Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Like Tree131Likes

Thread: 40 days, 7000+ kms - extreme hiking. Camping, biking & soul refreshing sightseeing

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Completed 45 days, 7000+ kms - Camping, Biking & Soul Refreshing Sightseeing

Assalam-o-Alikum to this exceptional community of riders here on Pakwheels.com

BARE WITH ME THROUGH THE FOLLOWING PARAGRAPHS as I'm quite bad at writing and narration. Though I have formatted the whole post in apparent headings, so that everyone can jump to their part of interest directly. But, I humbly request GURUs atleast, to go through whole stuff as I being un-experienced and rookie in the field, do need their guidance.

PROLOGUE
    A little introduction of myself would be helpful for me and the PW community (which i'm sure is going to guide me in light of their experiences throughout this soul refreshing trip, from planning upto execution and in-transit phases).

Natively from Muzaffarabad, Azad Kashmir. School life spent in Islamabad upto Matric. Collage life spent in Lahore. Then moved to Karachi in 2001 after joining Pakistan Navy (Aviation) and living here ever since, though I do visit Islamabad, Muzaffarabad and Lahore atleast once a year, but its just a routine exercise which hardly contain any adventures.

Exploration is something in my blood, which got buried deep down while living a typical military, tech savvy & married family life, bla bla bla, (hopefully UPTILL NOW) and biking is my passion since teenage. Whenever I got a chance to combine these two passions i.e exploration and biking I did so in form of short trips, sometimes with family and occasionally alone. (although nothing as compared to what the PROs of this community have accomplished so far).

STORY BEHIND THE IDEA

Last week somehow my passion resurrected from ashes as a result of a little conversation with my wife, "Honey (that's my nickname) AMMI (my mother) ki tabiyat ub kaafi behtr ha, kuch plan karain kahin ghoomnay phirnay ka". (My Mother, yet recovering from serious illness, the illness that pushed our whole family to saturation limits during last 02 years). I thought, "Yes, our body, minds and souls need a major overhaul and we should do something to accomplish this, so as to prepare ourselves for the forthcoming adversities. As soon as I felt the heat from ember, I decided to fuel rather than smother it. Therefore, started to explore the web, Google Maps + Earth and Panoramio etc. Subsequently, the ember grew to a blaze, and I STARRED all the POIs on google map, for the yet pretty vague expedition i was thinking about (Believe me it's quite difficult to escape from routine family & married life's thousands of "IF & THENS", Our major concern yet is how to cater for in between RAMAZAN month) and shared my insensible plan with my wife. It was quite shocking for me when she frowned for a second in bafflement and said, "Let's do it by God, Lets get mad".

MISUNDERSTANDING

Well, when I first thought of the trip (plz be patient, I will elaborate it in ensuing paragraphs), it was my misunderstanding that I am planning to do something like freakingly crazy (whatsoever) of my life, so I shared my thoughts regarding the tour with my Brother in Law [/B] @abdulkarim[/B] (one of my best friends) who is kinda adventurer himself, (contrary to my expectation) he encouraged me, even agreed to try to join me and suggested to visit the Pakwheels forums for guidelines.

PAKWHEELs Here I am with my Jaws-Dropped, Eyes Popped

I instantly jumped to the forums (30 April 2015 at about 9pm) and viola.....since the moment I have gone thru about 30 or so threads in biking section from very first post to last (nonstop with hardly 4 hour sleep in two days straight). As much as I am reading, and seeing pictorial experiences shared by PW adventurers, the stronger is my enthusiasm getting. By now the blaze has out-grown to HELL FIRE, means we are going to pull it off like "Now or Never", by any means and at any cost.

THE EXPEDITION PLAN - 40+ DAYS, 7000+ KMS - EXTREME HIKING. CAMPING, BIKING & SOUL REFRESHING SIGHTSEEING

THE EXPEDITION THAT's GOING TO PUSH OUR PHYSICAL AND MENTAL STRENGTH, OUR WILL POWERS OUR CONSISTENCY & DETERMINATION TO ACUTE LIMITS.

