876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN*

Hi there fellas its we again the 9 to 5 office workers with fat tummy, high uric acid and high cholesterol..... it was almost six months when we hit the road in spring with @dr.omair and @angel82

but this time we got a big company from @ammarzahid @RocketScience @pirates and @mqsdrana they followed our last tour and noticed how hard we got our a$$ kicked by nature and were ready to go nuts as well...

Initial plan was revised like a 100 times untill we all agreed up one final list of places to vist and people who would be joining.

The Kick A$$ plan was to commute on GT road in night (as usual) to avoid traffic Jams and boring roads and reach at-least Muree by morning.

As monsoon just exhausted all its clouds, so we were quite hope ful that we wont be water gunned by nature this time and we went lucky - REALLY LUCKY! even I would say nature was actually happy for us to be there it just made things happen for us where ever we went...

We had two service kits for 18' tyres for RPs and GS and luckily did not had any roaring CG to ruin the essence of natural beauty and silence of north, even though the new latest RP has a bit loud exhust then its old models but was bearable.

Again the basic essence of the whole bike tour plan was to enjoy sight seeing, dont laugh your head off by hearing that we first time visited nara/kaghan and neelum valley.

we all had average city bikes or I should say non touring bikes like Suzuki GS150, Ravi Piaggio, GD-110 and we were 7 riders all in all.

Our track :
    1 - On 12th Sept left from office little early assembled at Shahdarah and left Lahore for Islamabad.
    2 - On 13th Murree to Muzafarabad, Garhi Habib Ullah, Balakot (first rest night)
    3 - On 14th left for kewai visited shogran, Sari, Paya, Kaghan (Second rest night)
    4 - On 15th left Kaghan for naran, proceeded to batakundi, then JhalKad finally babusar (Damn hard riding one bike fainted *will tell you later* )
    5 - Decended back from Babusar stayed at batakundi and took rest night.
    6 - On 16th Decended to naran went to Jheel SaifUlMalook (saw horses on Horses ... GOD GRIEF!! )
    7 - Decended back to balakot, then Mansehra, finally to abotabad. (another bike *and biker* fainted )
    9 - Avoided Islamabad due to Dharnas used Rawalpindi Saddar to aproach GT road reached Lahore on 17th in the morning and went to sleep for whole day after 24 hour bike riding.

All in all we Jumped into Water streams, danced under the waterfalls, had flat Tyre, swimmed like trouts in Kunhar, got bruised, stucked in Mud in babusar BUT that was one hell of Insane enjoyment, became mud monkeys that area ahead of jhalkad is in insane shape and is there is no road just a long on going process of keeping the existing road in shape and the whole track is a mud pound ... have a look at pics what happened with bikes... but we laughed hard while doing the endure...
    Enjoy

@angel82 after Muddy Babusar Ride!
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479497

@dr.omair after Muddy bath to his GS150
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479498

@pirates after his first Long tour muddy adventure!
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479499

@mqsdrana's beautiful RP125 after he rap** her in Mud ....
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479503

@ammarzahid's brand new GS150 ... welll sort of brand new.. ah...
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479501

@vickytulla and his typhoon.. ah no typhoon but a mud monster
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479505

@rocket science with his GD .... the super GD110 after reaching babusar after atleast 3 hours of constant Mud torture.... Man I respect this little machine.
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479504

@and this is how we got clean ... DAMN that was so cold I still get shivers thinking of it...
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479500

@ammarzahid's morning selfies ... ALLLAH KHAIR thats why aliens dont come to us...
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1479502
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well done guys. you done hard job.
    alkandar

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* - 1484008d1412070506 insanity hits sober riders again img 0791 copy

Owsome concept !! Hats off to however captured this one !! One of the best clicks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* - 1484008d1412070506 insanity hits sober riders again img 0791 copy

Owsome concept !! Hats off to however captured this one !! One of the best clicks
    Khurram bhai did. Abhi to portrait lens men nai khenchi unhon ny

Sent from my LG-F160K using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Also for Milkyway we needed a Wide angle lens to capture it whole instead of only capturing a patch of it...
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Also for Milkyway we needed a Wide angle lens to capture it whole instead of only capturing a patch of it...
    18mm is already quite wide vicky bhai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

or bhi bara chahye... one with a Big fat A$$ ..

