Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast
Like Tree627Likes

Thread: Bike Trip (2,039 Km on Suzuki GS-150 with my wife), From Sept. 10, to Sept. 17, 2015

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Bike Trip (2,039 Km on Suzuki GS-150 with my wife), From Sept. 10, to Sept. 17, 2015

IN THE NAME OF "ALLAH"
    Assalamu'alaikum Wa Rahmatullah to All,

I have completed a bike trip with my wife from Lahore to Gilgit, Hunza (up to Attabad Lake) and Astore (Up to PTDC Rama). The tunnel (Attabad Lake) was not open during our visit, disappointed and decided not to go ahead, On return via Naran we changed our route and traveled via Balakot to Garhi Habibullah,Muzaffarabad, Murree and Lahore. Overall it was a wonderful trip for us. Thanks to Almighty we didn?t face any single problem / discrepancy regarding bike / trip. I especially want to thanks Mr. Rizwan Mir (rizwan_mir), Mr. Muhammad Izhar Ahmed (A biker and friend of Mr. Rizwan Mir) and Mr. Nadeem (basic) for giving me very useful guidelines regarding our trip. I also want to thanks Mr. Nasir Jamil and his fellows (A bikers group from Faisalabad we met in Gilgit city) as they also gave me some useful guidelines. Thanks a lot and God bless all of you and your families and grant all your prayers and wishes. I also met with Mr. Sagheer Sufian (Xoofi) & group (on the bikes) near Chilas as they were returning after completing the visit of Khunjrab Pass. He was astonished that how I know him? Sagheer Sufian Bhai you are admirable member of this esteemed organization (PakWheels). I have visited your all beautiful threads and my given remarks are witness. Thanks and God bless you. Another Bikers group met us at Rama (Astore) Mr. Moeen & group (Biker from Lahore) with some foreigner / female bikers. My last visit for these areas was in 2000 and long time has passed I couldn?t go there (Northern Areas). Although it was not a complete trip of the area but we enjoyed very much there.

Preparation

I have purchased GS-150 bike after detailed discussions with my friends and this is my personal opinion that GS-150 is trustworthy traveling companion. I have already some bike traveling experience in the past. I have done some changing / modification in my bike as I changed the rear tyre (Service cruiser 18-90-100). Changed the headlight bulb with LED and installed 02 extra U-3 Torch type lights with headlight for extra support of night traveling (as on low head light and on high U-3 lights).Installed car cigarette lighter device for charging of mobile during traveling (very helpful). Installed double foot rests both sides for my wife. Installed Denso horns. Installed Studds (an Indian Bike?s accessories manufacturing company) side box (on the right side use as tool kit box and for some light accessories. Prepared an extra seat cushion (with help of fiber ball filling material). I and my wife felt more comfortable by its use during the traveling. Changed the original power plug with NGK G-Power Platinum Plug.

Tool Box

02 extra tubes for tyres, complete puncture kit, 01 extra power plug, 01extra engine oil pack (Liqui Moly 20w-50) and some necessary tools / panas. Extra brake shoes. Extra Clutch, Brake and accelerator cables. Extra clutch / brake handles. Extra Chain lock.

Itinerary

Lahore (Via GT Road) ~ Abbotabad ~ Batakundi (Via Naran) ~ Babusar Top ~ Chilas ~ Gilgit ~ Hunza ~Attabad Lake ~ Mina Pin ~ Astore ~ Rama (up to PTDC Rama) ~ Chilas ~ Babusar Top ~ Naran ~ Balakot ~ Muzaffarabad ~ Murree ~ Lahore.

Expenses

Petrol consumption = 62.76 Liters = Rs. 4,690/-

Engine Oil Liqui Moly 20w-50 (02 Packs) = Rs. 1,400

Hotel (Total 07 Misc. Night stay) = Rs. 4,650

Foods (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) = Rs. 3,770/-

Tea & Misc. Refreshments = Rs. 1,751/-

GRAND TOTAL
    Rs. 16,261/-

Note:-
    In Abbotabad Petrol was stolen in the hotel car parking area the rest tour was excellent and safe.

BALTIT FORT
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622441
    RAKAPOSHI
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622437
    ATTABAD LAKE
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622438
    RAMA
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622439
    LU-LU SAR LAKE
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622440
    OUR RIDE
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622443

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salman.adilsiddiqui View Post
    Dear message your cell number....waiting
    I have sent u please check your in box.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by salman.adilsiddiqui View Post
    Dear message your cell number....waiting
    Dear number

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam Walaikum,

Though there are many threads on PW but this struck me the most because I too am currently on a Bike Tour on a GS 150 with my Wife, but from Karachi to Khunjerab.