"An Adventure does not justify the definition of Adventure, until it shoves you beyond your limits" - Hammad Mustafa :-D (just came into my mind while convincing a cousin to join me for this trip, as he was bringing up thousands of "IF and Buts")

Enough of boredom for u guys. It's time to share my tour plan with a request for all the guidance, suggestions, corrections, criticism, appreciation, buck ups and advices, from gurus of adventures and exploration here at PWs, which is the major reason to write everything in such pain-staking details:

Participants (so far)

a.Myself - Age 31 years (Smoking since last 15 years has badly affected my fitness, so consider me 50 years old.....lolllz)
    Starting point of tour : Karachi on GS150
    Biking Experience:
    oKalaam Festival 2012 from Islamabad to Kalaam on Yamaha Vmax 1200 with my Brother in Law and CarCraft members from Islamabad, (me, my Brother in Law and couple of other guys, couldn't make it upto Kalaam and returned from Bahrain - quite long story, will tell u guys any other time).
    oRawalpindi to Muzzaffarabad via Muree road & Motorway, Bhurban & Aliot both sides, plenty of time on CD70, GS150, CG125, China made 70s.
    oMuzzafarabad to Neelum Valley upto Lawat and back in one day round trip on CG125
    oMuzzafarabad to Thandiani (Via Raara, Pattan Kalan) to Abbotabad to Mansehra to Muzzafarabad round trip in one day on CG125.
    oPlenty of biking to surrounding villages of Muzaffarabad District, which include some 4x4 only tracks.

b.Shoaib Sadiq - Age 25 years (First Cousin)
    Starting point : Karachi or Islamabad on GS150 or CG100 respectively.
    Biking Experience:
    oA few short biking trips to surrounding villages of Muzaffarabad District, which include some 4x4 only tracks and ZalZal lake in Chakar on CG125.
    oAlready visited the Naran Valley and most of Kashmir except (Neelum Valley) in quite detail, though not on Bike.

c.Aamir Lodhi - 29 years (Friend)
    Starting point: Karachi or Rawalpindi on GS150 or CG100
    Biking Experience:
    oKarachi to Lahore trip on CD70
    oNo mountain terrain biking experience at all.

d. @abdulkarim - 32 years (Friend & Bro in Law)
    Starting point : Islamabad, GS150
    oKalaam festival tour 2012 on Kawasaki Z10R.
    oPlenty of tours to Muree, Kallar Kahar, Jehlum, Bahawalpur, Faisalabad on GXR1000 and Z10R ( there must be a lot more, but these are the few ones I know about).

And at last, with extremely high spirits, courage and practical support by being desperate to ride throughout with me, to make this trip, the lifetime memorable event, not only for me but for our coming generations too.
    e.My Wife - Age 29 years (Mother of our two heavenly kids).

Starting point: Karachi or Lahore
    Bike Riding Experience:
    oShe rode with me to certain villages of Muzzafarabad District plenty of times, which include some rough mountain terrains and to Muree surrounding areas.

ITINERARY

First Leg / Tentatively starting from 1st June 15.
    Karachi to Sukkhar (666 Kms) Via
    Haleji Lake to
    Keenjhar Lake to
    Manchar Lake to
    Talti Lake to
    Sehwan Shrif to
    Dadu to Moenjodaro to Sukkhar(Night stay here).

2nd Leg / 2nd - 3rd June 15
    Sukkhar to Lahore (780 kms)

Night stay somewhere in between or 02 Nights at Lahore (if we could make it to Lahore from Sukkhar in one long-hauled ride).

From Lahore an old friend TAYYAB BASHIR is joining us (on his Vitz) with Family for our 3rd and 4th Legs only. My kids would also be with me from here onwards.

3rd Leg / 04 or 05 June 15.

Lahore to Muzzaffarabad (410 Kms) Via
    GT Road to
    Muree Motorway to
    Bhurban to Muzaffarabad.

with 6hrs or night stay at Rawalpindi.
    (From here @abdulkarim will join us on his GS150).

