Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718
Like Tree627Likes

Thread: Bike Trip (2,039 Km on Suzuki GS-150 with my wife), From Sept. 10, to Sept. 17, 2015

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Bike Trip (2,039 Km on Suzuki GS-150 with my wife), From Sept. 10, to Sept. 17, 2015

IN THE NAME OF "ALLAH"
    Assalamu'alaikum Wa Rahmatullah to All,

I have completed a bike trip with my wife from Lahore to Gilgit, Hunza (up to Attabad Lake) and Astore (Up to PTDC Rama). The tunnel (Attabad Lake) was not open during our visit, disappointed and decided not to go ahead, On return via Naran we changed our route and traveled via Balakot to Garhi Habibullah,Muzaffarabad, Murree and Lahore. Overall it was a wonderful trip for us. Thanks to Almighty we didn?t face any single problem / discrepancy regarding bike / trip. I especially want to thanks Mr. Rizwan Mir (rizwan_mir), Mr. Muhammad Izhar Ahmed (A biker and friend of Mr. Rizwan Mir) and Mr. Nadeem (basic) for giving me very useful guidelines regarding our trip. I also want to thanks Mr. Nasir Jamil and his fellows (A bikers group from Faisalabad we met in Gilgit city) as they also gave me some useful guidelines. Thanks a lot and God bless all of you and your families and grant all your prayers and wishes. I also met with Mr. Sagheer Sufian (Xoofi) & group (on the bikes) near Chilas as they were returning after completing the visit of Khunjrab Pass. He was astonished that how I know him? Sagheer Sufian Bhai you are admirable member of this esteemed organization (PakWheels). I have visited your all beautiful threads and my given remarks are witness. Thanks and God bless you. Another Bikers group met us at Rama (Astore) Mr. Moeen & group (Biker from Lahore) with some foreigner / female bikers. My last visit for these areas was in 2000 and long time has passed I couldn?t go there (Northern Areas). Although it was not a complete trip of the area but we enjoyed very much there.

Preparation

I have purchased GS-150 bike after detailed discussions with my friends and this is my personal opinion that GS-150 is trustworthy traveling companion. I have already some bike traveling experience in the past. I have done some changing / modification in my bike as I changed the rear tyre (Service cruiser 18-90-100). Changed the headlight bulb with LED and installed 02 extra U-3 Torch type lights with headlight for extra support of night traveling (as on low head light and on high U-3 lights).Installed car cigarette lighter device for charging of mobile during traveling (very helpful). Installed double foot rests both sides for my wife. Installed Denso horns. Installed Studds (an Indian Bike?s accessories manufacturing company) side box (on the right side use as tool kit box and for some light accessories. Prepared an extra seat cushion (with help of fiber ball filling material). I and my wife felt more comfortable by its use during the traveling. Changed the original power plug with NGK G-Power Platinum Plug.

Tool Box

02 extra tubes for tyres, complete puncture kit, 01 extra power plug, 01extra engine oil pack (Liqui Moly 20w-50) and some necessary tools / panas. Extra brake shoes. Extra Clutch, Brake and accelerator cables. Extra clutch / brake handles. Extra Chain lock.

Itinerary

Lahore (Via GT Road) ~ Abbotabad ~ Batakundi (Via Naran) ~ Babusar Top ~ Chilas ~ Gilgit ~ Hunza ~Attabad Lake ~ Mina Pin ~ Astore ~ Rama (up to PTDC Rama) ~ Chilas ~ Babusar Top ~ Naran ~ Balakot ~ Muzaffarabad ~ Murree ~ Lahore.

Expenses

Petrol consumption = 62.76 Liters = Rs. 4,690/-

Engine Oil Liqui Moly 20w-50 (02 Packs) = Rs. 1,400

Hotel (Total 07 Misc. Night stay) = Rs. 4,650

Foods (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) = Rs. 3,770/-

Tea & Misc. Refreshments = Rs. 1,751/-

GRAND TOTAL
    Rs. 16,261/-

Note:-
    In Abbotabad Petrol was stolen in the hotel car parking area the rest tour was excellent and safe.

BALTIT FORT
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622441
    RAKAPOSHI
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622437
    ATTABAD LAKE
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622438
    RAMA
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622439
    LU-LU SAR LAKE
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622440
    OUR RIDE
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622443

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by haroonmcs26 View Post
    السلام علیکم بھائی جان۔ سب سے پہلے تو شاندار ٹور کی مبارکباد۔ آپ دونوں کی ہمت اور حوصلہ کی داد دینی پڑے گی۔ کہ اتنا لمبا سفر اور وہ بھی بائیک پر۔ ارادہ تو بہت سے لوگ کرتے ہیں لیکن حقیقت میں واقعی بہت ہمت درکار ہوتی ہے۔ اچھا بھائی یہ پوچھنا تھا کہ یہ دیران گیسٹ ہاؤس مین قراقرم ہائی سے سے کتنے فاصلے پر ہے اور اس سٹاپ کا نام جہاں سے آپ نے ہائی وے کو چھوڑ کر اس گیسٹ ہاؤس کا راستہ اختیار کیا تھا۔ نیز کرایہ کتنا ادا کیا تھا۔ شکریہ
    Wa’Alikum Asslam Wa’ Rehmatullah Dear Brother,