Unfortunately, our Tour came to an abrupt End when we were faced with multiple Landslides at Beshan and onward all the way to Chilas. So we could not pass Besham, and after a two day delay at Besham we were told the road to Chilas due to Large Boulders that had to be blasted in order to be cleared would not open for another few days. And with Heavy Rains in the forecast in the days following we finally decided to end our journey and return to Pindi where we currently are.

After a few days visiting Family and friends in and around Pindi/Islamabad we will return to Karachi.

I will take some time to read and enjoy your thread while responding and commenting on many of your posts.

Hats off to your Efforts and in depth details of your journey and Spectacular Photography. And Credit certainly goes to your Spouse for having such Courage to accompany you on such an Adventurous Expedition.

You have set a Standard for many other couples to do the same.

Regards,

Sulaiman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Oh my, just read your opening statement where you mentioned that on your Tour you met with Sufian Sagheer (Xoofi) on his way back from Khunjerab. That was my Group, PAK BATs and I was leading that group but do not recall meeting you. Our group page on FB as PAK BATs.

I must have been ahead and crossed you while Sufian was the acting Sweeper to make sure no one was left behind.

In any case, we did cross one another but did not get a chance to meet. Perhaps on one of our future Rides we may come across one another.

Regards,

Sulaiman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sulaiman75 View Post
    Assalam Walaikum,

Though there are many threads on PW but this struck me the most because I too am currently on a Bike Tour on a GS 150 with my Wife, but from Karachi to Khunjerab.

Unfortunately, our Tour came to an abrupt End when we were faced with multiple Landslides at Beshan and onward all the way to Chilas. So we could not pass Besham, and after a two day delay at Besham we were told the road to Chilas due to Large Boulders that had to be blasted in order to be cleared would not open for another few days. And with Heavy Rains in the forecast in the days following we finally decided to end our journey and return to Pindi where we currently are.

After a few days visiting Family and friends in and around Pindi/Islamabad we will return to Karachi.

I will take some time to read and enjoy your thread while responding and commenting on many of your posts.

Hats off to your Efforts and in depth details of your journey and Spectacular Photography. And Credit certainly goes to your Spouse for having such Courage to accompany you on such an Adventurous Expedition.

You have set a Standard for many other couples to do the same.

Regards,

Sulaiman
    Quote Originally Posted by Sulaiman75 View Post
    Oh my, just read your opening statement where you mentioned that on your Tour you met with Sufian Sagheer (Xoofi) on his way back from Khunjerab. That was my Group, PAK BATs and I was leading that group but do not recall meeting you. Our group page on FB as PAK BATs.

I must have been ahead and crossed you while Sufian was the acting Sweeper to make sure no one was left behind.

In any case, we did cross one another but did not get a chance to meet. Perhaps on one of our future Rides we may come across one another.

Regards,

Sulaiman

Wa'alaikum Assalam Wa Rahmatullah

Respected Sulaiman Bhai,

This is great honour that you worte nice & kind words for us as you are legendary traveler / biker. I have learnt a lot of things by reading your all prestigious posts. You are exemplary rider and due to you tourism is promoting especially traveling on the bike as many bikers have done the same after you. Sulaiman Bhai believe me that you have done lot of trips on the bike but your first and solo trip on the bike from Karachi to Khanjrab was amazing, unmatchable and full of adventures. God bless you and your family.

Great Sulaiman Bhai that you are traveling again on the bike but this time with Bhabi hats off for you. Alas! The weather has disturbed your trip. I heard in the news that heavy rains disturbed Shangla Hills, Besham and Chilas areas. You are requested to please take complete information regarding the areas / routs before departure.
    During our trip we had met with Sufian bhai after crossing Chilas. In fact this was a short meeting and I was not expecting that you were also traveling with them. Alas! Great opportunity of meeting missed that time. I think you were well ahead from Sufian bhai because just before meeting place I & my wife had stayed and parked the bike away from the main road and were taking rest. I think that time you all would have crossed us and couldn't meet there but we will meet in future Insha-Allah. Suliaman Bhai whenever you visit Lahore please let me inform. I shall feel proud to serve you. We want to visit Leepa & Bagh Valley on the bike this year and Insha Allah we shall visit after Ramzan-ul-Mubarik or later. Please remember me in your prayers. God bless you and your family and grant all your prayers & good wishes. Take care & best of luck.

