876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN*

Hi there fellas its we again the 9 to 5 office workers with fat tummy, high uric acid and high cholesterol..... it was almost six months when we hit the road in spring with @dr.omair and @angel82

but this time we got a big company from @ammarzahid @RocketScience @pirates and @mqsdrana they followed our last tour and noticed how hard we got our a$$ kicked by nature and were ready to go nuts as well...

Initial plan was revised like a 100 times untill we all agreed up one final list of places to vist and people who would be joining.

The Kick A$$ plan was to commute on GT road in night (as usual) to avoid traffic Jams and boring roads and reach at-least Muree by morning.

As monsoon just exhausted all its clouds, so we were quite hope ful that we wont be water gunned by nature this time and we went lucky - REALLY LUCKY! even I would say nature was actually happy for us to be there it just made things happen for us where ever we went...

We had two service kits for 18' tyres for RPs and GS and luckily did not had any roaring CG to ruin the essence of natural beauty and silence of north, even though the new latest RP has a bit loud exhust then its old models but was bearable.

Again the basic essence of the whole bike tour plan was to enjoy sight seeing, dont laugh your head off by hearing that we first time visited nara/kaghan and neelum valley.

we all had average city bikes or I should say non touring bikes like Suzuki GS150, Ravi Piaggio, GD-110 and we were 7 riders all in all.

Our track :
    1 - On 12th Sept left from office little early assembled at Shahdarah and left Lahore for Islamabad.
    2 - On 13th Murree to Muzafarabad, Garhi Habib Ullah, Balakot (first rest night)
    3 - On 14th left for kewai visited shogran, Sari, Paya, Kaghan (Second rest night)
    4 - On 15th left Kaghan for naran, proceeded to batakundi, then JhalKad finally babusar (Damn hard riding one bike fainted *will tell you later* )
    5 - Decended back from Babusar stayed at batakundi and took rest night.
    6 - On 16th Decended to naran went to Jheel SaifUlMalook (saw horses on Horses ... GOD GRIEF!! )
    7 - Decended back to balakot, then Mansehra, finally to abotabad. (another bike *and biker* fainted )
    9 - Avoided Islamabad due to Dharnas used Rawalpindi Saddar to aproach GT road reached Lahore on 17th in the morning and went to sleep for whole day after 24 hour bike riding.

All in all we Jumped into Water streams, danced under the waterfalls, had flat Tyre, swimmed like trouts in Kunhar, got bruised, stucked in Mud in babusar BUT that was one hell of Insane enjoyment, became mud monkeys that area ahead of jhalkad is in insane shape and is there is no road just a long on going process of keeping the existing road in shape and the whole track is a mud pound ... have a look at pics what happened with bikes... but we laughed hard while doing the endure...
    Enjoy

@angel82 after Muddy Babusar Ride!
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479497

@dr.omair after Muddy bath to his GS150
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479498

@pirates after his first Long tour muddy adventure!
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479499

@mqsdrana's beautiful RP125 after he rap** her in Mud ....
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479503

@ammarzahid's brand new GS150 ... welll sort of brand new.. ah...
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479501

@vickytulla and his typhoon.. ah no typhoon but a mud monster
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479505

@rocket science with his GD .... the super GD110 after reaching babusar after atleast 3 hours of constant Mud torture.... Man I respect this little machine.
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479504

@and this is how we got clean ... DAMN that was so cold I still get shivers thinking of it...
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479500

@ammarzahid's morning selfies ... ALLLAH KHAIR thats why aliens dont come to us...
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479502
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480515

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan_mir View Post
    Awesome pic janab.
    Shukriya janab

beautiful! clouds following the track...
    No doubt

Quote Originally Posted by ManMachineAdventure View Post
    Awesome clicks bro @RocketScience
    Thanks bro

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Doli ma to suna tha larkiyan piya ghar jati hain.... AJK ma to manzar hi or daikhnay ko mil raha hai.... :-)
    Wo zeemeni Doli hoti hai aur ye Hawai Doli hai

