Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
Like Tree229Likes

Thread: Solo Ride to Moola Chotuk, A Hidden Oases in Baluchistan Desert, Khuzdar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Solo Ride to Moola Chotuk, A Hidden Oases in Baluchistan Desert, Khuzdar

A Spur of the Moment Exploration Trip

My Ride: 2012 Suzuki GS 150

Destination: Moola Chotuk
    - A Natural Spring and Waterfall in the Desert of Baluchistan
    Attached Images Attached Images     
    What I Call Adventure .... Some May Call Insanity

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Following are the remaining pictures of that shop and the the people that took pics with me.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

As I rode on I eventually reached the hwy type of smooth paved road where I sped through and reached the main Hwy leading to Quetta. I entered the city of Khuzdar and stopped to ask where I could find a bike mechanic or electrician. I was told to keep on going and when I see a turn with an Eagle I should turn right and then follow that route until I see the shops with bike mechanics.

I did just that and when I reached those shops I began asking around for an electrician. One shop owner asked what I needed an electrician for and I explained that my Lighter Adapter which I installed for charging my mobile has malfunctioned and I needed to check the wiring.

I casually came to the bike and looked at the wiring, pulled on a few wires behind the headlight, found a loose wire and used his tester for a circuit. He then connected it to the lighter adapter and then asked me to check if it was charging.

Indeed it was working fine now. With that I asked how much was his labor charges, he said there were no charges and although I insisted to pay him he refused and just walked away into his shop.

So I thanked him and wished him well and drove on back towards the direction I came. I had passed what seemed like the middle of the city where there were major bus terminals and a hotel above it. I was hungry so I thought I should grab something to eat but when I considered my luggage tied to the back seat I didn't have the energy to untie it. I also didn't want to leave the luggage unattended since I would have to climb to the first floor of the restaurant and the bike would not be visible.

So I began looking for a smaller hotel at ground level in the market and I thought I came across one as it had a large pot over the stove behind a half wall. I saw three men in the rear sitting on a table eating Roti and some sort of salan. I immediately parked my bike and sat down after taking off my jacket, pads and Helmet.

I was immediately greeted with a steel glass with fresh cold water by a young boy. This was the norm in this region, it was without asking.

After I took down the entire glass of water I asked what they had to eat. The boy looked at me confused and said they only had Tea.

I was so disappointed, I had gone through the trouble of undoing my pads, and jacket and just got comfortable in this hot day only to find that there was no food at this hotel although the presentation was that of a dhaba type of restaurant. And the guys behind me were having a meal, not tea. I then realized they must have brought it from a hotel and decided to have their lunch here.

I asked the boy if he could get me a Nan at least and Tea. He agreed and walked away to get me a nan and returned in a few minutes with the Largest Round Nan I had ever seen. He placed it on the table and then got me a cup of tea. I didn't know how to react, there was no way I could eat the entire thing.

In any case I began with the nan and dipped it into to tea and eat the nan while sipping the hot tea. Once the tea was done I had only eaten half of the nan and even that had been a struggle.

I then asked the boy for more water and after I was well hydrated I asked where I could wet my scarves. He took the scarves behind the counter to the tap and ran the tap for a good while before wetting the scarves. He said the water was extremely hot and he had to let it cool down first.

I then got ready and put the scarves over my head and shoulders and noted the time, it was now just past 2 pm.

As I left the tea shop I remembered a line of fruit stands in the market which I had to drive by and decided I should get some fruit in my system as well. But then realized I just had a massive nan, although not the entire nan but by Karachi standards just half of that nan equated to nearly two nans. I still drove by the fruit stands and decided to purchase one banana.

I stopped my bike at one fruit stand and without getting off the bike asked the guy behind the cart what the banana rates were. I swear I thought I heard him say Rs 30. I don't know how they could be so cheap. Oh and the Rs 30 was for a dozen.

