22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu

Aslam u Alaikum ... plan was to go on the big tour first time on Bike... and it was planned one year back when we came back from Khajut Bikers event...

plan was to Visit Deosai and Skardu along with the surrounding areas ...

but as the time was passing many of us were not sure whether they can carry on with the plan or not... debate was how many days we need to cover Deosai, Rama, Rupal, etc and Skardu, Khaplu and Shigar ... and it concluded that we shud get minimum 9-10 days for the tour.

the figure of 9-10 days were little difficult for many.. as i didnt wanted to do this in hurry... so holidays for me was never been a problem... but few problems at home hindering me.

we arranged many meetups from May to July ... and as usual at start, seven of our friends were interested and wen we done with a meeting after Eid .. numbers came down to three ... excluding me as well as my mother was out of country and things at home not looking good at all...

Plan was :
    day 1:
    23 July departure from Lahore and Reach Balakot or Paras
    day 2:
    24 July departure from Balakot or Paras to Reach Astore
    Day 3:
    explore Rama, and Rupal sides and stay at Astore or Rama Meadows
    Day4:
    Visit Deosai, And there surrounding Lakes and Reach Skardu
    Day 5:
    Visit Surrounding Lakes at Skardu and Stay at Skardu
    Day 6:
    Visit Khaplu and Shigar and Come Bk to Skardu
    Day 7:
    Return to Jaglot from Skardu
    Day 8:
    reach Balakot or Nathiya gali
    Day 9:
    reach lahore ...

one day was kept as reserve so that in any mishaps we can adjust.

this plan was finalized on fourth day of Eid ... and there are 20 odds days left to get on with it..

Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now after Nashta at Muzafrabad... we are moving toward Khunjrab Border ... and that was the main target to reach Khunjrab ... so we were little relaxed as we had first small target to cross Gitidaas Check post before Babusar Top before 4:30pm ...

so buckle up started our journey at 9:30 am toward Naraan Valley via garhi Habib ullah ... as we covered few kms from Muzafarabad ... we reached Landslide area and it was huge... glad we didnt attempted it at last night ... we took pics from there ... and it was famous spot for pics as well ...

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - fc1e3b8a27dbb33310e4e2f4a814d0fd

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - a340dbf84e65d1bb51d19981e1ec0800

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - cca0f3d53441cf5d8d662d8186895133

Sent from my HUAWEI G610-U20 using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now after crossing Garhi Habib Ullah we safely reached Balakot and before balakot we stayed at river side for pics again.. Ut was very besutiful n fresh side ..

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 366d6c3946a4dc3f09be58d49522bf50

Sent from my Infinix-X600-LTE using Tapatalk

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After Crossing Garhi Habib Ullah and Balakot we did fuel top up and continue till we reach one pathetic stop... At Paras where people were having fun in side kunhar river side.. And Pathetic pakora shops....

Worst thing abt this place is that the food quality is pathetic... And by thr time reach naran... We were having stomach problems.... We did get our medicines with us and had one Intemizole ds one each and continue our journey ...

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 9e8c18051a5f61f96c17908fea584ac4

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 1701081ce43da2be87624d593064bc6d

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 66fb200459f344af5ad2511f091af207

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - de455572c8ca33bbc89e1d40d13d7cb9

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 64448f176ff124ac8d105bf0b19a60ad

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 24c703aacdaf1b62bc66c02084b9be97

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When we reach naraan it was jam packed there decided to opt bypass road and go straight to jalkhad or Lulusar laje without stopping ... But two of our riders stuck at traffic on naran bypass road and we had to make a stop just after naran.. Whrr mobile signals r there and had a call to ask abt thr location...
    Being now a commercial spot, naran is not recommended in season for stay n spend ur holidays... Hotels r way to expensive .... Plus food is also expensive and on top of that there u have to face shortage of fuel and other things... Naran is mostly now taken over by Rawalpindi and other city hotels owner who r charging very high rates for the local tourists.

Cleansing and sanitation is also bad as they dont try to keep the region clean...

