Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
Like Tree627Likes

Thread: Bike Trip (2,039 Km on Suzuki GS-150 with my wife), From Sept. 10, to Sept. 17, 2015

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Bike Trip (2,039 Km on Suzuki GS-150 with my wife), From Sept. 10, to Sept. 17, 2015

IN THE NAME OF "ALLAH"
    Assalamu'alaikum Wa Rahmatullah to All,

I have completed a bike trip with my wife from Lahore to Gilgit, Hunza (up to Attabad Lake) and Astore (Up to PTDC Rama). The tunnel (Attabad Lake) was not open during our visit, disappointed and decided not to go ahead, On return via Naran we changed our route and traveled via Balakot to Garhi Habibullah,Muzaffarabad, Murree and Lahore. Overall it was a wonderful trip for us. Thanks to Almighty we didn?t face any single problem / discrepancy regarding bike / trip. I especially want to thanks Mr. Rizwan Mir (rizwan_mir), Mr. Muhammad Izhar Ahmed (A biker and friend of Mr. Rizwan Mir) and Mr. Nadeem (basic) for giving me very useful guidelines regarding our trip. I also want to thanks Mr. Nasir Jamil and his fellows (A bikers group from Faisalabad we met in Gilgit city) as they also gave me some useful guidelines. Thanks a lot and God bless all of you and your families and grant all your prayers and wishes. I also met with Mr. Sagheer Sufian (Xoofi) & group (on the bikes) near Chilas as they were returning after completing the visit of Khunjrab Pass. He was astonished that how I know him? Sagheer Sufian Bhai you are admirable member of this esteemed organization (PakWheels). I have visited your all beautiful threads and my given remarks are witness. Thanks and God bless you. Another Bikers group met us at Rama (Astore) Mr. Moeen & group (Biker from Lahore) with some foreigner / female bikers. My last visit for these areas was in 2000 and long time has passed I couldn?t go there (Northern Areas). Although it was not a complete trip of the area but we enjoyed very much there.

Preparation

I have purchased GS-150 bike after detailed discussions with my friends and this is my personal opinion that GS-150 is trustworthy traveling companion. I have already some bike traveling experience in the past. I have done some changing / modification in my bike as I changed the rear tyre (Service cruiser 18-90-100). Changed the headlight bulb with LED and installed 02 extra U-3 Torch type lights with headlight for extra support of night traveling (as on low head light and on high U-3 lights).Installed car cigarette lighter device for charging of mobile during traveling (very helpful). Installed double foot rests both sides for my wife. Installed Denso horns. Installed Studds (an Indian Bike?s accessories manufacturing company) side box (on the right side use as tool kit box and for some light accessories. Prepared an extra seat cushion (with help of fiber ball filling material). I and my wife felt more comfortable by its use during the traveling. Changed the original power plug with NGK G-Power Platinum Plug.

Tool Box

02 extra tubes for tyres, complete puncture kit, 01 extra power plug, 01extra engine oil pack (Liqui Moly 20w-50) and some necessary tools / panas. Extra brake shoes. Extra Clutch, Brake and accelerator cables. Extra clutch / brake handles. Extra Chain lock.

Itinerary

Lahore (Via GT Road) ~ Abbotabad ~ Batakundi (Via Naran) ~ Babusar Top ~ Chilas ~ Gilgit ~ Hunza ~Attabad Lake ~ Mina Pin ~ Astore ~ Rama (up to PTDC Rama) ~ Chilas ~ Babusar Top ~ Naran ~ Balakot ~ Muzaffarabad ~ Murree ~ Lahore.

Expenses

Petrol consumption = 62.76 Liters = Rs. 4,690/-

Engine Oil Liqui Moly 20w-50 (02 Packs) = Rs. 1,400

Hotel (Total 07 Misc. Night stay) = Rs. 4,650

Foods (Breakfast, Lunch and Dinner) = Rs. 3,770/-

Tea & Misc. Refreshments = Rs. 1,751/-

GRAND TOTAL
    Rs. 16,261/-

Note:-
    In Abbotabad Petrol was stolen in the hotel car parking area the rest tour was excellent and safe.

BALTIT FORT
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622441
    RAKAPOSHI
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622437
    ATTABAD LAKE
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622438
    RAMA
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622439
    LU-LU SAR LAKE
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622440
    OUR RIDE
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1622443

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farhan_khetran View Post
    Big brother, you got a nice guest house in Batakundi in reasonale price. you did some bargaining or was it due to off-season?
    Dear brother Farhan,
    Mr. Nisar one of owner and business partner of this guest house and he is very kind and cooperative person. He said to us," Sir G season to taqreeban off ha aap jo chahian day dain or na bhi dain to khair ha because you are our guest" I paid him Rs. 600/- (including breakfast) and he accepted happily. Brother the location and accommodation was fine. It was nice & calm place except no mobile network coverage is available there (Batakundi).

Best regards,
    Ali Imran

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alkandar View Post
    Couldn't see the pictures of GS's customized seat.
    Sir, I didn't modify my GS's seat. I had taken extra full seat cushion with me (which was made of Ball Fiber material) and believe me it was very comfortable for us during the whole traveling. Please see my bike's snaps.

Best regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    7 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zaberdast!
    Apart from pakwheels, my blogs can be also be viewed at http://tajziat.blogspot.com/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalahm View Post
    Zaberdast!
    Thanks a lot brother.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Near to Babusar Top
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1627162

Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1627164
    Reached at the Top
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1627163
    Attached Images Attached Images  

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

From the Top Naran Side's View
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1627166
    Towards Chilas
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1627177

Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1627178

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Reached Chilas
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1627180

Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1627181

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1627182

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

MashAllah kamal ka safernama parh rha hon men nishat saab maza agaya... it just brings back all the memories of all the beautiful places we have in Pakistan.