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    18mm is already quite wide vicky bhai

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After this Selfie I had a noisy argument with two drunked Baste*ds there who were drinking alcohol there .. @ngel82 and I suppose @pirates charged in and I sensed a fight .. so I backed them off so we can ignore themm... on back to the base we reported the drunked people also told other travellers who were going on that side..

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1480842

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We decended back from babusar to reach bata kundi hotel and 3 events worth sharing happened with int that which i will share in next post... but in any case we woke up early in the morning @dr.omair was running out of time and had to reach lahore ASAP .. also @ammarzahid too..

Both of them were namalom afraad of our Gang as they both did not told in home about there where abouts.. so they left early while we refershed and stopped at multiple places in abshars and enjoyed fresh Naran Valley morning!

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1484615

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1484616

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1484619

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1484622

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1484624

Insanity hits the sober riders *AGAIN* -1484627
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Awesome guys
    4 wheels move the body 2 wheels move the soul

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2nd Bike lost its Chain

Now this time it was me .... The Chain Killer...

Though I was using a very high qaulity chain in my sprocket set I started here noise from it as we decended back... It was noise of Dry running chain...

Being Tired I ingored it totally and thought to Lubricate it in hotel next morning... while we were 30 minutes away from Batakundi.. KHARRRRRRR.... klHARAK ... BRUM... and My bike was free like Nautral ..and I knew Chain is gone...

I Cursed my self for not lubricating it even I had time when we were chilling on the top...

So I stopped, @angel82 and @RocketScience pulled over as well.. where as @mqsdrana, @pirates @ammarzahid pack which was lead by @dr.omair was ahead of us did not notice us stoppping...

The darkness started to fall very rapidly, I checked and found out that chain has went so dry with the MUDDY bath tht it was not even moving and was hard liek a stick and very very hot... I lubricated it and added it back to sprocket luckliy it did not snapped or it would have taken tough time to add a chain lock at that spooky place becuase it was becoming pitch black with every passing minute and I was under the head lights of two bikes..

any ways I got it working... but I did noticed another very bad thing happening in the wheel.... the rear disc brake pads had stones stucked small ones inside it whcih were grinding against the Disc.... so I planned not to use rear brake untill I service it in hotell...

Allah Allah ker k we reached hotel parked the bikes.. nagged head with Hotel managment for getting geaser running becuase it was to Cold and we all needed bath due to muddy rides specially our Test Rider (Super Na maloom Fard) @dr.omair as his bike took most of the first attempts...

finally we were in blankets ...

but raat yaha he khatam nahi hui ....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ammarzahid and me were totally ready to take snap of galaxy ... we took @rocketsciece out in the dark... the magical milkyway was on our heads ... we saw shooting star as well... and waited for lights to go off... as that hotel used its own turbine on the water stream beside them... so we asked them to sswitch off lights at least on our side of rooms and started to take galaxy pictures...

but guess what... we TANKED BADLY ... it was @RocketScience first experience with a DSLR and we were totally nobs in use of cameras... lol

so with sad faces we went to bed ...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now this time it was me .... The Chain Killer...

Though I was using a very high qaulity chain in my sprocket set I started here noise from it as we decended back... It was noise of Dry running chain...

Being Tired I ingored it totally and thought to Lubricate it in hotel next morning... while we were 30 minutes away from Batakundi.. KHARRRRRRR.... klHARAK ... BRUM... and My bike was free like Nautral ..and I knew Chain is gone...

I Cursed my self for not lubricating it even I had time when we were chilling on the top...

So I stopped, @angel82 and @RocketScience pulled over as well.. where as @mqsdrana, @pirates @ammarzahid pack which was lead by @dr.omair was ahead of us did not notice us stoppping...