I only needed one and could not carry them with me in this heat so I pulled out a Rs 10 note and while handing him the note I said I only needed one banana. He said pick the one you like and so I did but as I tried to put my arm forward to pay him he shook his head indicating he would not take the money. I said please take it as I am purchasing a banana from you. He again refused. I insisted that he is making a living and he should take the money. But this time he just turned his head sideways as if he wasn't listening to me.

I wasn't sure if I should just leave the note on the fruit stand but thought that this might seem offensive to such righteous type of people and decided to just say Salam and wish him well. At that he turned his face forward and and looked in my direction. The pictures below are of that center of town where the bus terminal was along with the fruit stands. It was a small town center.

I peeled the banana and eat it right there while noticing a small wooden crate sitting on the side with rubbish in it so I tossed the peel in that crate as I didn't want to throw it on the street anywhere.

I then drove back to the very same PSO pump where I had refueled the day before and met with Ghulam Ali.

He refueled my Bike and we had a short chat about my experience at the Moola Spring. As it was the peak of the afternoon heat I did not stay long and we simply said our farewells in a respectful way and I drove on towards Karachi.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It must have been past 2:30 pm when I departed from Khuzdar on my way back to Karachi.

After passing Wadh, some 60 km from Khuzdar I began noticing a lot of nice scenery along the beautifully smooth highway which I had missed the day before since it was still dark when I was driving in this direction.

I stopped to take a few pics here and there.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Although I made a few stops to take down some water which I had carried with me in the bag and found that it wasn't all that cold and drinkable. I knew that as the clock struck 4 it would be a bit more tolerable weather.

But if you can notice from the images above, it began getting cloudy which was such a relief. In now way did that mean cool temperatures but it gave relief from the afternoon heat under the sun.

I kept on riding while listening some great music on my mobile which was now in the process of being charged because the lighter adapter was working perfectly.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By about 6 pm I think it was, when I was nearing Bela and thought this is where I should stop for a nice cup of Tea. I really needed a break and had planned on stopping in Bela, in Winder and then straight to Karachi.

I stopped at a road side hotel with a large parking which at the moment was empty. I pulled the bike right up to the seating area and noticed just three to four individuals sitting there. I took the empty spot and undid my pads, jacket and helmet and requested some water.

For the first time I realized I had to ask for water. He asked if I wanted a bottle of a jug. I said bottled water so he went to get me some water. I decided this was the time to get a decent meal so I asked what they had. As you hear from these types of restaurants they have a lengthy list of menu memorized and they just run down the list of items they have. I stopped him immediately and asked if they had any biryani or pulaw. He said they have rice. I asked if it had chicken and he said you can get it plain or with a piece or two.

I told him to just bring me a plate of rice with one piece of chicken.

Soon the rice came with a bbq chicken which had to have been prepared some hours back. It was warm so that didn't matter and I just began eating.

Soon enough I bus pulled into the parking coming in from Quetta side, and the boy at the restaurant ran to the kitchen yelling "Chai ! Chai ! Chai ! "

I realized then that he was giving a heads up to the kitchen to prepare tea for the Bus passengers who would most certainly have tea.

The bus pulled over just in front and the door opened. Men one by one starting coming out, some just standing outside the door and stretching their arms and twisting their waste.

Others just kept walking towards the washroom and then a few just came and sat in the sitting area.

I kept eating and noticed one of the bus attendants walk over to one side of the restaurant and pull a long hose and dragged it to the bus. He opened a side cover of the bus at the rear and the AC radiator was clearly visible. He yelled something to the side and I suppose someone must have turned on the water. He started spraying water onto the radiator and the area around it.

By then some more people came and sat to have tea.

I finished my rice and chicken piece and ordered Tea. By the time my tea came the bus was almost boarded and they were about to head out.

Soon the bus left and I began sipping my tea.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zabardast Sulaiman Bhai, I don't have problem with night riding

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Sulaiman75 bro, its again nice write up.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nice pics

Sent from my SGH-T889 using PW Forums mobile app

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Amazing trip.
    Speed costs money, how fast can you afford to go.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Once I was done with my Tea I paid the bill and began to get ready with my jacket and pads, but now the weather had cooled down due to the continuous shade of the Sun so I felt no need to put on the wet scarves over my head.

