876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Crash Course: Visit to Deosai & Rama

Disclaimer: Its a Crash Coarse because we crashed like ever 30 minutes after we entered Baltistan.

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628346

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1635512

Last month I shared a thread to ask professional bike travelers to know if we can visit Deosai and which route would be best bet and we did really got an excellent plan sorted out thanks to PW Senior member who guided is so good.

Beside the Sober riders league The plan attracted to newcomers this time, one was my university mate (kashif khan) and the other guy was @angel82's university mate (Salar) who noticed our "bike only" tours and both were fully geared up to taste it this time.

Every body applied for annual leaves a month before the plan and prapred there rides, as we had very "High Voltage" feedback on the condition of the trek specially in astore and skaurdu from @imranbhatti saahb...

I my self was in the highest stress as I was taking the newly imported Trail for the first time and I was totally uncertain about its quality/stabilty e.t.c..

In the meanwhile we learned that MAP Bikers Club has the Meetup on same date when we will cross Islamabad so we added that to list as well.

Riders:
    1 - @pirates [Nouman]
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628347

2 - @RocketScience [Khurram]
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628348

3 - @ammarzahid [Ammar]
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628349

4 - @mqsdrana [Rana Sahab]
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628350

5 - @kashi.khan
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628351

6 - @salargilani

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629455
    7 - @vickytulla (ME )
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628353

5th Sept - Left for Khajot PTDC - Attended the MeetUP and Continued to Mansehra and made a night stay there.
    6th Sept - Reached Chillas and made a night stay there.
    7th Sept - Reached Rama and made a night stay there at PWD Rest House
    8th Sept - Reached Chashma/ Chilum Chowki stayed on the road side shelter.
    9th Sept - Reached Deosai wandered whole day and reached Skardu and stayed night there.
    10th Sept - Went to Shiggar Valley and came back to Jaglot and stayed for night there.
    11th Sept - Came Back to Balakot and stay night there
    12th Sept - Came Back to Lahore
    13th Sept - Lambi tan kay neend pori ki..
    14th Sept - While going to Office totally hating the Diesal engulfed Lahori Roads.

Few Snaps:

Shoesar Lake
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628358

Marmot Alarming others on our arrival:
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628359

Rama Lake:
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628356

The AMAZING KKH:
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628355

The Killer Mountains - Nanga Parbat:
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628357

The Lonely Road and 7 Petrol Heads in heaven:
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628354

I will be sharing the route and locations which we visited / missed, it was an adventure of a life time, but it wasn't enough, I will be heading there again and again... that place way more beautiful then I actually anticipated, and I know it will call us again and again...

It was like to much beauty ... this time we even took less pictures and gazed towards Allah creation more, because you keep staring at the scenic beauty but you cant get enough and don't get bored easily.

InshAllah Allah nay zindagi or moka de, har saal North jaien ***.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Attended - PTDC Khajjut All Biker meetup

met many friends and very good Riders there including @d3vil who was the first guy to wellcome us on the event and made us stand all together and took our Arrival picture.
    @d3vil it was amazing management that you guys handled thousand of Riders and Rides altogether in a single day..

met BOB riders on the way too and may other groups..

Found @hidalgo there and it was so nice to meet him for the very first time... and had good Gupshup..

met mukram,Akbar,asad and many cool guys jinko sirf internet per dekha tha.. wahan real men mulakat huwi...

It was an amazing event and some of the rarest and sicked Super rides were there..

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628692Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628693Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628694Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628695Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628696Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628698Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628699Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628700
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We left Khajut a little early becuase our target was to atleast reach Balakot and make our first day end there so we can have a Go HEAD start for our 2nd day run .. so we can sooner cross those areas which we already have visited...

Akbar Sahab from MAP were not very happy to learn that ew are leaving that early he said atleast stay for the speeches.. mene Kaha sir apko mil liya kuch dosot mil gaye bas kafi hai humary liye

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628714

Some where ahead of Nathya Gali
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628715

Rain started to kick in rana saab getting his rain coat out
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628716

It got very cooled as soon as clouds showed up and we put our jackets on
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628717
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628718

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bravo ... Well done guys. Looking forward to experience the journey with your travelogue. Keep it up and stay blessed!
    Just an ordinary guy ... @Mak_pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Pehla Teeka

These days auto markets are flooded with LED type lamps and they look very good and have very strong light, I purchased a pair of U3 type CREE based two Halogen lamps which did not lasted for the first tour..

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628720

The Lens Dropped on the way which was supposed to be sealed beam and the Diode inside got fried... what a waste of money.

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628721

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Dosra Teeka

Dosra Teeka, while climbing the uphill road My trail Chain started to rattle and "KhaRRRaaaaakkk" chain was totalled and bike was free flow....

Every body stopped and I got my head down to fix the chain... @ammarzahid noticed and focused my attention to rear sprocket and I realized that the after market sprocket I am using in rear was not proper flat... (AND it was a really BAD news because I had to travel for next 9 Days and over 2000 kms with the same sprocket... I was too much under pressure for the whole way till we reached hotel because every few minutes there was a kharak from rear sprocket..)

