0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Islamabad to India

Hi, we are to friends from EU how want to make road trip from Islamabad to Mumbai in India with motorbikes. Can somebody help us out with bike buying in Islamabad and papers for it to cross border with India? We are looking forward for Honda CD 70 our similar simple bike (used and cheap of course). Also recomendations on route would be great! We are planning to arrive in Islamabad at begining of February `15
    Our somebody can suggest tour agency which can help out?
    Thanks!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

regretfully a non-resident foreigner or a tourist can not purchase a motorised vehicle in Pakistan, Bi-cycle is exempted however you can take BUS between Lahore & New Delhi if you obtain visa for both countries from your starting point. and travel across India in tour buses, India is largest tourist destination in the region.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by capsat View Post
    regretfully a non-resident foreigner or a tourist can not purchase a motorised vehicle in Pakistan, Bi-cycle is exempted however you can take BUS between Lahore & New Delhi if you obtain visa for both countries from your starting point. and travel across India in tour buses, India is largest tourist destination in the region.
    LOL @ Bi-cycle

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ______

Of course, nothing beats road travel, but I suggest you arrive by air, at Bombay Airport's terminal 2 - that way, you'd also be able to check out the world's largest museum/art gallery.
    Keep it simple.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

he can buy a used one, although I wont recommend cd-70.
    The men are back. @TGT.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think Pakistanis are not allowed to take personal vehicle to India, only buses are allowed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by andris.cuda View Post
    Hi, we are to friends from EU how want to make road trip from Islamabad to Mumbai in India with motorbikes. Can somebody help us out with bike buying in Islamabad and papers for it to cross border with India? We are looking forward for Honda CD 70 our similar simple bike (used and cheap of course). Also recomendations on route would be great! We are planning to arrive in Islamabad at begining of February `15
    Our somebody can suggest tour agency which can help out?
    Thanks!
    Dear Andris...
    From Islamabad to Pak-India Border (Wagah) is only 5-6 hours drive....And buying a bike from pakistan and taking it to India is not a good idea at all.. ( I think its not even allowed to take a Bike with Pakistani Registration plates into India )...I advise you to use public or private transport from Islamabad till wagah border ...and buy the bikes from Amritser...Make sure you have a valid international driving license...and you can sell the bikes easily before leaving India..which is not the case if you will have Pakistani bikes...you can't sell them in India...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you want only open air experience than sit on top of a vegetable transport truck travelling from Lahore to India, but make sure on priority basis that you have all the required documents i.e visa and passport with you, also make sure that you don't need any special permission for that.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 2468 View Post
    If you want only open air experience than sit on top of a vegetable transport truck travelling from Lahore to India, but make sure on priority basis that you have all the required documents i.e visa and passport with you, also make sure that you don't need any special permission for that.
    seams I will have great time in your country as with sens of humour everything is ok! I got your local travel agency offer for 1000$ to get till border in 4 days and also see Salt mines with accomondation. Sounds VERY high end vacations at your side...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Tagged
    42 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by andris.cuda View Post
    seams I will have great time in your country as with sens of humour everything is ok! I got your local travel agency offer for 1000$ to get till border in 4 days and also see Salt mines with accomondation. Sounds VERY high end vacations at your side...
    Do you mean to say that you will be transferred from Islamabad to Wagah Border in FOUR days ?????
    What are the services he's offering you in four days...How many days you'll be staying in Islamabad..What kind of accommodation he's offering...Please Share in details...So we can guide you in a better way...
    And I hope, you will get some serious replies now

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List