4th Leg - Muzaffarabad - Taobat - Muzaffarabad (07 June to 12 June). (410 Kms)

07 June - Muzaffarabad - Jagarn Resorts - Kutton Resorts (82.5 Kms) (Night stay here).
    08 June - Kutton to Kel - Arrang Kel - (80.4 Km) (Night stay here).
    09 June - Kel to Taobat - (Noon) (41.2 Kms) (02 Nights stay here).
    11 June - Taobat to Muzaffarabad - (205 Kms) (Night stay here).

After 4th Leg one night rest at Muzaffarabad. Will be Saying goodbye to Lahori Jigrot Tayyab Bashir for his journey back to Lahore. I can't insist him to go on further Legs with me as he don't drive Bikes and from Naran onwards his full family loaded automatic vitz cannot keep up with the tough terrain. Moreover, he has already visited Naran couple of times with his friends.

5th Leg - From 13 June (137Km) (3 to 5 days at Naraan-Kaghan Valley depending upon how soon we cover all the lakes)

This leg is going to be the toughest one as we have to hike for almost every lake visit, so will try our best to clear from Naran prior to starting of RAMAZAN. Please Guide me with such perfect plan so that i may complete this leg and visit all the lakes in shortest possible time.

Muzaffarabad to Naran to Jalkhad (197 Kms) Via
    Garhi Habibullah to
    Balakot to
    Payee Lake to
    Shogran to
    Kaghan to
    Naran to
    Saif ul Malook to
    Jalkhad to
    Lalusar Lake
    13 or 14 June - Saiful Malook and Ansoo Lakes.
    14-15 or 15-16 June - Dudipatsar Lake, Sat Siri Mala Lakes, Yasmin Lake, Lalazar Lake.
    16 or 17 June - Nooritop Lake, Lalusar lake (and leave for Gilgit - Baltistan the same day - if possible)

6th Leg - Lalusar Lake to Gilgit via Deosai, Skardu & Gilgit - (601 Kms approx) (16-22 June 15)

I am dividing this leg in small sections, each separated with night stays and with minimum distance travels per day i.e at much slower rate so that we don't get fatigued in an effort to be able to "Fast" while travelling, when Ramazan starts. (This is going to be a true challenge that we travel and fast simultaneously. It cannot be ruled out that we might have to skip certain 'Rozay' (May Allah forgive us, though we will exercise Qaza Rozay for skipped ones after Eid, Insha'Allah")

Section - 1(178 Kms) Lalusar Lake to Raikot - (on 16 or 17 June) -
    (Night stay here).
    Section - 2(Fairy Meadows to Raikot to Rama Lake).
    (Night stay here).
    Section - 3(82 Kms) Rama Lake to Sehosar Lake and Deosai Planes - (on 17 or 18 June)
    01 Nights stay here.
    Section - 4(67.4 Km) Deosai Planes to Satpara Lake to Skardu. (on 19 or 20 June)
    (Night Stay Skardu)
    Section - 5(87 kms) Skardu to Shigar Fort to Shangrilla Resorts. on (20 or 21 June)
    (Night stay here)
    Section - 6(186 Kms) Shangrilla to Gilgit, on (21 or 22 June) - (Night stay here)

7th Leg - Gilgit to Kunjraab Pass to Gilgit - (22 or 23 June to 27 or 28 June)

Now this is the leg for which i need real guidance from PakWheelers, as this route contains about 20 or so places to visit. I want to cover each and every place in 4-6 days. Please provide me with detailed itinerary i.e where to visit and when, date wise (with suggestions for night stays, preferably camping).

8th Leg - Gilgit to Shandur via Phundar Lake (203 Kms) / 28 or 29 June (Night Stay at Shandur)

9th Leg - Shandur to Kalaash Valley (197 Kms) / 29 or 30 June (Night Stay at Kalaash)

10th Leg - Kalaash to Kalaam - Mahodand Lake (274 Kms) - 30 June or 1st July DEDICATED TO @Spasha sir.

Well for this leg we might skip ROZA. coz its going to be the toughest one as explained by @Spasha sir.[/I]. We will try to reach Mahodand Lake straight and night stay there, if couldn't, will stay for night at on the way rest house or Kalaam.

