1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Our First bike trip from islamabad to naran and jheel saif ul maluk

AOA guys i need ur help! its our first ever trip on bike and first time trip to naran.we are two guys one bike honda cg125(excellent condition new tire and tube) . Our plan is simple we will leave for muree first day and stay there for a night.next day straight to nara now i dont know which route is suitable.. till muree i know the route but have no idea from there to naran :-(

I need help for routes(searched on google map but i know its not enough) safe routes only

Is it necessary to have puncher kit along with us?

Other necessary stuffs..

Is it possible for bike to make it to lake saif ul maluk or jeep is only the option..

Is it really necessary to have halmet(both of us) or one will work

Other precautions!

After watching lots of posts guys having fun i thought its good idea for us to fresh our minds too so next day i went to market exchanged my 70 with CG125 LOL! Paid extra thousands just for this trip..spirits are high ;-) thats why i came here for help from you guys.. Thanks in advance

Sent from my iPad using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please help me guys

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by 88azi View Post
    AOA guys i need ur help! its our first ever trip on bike and first time trip to naran.we are two guys one bike honda cg125(excellent condition new tire and tube) . Our plan is simple we will leave for muree first day and stay there for a night.next day straight to nara now i dont know which route is suitable.. till muree i know the route but have no idea from there to naran :-(

I need help for routes(searched on google map but i know its not enough) safe routes only

Is it necessary to have puncher kit along with us?

Other necessary stuffs..

Is it possible for bike to make it to lake saif ul maluk or jeep is only the option..

Is it really necessary to have halmet(both of us) or one will work

Other precautions!

After watching lots of posts guys having fun i thought its good idea for us to fresh our minds too so next day i went to market exchanged my 70 with CG125 LOL! Paid extra thousands just for this trip..spirits are high ;-) thats why i came here for help from you guys.. Thanks in advance

1 - From Murree >> to abotabad(via natya gali) >> to mansehra >> to balakot >> to kaghan >> to naran and this cannot be done in one day unless you want to ruin the enjoyment factor.

2 - CG125 with two people will get load of abuse and over heating and over heated brakes from nathya gali to abotabad (if not used properly you might face failed brakes or slipped clutch)

3 - Puncture kit and skill to apply it = YES

4 - Biking till saiful malook with two people = YES BUT!!! WILL need skilled hands who take bikes every now and then to mountains in total offroad condition and snow patches or else might fail badly.

5 - At many spots you might have to drop the passenger as bike will show no interest to climb once heated badly.

Good luck

Advice : go with some professional first to understand various type of pit falls.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

advice from vicky need your attention , you can group with some professional/experience bikers it will help you in your tour and my personal recommendation will be one person on one bike since you will be carrying luggage as well so this is going to great pain for both of you.

Happy Travelling !
    [Proud Owner of Yamaha YBR 125 - MashaAllah] -- [Smartphones/Computers "Keera" ] -- [Fan of Traveling/Adventure]

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    1 - From Murree >> to abotabad(via natya gali) >> to mansehra >> to balakot >> to kaghan >> to naran and this cannot be done in one day unless you want to ruin the enjoyment factor.

2 - CG125 with two people will get load of abuse and over heating and over heated brakes from nathya gali to abotabad (if not used properly you might face failed brakes or slipped clutch)

3 - Puncture kit and skill to apply it = YES

4 - Biking till saiful malook with two people = YES BUT!!! WILL need skilled hands who take bikes every now and then to mountains in total offroad condition and snow patches or else might fail badly.

5 - At many spots you might have to drop the passenger as bike will show no interest to climb once heated badly.

Good luck

Advice : go with some professional first to understand various type of pit falls.
    I dont know how i thank you vicky boss at last someone look to my request

How about if we take route from muzafarabad?

I can ride all day but i will take ur advice here where should i stay mansera or kaghan? And hotel names please(will stop after 2 hours wont press the bike to hard)

I practiced alot these days with puncher kit :-)

How will be traffic on eid?

Yar since its our first trip i have lots of concerns about situations can't trust anyone thats why we are taking this risk riding alone but im very hopeful that inshahllah we will make it. Today i fixed bike from A to Z it feels great now

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by DJNOMI View Post
    advice from vicky need your attention , you can group with some professional/experience bikers it will help you in your tour and my personal recommendation will be one person on one bike since you will be carrying luggage as well so this is going to great pain for both of you.