Bundle of thanks for your kind words. Yes agree with u that without help of Almighty we can’t do anything. Brother believe me that traveling on the bike for a long trip is full of adventures although this is dangerous but with the help of good planning & commitments one can do easily.
    About Diran Guest House it’s nice, calm and very beautiful place as suitable to stay there with the family. Regarding location it is at the distance of 76 kilometers (approximately) from Gilgit going towards Hunza when u cross Jaglot ~ Sikandarabd~Jafarabad ~ Rahimabad then the next will come Nasirabad (bridge) and stop there. There is a small sign board along the road and an arrow pointing regarding Diran Guest House from there leave the KKH and turn towards right and that road leads to Diran Guest House this road is known as Diran road and from there it’s hardly 9~10 Km. You will reach there within 15~20 minutes. Road is single but in good condition. Mr. Israr Hussain is there
    very good and cooperative person. It was out of season when we visited there and charges were less than Rs.1,000/-per night.

Kind regards,
    Ali Imran

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@nishat12

sir please tell me price of studds side boxes

and can they be used for storing clothes?

please also tell me the brakes/stops where you stopped for refreshment or stay

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by aliarshad26 View Post
    @nishat12

sir please tell me price of studds side boxes

and can they be used for storing clothes?

please also tell me the brakes/stops where you stopped for refreshment or stay

Dear Brother aliarshad26,

I had purchased the side boxes from Vohra Autos McLeod road Lahore and the price was Rs. 2,600/- for each. As I have seen now days many bikers have installed different type of side boxes other than Studds brand and those are in different shapes with more storage capacity. We had used this side box for some light accessories / tool kit during our tour. Yes brother you can use this for storing of clothes but I think a good traveling bag is more suitable than a side box during traveling.

During our traveling we had stopped for meals, refreshments, prayers and rest purpose according to situations. This is my personal opinion to stop away from population area I mean outside any city / town and chose any Dhaba or truck’s stop hotels / restaurants. Mostly they all are so good and will serve you with good manners.

Best regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir Your contact number and where can i meet you in Lahore??
    :::: The World Is A Book and Those Who Do Not Travel Read Only One Page ::::

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ibn.rizvi View Post
    Sir Your contact number and where can i meet you in Lahore??
    Please see your inbox for further details.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nishat;

I would advise to post you contact/details in a private message if you are not willing to get your sms flooded and getting lots of spamm and marketting calls..

Becuase those leaches copy numbers from here and sell it for marketting.

Quote Originally Posted by nishat12 View Post
    Asslam-o-Alaikum Wa' rehmatullah,

Brother here are my contact details:-
    Name : Ali Imran
    Cell # ****-*******
    I live in Lahore Cantt area. You can call / SMS me any time.

Kind regards,
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Nishat;

I would advise to post you contact/details in a private message if you are not willing to get your sms flooded and getting lots of spamm and marketting calls..

Becuase those leaches copy numbers from here and sell it for marketting.
    Dear Waqar Bhai,

Noted all with bundle of thanks. I shall be extra careful in future.

Thanks & kind regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ali bhai, InShaAllah I will travel with my wife in future. can't manage in near future as I am blessed with 3 naughty little kids and that is a huge responsibility, can take them along or cant leave them, so we cant manage a trip on car as kids are too small, elder daughter is 5, song is 2 and little one is almost 9 month old ..... but we have ha plan when ever it is suitable we will definitely try this .....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

mashallah great tour

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by iffinca View Post
    Ali bhai, InShaAllah I will travel with my wife in future. can't manage in near future as I am blessed with 3 naughty little kids and that is a huge responsibility, can take them along or cant leave them, so we cant manage a trip on car as kids are too small, elder daughter is 5, song is 2 and little one is almost 9 month old ..... but we have ha plan when ever it is suitable we will definitely try this .....
    Dear Brotehr, First of all I apology for late reply as I was not available here. I & my wife were again on the trip (on the bike) and this time our destination was AJK (Bagh side). The rain has disturbed us during the whole trip as I will start a new thread soon regarding this.
    God bless u & ur family. I am looking forward for your trip towards NA. Yes brother along with little kids to difficult to go on a trip. So please wait & have a nice & safe journey soon in future.

with best wishes & kind regards,
    Ali Imran

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by buttgepco8 View Post
    mashallah great tour
    Bundle of thanks & kind regards dear brother.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

User Tag List