Ik wari baitho te sai sarkar lag patta javy gaa

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Doli ma to suna tha larkiyan piya ghar jati hain.... AJK ma to manzar hi or daikhnay ko mil raha hai.... :-)
    haha sahi kaha

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Drive Drive Drive
    Din Raat Krain Hum Drive
    Jub Drive Se Thak Jayen
    To Khoob Krain Aaraaam

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480544

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RocketScience View Post
    Drive Drive Drive
    Din Raat Krain Hum Drive
    Jub Drive Se Thak Jayen
    To Khoob Krain Aaraaam
    haha sahi kaha bosss

khoob nai thora thora araam

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480571

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479977
    Wadday Haji Sb

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Breath taking & awesome photos!

Plz also share review of ur bikes...

How @vickytulla 's bike performed with its 200cc engine? WHich brand is this engine? Lifan? I dont remember correctly.... what speeds it can manage easily, ur bike is pretty heavy since it has rims and all those additional goodies... so how was it off road if u went?

Similarly i would like to know the same about GD & GS performance from their respective owners!

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Morning Sunrise at Lake view... oh crap I just realized pics larger then 8MB are not uploading... lol...
    And I was trying to upload my 30mb pic.... Silly
    Re-size kardo bhai
    meri side se b pics upload nhe ho rahi
    Its better to upload all the 8MB+ pictures on Flickr and post here through link.

I am glad you liked it ....

Yes family comes first.... MashAllah mubarik for baby R1 by the way sure do ping us ... we might tag along tooo!!!
    Thanks You & yes InshALLAH

@r1 boht boht mubarak ho BABY ki
    Congratulations Bro.
    Waiting for a profile named r2
    Thank You so much guys. No R2 or R3, She is a Baby Girl
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Congrats @r1 on that little bundle of joy :-) may God bless your family

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very Nice Pictures.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using PW Forums mobile app
    alkandar

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks auto.

1 - Well we had two GS150 which did not even snort in the whole tour ... one was brand new @ammarzahid and the other was like 3 year old probably @dr.omair... but both were in the healthiest condition and didn't let down at any place...

OffRoad
    over all GS is not only a good Coomuter but a adoptable offraoder due to very reasonable ground clreance..

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480692

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480708

GD110 - The small Evil machine with US:

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480707

Man I respect this machine, though it was in a professionals hands @RocketScience was dragging it to its limits but that little vixen did not even snort a single time...

That Damn soft Sofa seat was a reason to envy by all team members...

It can cruise for hours at speed of 80KMH and can be abused off-road for hours and still stays on tail of 125s/200s it sure was an underdog in terms of speed and acceleration but If you think of losing it from your tail while on 125 then my friend you will be surprised one day..

It has all the features packed into small machine the only thing it do not have is a self starter but that is compensated by a an compression kick which is more soft then changing a gear...

It had the best fuel average and saved a lot of riders money but still had enough power to tail gate us in whole tour many times @RocketScience was ahead of us due to its nice maneuverability in mountains..

2 - We had four RP Piaggios... @angel83 with his metallic grey is a very good rider and understand what his bike is talking and had absolutely no issue the whole tour so as @pirates who had a badly abused RP125 which he restored back to life but he has maintained it back to life so efficiently that it worked as good as new.
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480709

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480717

@mqsdrana was with his brand new latest model RP125, he was very much concerned with his bike getting abused becuase he never ever took the bike to this level of bashing where you dont care if bike is skidding in a feet deep mud or slipping on stones while climbing hill on a 45' he never throttled like a maniac EVER ... (which I commonly do just to enjoy breeze in my air) plus his bike was running to rich (stock factory) and thats the worst thing in low pressure high altitude area.. had to service its plug... remember the bike getting faint story I indicated in start... just wait for it
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480718

4th RP was my bike with a 200cc engine...
    On Road:
    Its a proper Highway bike now If I recall then I only remember one good thing about it... I kicked 125 as*es alot ... or jab 5th gear men accelrator khencho tu bike agaye say mon utha ker aesy bhagti hai k dil khush ho jata hai ...