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 45da3260528d7f7e1ec8c09483e10189

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - b98d7ad09abcb38574658cb3f388db35

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 54faa67f2293ecec1872a8595c7e4f82

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 4bca22b408432a7c957e8f0bccea6ebe

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - f55ff6c840c6d3cb2737ddbb4c729f7d

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

While we were at naraan exit... It ws almost 3:30 and we had to reach Gitidas check post before 4:30 to 50 in order to cross babusar top and reach chilas atleast ... So very few clicks from naraan till we reach gitidas ...

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 7ca3c7b3b963e1e75f06c94334f912eb

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 8d42bcdfee07b47967e46ae890fd1cd0

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

We then continue toward gitidas.... And whrn we reach at Lulusar lake... I was not feeling well at that time... I ws very down.. But didnt let other know how i ws feeling...

I kept on moving.. After reaching gitidas i stop and took some clicks... Few cyclists coming from babusar top and they were pakistanis... I was very amazed..

I didnt halted there way and just took some pics...

Later wen i uploaded in Critical Mass Lahore .. A cycling group i found out they came all the way from Kashgar to That point... They were students and came here on holidays and then they shared lots of things with us on FB.

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 301b65ee4bc14d6d326056c7ec5ddc95

Few more till gitidas..

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 68ff6316d5e3bc745eb97d95478c347c

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - f3a43dac35fdb80faabc1d929b2c6dd1

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 35fdd468fe2fbadb4103697c8f5ca19d

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 4b64d5e7d5c5e2c9242f7b067f944a92

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 420c38084f54fc806d40ae3496735f85

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

From Gitidas till Babusar Top i ws and under lots of stress ... Head was at its peak and got stomach problem as well so i rode till babusar very slow.... Due to headache i was not able to ride the bike on better speed ... I ws control due to wich i dropped the speed... Plus i ws having 17T sprocket on front as well and that was also pinching me ... I didnt find time to change it wen i ws in Lahore.... So slow down and climbed up slowly to have a better control..

After i reach at top i took tea and Eggs so that i can have a medicine.. I told there that i am feeling well .. Was shivering... But after taking medicines thing settlled down and i took pics and had a rest at Top.. All others were roaming around... And taking pics...

Nanga Parbat was visible wen we reached that but after few mins.. Clouds gathered and it was about to drizzle...

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 52aa69fc3402e260e04292232581c1a5

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bad health was very much visible....

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 8d742064c3b2fba934ef15454dcb367b

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After the cloudy n bad weather i told others to get going... As i ws feeling better after taking medicines....

I took charge and went down.. I rode till Babusar village wich is at the bottom of steep in rain ... And had a cup of tea again there ... It was now pitch black as clouds were hiding the stars back and there was hardly any light and electricity available there .....

There we meet one Group of people who were traveling on the same route and last time we met at Batakundi and before that at Muzafarabad....

Had some chit chat with them and then marched toward chillas...

It ws extremely hot at chillas village...and we then decided to have a dinner...

After pait poojaa phr kam doja factor....

We decided to march toward gilgit...

Calculated that its only 148 kms from Chillas :-D so we can do this...

It ws 10:15pm at night... We. Didnt had the tea so stop just before Raikot bridge at Truck hotel... And had tea.... Now it was 11:30pm...

Now hassan bhia told us... Once wen they reached Gilgit after 120... They didnt get any hotel room and they had to sleep in thr jeep ..
    This was a disturbing thing.. But we kept moving...

On the way toward Jaglot... Near tatta pani.... We tangled with dozen of wild dogs... And we were riding the bike like cracy.... It was dirt riding... Motocross kind of ride till we reached raikot bridge... It ws damn run and craziest ride in dirt.... All i can see was dirt and dogs barking at us...

Khair kartay kartay we reached Finest KKH and we again got mad....

Rode the bike in a trance.... Riding on KKK in pitch black dark.... Having V3 handfree bluetooth dvice in my helmet put me on some magical spell....

Got few tracks... Running and speeding into KKH curves... It ws all in trance till we reach jaglot... There was again one truck n manji hotel.. We decided not to ride anymore and stay there....
    Mgr kahan janab.... Likha kuch aur hi thaaa...