Subscribed.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nishat What A Marvelous Trip And Excellent Photography

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    MashAllah kamal ka safernama parh rha hon men nishat saab maza agaya... it just brings back all the memories of all the beautiful places we have in Pakistan.

Subscribed.
    vickytulla , bhi aap k recent trips ki photo's nazar nahi aai kahin ??????
    GO__ HONDA __ GO

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam, Naseer bhai I have yet to post them... just need to collect them from other riders..

Quote Originally Posted by naseer_jaan View Post
    vickytulla , bhi aap k recent trips ki photo's nazar nahi aai kahin ??????
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nishat12 View Post
    (Day2) September11, 2015 (Friday) Abbotabad to Bata kundi

Checked out hotel and Started Traveling towards Balakot and stopped at Mian Gee Punjab hotel (Islam Kot Mansehra Road) for breakfast. We stopped many places for snaps and tea etc but didn?t stop at Naran and crossed Naran because our target was to reach Bata Kundi before sunset and finally we reached there (by the grace of Almighty). Checked in Shan Guest house (very nice place) the cool weather, good neat & clean room and nice location. The Guest House?s managements were very kind and helpful. They have charged Rs. 600/- as room rent from us (including breakfast) We discussed regarding our trip and they suggested that we have some extra luggage with us if possible to drop here under our safe custody otherwise it will be inconvenient during rest of the trip. After detail discussion we dropped our bag along with some clothes there and repacked the luggage. No mobile network coverage is available there so, we have taken dinner and have some walked and slept because we had started a tough journey in the next morning like Babusar Top and so on?..
    Share hotel phone number
    >>>>>>Toyota Corolla GLI Ecotec- A power Machine<<<<<<

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

(Day1) September10, 2015 (Thursday) Lahore to Abbotabad

We left Lahore at 06:40 am after refueling the bike and when we were crossing Ghakhar Mandi population area my wife said to me to stop anywhere for breakfast. We stopped at a Dhaba Hotel for our breakfast then continued our journey via GT road towards Abbotabad again stopped at couple of places for tea break / refreshment and finally reached Abbotabad and checked in the Saran Valley Hotel (on the Mansehra Road, just beside Ayub Medical Complex. This was good and clean hotel. After checked in and some rest we went out for dinner and ate from Kalay Khan Bar BQ and have some wandering here and there taken green tea then slept. The hotel room?s rent was Rs.750/- per night.
    Share hotel phone number

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

(Day3) September12, 2015 (Saturday) Bata kundi to Gilgit City

It was very pleasant and sunny morning and after breakfast I took some snaps of guest house and its surrounding. We left Bata Kundi area as I was little worried about onward traveling further to Gilgit, Hunza and so on via Babusar Top. Although we had visited up to Lulusar lake in 2012 and in 2013 and these were completely family?s visits. I never visited Babusar Top after 2000 and this was first time that I was traveling via Babusar Top with my wife on the bike. We reached Babusar top at about 120 hrs and many tourists were there at the top who were enjoying sightseeing. The weather was cold at the top because cool wind was blowing. We met there with 02 tourists families from Lahore and were going to Hunza by Toyota Corolla cars. They were astonished and asked that how did you manage traveling up to here on the bike. They took our / bike?s snaps. After spending some time there, we left for Chilas. The weather was hot in Chilas. We were stopped at Chilas Bridge by security check post?s staff after some chit chat we left again and finally we reached Gilgit as we were searching hotel for our night stay. We met Mr. Nasir Jamil & fellows (Bikers) and they were returning from Skardu (very nice guys). We checked in all together in ?Gigit City Hotel? (Airport Road) and room rent was Rs. 700/- per night.
    Share hotel phone number

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

(Day3) September12, 2015 (Saturday) Bata kundi to Gilgit City

It was very pleasant and sunny morning and after breakfast I took some snaps of guest house and its surrounding. We left Bata Kundi area as I was little worried about onward traveling further to Gilgit, Hunza and so on via Babusar Top. Although we had visited up to Lulusar lake in 2012 and in 2013 and these were completely family?s visits. I never visited Babusar Top after 2000 and this was first time that I was traveling via Babusar Top with my wife on the bike. We reached Babusar top at about 120 hrs and many tourists were there at the top who were enjoying sightseeing. The weather was cold at the top because cool wind was blowing. We met there with 02 tourists families from Lahore and were going to Hunza by Toyota Corolla cars. They were astonished and asked that how did you manage traveling up to here on the bike. They took our / bike?s snaps. After spending some time there, we left for Chilas. The weather was hot in Chilas. We were stopped at Chilas Bridge by security check post?s staff after some chit chat we left again and finally we reached Gilgit as we were searching hotel for our night stay. We met Mr. Nasir Jamil & fellows (Bikers) and they were returning from Skardu (very nice guys). We checked in all together in ?Gigit City Hotel? (Airport Road) and room rent was Rs. 700/- per night.
    Share hotel phone number.....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post

Subscribed.
    Thanks a lot dear brother Waqar Ahmed Sahib for your kind words. I am getting experience due you people as you are adventurous traveler & Biker. God bless u.

Kind regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by mkkd View Post
    Share hotel phone number.....
    Mr. Akhtar Ali (Hotel Manager Gilgit City Hotel Gilgit) 0313-7441611 & Scom # 0355-5624280.

Regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by amjad635 View Post
    Nishat What A Marvelous Trip And Excellent Photography
    Thanks a lot dear brother for kind words.

Regards,

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1627692
    On the way from Chilas to Raikot bridge
    Bike Trip 2039 Km on Suzuki GS150 with my wife From Sept 10 to Sept 17 2015 -1627693

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

User Tag List