11th Leg - Mahodand Lake to Muzaffarabad via Khawarzkhela - Besham City - Mansehra (357 Kms) 1st or 2nd July

AAAAAAAHHHHHHHHhhhhh..........Finally I'm gonna see my Kids after 20 or so days and stretch my legs for 02 days, While our Bikes will be going through a major servicing and tuning procedure.

A short trip to ZALZAL LAKE before leaving on Back to Karachi journey.

Return Journey to Karachi

12th Leg - Muzzafarabad to Rawalpindi - (253 Kms) 5th or 6th July Via

Muzaffarabad to Thandiani
    Thandiani to Abbotabad
    Abbotabad to Terbela dam
    Terbela dam to Khanpur Dam
    Khanpur Dam to Rawalpindi (via Margala Hills Road, Sadhu ka Bagh) - Night stay at Rawalpindi

13th Leg - Rawalpindi to Banjosa Lake to Toli Pir (Rawalakot) to Mangla Dam (Mirpur) - (297 Kms) - 6th or 7th July
    (Night stay at Mirpur)

14th Leg - Mirpur to Kallar Kahar Lake to Khabikki Lake to Uchli Lake to Namal Lake to Chashma - (357 Kms) - 7th or 8th July
    (Night Stay at Chashma)

15th Leg - Chashma to Karachi (1167Kms) 8th or 9th July (with stopovers in between as and when required)

I have to reach Karachi on 10th July by all means as i have to Join my duty on 11th July.

I am enlisting the Change Log for the plan in post #16, in light of the inputs from the PW community and my ongoing further research for the tour.
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    "An Adventure does not justify the definition of Adventure, until it shoves you beyond your limits"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wish you all the best. Subscribed.........
    alkandar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alkandar View Post
    Wish you all the best. Subscribed.........
    Thanx, post is yet not complete.....adding details of further Legs

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Going to add rest of the legs maps tonight InshaAllah
    "An Adventure does not justify the definition of Adventure, until it shoves you beyond your limits"

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best of Luck, Subscribed
    - iMaGiNaRS -

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    232 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Best of luck mujhy to read ker k he chakkar a gae
    He Who Is Not Courageous Enough To Take Risks Will Accomplish Nothing In Life....!
    Muhammad Ali

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    412 Post(s)
    Tagged
    67 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well it seems u have seen whole pakistan in one trip..... great effort..........
    LEGENDS OF THE NORTH

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asifcae View Post
    well it seems u have seen whole pakistan in one trip..... great effort..........
    @asifcae, bhai abhi tu just plan bnaya ha. immensely need input and guidance from gurus like u to materialize it. (sir may be i m trying to be a jerk (pardon me if so), but i got a feeling (again i might wrong in feeling so) from your comment that my plan is somewhat impractical in your consideration. Believe me i dont mind it at all, for that i m quite open to suggestions and correction for loop-holes in the same.

Looking forward for your detailed input please.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Hammad Mustafa,

I appreciate yours and your wife’s spirit to explore our beautiful country. It is very important to balance our busy life by visiting pure nature and the way of exploring is up to us. Some choose 4 wheels, some choose 2 wheels, some choose 2 wheels without engine and some choose legs to reach to their destinations. At the end everyone is indulging themselves into nature to refresh their souls and capture life time moments.

First of all, do not try to achieve more miles at least in the beginning. Believe me if you tired in the beginning, you would not enjoy your tour at all.

Below are my suggestions according to my experience in all aspects.

ITINERARY

(Since it will be first day, energy level is high and you have a good speed bike. you can achieve this target. but if you have plan to stay some time on the places like lakes then i would suggest you to divide it into 2 days)

(i would suggest you to divide this into two days and stay one night somewhere near Multan or after 400 or 500 kilometers. and 2nd night in Lahore.)

Lahore to Muzzaffarabad (410 Kms)
    (Very enjoyable road till Muzaffarabad after Islamabad. you should save your time from Lahore to Islamabad ride by speeding up so you could stop and enjoy some of the scenic parts of remaining road.)

(It is better to stay night in Rawalpindi and enjoy next ride till Muzaffarabad having plenty of time.)

