876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Crash Course: Visit to Deosai & Rama

Disclaimer: Its a Crash Coarse because we crashed like ever 30 minutes after we entered Baltistan.

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628346

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1635512

Last month I shared a thread to ask professional bike travelers to know if we can visit Deosai and which route would be best bet and we did really got an excellent plan sorted out thanks to PW Senior member who guided is so good.

Beside the Sober riders league The plan attracted to newcomers this time, one was my university mate (kashif khan) and the other guy was @angel82's university mate (Salar) who noticed our "bike only" tours and both were fully geared up to taste it this time.

Every body applied for annual leaves a month before the plan and prapred there rides, as we had very "High Voltage" feedback on the condition of the trek specially in astore and skaurdu from @imranbhatti saahb...

I my self was in the highest stress as I was taking the newly imported Trail for the first time and I was totally uncertain about its quality/stabilty e.t.c..

In the meanwhile we learned that MAP Bikers Club has the Meetup on same date when we will cross Islamabad so we added that to list as well.

Riders:
    1 - @pirates [Nouman]
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628347

2 - @RocketScience [Khurram]
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628348

3 - @ammarzahid [Ammar]
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628349

4 - @mqsdrana [Rana Sahab]
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628350

5 - @kashi.khan
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628351

6 - @salargilani

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629455
    7 - @vickytulla (ME )
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628353

5th Sept - Left for Khajot PTDC - Attended the MeetUP and Continued to Mansehra and made a night stay there.
    6th Sept - Reached Chillas and made a night stay there.
    7th Sept - Reached Rama and made a night stay there at PWD Rest House
    8th Sept - Reached Chashma/ Chilum Chowki stayed on the road side shelter.
    9th Sept - Reached Deosai wandered whole day and reached Skardu and stayed night there.
    10th Sept - Went to Shiggar Valley and came back to Jaglot and stayed for night there.
    11th Sept - Came Back to Balakot and stay night there
    12th Sept - Came Back to Lahore
    13th Sept - Lambi tan kay neend pori ki..
    14th Sept - While going to Office totally hating the Diesal engulfed Lahori Roads.

Few Snaps:

Shoesar Lake
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628358

Marmot Alarming others on our arrival:
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628359

Rama Lake:
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628356

The AMAZING KKH:
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628355

The Killer Mountains - Nanga Parbat:
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628357

The Lonely Road and 7 Petrol Heads in heaven:
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1628354

I will be sharing the route and locations which we visited / missed, it was an adventure of a life time, but it wasn't enough, I will be heading there again and again... that place way more beautiful then I actually anticipated, and I know it will call us again and again...

It was like to much beauty ... this time we even took less pictures and gazed towards Allah creation more, because you keep staring at the scenic beauty but you cant get enough and don't get bored easily.

InshAllah Allah nay zindagi or moka de, har saal North jaien ***.
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salargilani the stuff that you have attached with bike Yes may be troubling bike with balance
    and no matter how good motorcycle is some times if you are in turn and unfortunately some
    thing on road you did not notice and sudden comes it can cause an slip easily a friend of mine
    slipped from little medicine bottle as he while turning his front tyre rolled on bottle

and yeah in your case wet road conditions definitely proved enemy for you

Pridor 100 with weight have issue of grip but that is when some heavy sits as pillion rider
    above 160kg weight its suspension fails to work and you are not good at cornering

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by alkandar View Post
    Happy to heard about performance of YBR......
    The only Bad Part about YBR in whole trip was its pair of Servis Tyres... they were total failure,as it was a "Crash coarse" so @kashi.khan did also droped and slipped at several places always due to lousy road/Offroad grip of tyres...

Quote Originally Posted by IceCold View Post
    Damn, if i had seen this pic early i wouldnt have said "loved the title" This is some serious crash which begs the question was this because the rider was inexperienced as you have mentioned or has to do with the motorcycle itself? I remember people who have kept pridor claim that it slips specially on wet roads. The first pic i believe is also of Pridor fell on the road?
    Well this was not the "Only" serious crash... woh kehty hain na k "Mushkilain itni parien ka asaan hon gaien" ...

It wasnt Pridors fault basically, the bike was giving its best ... but as Salar said it was his first time to takle a two wheeler secondly the tyre were not approapiate ....

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    story telling time finally! keep it going waqar bhai! feel blessed to be part of this story
    @ammarzahid do post pics from your side or upload them to drop box and give me link so I can add them to thread..
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/motorcycle-travel-diaries/277725-sober-riders-visit-khunjerab-adventurous-way-via-nori-pass

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@vickytulla -- Yara i have crashed only once and that was when you and rana were stuck on that deosai terrain

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bilkul bilkul... or rama lake trek per bhi men slip hota rha tha atay howay bhi jatay howay bhi hena ?