The rest of the ride to Zero Point was plain and simple except for one close call.

I was slowing down each time a Bus or Truck came from the other direction because they would have powerful lights blaring in my face with no concern for safety of oncoming traffic. When their powerful headlight would shine in my face I could not see the road ahead me.

During one such incident a Bus passed me for which I slowed down due to lack of visibility ahead. But as soon as it passed the road ahead was suddenly visible and out of my left some 50 meters ahead a camel appeared to have begun crossing the road. Behind me not too far a Suzuki Bolan was following who I thought may not see this camel as I was in thier view.

The camel had begun to cross the road, I was still too fast to stop yet fast enough to steer clear to the right as far as possible into the opposite side of the road which was now empty and cleared the camel by quite a distance.

When I looked behind me in the side mirror the Suzuki also follwed me into the oppsite side of the road and I though they must have barely avoiding the camel. Actually, I could not see the camel and uncertain wheter the camel had retreated to the side of the road, but I knew that the Suzuki had clearly passed the camel in the same manner that I had.

I suppose from this it goes to show that night driving has its risks, but in my view night driving is a whole lot safer than day driving simply due to the fact that there is much less traffic on the road at night. Naturally, one has to have the patience to slow down in such inidents until one has a clear view ahead.

The rest of the ride was peaceful and I decided along the way that I would stop at Winder for another cup of Tea, a short break to give my back and legs a breaks for much blood circulation.

When I stopped at a restaurant some 3 km past Winder there were at least 8 Coasters already parked there along with many other cars indicating that the crowd from Kund Malir had stopped here as well.

The place was crowded and the waiters were running about getting orders met. I flagged down one waiter and asked for Tea, he shook his head and walked on.

Some 15 minutes of wait and there was no sign of tea being served although that waiter amongst others kept bringing roti and some salan to the orders that had been placed so I stopped another waiter and asked him for tea. He obliged and within a minute he brought the tea. Right then I decided to pay him since I knew trying to get a hold of him later when I was done would be again a challenge.

I soon finished my tea while looking at the activities of the people walking around, many just guys and yet some families as well. It was really crowded.

I then got ready and mounted my bike for the last leg of the trip, and just after midnight I reached home with the reserve turned on which came on just after Hub.

The Trip had been completed with a lot of challenges but even more Adventure and Fun.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

True adventure showing a lot of courage. You are a true inspiration for all of us.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for your generous words of encouragement.

I would hope that others also take the leap of faith and explore whether with someone or even alone.

I always welcome explorers on bikes to join me on my ventures

Regards,

Sulaiman

Quote Originally Posted by malik1811 View Post
    True adventure showing a lot of courage. You are a true inspiration for all of us.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you Vaqas

Quote Originally Posted by Vaqas1 View Post
    Amazing trip.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for appreciating Salman

Quote Originally Posted by salman.adilsiddiqui View Post
    Nice pics

Sent from my SGH-T889 using PW Forums mobile app

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am glad you enjoyed it Mujtaba

Quote Originally Posted by mujtabakhan View Post
    @Sulaiman75 bro, its again nice wrote up.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I got goosebumps after reading that. Although going alone can increase the vulnerabilities but what you experienced in those two days are worth it. ​A true inspiration for all of us.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    93 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you for your words of encouragement

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alhamdulillah, for your safely completing the trip.

Your journey is indeed inspirational and details provided are quite informative.

Bless you!
    Just an ordinary guy ... @Mak_pk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    231 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well done sulaiman bhai once again you rocks thumbs up
    He Who Is Not Courageous Enough To Take Risks Will Accomplish Nothing In Life....!
    Muhammad Ali

r1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    187 Post(s)
    Tagged
    11 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Awesome trip Sir Ji..
    We have planned Moola Chutok right after Eid.
    Dream is not that which you see while sleeping it is something that does not let you sleep.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

User Tag List