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480719

Off ROAD:
    High way tires right, so they work some how in water but dont like Stones and Mud at all... mud goes into Discs brak goes bad and have to hard brake two or three time so mud is cleaned from disc...
    Naked Chain gets muddy and dries and you have to oil it my chain got so dry that on way back it came out of sprocket so had to adjust is and oil it again..
    From engine side I did not even had a single Glitch in whole tour never it got heated nor it asked for any thing...
    and soldiers and gentlemen I got a feul average of 38~40km/liter... over all

Bad Points in RP / GS:

1 - The Brick hard seats, both bike riders were using cushions/air cushion time to time to relax there Diggis..
    2 - RP has not very good Ground Clearance
    3 - Both are not tubeless and there are 100% chances of flat tyre out there. I should say 110%
    4 - RP is more happy on road/or semi offroad.. as soon as it goes into Stones or Mud then Rider nerves are tested well (Admit it Modified or Not Modified)
    5 - GS need brakes I tested @ammarzahids brand new GS in kewai but being an RP user I found the brakes very low.. RP stand out in braking, and brakes are the one important thing which you need there..

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    Breath taking & awesome photos!

Plz also share review of ur bikes...

How @vickytulla 's bike performed with its 200cc engine? WHich brand is this engine? Lifan? I dont remember correctly.... what speeds it can manage easily, ur bike is pretty heavy since it has rims and all those additional goodies... so how was it off road if u went?

Similarly i would like to know the same about GD & GS performance from their respective owners!
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

my GS gave 39KM/L at the start of the tour but during the climbing and all that average came down to 32KM/L :p over all im quite impressed by what this commuter bike can do and behaved very well with its so-called thin rear tyre. the weak point as @vickytulla pointed out was the braking. i literally had to grab the front brake lever like a big rock to get any reaction out of the front brake. at the end my right hands fingers were really hurting, whereas in disc you really just need a finger to get the braking you need. disc brake on this is must and im still discussing with @vickytulla and @dr.omair on which setup to go for.

verdict: i would still choose GS if i were to buy a new bike.

RP: sturdy bike with a japanese design engine and that means no troubles. people complain about plastic body parts well all the RPs with us went till babusar top and that's enough. hell even @pirates restored RP with a Chinese piston didn't give ANY trouble at ALL. sounded great too i must admit! what say @vickytulla?

GD: evolution of the sprinter so of course, it was amazing for its size. in fact @RocketScience rode it quite fast in muzaffarabad and i found it hard to keep up with it (riding skills). so small, maneuverable but with a torquey and reliable engine. and the lack of sound coming out of the muffler used to make me laugh because honestly it sounds like an electric bike (less sound than a 70cc).

RP200: hard to believe but no troubles given :O one would expect that a bike that had a Chinese engine swapped IN-HOUSE (literally) would heat up and bla bla bla but it just kept on going. in fact the engine temperature was so well-managed that you could touch it 2 3 mins after it was turned off. i dont know how @vickytulla managed to offroad with it though, such a big and heavy bike with tyres that were most probably designed for the track. @vickytulla you need to give it a better exhaust perhaps like a triumph or roadmaster. although the soundless exhaust of the bike really suits its touring nature.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks auto.

1 - Well we had two GS150 which did not even snort in the whole tour ... one was brand new @ammarzahid and the other was like 3 year old probably @dr.omair... but both were in the healthiest condition and didn't let down at any place...

OffRoad
    over all GS is not only a good Coomuter but a adoptable offraoder due to very reasonable ground clreance..

GD110 - The small Evil machine with US:

Man I respect this machine, though it was in a professionals hands @RocketScience was dragging it to its limits but that little vixen did not even snort a single time...