Quote Originally Posted by kashi.khan View Post
    @vickytulla -- Yara i have crashed only once and that was when you and rana were stuck on that deosai terrain

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by vickytulla View Post
    bilkul bilkul... or rama lake trek per bhi men slip hota rha tha atay howay bhi jatay howay bhi hena ?
    Dekh bhai slip hona or girnaa dunno alag alag ceezain hain

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

tey hor pashto likhii ? men v tey aho likhya,.... that it was due to Tyres which YBR stock is offering are too lousy in grip... and thats why you slipped mulitple time and offcourse 'Kalabazi we laye' .,.. thanks to Rana Sahab... men choti bike per hota tu mene bhi kalti ho jana tha shuker hai Trail nahi ulti... werna rana sahab nay tu poray plan say dono ko langri dee thee

Quote Originally Posted by kashi.khan View Post
    Dekh bhai slip hona or girnaa dunno alag alag ceezain hain

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Riding Along Astore River and the barren Mountains...

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629496

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629497

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629498

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629499

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629500

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629501

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629502

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629503

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Reaching Rama - Ptdc and PWD

When we arrived at astore Urban area we were guided by locals that Rama is still 12 KM uphill climb behind the current mountain and as we were running out of day light quickly so we movd instantly ...

One thing I must qoute is that as soon as we entered "Baltisitan" the people, there tone, their communication, their attitude towards tourist suddenly become so nice full of gratitude and uhmble, helpful that every body felt it..

on aproaching they would keenly listen to your question and properly guide you and answer the best possible way, and wont leave untill they are sure that we have understood and wave hands on our departure..

PTDC was very expensive and manager was kind of a rude he said you are 7 people I run hotel here not a dormetry max 3 people are allowed in a room no more then that...

We felt that kind of harsh and went to look out for options, and PWD rest House was just infront of it the Manager there was kind enuf to check that if no govt. officer is arriving at rest house and then told us to come in he provided us a VIP room and a Drawing room to sleep.. and then Cooked nice Dinner for us...

That Whole day was full of awesomeness...

No Bike Toppled, No Crash Happened, and was Full of Enjoyment on KKH and then Climbing Upto Astore and Rama
    @RocketScience reaching Astore Junction on KKH:

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629506

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629507

Me Reaching:
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629508

Turning towards astore:
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629509
    @RocketScience apni X factor dikhatay howay
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629510
    @pirates making his presence in Rama
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629511

PWD Rest House
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629512

@Chef of PWD making chapatis for us and telling me story about two BMWs Bikes which came a week ago to them
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629513

Our Bikes Parked in front of Rest House
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629514

Complete Rest House is a Old Cottage made out of Diyar Wood fro bottom to Top ,... and its beautiful
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629515

Temprature on my trail engine, even its a Sunny day!!! holly molly!!!
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629516

The Rest House manager
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629517

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Riding Along Astore River and the barren Mountains...

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629498

Captain Slow & Captain Cool (no tension)

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Good Going brother
    :::: The World Is A Book and Those Who Do Not Travel Read Only One Page ::::

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

And then we had a very Cold all night rainy night - Akheer thand and whole night it was RIM jhim.. and the wooden Roof with Metal Sheet Sang the RimJhim Song whole night and it was so relaxing that its not explainable in words...

It sure was cold... But Barish or uski RIM jhim ki awaz nay mujhe bohut sakoon diye.. or mene @kashi.khan kay cigreete tasli say khatam kiye...

Any body who want to understand how soothing I am talking about then watch this video

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Boht Aalaaaa

Bhai ye clip dikha k jazbaat kharab to mat karo

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default 8th - Sept and an Excellent day for Boys - Rama Lake Rama Glacier - Fairy Land ? OoPS

On 8th-Sept
    We woke up early in the morning and were quite happy that Bikes are behaving well and Weather turned out to be Excellent as well and expecting a superb day out on Rama Jheel.

The PWD manager got us a very nice breakfast and also guided us not to just stale the day on Jheel only but park the bikes there and truck the Mountain ahead which over looks NangaParbot from back side (The side which is unclimbable)..

When we went to our Bike.. @pirates rear tyre was kaput and needed a tube change... @mqsdrana bike was not starting up as it was near to freeze.. lol so we shoed the bikes some sunlight... and mean while @pirates with the help of PWD Manger (he was one hell of a handy man) replece the tube..