4th Leg - 05 or 06 June 15 to 11 or 12 June. (4 to 6 days)
    Muzaffarabad to Neelum valley upto Taobat, including Jagran Resorts, Chitta Kattha Lake, Ratti Gali Lake, Shounter Lake and back to Muzaffarabad.
    (I have not experienced Neelam valley so can’t suggest anything. But I think Shounter lake is accessible on bike.)

5th Leg - From 12 or 13 June (137Km) (3 to 5 days at Naraan-Kaghan Valley depending upon how soon we cover all the lakes)
    Garhi Habibullah to
    Balakot to
    Payee Lake to
    Shogran to
    Kaghan to
    Naran to
    Saif ul Malook to
    Jalkhad to
    Lalusar Lake
    14-15 or 15-16 June - Dudipatsar Lake, Sat Siri Mala Lakes, Yasmin Lake, Lalazar Lake.
    16 or 17 June - Nooritop Lake, Lalusar lake (and leave for Gilgit - Baltistan the same day - if possible)
    (Reaching to the lakes is not like just click and lake is in front of your eyes. Some lakes are on the main roads like Lulusar and Pyala lake at Jalkhad but most of the lakes are far away from the road and have tough riding to reach there like Payee lake, Saif ul Malook lake & Lalazar Lake. And some lakes are not accessible through road or track like Dudipatsar lake, Sat Siri Mala lake, Yasmin Lake, Anso Lake. Even I think you can’t reach on bike with 2 up till Payee lake because track is very steep and rough with full of mud. You can save time if you hire a Jeep.)

6th Leg - Lalusar Lake to Gilgit via Deosai, Skardu & Gilgit - (601 Kms approx) (16-22 June 15)
    Section – 1 (178 Kms) Lalusar Lake to Rama Lake - (on 16 or 17 June) - (Night stay here).
    Section – 2 (82 Kms) Rama Lake to Sehosar Lake and Deosai Planes - (on 17 or 18 June)
    02 Nights stay here.
    Section – 3 (67.4 Km) Deosai Planes to Satpara Lake to Skardu. (on 19 or 20 June)
    (Night Stay Skardu)
    Section – 4 (87 kms) Skardu to Shigar Fort to Shangrilla Resorts. on (20 or 21 June)
    (Night stay here)
    Section – 5 (186 Kms) Shangrilla to Gilgit, on (21 or 22 June) - (Night stay here)
    (Your sections are good and achievable but the main thing is Ramazan. Traveling makes us more hungry than usual so having Roza during riding can be hard for you guys. I have shared the numbers and names of the persons in my travel thread where you commented. They rent tents at Sheosar lakes but I have no idea whether they operate tents in Ramazan or not. You can check with them for more confirmation.)

(I have not been to surroundings of KKH but this is confirmed that whichever valley you turn from KKH is rough track. And its recommended to spend a day and night to reach, explore and come back to KKH. I have been told by many fellows that Naltar Valley and Shimshal Valley is very beautiful and must visit places. I would suggest you to visit Fairy Meadows also.)

8th Leg - Gilgit to Shandur via Phundar Lake (203 Kms) / 28 or 29 June (Night Stay at Shandur)
    (This road is awesome. I like it very much. Full of scenic landscapes, blue river flows with the road till Shandur height starts. I have also shared Shandur hotel’s phone number. It’s a one room and small hotel. You can camp there also.)

9th Leg - Shandur to Kalaash Valley (197 Kms) / 29 or 30 June (Night Stay at Kalaash)
    (Shandur to Boni is rough road and then till Ayun the road is good. As you cross Ayun bridge a small track leads you till Kalash. I have shared numbers in my thread where I stay in Kalash.)

10th Leg - Kalaash to Kalaam - Mahodand Lake (274 Kms) - 30 June or 1st July
    (If you are saying to go through Utroor Pass track to go to Kalam, Yes, It will be very tough as I heard its a difficult track but I would suggest you make this decision after getting information from local people in Dir that Utroor pass is open or not.)

