876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN*

Hi there fellas its we again the 9 to 5 office workers with fat tummy, high uric acid and high cholesterol..... it was almost six months when we hit the road in spring with @dr.omair and @angel82

but this time we got a big company from @ammarzahid @RocketScience @pirates and @mqsdrana they followed our last tour and noticed how hard we got our a$$ kicked by nature and were ready to go nuts as well...

Initial plan was revised like a 100 times untill we all agreed up one final list of places to vist and people who would be joining.

The Kick A$$ plan was to commute on GT road in night (as usual) to avoid traffic Jams and boring roads and reach at-least Muree by morning.

As monsoon just exhausted all its clouds, so we were quite hope ful that we wont be water gunned by nature this time and we went lucky - REALLY LUCKY! even I would say nature was actually happy for us to be there it just made things happen for us where ever we went...

We had two service kits for 18' tyres for RPs and GS and luckily did not had any roaring CG to ruin the essence of natural beauty and silence of north, even though the new latest RP has a bit loud exhust then its old models but was bearable.

Again the basic essence of the whole bike tour plan was to enjoy sight seeing, dont laugh your head off by hearing that we first time visited nara/kaghan and neelum valley.

we all had average city bikes or I should say non touring bikes like Suzuki GS150, Ravi Piaggio, GD-110 and we were 7 riders all in all.

Our track :
    1 - On 12th Sept left from office little early assembled at Shahdarah and left Lahore for Islamabad.
    2 - On 13th Murree to Muzafarabad, Garhi Habib Ullah, Balakot (first rest night)
    3 - On 14th left for kewai visited shogran, Sari, Paya, Kaghan (Second rest night)
    4 - On 15th left Kaghan for naran, proceeded to batakundi, then JhalKad finally babusar (Damn hard riding one bike fainted *will tell you later* )
    5 - Decended back from Babusar stayed at batakundi and took rest night.
    6 - On 16th Decended to naran went to Jheel SaifUlMalook (saw horses on Horses ... GOD GRIEF!! )
    7 - Decended back to balakot, then Mansehra, finally to abotabad. (another bike *and biker* fainted )
    9 - Avoided Islamabad due to Dharnas used Rawalpindi Saddar to aproach GT road reached Lahore on 17th in the morning and went to sleep for whole day after 24 hour bike riding.

All in all we Jumped into Water streams, danced under the waterfalls, had flat Tyre, swimmed like trouts in Kunhar, got bruised, stucked in Mud in babusar BUT that was one hell of Insane enjoyment, became mud monkeys that area ahead of jhalkad is in insane shape and is there is no road just a long on going process of keeping the existing road in shape and the whole track is a mud pound ... have a look at pics what happened with bikes... but we laughed hard while doing the endure...
    Enjoy

@angel82 after Muddy Babusar Ride!
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479497

@dr.omair after Muddy bath to his GS150
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479498

@pirates after his first Long tour muddy adventure!
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479499

@mqsdrana's beautiful RP125 after he rap** her in Mud ....
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479503

@ammarzahid's brand new GS150 ... welll sort of brand new.. ah...
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479501

@vickytulla and his typhoon.. ah no typhoon but a mud monster
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479505

@rocket science with his GD .... the super GD110 after reaching babusar after atleast 3 hours of constant Mud torture.... Man I respect this little machine.
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479504

@and this is how we got clean ... DAMN that was so cold I still get shivers thinking of it...
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479500

@ammarzahid's morning selfies ... ALLLAH KHAIR thats why aliens dont come to us...
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479502
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Kewai to Shogran!

We are no professional Bikers, and we were not gone there to win a prize money or a Tamgha-e-Jurat *** we were there to enjoy super relaxing vacations ***

so we were in no mood to take bikes to siri Paya but Upto Shogran the track was fine but on inquiring we found out that we will not be able to find a jeep up there and if we do the rate ould be same and there is no secure parking untill you are in some hotel so the better idea was to park bikes in custody of the Jeep Union Guy who helped us rent a cheap Jeep to take us around Shogran Sri, Paya, makrwa Veiw point!!!

here our Jeep Ride!

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480720

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480721

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480724

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480723

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480722

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480725
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla @ammarzahid

Great reviews, nice to know all bikes did well! GD exactly did what it was expected to do...
    Even my new CG 125 starts loosing breath once it gets heated i.e. after 15~20kms in summers! For GD to maintain good power on inclined roads is a testimony to its well made engine

Im also impressed & happy ebt ur 200... what a great cost efficient cruiser bike u have got!
    U have got me dream about a similar set up in a GS150's frame! Mind sharing cost of that engine & the import process?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

where did I said its better then CG are you kidding me you need to learn english

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    @vickytulla so basically you gd is as powerfull as cg but when I shared my experience that I have seen a gd overtaking cg at high speed most of the member said its not possible cg will rip gd in to piece and you said you have seen gd struggling with rp cg is an other story

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got it for 25k and 10 spended on fitting it ... its avaialble of the shelf in markets no need to import these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Automotorsport_Lover View Post
    U have got me dream about a similar set up in a GS150's frame! Mind sharing cost of that engine & the import process?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    I got it for 25k and 10 spended on fitting it ... its avaialble of the shelf in markets no need to import these days.
    Damn cheap dude! Was it brand new or used? Make?