While fixing the chain...
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628722

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628723

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you MakPak.. I hope like the story, the real adventure started on KKH!

Quote Originally Posted by makpak View Post
    Bravo ... Well done guys. Looking forward to experience the journey with your travelogue. Keep it up and stay blessed!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    Thank you MakPak.. I hope like the story, the real adventure started on KKH!
    Indeed. I am glued to the thread One clarification; my LIKE in your 'TEEKA' posts does not mean I enjoyed your misery :p It is in appreciation of your nice narration.
    Just an ordinary guy ... @Mak_pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Unhappy Teesra TEEKA - And the First Day Ended

soon the sunlight was gone and we had to travel the Murre abotabad road in Dark... the road converts to pitch black as there is no street lamps or any thing like that on that road.. and one has to relly tpotally on vehicles own lamps..

I had enough light in combination with One LED Lamp and Main Bike Lamp and I was in the End of the Group so that I can keep track that every body is ahead no body is left behind..

But then catastrophe happened My LED Lamp shut down without any apparent reason after few minutes my Bikes main lamp started to fade ... and I was hardly able to see in front of me...

Now I new I will have to stop or else I might fall of the road as the road has no barriers at many spots also the road is a steep down hill...

So I finally stopped and in a minute a toyota hiace came which was lighting up the road well I instantly started to tail gate it..

after few kilometers I spotted @pirates who actually stopped for me as he noticed that I am no more in his rear view mirror ..

or mene sukh ka sans liya and then from there on I chased pirates (nouman) as he had a big a$$ CB250 Night hawk lamp fitted to his piaggio so he was lighting up the road well..

Allah Allah ker k we were hardly able to reach Mansehra and Booked a room to stay at night..

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628725

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628726

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hahahaha I can understand, dont worry there are many Teekas, miseries, crashes, lost DSLr are comming ahead in story...

Quote Originally Posted by makpak View Post
    Indeed. I am glued to the thread One clarification; my LIKE in your 'TEEKA' posts does not mean I enjoyed your misery :p It is in appreciation of your nice narration.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 2nd Day and My secret Plan to abondon the trip and go home

All night I was very upset because of the bikes behavior, it acted like it did not wanted to go, and I was bit worried that may be its an indirect sign that I should not go..

I mean kabhi chain utar jaye bar bar, raat hui tu teen teen lamps honay k bawajud bhi sari lights 'Kaput' ...

I decided that in morning I will give a through look to tha chain and also to the electronics If I found out that there is some thing not solvable I will let the team go ahead and I will retreat from here because yaha say wapsi asaan hai.. lekin KKH per kaput honay ka matlab total failure hai..

So in the Morning I gave a detailed check up of Sprcoket and all the riders helped me fix it properly, also it came out to us that the lamps were not working becuase that china made U3 light was short circiuting the whole wiring system as soon as I detached it from wiring the whole wiring started to act normal.

So I was all ready to take up the Day ahead... Shuker Allah ka ride did not complained after words

Every body prepping there rides
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628729

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628731

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628732

Meri MarindaaaaAAA!!!
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628734

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Crash Coarse # Crash no 1

We left mansehra early so that we can reach Naran and have breakfast there..

But we absolutly had no idea that what Allah has planned for us....

Just after getting out of Mansehra and where the mountain Climb starts after which Balakot comes... we were going like a breeze...

It started to slowly "RIM Jhim" a little at various spots.. but at on point the rain escalated and we were moving in pairs I over took Salar Sahab and was in middle of Kashif and salar kashif was ahead and salar on my tail.. but due to rain I even over took him and indicated him to stop ..

we stopped under a tree and started pulling out the rain coats and realize Salar did not stopped neather he crossed us.. then where is he ?

We were just talking about him when a local Car came to us yelling that a rider with you guys has fallen...

HOLLY FC*K!!! I was stunned we jumped on bikes and rushed back... on reaching the spot we saw salar sitting on the road side his Prodor100 was kaput from from Beam and handle the Trunk on rear was detached and the carrie has taken the damaged..

DAMN!!!

By this time I first time realised that its been the first time Salar has ever taken the bike to this level of Rising as he belong to a jeepers Clan and has absolutly NO experience on "How to Ride a bike in Mountains" - AND now I was worried..

Becuaes we were not heading to just ordinary mountains.. but we were going into the the most BadA$$ mountain range of the world which sanes no mercy what so ever....

Before the Start of the trip I advised to waer comeplte safe gaurd kit and Salar was lucky that he was wearing the complete Body Kit and was unharmed (Scraches are no Harm to men) ...