11th Leg - Mahodand Lake to Muzaffarabad via Khawarzkhela - Besham City - Mansehra (357 Kms) 1st or 2nd July
    (This 357 kilometers will be tough because road from kalam to sawat is in very bad condition and speeding up the bike is not possible. I would suggest to divide it into 2 days and from Sawat you will have time to visit Malamjaba)

(I haven’t heard about this lake.)

12th Leg - Muzzafarabad to Rawalpindi - (253 Kms) 5th or 6th July
    Thandiani to Abbotabad
    Abbotabad to Terbela dam
    Khanpur Dam to Rawalpindi (via Margala Hills Road, Sadhu ka Bagh) - Night stay at Rawalpindi
    (Can be achieved if you start travel early in the morning as roads are good to all sides.)

13th Leg - Rawalpindi to Banjosa Lake to Toli Pir (Rawalakot) to Mangla Dam (Mirpur) - (297 Kms) - 6th or 7th July (Night stay at Mirpur)
    (Main road is fine but don’t know the condition of road to Banjosa Lake)

14th Leg - Mirpur to Kallar Kahar Lake to Khabikki Lake to Uchli Lake to Namal Lake to Chashma - (357 Kms) - 7th or 8th July (Night Stay at Chashma)
    (Have not been to this route)

15th Leg - Chashma to Karachi (1167Kms) 8th or 9th July (with stopovers in between as and when required)
    (This long distance requires more energy and when you are going back after a long visit, your energy level goes down below the feet. . Any way Best of Luck for your tour and stay blessed.)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@rizwan_mir. Thanx a lot for ur detailed input bro, just going through em. Fairymedows included. Thanx for pointing out

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan_mir View Post
    Dear Hammad Mustafa,

I appreciate yours and your wife?s spirit to explore our beautiful country. It is very important to balance our busy life by visiting pure nature and the way of exploring is up to us. Some choose 4 wheels, some choose 2 wheels, some choose 2 wheels without engine and some choose legs to reach to their destinations. At the end everyone is indulging themselves into nature to refresh their souls and capture life time moments.

First of all, do not try to achieve more miles at least in the beginning. Believe me if you tired in the beginning, you would not enjoy your tour at all.

Below are my suggestions according to my experience in all aspects.

ITINERARY

(Since it will be first day, energy level is high and you have a good speed bike. you can achieve this target. but if you have plan to stay some time on the places like lakes then i would suggest you to divide it into 2 days)

(i would suggest you to divide this into two days and stay one night somewhere near Multan or after 400 or 500 kilometers. and 2nd night in Lahore.)

Lahore to Muzzaffarabad (410 Kms)
    (Very enjoyable road till Muzaffarabad after Islamabad. you should save your time from Lahore to Islamabad ride by speeding up so you could stop and enjoy some of the scenic parts of remaining road.)

(It is better to stay night in Rawalpindi and enjoy next ride till Muzaffarabad having plenty of time.)

4th Leg - 05 or 06 June 15 to 11 or 12 June. (4 to 6 days)
    Muzaffarabad to Neelum valley upto Taobat, including Jagran Resorts, Chitta Kattha Lake, Ratti Gali Lake, Shounter Lake and back to Muzaffarabad.
    (I have not experienced Neelam valley so can?t suggest anything. But I think Shounter lake is accessible on bike.)

5th Leg - From 12 or 13 June (137Km) (3 to 5 days at Naraan-Kaghan Valley depending upon how soon we cover all the lakes)
    Garhi Habibullah to
    Balakot to
    Payee Lake to
    Shogran to
    Kaghan to
    Naran to
    Saif ul Malook to
    Jalkhad to
    Lalusar Lake
    (Reaching to the lakes is not like just click and lake is in front of your eyes. Some lakes are on the main roads like Lulusar and Pyala lake at Jalkhad but most of the lakes are far away from the road and have tough riding to reach there like Payee lake, Saif ul Malook lake & Lalazar Lake. And some lakes are not accessible through road or track like Dudipatsar lake, Sat Siri Mala lake, Yasmin Lake, Anso Lake. Even I think you can?t reach on bike with 2 up till Payee lake because track is very steep and rough with full of mud. You can save time if you hire a Jeep.)