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629617

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629618

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629619

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629620

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629621

Finally when all was set up we were ready to roll!!! we left all the lugauge at Rest house becuase, according to riders feed back the Climb is steep and taking lugauge is stupidity as we have to come back any ways..

So we took a flight !!

After around 30 minutes of insanely high climb on a pedestrian trek I saw a water pond against a mountain ridge and stopped there... I new that Engine is full time above its nominal work temprature...

then I looked back and I realised I left the team far behind... I was amazed why are the comming "So slow" ... and then I realised.. I am on a Damn Trail Bike... Its a home of trail bike.. A trail bike on a trail feels no pain..
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629622

Second to arrive was our Mr. Shooter @ammarzahid who was making sure that this is the last tour of his bike by bashing it and hitting it the hardest way possible..
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629623

When the Riders reached they were so happy and proud that they have climbed the extremely high climb on GDs and pridors... They were litterly dancing...
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629628

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629624

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629625

Moment of Joy!!
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629626
    @pirates bringing water to cool down the rides...
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629627

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The track to Rama was a trail of stones hedged path which a jeep could Climb so Its a Nice place to visit and totally recommended..

Finally after a small "Cool Down" stop we started journey again and reached Rama Jheel, its quite a different type of a lake which consumes water from a Glacier on its head and a ridge on the other side which leads to a mountain range towards nanga parbat..

The water in lake was full of bacteria and small insects and there were migratory birds which sure were there to eat those insects...

When we left from Rest House day was fine but as soon as we reached Lake it was started snow falling... and sunlight was gone and weather was getting Cloudy...

The Jheel is completely surrounded by Towers of mountains and it gives a very "Spooky effect" and it couple up with marmot whistling al over the place.. the place is full of marmots..

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629629

The animal shelter of bajara people..
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629630
    @kashi.khan and @mqsdrana
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629631

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629632
    @RocketScience
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629633

Flora
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629634

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629635

Track to Rama Glacier.. Holly molly.. 4 out of 7 guys say No .. but three Nut heads were thinking other wise
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629636

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629637

#rowdy_rathore @pirates
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629638

The Rama Lake (The small dots in lake are Wild Ducks "Mughabi")
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629639

#photo_session boys... Notice that snow fall has started...

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629640

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629641

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629642

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    228 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

what an trip beauty of nature from hot to cold weather amazing sights

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Trekking toward the Glacier

After spending some good time at lake we planned to go ahead... and only 4 people including @salargilani, @ammarzahid, @pirates and @vickytulla agreed others planned to take a chill pill and relax out at lake...

This was one of the best trekking I ever had in my life so far... First we decided to take the bikes to atleast where the animal shelters were but soon realised that the track had like feet or more deep pot holes and stones as big as near 1.5 feet high.... so salr being on CD100 had to park it in midway after he realized that bike will fall... where as me on trial and @ammarzahid on his High tail GS continued...

Trail did not gave a single moment to me where I coud sense that I was loosing control or if the bike will not go ahead it was like "Feeling at home" ..

ammar reved the hell out of GS to follow but after it reached the water wodden bridge the bike become total mess of mud.. I waved at him and advised him not to bash her this hard it will damage and will not go to deosai.. so he stopped finally we towed him out of mud and he parked.

The adventure was Mind Blowing Epic and I have made a Gopro footage of it .. will share it.. you will see Bike Jumpin on Big stones like hell breaked out..

GS parked After Fighting with MUd..
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629643

What an amazing day it was...
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629646

Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629644

Just before treckking towards the glacier..
    Crash Course Visit to Deosai & Rama -1629645

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    102 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After spending some good time at lake we planned to go ahead... and only 3 people including @salargilani, @ammarzahid and @vicktulla agreed others planned to take a chill pill and relax out at lake...
    i was with you guys as well who planned to go ahead

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes four people... Lol.. corrected..

Quote Originally Posted by pirates View Post
    i was with you guys as well who planned to go ahead

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    178 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

while crossing that wooden bridge i was about to fall into the stream under it ;p a lot of close calls on this trip (especially on KKH). but Allah ka shukar hai kuch nai hua

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    876 Post(s)
    Tagged
    31 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well you tried your best to fall or atleast kill the GS150 but i think kisi baray ki duaen kam agye...

@ammarzahid I need pictures from your side... can you put them on drop box and PM me the link or some thing...

Quote Originally Posted by ammarzahid View Post
    while crossing that wooden bridge i was about to fall into the stream under it ;p a lot of close calls on this trip (especially on KKH). but Allah ka shukar hai kuch nai hua

Closed Thread
Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

User Tag List