The darkness started to fall very rapidly, I checked and found out that chain has went so dry with the MUDDY bath tht it was not even moving and was hard liek a stick and very very hot... I lubricated it and added it back to sprocket luckliy it did not snapped or it would have taken tough time to add a chain lock at that spooky place becuase it was becoming pitch black with every passing minute and I was under the head lights of two bikes..

any ways I got it working... but I did noticed another very bad thing happening in the wheel.... the rear disc brake pads had stones stucked small ones inside it whcih were grinding against the Disc.... so I planned not to use rear brake untill I service it in hotell...

Allah Allah ker k we reached hotel parked the bikes.. nagged head with Hotel managment for getting geaser running becuase it was to Cold and we all needed bath due to muddy rides specially our Test Rider (Super Na maloom Fard) @dr.omair as his bike took most of the first attempts...

finally we were in blankets ...

but raat yaha he khatam nahi hui ....
    Do you carry spare masterlinks for chain repair on a trip like this? A tow rope can be a good thing to carry too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

second interesting event which happened was that the Guy who checked us out from hotel maamngment was the cook of that hotel and as we left the hotel he started to scream that the bikers ran away ... and did not paid the rent..

we being unaware of the situation reached naran and stopped at multiple places... but @mqsdrana reached early as he was way to hungary for breakfast...

when we reached naran he told us that he met @Sulaiman75 and his cousin they are on bike tour as well... we missed meeting him it would have been a pleasure to meet him...

any ways we had a fine nashta from same hotel which we had while going up... got a jeep and went to Saiful malook... had a heck of enjoyment at saiful malook (Pics in next post) and came back... on comming back we say paramount Adventure Club office and went in for details..

While we were talking we saw few people from same batakundi hotel charging in with not so happy faces in the office and started to argue with us that we left un paid...

even worse that we did not had any proof/check out reciept or any thing like that to show them to those people... one of the guy told that he is the owner and he was the one who took CNIC from us and checked us in then why we paid to some one else...
    @angel82 said there were around 4~5 people in you reception how in the world I would know who is responsble for what duties .. we told that we would leave early so we left... and the guy we found in reception we expected to be the one responsbale to take the money ...

he said to tell us how that guy looked like.. now the problem was all guys looked the same there... but we said remember that guy from ur reception who was taking interest in our bikes and asking about suzuki spare parts he instantly said yes yes .. that aS* Ho*e is our cook..

we said he checked us out in morning and gave us tea... he said I will nail that baste*d he was the one yelling high that bikers ran away ...

he Apologized from us and left... phew...

so I recomend any one who go there check out with a reciept always...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yep had few in spare also had a rope... but the main thing which we were short of was "HIMMAT" as we were dead tired ... so as soon as chain got up I rolled it nice and slow towards the hotel.. chain did slpurred and buzzed on the way but I kep on moving with thinking optimistically!

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    Do you carry spare masterlinks for chain repair on a trip like this? A tow rope can be a good thing to carry too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

In the morning!

I also noticed that my rear brake pads were completely eaten by mud and stones which were stucked in it ... I serviced the rear caliper .. but now I was roughly 700kms away from home with only front brake working...

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Jalao Mat Zalmo !! @ManMachineAdventure yaar kia ye khula tazad ni? Agar is se kam enjoyment hui to me ne kashmir ke baad gilgit nikal jana hai akele he

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

he said to tell us how that guy looked like.. now the problem was all guys looked the same there... but we said remember that guy from ur reception who was taking interest in our bikes and asking about suzuki spare parts he instantly said yes yes .. that aS* Ho*e is our cook..
    Funny thing is.... is dafa bhi bike ne he humain bachaya haha... na bike discussion start hoti na he woh banda pehchana jata D:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, this trip is under your supervision and guidance and planning and ----- and ----- and ----, so this threatening should be by us

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Jalao Mat Zalmo !! @ManMachineAdventure yaar kia ye khula tazad ni? Agar is se kam enjoyment hui to me ne kashmir ke baad gilgit nikal jana hai akele he
    Do it before you die.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ManMachineAdventure View Post
    Bro, this trip is under your supervision and guidance and planning and ----- and ----- and ----, so this threatening should be by us
    Sir Jamhooriyat hai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers