18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation The wind, bike & heart; Tour de South

Its all about the freedom of life on the road, a personal adventure that leads a biker to the sea shores of Pakistan. This adventure started with passion, hope, fear of unseen and ended giving experiences & memories of good times to be recalled. It also helped me discover myself and taught me lessons to be remembered.
    Some Statistics:
    Days Spent: 18
    Distance traveled: 3842km
    The wind bike & heart Tour de South! -1653187The wind bike & heart Tour de South! -1653188

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Last year on 17th January I started my journey from Multan towards Karachi. Pic taken at 3:24:14 Am. Started as early as possible because aim was to reach Hyderabad in a day.
    The wind bike & heart Tour de South! -1653189

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

:sly: hopefully an other good thread is about to start.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It was a foggy night/early morning.
    The wind bike & heart Tour de South! -1653190

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dense fog, visibilty was approaching near to zero and it was real tough to ride.
    The wind bike & heart Tour de South! -1653191

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Then there came a Sammi Daewoo Express bus which had heavy fog lamps installed at its back giving some visibilty to few yards. I taken it as an opportunity and followed the bus keeping a safe distance. It was not easy to catch the pace of the bus as driver of the bus was driving at 90km/hr but I couldn't have given away the chance I got, so I followed him. It was a real test of my riding skills.
    The wind bike & heart Tour de South! -1653225

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by omar4494 View Post
    :sly: hopefully an other good thread is about to start.
    hope so

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

O great farhan bhai..... i luv to read ur adventure story

Quote Originally Posted by farhan_khetran View Post
    Then there came a Daewoo bus which had heavy fog lamps installed at its back giving some visibilty to few yards. I taken it as an opportunity and followed the bus keeping a safe distance. It was not easy to catch the pace of the bus as driver of the bus was driving at 90km/hr but I couldn't have given away the chance I got, so I followed him. It was a real test of my riding skills.
    The wind bike & heart Tour de South! -1653225

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well done man waiting for more details
    He Who Is Not Courageous Enough To Take Risks Will Accomplish Nothing In Life....!
    Muhammad Ali

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tariq.majeed View Post
    O great farhan bhai..... i luv to read ur adventure story
    thanks

Quote Originally Posted by aks_e_ahmed View Post
    Well done man waiting for more details
    thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After crossing Lodhran and Sutluj River, the bus I was following left the Bahawalpur bypass and went towards Daewoo terminal at old Ahmed pur road, Bahawalpur. Now I had to decide to still follow the bus or take my own way. I am a kind of person who doesn't like to follow anyone/anything unless left with no other option. By checking the fog conditions, I asked myself that whether I could continue at my own and answer was NO. So I also taken that turn behind the bus. Bus was of great help at that time; jahan tak chali chaley chaley chalo.
    Near sabzi mandi turn, when bus turned towards Old chungi Ahmed pur, I found/spotted another bus. A Bilal Daewoo this time which was going towards Rahimyarkhan/Sadiqabad I guess because I was unable to read its destination card behind the wind screen. Only thing I was looking for were Fog lights at back which were installed and working at this bus too. So now I started following it. Lekin is bus ka driver lagta tha pehley koi tyara urata raha tha us ne meri khoob exercise kerwai.

The wind bike & heart Tour de South! -1653317

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By fog, I got remembered an interesting incident. In Lahore, at thokar niaz baig, once I hired a rickshaw for Johar town. It was early morning time(around 5/6am) of severe winters and it was dense fog out there. Many bigger vehicles like Lexus/LCs with heavy fog lamps installed were finding their way out difficult and were on standby on side of the canal road with their parking/hazards lights blinking. The rickshaw driver was going with the max throttle on. I asked him "yar thora side per rook loo ya ahesta chalao" because I was frightened from inside, as I was unable to see anything beyond his windscreen under rickshaw's dim lamp light, and was wondering how he is able to spot the road and ongoing traffic. He said "Paa g tusi fikar hi nah kero sada is road tey gadi chalan da 12 saal da tajarba hai, asi akhan noon band ker k vi chalaye te manzil te pohncha dewangey".
    Apart from joke its realy tough and dangerous to drive/ride in reduced visibility conditions and one should avoid it as much as possible. I had a target in mind to reach at a certain location in that day thats why I started so early in that odd weather, but under that heavy fog I was repenting that I shouldn't have departed that early morning. The bus which I was following sometime did touch approximately 100km/hr and sometime in extreme fog it got its speed reduced to like 40-50km/hr. I think from bahawalpur we had traveled some 45 minute/1 hour or so when suddenly all the lights of my bike's meter went off and its Engine also turned off. I was behind the bus , I was seeing it going away and disappearing in the fog but wasn't able to catch it despite of all my willingness. Apparently my bike had got developed some electrical fault. It was so much fog that for a while I was unable to identify my location on the road, and it was a real danger. I have to get off the road ASAP. By cell phone light, I tried to find the yellow marking on road and finally succeeded to get my bike off the road. It was a sigh of relief for me. I checked the ignition of bike and found that only parking light was working so I turned on the parking light and made bike stand on side stand keeping a sufficient distance from road as danger was that any vehicle can also get off the road and can collide with the bike in that much reduced visibilty.
    I removed the gloves, wore the winter shawl and sat down on a small clay hump beside the road. When I got little relaxed started thinking on possible options. I had doubts that moisture penerated into the open hole of the ignition switch and it did some damage to the electricals. I did some gamics but didn't succeed to rectify the fault. Now I had two options either to call this adventure off and go back home by loading the bike on some carrier OR to proceed by getting it repaired from somewhere. Problem was untill that heavy fog disappears, I was unable to identify the location to tell someone that where I was standing. I got remembered a contact in Ahmed pur east and thought to call him and ask for help. But then I thought that it wouldn't be modest to awake him that early hours. So decided to spend some time sitting on that clay hump and wait for morning time and better visibility. Moazan was giving azan and all I could figure out was that its coming from somewhere near the road from some remote village/locality. I wasn't able to see beyond few feets at that time, not even to the road divider or other side of the dual carriage way.
    Pic taken, almost after an hour, at 7:31 am while my bike is parked and light conditions started to get improved.