Kind regards,
    Ali Imran

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    53 Post(s)
    Tagged
    30 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Awesome pics...Brave travellers
    If travelling was free............ You know what i mean

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ifoo_786 View Post
    Awesome pics...Brave travellers
    Bundle of thanks and regards for your kind words dear brother.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi,Just completed your whole thread and salute to you and your wife for courage n adventurous nature to explore northern areas on bike specially in this age .... two thumbs up sir .... hope you remember me, met with you twice with mansoor bhai, gs150's meetups

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iffinca View Post
    Hi,Just completed your whole thread and salute to you and your wife for courage n adventurous nature to explore northern areas on bike specially in this age .... two thumbs up sir .... hope you remember me, met with you twice with mansoor bhai, gs150's meetups
    Assalamu'alaikum Wa Rahmatullah,

Brother thanks a lot for your nice words, of course Mansoor Bhai is very genius person and I m lucky that I was also a tiny participant with you in the meetings. The trip done by me & my wife was a blessing of Almighty as we are nothing, about age! Brother inside commitments should be young. In future by the grace of Almighty we shall travel again toward new destination (Inshah-Allah) Traveling on the bike is dangerous but full of adventures. May God bless our homeland and its inhabitants. Have you ever visited these areas on the bike with your life partner? If yes then u r requested to please share it with us and if no then make a plan for future believe me you will enjoy and will never go for trip other than by the bike.
    Thanks & best regards,
    Ali Imran

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

saran valley. Hotel to bohat munasib mil gaya aap ko

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amirbashirlhr View Post
    saran valley. Hotel to bohat munasib mil gaya aap ko
    Yes Brother thora out of season honay ki wajah say rate sasata mila tha waisay bhi Abbotabad mein hotel sastay hain as compare to other destinations.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nishat12 View Post
    Yes Brother thora out of season honay ki wajah say rate sasata mila tha waisay bhi Abbotabad mein hotel sastay hain as compare to other destinations.

Sir ... your thread is so interested.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amirbashirlhr View Post
    Sir ... your thread is so interested.
    Bundle of thanks for your appreciation. Brother all available threads on this esteemed forum are remarkable. All members express their ideas according to their thoughts, feelings and observations. I am lucky and feel proud that I am also a tiny (as I am nothing) participant of this valued forum. I have narrated my feelings by using of some trivial words and clicks. You liked this great honor for me.
    Thanks & Kind regards,

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Thumbs up Sir

I saw ur thread today. It was a great effort by both of you. Hats of sir g.
    Just want to know that how u putt car cigarette lighter on bike. pls guide me as I'm going to visit Khunjrab pass on coming month,
    Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Wonderful Trip Thumbs Up
    <<<***ALHAMDULILLAH***>>>Yah ALLAH tera Shukar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nishat12,

I am really amazed and inspire to see your tour pics. You have done marvelous job. I am also planning for such tour. Appreciable efforts by you and motivating for others. Stay Blessed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by usa_din View Post
    I saw ur thread today. It was a great effort by both of you. Hats of sir g.
    Just want to know that how u putt car cigarette lighter on bike. pls guide me as I'm going to visit Khunjrab pass on coming month,
    Regards
    Thanks a lot for your appreciations. Brother installing of Cigarette Lighter Switch is so simple and any good Autos Electrician can do this job for you easily. Many brands of mobile charges are available in the Autos Markets. Please visit the market. Mobile charges / Cigarette lighter switch is very helpful during traveling on long trip. God bless u and have nice & safe journey to the northern areas.

Kind regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeshan206 View Post
    Wonderful Trip Thumbs Up
    Bundle of thanks Dear brother Zeeshan Nasir Sahib, When u r going for long trip....??

Kind regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mujtabakhan View Post
    @nishat12,

I am really amazed and inspire to see your tour pics. You have done marvelous job. I am also planning for such tour. Appreciable efforts by you and motivating for others. Stay Blessed.
    Thanks a lot dear brother Mujtaba Khan Sahib, God bless u n ur family.
    Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

السلام علیکم بھائی جان۔ سب سے پہلے تو شاندار ٹور کی مبارکباد۔ آپ دونوں کی ہمت اور حوصلہ کی داد دینی پڑے گی۔ کہ اتنا لمبا سفر اور وہ بھی بائیک پر۔ ارادہ تو بہت سے لوگ کرتے ہیں لیکن حقیقت میں واقعی بہت ہمت درکار ہوتی ہے۔ اچھا بھائی یہ پوچھنا تھا کہ یہ دیران گیسٹ ہاؤس مین قراقرم ہائی سے سے کتنے فاصلے پر ہے اور اس سٹاپ کا نام جہاں سے آپ نے ہائی وے کو چھوڑ کر اس گیسٹ ہاؤس کا راستہ اختیار کیا تھا۔ نیز کرایہ کتنا ادا کیا تھا۔ شکریہ

+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 18 FirstFirst ... 715161718 LastLast

User Tag List