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 1307facfea7874ae6b02eca099ae63a8

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 1800bebb3f6ddd9a98785050686170a2

Buss after these pics.... Aik empty murghi wala truck came there wen we were abt to book 4 chaaar pai... And it ws tooooo much smelly....

Sab nay aik dosray ki taraf dekha and went to say.... Chalo bhaii no way we can stay here now... Lets go to gilgit ...

And we started riding again and reach till parri wich is only 41 km from gilgit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    284 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ahaha empty murghi wala truck chased you from Lahore and found u on KKH... gotcha haha.
    https://www.facebook.com/groups/SoberRiders/

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by angel82 View Post
    ahaha empty murghi wala truck chased you from Lahore and found u on KKH... gotcha haha.
    Hahahahahhaha seriously... It ws spontaneous response.. Lets get out of here.... Itni smell kay na pochain

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

By the time we reach Parri ... It ws pitch black..... Time was around 10pm and we only had an idea that we r 50km away from Gilgit but everyone of us were not in a good shape... So we stop at Police check Post and asked them ... Is there any place to sleep for a night...

They asked... Bhai kahan say arahay hoo... We said... Lahore say ... I mean muzaffarabad say... Yani aye tu lahore say par aik raat muzafarabad ruk kar aye... The person smiled.... Haan jii kiun nahi... Ap idhar pichaye corridor hai... Wahan so jain...dari bichaa daitay hain...

So looked thr and decided to avail dat....

Bhai neend ai ho tu pathron par b neend ajati hai...

Mgr as usual Hasan bhai was on task... He saw a small mosque... Yaaaar... Yeh masjid main so jatay hain....

So moved inside masjid .... Unloaded few of our bags... And fell on the floor....

Kuch hi dair baad... Hassan bhai and Masood bhai were having competition of snoaring... Kharatay were on the top of thr volume ...

Masjid main is liay soay kay subha fajar par koi n koi utha day gaa.... Mgr lagta yeh thaa jab subha uthay kay koi aya hi nahi.... Aur na kisi nay jagaya...

Aur makhiyun nay jagaya...

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 3b0581175604b0e00bc56c0ecee77215

This was the view i walked out ...

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 488260d4b44ef5f32f2db179ddafd91a

Few more clicks there at pari...

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 3ceec53ead43344451a070bd2d1b521e

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 8b2d1cf60c14d1d9ff6ce5e64b4dfded

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 02b94530a494129cc5123068554e0510

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

When started our packing tu aik Allah ka banda... He came and said ap logon nay kahien nahi janaa ap rukain....

We asked kiun bhaiii...

He : nashta kiyeay beghair ap nahi jain gaye.... Main aya buss doudh lay kar... Gilgit say....

We : hain.. giglit kitni dur hai yahan say....

He : Buss 10min drive hai....

And we were hain.. 50km in 10mins and he was on cg125 ... Us ko hum nay bara samjhaya kay bhai apki bari beharbani... Hum Gilgit hi ja rahay hain.. and will have breakfast there... Dnt worry bari mushkil say us nay mana...

Phr we left pari at 8 ... And reach gilgit at 9:15 ... Itna safar hum raat ko nahi kar saktay hain... Aur us din main Allah kay mehmaan banay...

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 82dd3b71c6433a40d3ec9f95f30c3bcd

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - fdbe0cb02a15a7729ab94bb97bd44d49

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Very Nice Pictures and well Narration.
    alkandar

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa
    Started reading this thread last night at 2:30 am and when i finished it reading time was 3:45 am
    What a great trip
    Very well narrated
    I request you to please continue posting as soon as you get time because i just checked twice this thread since morning for new updates

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by nousher101 View Post
    Aoa
    Started reading this thread last night at 2:30 am and when i finished it reading time was 3:45 am
    What a great trip
    Very well narrated
    I request you to please continue posting as soon as you get time because i just checked twice this thread since morning for new updates

Sent from my iPhone using PW Forums
    Will b updated ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After we say bye to those police men at parri ... We started our ride to Gilgit... Till gilgit we dnt know whr wud b the next night stay and destination....

We usually plan it on the table of Breakfast so we were moving toward gilgit ...

After we reach gilgit we went straight to Jamal Hotel wich is very famous and old hotel.... It was hot in Gilgit so everyone was looking for fresh water....