Section ? 1 (178 Kms) Lalusar Lake to Rama Lake - (on 16 or 17 June) - (Night stay here).
    Section ? 2 (82 Kms) Rama Lake to Sehosar Lake and Deosai Planes - (on 17 or 18 June)
    02 Nights stay here.
    Section ? 3 (67.4 Km) Deosai Planes to Satpara Lake to Skardu. (on 19 or 20 June)
    (Night Stay Skardu)
    Section ? 4 (87 kms) Skardu to Shigar Fort to Shangrilla Resorts. on (20 or 21 June)
    (Night stay here)
    Section ? 5 (186 Kms) Shangrilla to Gilgit, on (21 or 22 June) - (Night stay here)
    (Your sections are good and achievable but the main thing is Ramazan. Traveling makes us more hungry than usual so having Roza during riding can be hard for you guys. I have shared the numbers and names of the persons in my travel thread where you commented. They rent tents at Sheosar lakes but I have no idea whether they operate tents in Ramazan or not. You can check with them for more confirmation.)

(I have not been to surroundings of KKH but this is confirmed that whichever valley you turn from KKH is rough track. And its recommended to spend a day and night to reach, explore and come back to KKH. I have been told by many fellows that Naltar Valley and Shimshal Valley is very beautiful and must visit places. I would suggest you to visit Fairy Meadows also.)

(This road is awesome. I like it very much. Full of scenic landscapes, blue river flows with the road till Shandur height starts. I have also shared Shandur hotel?s phone number. It?s a one room and small hotel. You can camp there also.)

(Shandur to Boni is rough road and then till Ayun the road is good. As you cross Ayun bridge a small track leads you till Kalash. I have shared numbers in my thread where I stay in Kalash.)

10th Leg - Kalaash to Kalaam - Mahodand Lake (274 Kms) - 30 June or 1st July
    (If you are saying to go through Utroor Pass track to go to Kalam, Yes, It will be very tough as I heard its a difficult track but I would suggest you make this decision after getting information from local people in Dir that Utroor pass is open or not.)

(This 357 kilometers will be tough because road from kalam to sawat is in very bad condition and speeding up the bike is not possible. I would suggest to divide it into 2 days and from Sawat you will have time to visit Malamjaba)

(I haven?t heard about this lake.)

12th Leg - Muzzafarabad to Rawalpindi - (253 Kms) 5th or 6th July
    Thandiani to Abbotabad
    Abbotabad to Terbela dam
    (Can be achieved if you start travel early in the morning as roads are good to all sides.)

13th Leg - Rawalpindi to Banjosa Lake to Toli Pir (Rawalakot) to Mangla Dam (Mirpur) - (297 Kms) - 6th or 7th July (Night stay at Mirpur)
    (Main road is fine but don?t know the condition of road to Banjosa Lake)

14th Leg - Mirpur to Kallar Kahar Lake to Khabikki Lake to Uchli Lake to Namal Lake to Chashma - (357 Kms) - 7th or 8th July (Night Stay at Chashma)
    (Have not been to this route)

(This long distance requires more energy and when you are going back after a long visit, your energy level goes down below the feet. . Any way Best of Luck for your tour and stay blessed.)
    Thats the spirit of PW community. Bro im speechless for ur consideration and such detailed input. All suggestions are worth to follow and codialy noted.

Bro ZalZal lake was formed during the 2005 earthquake, between Chakar and Muzaffarabad. Road is quite good so its possible to go there and return in 6hrs. This lake is squeezing every year as water source is rain only.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hats off to ur spirit brother.... i have already visited all of these mentioned places but its in the long span of 10 or more years... idea for visiting all these places in a single tour n that too on a 2 wheeler with ur wife... is k liye sahi maano mai himat chayie... Subscribed... 👍

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Leo_The_King View Post
    Hats off to ur spirit brother.... i have already visited all of these mentioned places but its in the long span of 10 or more years... idea for visiting all these places in a single tour n that too on a 2 wheeler with ur wife... is k liye sahi maano mai himat chayie... Subscribed... 👍
    Thanx a lot for the buckup dear. Guidance and input regarding the plan is welcome and much required

