped from the confined area of ducks. It was looking very beautiful though, cutting through green water.

Now, we were hungry after a long trail walk. So we headed towards the restaurant. It was now 4 PM, we had started the trail walk at 1 PM. So it was a 3 hour long walk in which we explored so much in this small area. Totally worth the time spent..

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383011

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383013

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383012

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As we reached the restaurant, it was a sigh of relief after the long walk. We ordered the food and meanwhile took some photos of the restaurant. It was a very good restaurant based on jungle theme. They had decorated an artificial tree with bird nests. The wash basin was also made out of rocks. It was indeed a unique experience. It took about 20 minutes before the food was served..

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383014

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383015

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We ordered some chinese rice with shashlik and a chicken tikka with rotis. Weird combination of Chinese + BBQ but "bhook main sab chalta hai" It was wonderful. The taste was awesome. Chicken tikka was nicely cooked with right proportion of spices. And the best part was the roti. May be it was our tiredness or the food was best. Either way, the lunch was great. After the lunch was done, we took a very short prayer break near the cricket stadium and then decided to move as it was already around 5 PM.

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383017

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383016

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383018

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We left Rana Resort at around 5 PM. However, before leaving we took photo of Sindh man, Bilawal Bhutto Zardari We moved towards parking and took our bike and hit the road.

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383020

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383021

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As we hit the Balloki Rd and passed the fish stalls, the curiosity got over me to check what's behind the dammed wall beside the road. Is it a canal or something. It's my theory to check out whatever is making you curious so you won't have regrets afterwards. Thankfully, my friend was also of same nature and never rushed for these small stop overs.

Anyway, the curiosity paid off and we were greeted by a beautiful sight. The canal bed was dried though, there was no water, not a single drop. But the eucalyptus trees at a distance and evening winds was making the scene too beautiful. This stopover took hardly 3-4 minutes but we saved many memories in this small amount of time.

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383023

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383024

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383025

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

One day before trip, when I was checking Google maps, I could spot Balloki Park on the maps at Balloki Road. I was not aware of this park before. And earlier today, we also spotted its board. Now we were passing back from that board again. Now the curiosity got over us again and we decided to pay a short visit to this park.

As we approached the gate of the park, the gate keeper came. We took some information from him. He told that it was opened since an year and its primary focus was on motor sports. We could see some ATVs and dirt bikes. However, he told that the time to try the motor sports is over now, however we can visit around the park on our own bike. We paid 50 Rs/person entry ticket and got into the park..

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383031

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383032

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383033

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    545 Post(s)
    Tagged
    29 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As soon as we entered, we saw a beautiful canal and a boat on its bank. It was a proper canal and was not green as rana resort's pond. The evening made the scene more wonderful. We hurriedly took a photo and then moved ahead.

Further ahead, there was a Food Court which looked really good, however it was deserted at that time.

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383034

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383035

Bike Trip to Head Balloki  Rana Resorts -1383036

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List