Jamal hotel had a very good dinning hall... We went there and had breakfast and there decided not to stay here ... As it ws very hot ... So planed a night stay at Naltar....

Naltar was also not in our checklist so we then checked if we can go thr on jeeps or on bikes... Finally after filling our tummies ... Naltar was on...

Till we all finished with breakfast ... Hasan bhai and i ws in streets on Gilgit finding hotel rooms just in case if we can come bk from naltar here in gilgit again so we shud have the room arranged...

Rooms ka nai samajh aya... But hasan bhai started searching "Mamtu" ....aur meri bala janay yeh "Mamtu" kia haii...

All i know ws .. it is something related to gilgit and its a eatable ....
    Mgr jab aya tu wah... It ws treat to eat....

Stomach was not in good condition due to that Paras Pakoras....

Mgr Mamtu khaye aur Mazay say khaye...

After finishing it .. went to Old Gilgit tourist bazar... And then turned toward River side and went onto Old Gilgit Nomal road....

Few clicks at Gilgit ...
    Hotel parking area
    Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 99f43a8d3afacaf21bbac00fbe38f3b3

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 08f1584ba647019a065813c2834c7428

At gilgit River
    Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 5eb217805a0a239299c0d9998aeb670f

Road toward Nomal and Naltar

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - f65e2c1fb069c627737ee1128ec67b48

Road toward Naltar and Nomal
    Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 1daeb3059f07abaf2aecec8eb162a63e

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now wen we reach Naltar check post... Policemen told us ... It will take 1.5 hours to reach Naltar village .. ab hum khush thay chalo... We will get thr on time...

We left gilgit at 11:30 and we reach thr at 12:30 ... In one hour...

We targeted to reach naltar village in next 2 hours and but there was something diffrrent coming ahead....

As soon as we reach hydro power plant before naltar village... I started to struggle to ascend ....

O teri khair... I havent changed the cruising sprocket 17T from front..... And due to wich i was giving problem while climbing up... It was step ascend from that point.... and biggest mistake we done... I exchanged bike thr with bilal...

And we messed up with it...

Hasan bhai and Masood they were ahead and out of sight....

I had the 15T stock with me... I had many things wich were bought but yet to reolace for touring ... And this was one of them... As u know i installed usb charged at chakri chowk near gojar khan....

Now we come down to hydro plant village... And started changing the sprocket .... It took us one hour to repalce that... And by the time we r busy in same.... Masood bhai and hassan came down in search of us....

They were worried... But after seeing us.. they were relaxed...

We changed the sprocket and then started our journey... Now it was 3:15... And we were at Hydro plant village...

Steap was not anticipated by any one of us as only hassan bhai went up there he kept it a secret...

It was thrilling ride till naltar village without any problem ...

Few clicks during ascend till naltar

Near Nomal

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 3fec09134fee59006645ae6b748b7dd7

Near Hydro Plant Naltar

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 8e15f21809ea6121f4481028a311a9f8

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 8a3b38fab8079f0d3c46a124e963b97f

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Few more pics before Naltar

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - dd8aec92bec1cd46b3c7ea5b3ad60147

Finally reach Naltar at 4:15 am and booked two rooms as we were planning to see lakes on the same day and then will b staying thr for a night .... No plan for tomorrow till we sit on breakfast table...

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 1506478c0b131e702a28cdd592845369

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Now after booking rooms.. we unloaded our bikes and decided to go for the Lakes as there was plenty of time left till maghrib....

We rode till Naltar lake...rushing through the trees and water streams... Stuck at two points... One while cross naltar river stream and once near glacier fall... Both are not recommended to be cross after 3-4pm... But we had bad planning and did it .... And wen we reach Naltar it was about sunset ... So took pics and decided to come bk again some other time for camping...

Here are the pics of Naltar lakes

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 267cee679c8d1065af2b2febc82a608e

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - b07bd80bdabde587064d2afca40ed39f

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - 826ffb03c7840d3b402b1b73de40e117

While cross naltar river stream

Perfectly unscripted tour to Deosai, Skardu - b43857eeab789041215b35dc9a4e010a

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

User Tag List