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wonderful write up bro. Looking forward to the trip. I wouldn't be able to say much now as you know I am busy abroad. I will however read it during flight and give my input. Im glad you are doing this. Life is for once. Enjoy it to the fullest.
    Never take life seriously. Nobody gets out alive anyway!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@abdulkarim. Lalay thanx to u for the encouragement. I doubt if u had turned down my thoughts, I would be able to even plan for it. Waitong for u to reach back home safely, so that we can discuss the plan in detail and finalize It for sure.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Change Log for the trip planning

#1. Considering the valuable inputs from @rizwan.mir, I'm gonna divide my first leg in 02-03 days with a night stay at new Khairpur. Then will move to Bahawalpur with 2days and one night stay, exploring POIs surrounding Bahawalpur . (itinerary changed in 1st post accordingly.

#2 - Detailed itinerary added for 3rd leg with dates and distance.

#3 - After detailed research I have decided to exclude the Chitta Katha Lake trek for now as it involves the night stay in between (means atleast, atleast 1 and a half day). As i mentioned in plan the Neelum Valley leg would be with complete families (Tayyab's and Mine, probably @abdulkarim 's too), so can't leave the kids in camps/ hotels with ladies alone.

#4 - Included one more section in 5th Leg for Fairy Meadows and reduced Deosai plains stay to 01 night.

#5 - Excluded the Thatta section due heavy traffic on weekends and overcrowded lakes due to continuous Hot weather in Karachi since start of May. Going direct to Manchar Lake and Sehwan then Khairpur.

#6 - Earlier I left the Lalsuhana National Park due to health issues. Then left Shounter and Taobat during Neelum Valley leg due to heavy rain in area. Having overloaded bikes and mud tracks of Shounter and Taobat, local people and tourists coming back from these places strongly advised me to not go there. Later, Naran- Kaghan I left Lulusar Lake although melted and accessable, rest of the lakes were frozen and inaccessible. Babusar top is also closed to date (16 June).

#7 - Instead im including Zalzal Lake, Sudhan Gali as an additional short leg for 17 June, Insha'Allah.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hammad Here are the numbers for Neelum valley..

Kel, Sharda, Keran, Upper Neelum, Athmuqam
    Office 05822-921317 and 0300-5154292 Mr. Raees Khawaja Deputy Director

u just need to book on call and get reservation slip from MZD by paying there office in upper Chattar Housing Scheme, Muzaffarabad. (the road goes to PC Muzaffarabd adjacent to a private school. sorry i just slipped the name of that school). for all the places u can book here by telling them dates for respective places.

for Kutton Resorts 0344-5015438 Mr. Sardar Khursheed (05821-920309 Resort number.. caretaker Khawaja Khalid). there office is in muzaffarabad too just behind the state bank building. the procedure is same here that book on call and get reservation slip from muzaffarabad office.

U must book at least 10 days before due to season and peak rush. also there is holiday on Friday so offices will be closed so u should be there other than Friday

Ajk tourism rest houses are the best according to their rates and facilities.. there are many other private guest houses and hotels.. But i'm not having any experience of them in Neelum valley ...

Hoping this will help u

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanx a lot @suhaibshaikh

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hammad.mustafa View Post
    Thanx a lot @suhaibshaikh
    Pleasure is all mine dear....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Preparations for the trip.

Well fellas.......was bit bust with preparations for the trip.

1. Got my bike Tuned and Thoroughly Checked.
    2. Crash Guard Installed.
    3. Seat Modified.
    4. Powerful Dual Horn Installed for Blind Corners.
    5. Safety Gears ordered.
    6. New 55W HID Purchased.
    7. Mobile Charging System Installed
    8. Mobile and Camera Mounts Recieved
    9. First Aid Kit ready.

Going to Saddar Mkt, someone told me about a street where all the NATO stuff is sold, fingers crossed, lets see what i find there. Will post the pics once the shopping list is completed.

10. Hiking Sticks bought
    11. Finally tents and sleeping bags bought at an exceptional Price.
    All weather Sleeping bags @ 1000 each.

4 person 4-5 Kg Tents @ 2500 each.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

User Tag List