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628739

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628740

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628741

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628742

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628743

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    5 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Great start.
    ******************** removed******************
    after seeing your latest post, I thought its better to remove that
    Do it before you die.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

vicky bhi lagta hai is dafa aap k tour ko kisi ki nazar lag gai........... ALLAH Aap Ko Aur Sub Riders Ko Apny Hifz o Aman Main Rekhay
    GO__ HONDA __ GO

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by naseer_jaan View Post
    vicky bhi lagta hai is dafa aap k tour ko kisi ki nazar lag gai........... ALLAH Aap Ko Aur Sub Riders Ko Apny Hifz o Aman Main Rekhay
    Nahi naseer bhai nazar nahi lagi... when you are out in wild.. wild things happen, but if you are prepared enuf that every thing goes fine.

I must qoute here that we all are bunch of ordinary people who just share a passion to ride a bike, we vastly differ in personalities but the one thing in common we have is 'Bardasht' and compromising nature which never leads us to disputes what ever happens we all leave with smiling faces and open hearts...

And I sulute to all the riders jinhoon nay Jugtain liga liga ker Tour ko char chand ligaye rakhay...

Quote Originally Posted by ManMachineAdventure View Post
    Great start.
    ******************** removed******************
    after seeing your latest post, I thought its better to remove that

ha ha ha ha ha ... ab mujhe 'TAJSUS' Rehna hai k kiya tha...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    295 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Before the Start of the trip I advised to waer comeplte safe gaurd kit and Salar was lucky that he was wearing the complete Body Kit and was unharmed (Scraches are no Harm to men) ...

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628739
    True "Scratches No Harm to Men" but to bike out for journey its does make one to worry, but having a team like you all lessens the part to worry for the bike too.

So far warm starting page of the thread - looking forward to see the full journey with detailed captions.

All the best Fellows
    I am only responsible for what I say, not for what you understand..

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    255 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nahi naseer bhai nazar nahi lagi... when you are out in wild.. wild things happen, but if you are prepared enuf that every thing goes fine.

I must qoute here that we all are bunch of ordinary people who just share a passion to ride a bike, we vastly differ in personalities but the one thing in common we have is 'Bardasht' and compromising nature which never leads us to disputes what ever happens we all leave with smiling faces and open hearts...

And I sulute to all the riders jinhoon nay Jugtain liga liga ker Tour ko char chand ligaye rakhay...

ha ha ha ha ha ... ab mujhe 'TAJSUS' Rehna hai k kiya tha...
    Having bardasht is one thing, but tolerating a cheapo is another Khair these things are spice of tour So LED cree lamps are no go

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very sad on bad incidents, well narrated, lovely take off. We always learn a lot from your threads.
    alkandar

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Awesome Dude... Spectacular clicks and of-course SEXY SQUAD you got around
    Don't worry about crashes its usual now.. Didn't you see the video on FB in which am crashing CG near Loralai Thank GOD was wearing proper safety gears, few bruises on palms and knees.

We are also planing longest and strenuous trip to Southern Balochistan, Northern Areas of KPK and AJK in June-2016 InshALLAH.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alkandar View Post
    Very sad on bad incidents, well narrated, lovely take off. We always learn a lot from form threads.
    these are not bad... isay bhi burray crashes face kiya abhi tu story shru hui mansehra aya hai... Deosai tak pohanchty pohanchty bikers bhi puncture ho gaye thay

Quote Originally Posted by Silver_Knife View Post
    Having bardasht is one thing, but tolerating a cheapo is another Khair these things are spice of tour So LED cree lamps are no go
    Shukar Allah pak ka, meray sath abhi tak jitny bhi log chaly unka dil mujsay bara nikla mene khud ko unsay kafi chota mahsoos kiya... men ye kio keh rha hon ye babusar cross kerny k bad story khud batye gee...

Riders with me were way more Humble , down to earth optimistic, problem solving then I ever have been in my life isliye unky sath chalny men mujhe or fakhar mahsoos howa...

Quote Originally Posted by r1 View Post
    Awesome Dude... Spectacular clicks and of-course SEXY SQUAD you got around
    Don't worry about crashes its usual now.. Didn't you see the video on FB in which am crashing CG near Loralai Thank GOD was wearing proper safety gears, few bruises on palms and knees.

We are also planing longest and strenuous trip to Southern Balochistan, Northern Areas of KPK and AJK in June-2016 InshALLAH.

I mostly never miss to play any thing shared on BNation .. but I did not see your high Jump.. please tag me @Silver_Knife

North Balochistan wali videos tu dekhin hai.. south will be hot ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Once again In Balakot

After recovering Salar we reached Balakot gathered together and decided not to stop and just refurl if any and reach Naran in time and have a lunch *** breakfast there and move toward Babusar.

Some Pics just before Balakot
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628800

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628801

On reaching Naran we faced heavy rain fall and we were all soaked wet... so we stopped to our native pit stop the hotel infornt of demanche which offers very nice breakfast.

So snaps from the way.. we were not expecting rain whichle the day was sunny but .. ha ha ha ha ha
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628802

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

User Tag List