The wind bike & heart Tour de South -1656023

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    29 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by farhan_khetran View Post
    Its all about the freedom of life on the road, a personal adventure that leads a biker to the sea shores of Pakistan. This adventure started with passion, hope, fear of unseen and ended giving experiences & memories of good times to be recalled. It also helped me discover myself and taught me lessons to be remembered.
    Some Statistics:
    Days Spent: 18
    Distance traveled: 3842km
    The wind bike & heart Tour de South! -1653187The wind bike & heart Tour de South! -1653188
    Very nice and interesting thread. Waiting for more pictures and detail. Vaisay aap nay tour ki 1st anniversary mana k hi share kerna shuru kiya hai.... :-D

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizwan_mir View Post
    Very nice and interesting thread. Waiting for more pictures and detail. Vaisay aap nay tour ki 1st anniversary mana k hi share kerna shuru kiya hai.... :-D
    Thanks
    G. Rizwan Sb. Intezar ka bhi apna maza hota hai khas ker jab mehboob ka ho. Yeh dekhna bhi darkar tha keh pakwheels per hamarey kitney chahney waley maojod hain

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I then called my contact. He told me that he was in Faisalabad that time. He given me number of his brother and asked me to contact him. I contacted him. His brother asked me to tell him my current location so that he may able to reach me. He said try to identify some famous roadside shop or petrol pump or something prominent so that he can get a clue of my current location. I told him that I get back to you after doing so. I then walked on side of the road dragging the bike with me. A shop type structure passed by but it was closed. Then after walking some 1km distance there came a Shell petrol pump on opposite side of the road. I went there to ask about its location. Sales guy at petrol dispensing unit told me that its London Petroluem some 10-12km short of Ahmed pur. I conveyed the location to my contact's brother. He asked me to wait for him as he is coming. After sometime he appeared on his bike. We went to a nearby roadside mechanic shop but fault was beyond his comprehension and i stopped him from further juggling with wires of my bike. My friend's brother(Rao Sb.) then told me that on Abbasia chowk Ahmed pur I can find some electrician but its at a distance of almost 10km. He said do you have a rope to tow the bike and my answer was no. He told me that I had to hold his hand as he would rode his bike and I would had to follow him while holding his hand. I did so but it was too tiring practice in that cold early morning hours. Somehow we managed to drag the bike to Abbasia Chowk where we find an electrician. His name was Ali Ahmed and he was cars electrician but he said that he can work on bikes too. It was almost 90am when we reached there. He took couple of hours and got rectified the electrical problem of the bike. I was really amazed to see his skills. Wasn't expecting someone so profiecient in his work sitting in a remote area. He even tied the wiring with clips too which normally electrician don't do. I said to him that I even doesn't get satisfied by electrician in major city but your work is exceptional. He then demanded Rs.1000. I said "Ustad g tuadi tareef pehley nahi kerni si".
    Electrician rectifying the fault while Rao Sb standing beside.
    The wind bike & heart Tour de South! -1653352

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

At almost 9:30am Rao Sb. told me that he had to leave for his work/job and offered me to have breakfast with him. I thanked him profoundly for helping me in time of need and said that he should leave for his work as fault has been traced out and it would get rectified soon. He then went. Almost around 11 Am electrician did finish his job by rectifying the wiring. I payed him and started my bike and resumed travelling.
    Pic taken before chowk bahadur.

The wind bike & heart Tour de South -1656024

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The wind bike & heart Tour de South -1656027

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Reached Chowk bahadur, Rahim Yar Khan.The wind bike & heart Tour de South -1653355

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

An other interesting story. Thanks for sharing.
    alkandar

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It were almost 2:46Pm when I reached here. 5 hours of the day had been wasted in that fault of bike plus extra mental and physical fatigue too. I had not slept properly the previous day, so all these things added to the fatigue. Hyderabad was now out of question while Sukkur was reachable but I decided to call the day off and stay in Rahimyar Khan. At turn towards Shahbazpur road, purchased juice/drink from Tuc shop and asked the shop guy to take a pic of me. First he or me mistakenly taken the shadow pic.
    The wind bike & heart Tour de South -1653356

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 69 1231151 ... LastLast

User Tag List