Waiting for more pics n rest of the story

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla @ammarzahid

Great reviews, nice to know all bikes did well! GD exactly did what it was expected to do...
    Even my new CG 125 starts loosing breath once it gets heated i.e. after 15~20kms in summers! For GD to maintain good power on inclined roads is a testimony to its well made engine

Im also impressed & happy ebt ur 200... what a great cost efficient cruiser bike u have got!
    You cannot fit this engine in a GS frame without serious mods. The mounts are completely different. RP frame uses the same mounts so its bolt on bolt fitting. Discussed this with @vickytulla plus you'll need disc brake which will be an additional cost on the GS. Better get an RP if you are serious about it

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    You cannot fit this engine in a GS frame without serious mods. The mounts are completely different. RP frame uses the same mounts so its bolt on bolt fitting. Discussed this with @vickytulla plus you'll need disc brake which will be an additional cost on the GS. Better get an RP if you are serious about it

But RPs are comparatively newer bikes means no chance of finding a frame only... u need to buy the complete bike n dump the original engine! Hmmm...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    where did I said its better then CG are you kidding me you need to learn english
    what I am saying is that gd has much heavier body around 116kg and a smaller displacement even after that it have nearly the same top speed as cg 100km/h while cg does 105km/h and when cg get hot it losses performance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla @ammarzahid

Man the best thing about this engine is the ovet all cost. Its basically a CG200, with water cooling(am i right @vickytulla?). Its the same engine being used in the new rakshaws so spares are very affordable and widely available. To give you an example vicky bhai got a rectifier for his bike in just 700, whereas a GS's rectifier costs 2600. So not only powerful but its cheap to maintain as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Damn cheap dude! Was it brand new or used? Make?

Waiting for more pics n rest of the story
    sorry to ruined your dream but the engine is 25k without taxes @vickytulla git it cheap becoz of @angle82 sources and importing a engine with taxes is hell expensive 5 doller per cc plus engine cost

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    sorry to ruined your dream but the engine is 25k without taxes @vickytulla git it cheap becoz of @angle82 sources and importing a engine with taxes is hell expensive 5 doller per cc plus engine cost
    Read vicky's post.

Lets return to the original topic, without poster's consent I dont want to drag this other discussion

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Back to the topic, we left our bikes in kewai, and took a jeep for shugran-sari-paya. We first stopped at shugran. The view of the meadows was awesome
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The place was all deserted. No tourists at all. We had the entire place to ourselves

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I tried to bring my face into the beautiful panorama. People call it a selfie these days

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another attempt, with others relaxing in the background

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dr.omair View Post
    I tried to bring my face into the beautiful panorama. People call it a selfie these days
    Lol ok baba g

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    224 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by angel82 View Post
    Lol ok baba g
    Ye baba ji wala joke me ne apko jeep me lagaya tha. Yaad he,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

[QUOTE=vickytulla;4538977]
    GD110 - The small Evil machine with US:

Man I respect this machine, though it was in a professionals hands @RocketScience was dragging it to its limits but that little vixen did not even snort a single time...

That Damn soft Sofa seat was a reason to envy by all team members...

It can cruise for hours at speed of 80KMH and can be abused off-road for hours and still stays on tail of 125s/200s it sure was an underdog in terms of speed and acceleration but If you think of losing it from your tail while on 125 then my friend you will be surprised one day..

It has all the features packed into small machine the only thing it do not have is a self starter but that is compensated by a an compression kick which is more soft then changing a gear...

It had the best fuel average and saved a lot of riders money but still had enough power to tail gate us in whole tour many times @RocketScience was ahead of us due to its nice maneuverability in mountains..

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    GD: evolution of the sprinter so of course, it was amazing for its size. in fact @RocketScience rode it quite fast in muzaffarabad and i found it hard to keep up with it (riding skills). so small, maneuverable but with a torquey and reliable engine. and the lack of sound coming out of the muffler used to make me laugh because honestly it sounds like an electric bike (less sound than a 70cc).
    very well defined by @vickytulla and @ammarzahid

Before going on tour I was much worried about my bike because other bikes are higher in cc's and have good reputation. Because

1- @vickytull will be on his 200cc
    2- @angel82 will be on his cruiser 250cc (but unfortunately its still in process of completion)
    3- @mqsdrana will be on his new RP125

And was also thinking that due to my bike our whole gang will cruise on low speed but surprisingly GD performs very well.
    I am not saying that it was ahead of all bikes on tour but it was side by side with all of them.

After one year use, I am quite happy with its performance and its never let me down in any case (specially during steep height and off road track to Babusar Top)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dr.omair View Post
    Ye baba ji wala joke me ne apko jeep me lagaya tha. Yaad he,
    haha yes woh epic tha mujhe jawab he nai aya uska koi

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RocketScience View Post
    After one year use, I am quite happy with its performance and its never let me down in any case (specially during steep height and off road track to Babusar Top)
    Rocket in your Pocket

Closed Thread
Page 12 of 37 FirstFirst ... 2101112131422 ... LastLast

User Tag List