Happy Travelling !
    Thanks lot @DJNOMI for ur reply yar cant group with anyone due to concerns :-( i might be only one here who have concerns to ride with great bikers/adventurers but i cant help my self its in my stupid nature that i cant trust anyone maybe its my first tour.we hardly managed money to buy one used CG125(which i fixed every single issues everything run flawlessly now)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i might be only one here who have concerns to ride with great bikers/adventurers but i cant help my self its in my stupid nature that i cant trust anyone maybe its my first tour.

If you are this much concerned you might not go at all... being on a bike and in north for the first time you will need a helping hand in many situations you might fall.. even professionals fall and slip and tuck and need free ride or have to patch up with other, at some place where security is tight alone riding is not allowed by security agencies and they stop people and send them in groups.

But thats a different story, you dont even need to mention that u have reservations every one has few.

I dont know how i thank you vicky boss at last someone look to my request
    How about if we take route from muzafarabad?
    I can ride all day but i will take ur advice here where should i stay mansera or kaghan? And hotel names please(will stop after 2 hours wont press the bike to hard)
    I practiced alot these days with puncher kit :-)
    How will be traffic on eid?
    Yar since its our first trip i have lots of concerns about situations can't trust anyone thats why we are taking this risk riding alone but im very hopeful that inshahllah we will make it. Today i fixed bike from A to Z it feels great now
    1 - Yes you can go from Muzafarbad but as I see u r from karachi so first you will have to reach muzafarabd and from there to balakot and ahead, explore a little on Maps.

2 - Kaghan is good for stay contact Dr Omair here in pakwheels he knows few good hotels there.

3 - Yes Kaghan naran valley is expected to be completly jam packed and halted on EID holidays It would be a worst decsion to go.

4 - According to my experience when ur motor bike is fit A - Z it fails on first few kilometers, the only trick which works is to be ready to handle it nicely when it occurs.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you are this much concerned you might not go at all... being on a bike and in north for the first time you will need a helping hand in many situations you might fall.. even professionals fall and slip and tuck and need free ride or have to patch up with other, at some place where security is tight alone riding is not allowed by security agencies and they stop people and send them in groups.

But thats a different story, you dont even need to mention that u have reservations every one has few.

1 - Yes you can go from Muzafarbad but as I see u r from karachi so first you will have to reach muzafarabd and from there to balakot and ahead, explore a little on Maps.

2 - Kaghan is good for stay contact Dr Omair here in pakwheels he knows few good hotels there.

3 - Yes Kaghan naran valley is expected to be completly jam packed and halted on EID holidays It would be a worst decsion to go.

4 - According to my experience when ur motor bike is fit A - Z it fails on first few kilometers, the only trick which works is to be ready to handle it nicely when it occurs.
    Thanks @vickytulla ur comments and suggestions really helped me thumbs up bro. We made lil changes in our original plan we will move directly from lahore to islamabad next day to muree,ayubiya and natiyagali see if we can find decent group even if not we will move im sure that day we will be able to find groups. Yar we got very limited leaves from office due to load of works eid is only option we have on the table and we invest lots of money thats why we cant step down and seems now the weather will be rainy all way to next week its bad news for us :-(.. According to GT road from lahore to islamabad gives me suggestions/precautions bro

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

. Yar we got very limited leaves from office due to load of works eid is only option we have on the table and we invest lots of money thats why we cant step down and seems now the weather will be rainy all way to next week its bad news for us :-(.. According to GT road from lahore to islamabad gives me suggestions/precautions bro
    1 - Avoid traffic jams, as soon as you spot one shift to alternate route, have plan 'B" if the destination in Plan 'A" is JAM PACK ALREADY ...

2 - On GT road Stay away from Trucks, long trailers, tractors, Riskshaw Drivers, small Kids, Aunties, and Baba gee who love to wander on high way.

Always keep hand on brakes when even in moderate traffic, INshAllah every thing would be fine.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

1 - Avoid traffic jams, as soon as you spot one shift to alternate route, have plan 'B" if the destination in Plan 'A" is JAM PACK ALREADY ...

2 - On GT road Stay away from Trucks, long trailers, tractors, Riskshaw Drivers, small Kids, Aunties, and Baba gee who love to wander on high way.

Always keep hand on brakes when even in moderate traffic, INshAllah every thing would be fine.
    Thanks again bro.. We will use every precaution possible wont rush 60 to 80 will be maximum speed 2 hours will be maximum ride than we will stop by for rest and half/half way for both of us..downloaded offline gmaps i dont know if it will work or not btw wrote name of every stop on our way :-) watched every single thread in PW ;-). I will keep posting in this thread including pics and experience.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@88azi bhai phir kia bana iss tour ka, koi update he nahi dee aapne.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List