That Damn soft Sofa seat was a reason to envy by all team members...

It can cruise for hours at speed of 80KMH and can be abused off-road for hours and still stays on tail of 125s/200s it sure was an underdog in terms of speed and acceleration but If you think of losing it from your tail while on 125 then my friend you will be surprised one day..

It has all the features packed into small machine the only thing it do not have is a self starter but that is compensated by a an compression kick which is more soft then changing a gear...

It had the best fuel average and saved a lot of riders money but still had enough power to tail gate us in whole tour many times @RocketScience was ahead of us due to its nice maneuverability in mountains..

2 - We had four RP Piaggios... @angel83 with his metallic grey is a very good rider and understand what his bike is talking and had absolutely no issue the whole tour so as @pirates who had a badly abused RP125 which he restored back to life but he has maintained it back to life so efficiently that it worked as good as new.

@mqsdrana was with his brand new latest model RP125, he was very much concerned with his bike getting abused becuase he never ever took the bike to this level of bashing where you dont care if bike is skidding in a feet deep mud or slipping on stones while climbing hill on a 45' he never throttled like a maniac EVER ... (which I commonly do just to enjoy breeze in my air) plus his bike was running to rich (stock factory) and thats the worst thing in low pressure high altitude area.. had to service its plug... remember the bike getting faint story I indicated in start... just wait for it

4th RP was my bike with a 200cc engine...
    On Road:
    Its a proper Highway bike now If I recall then I only remember one good thing about it... I kicked 125 as*es alot ... or jab 5th gear men accelrator khencho tu bike agaye say mon utha ker aesy bhagti hai k dil khush ho jata hai ...

Off ROAD:
    High way tires right, so they work some how in water but dont like Stones and Mud at all... mud goes into Discs brak goes bad and have to hard brake two or three time so mud is cleaned from disc...
    Naked Chain gets muddy and dries and you have to oil it my chain got so dry that on way back it came out of sprocket so had to adjust is and oil it again..
    From engine side I did not even had a single Glitch in whole tour never it got heated nor it asked for any thing...
    and soldiers and gentlemen I got a feul average of 38~40km/liter... over all

Bad Points in RP / GS:

1 - The Brick hard seats, both bike riders were using cushions/air cushion time to time to relax there Diggis..
    2 - RP has not very good Ground Clearance
    3 - Both are not tubeless and there are 100% chances of flat tyre out there. I should say 110%
    4 - RP is more happy on road/or semi offroad.. as soon as it goes into Stones or Mud then Rider nerves are tested well (Admit it Modified or Not Modified)
    5 - GS need brakes I tested @ammarzahids brand new GS in kewai but being an RP user I found the brakes very low.. RP stand out in braking, and brakes are the one important thing which you need there..
    Thx for reviewing much needed review.specially for those who want to buy a bike for long tour. @RocketScience plz tell more about your GD how it performed?
    Man's heart away from nature becomes hard.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla so basically you are saying gd is as powerfull as cg but when I shared my experience that I have seen a gd overtaking cg at high speed most of the member said its not possible cg will rip gd in to piece and you said you have seen gd struggling with rp cg is an other story

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no issue the whole tour so as @pirates who had a badly abused RP125 which he restored back to life but he has maintained it back to life so efficiently that it worked as good as new.
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480709
    yes after restoration i was little bit nervous about its performance on the tour but surprisingly it perform excellent in the whole tour except the chain loose issue.

And specially Thanks to @vickytulla bhi for their time and guidance for the restoration.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yaar...
    After reading this thread, I am feeling like I am getting a "chull" again
    @imranafzal4, @moons, @Silver_Knife, @Sulaiman75, what do you think about Eid Holidays
    I am ready brother 4 - 5 days, Kashmir?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks auto.
    Awesome review everything covered in detaaaillllll

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please dont forget the night sky experience! @vickytulla @angel82 @RocketScience

Closed Thread
Page 11 of 37 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

User Tag List