6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Nissan B14 2.0D

Hey there guys. Need your precious advice. I have been looking for sunny 2000-2002 1.4 EGI petrol version. However, I have noticed that most of the cars available for sale are 2.0L diesel versions. I never had a diesel car so if i go for one, there are few questions in my mind.

Are diesel cars economical in fuel consumption?
    What is the overall maintenance cost as compared to petrol ones?
    Are diesel cars a good buy for long-term home use if in good condition?
    What to check in a diesel car when inspecting for a possible buying?

Any other feedback that you guys wanna give in this respect. Also, please let me know about the repute of Nissan Diesel cars. Last but not least, if any one is willing to sale or come across any sunny of above model available for sale, please do let me know on my cell number.

Your feedback for above will be highly appreciated. Thanks in advance. Cheers

@mods: I am sorry if I have posted in wrong section. Please redirect my thread to appropriate place and let me know. Thanks.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the coolant hose is not seen in the picture, its located further to the right lower corner of the picture, the spring you see is just part of the cold start system, when cold the idle is controlled at 900 or 1000 rpm and once hot, the CSD pushes the spring causing the entire series of levers and bell cranks to move to retard timing and also release the rpms to more normal levels. The thing you are looking for is a coolant pipe coming into the CSD

by the picture the pump looks to be timed to beat the CSD function, the mounting ears are nearly at the end of the adjustment
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the coolant hose is not seen in the picture, its located further to the right lower corner of the picture, the spring you see is just part of the cold start system, when cold the idle is controlled at 900 or 1000 rpm and once hot, the CSD pushes the spring causing the entire series of levers and bell cranks to move to retard timing and also release the rpms to more normal levels. The thing you are looking for is a coolant pipe coming into the CSD

by the picture the pump looks to be timed to beat the CSD function, the mounting ears are nearly at the end of the adjustment
    Then where they should be. I could not get hold of dial gauge and that's pretty sad. Also, if i get hold of it, i know no one who could use it to time engine. In the current scenario at least tell me where the mounting ears are supposed to be so that the same can be adjusted. The pipe you are mentioning goes in some where below the pump. What to do with it? Thanks & regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the pipe would have coolant in it, and its supposed to heat up the CSD plunger, the best way is to practice on your spare pump that you have - remove and free it up then pour hot water in the port and the CSD should start to react like a thermostat valve.

For timing adjustment, Do not try to set it by ear or feel, buy a dial gauge with adapter and I believe you yourself would have to work on it.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Dani
    Almost 6 months had gone, you are driving a Nissan diesel car, How is the experience ?? driving pleasure ?? consumption ?? re you missing a CNG car while spending big money on diesel ?? or happy with this car and want to keep it with you ??

To answer these questions is not necessary, I was just planning to buy a diesel car because in low budget i can get a good sedan. how much is difference in consumption of CNG and diesel ??

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by shaizy007 View Post
    @ Dani
    Almost 6 months had gone, you are driving a Nissan diesel car, How is the experience ?? driving pleasure ?? consumption ?? re you missing a CNG car while spending big money on diesel ?? or happy with this car and want to keep it with you ??

To answer these questions is not necessary, I was just planning to buy a diesel car because in low budget i can get a good sedan. how much is difference in consumption of CNG and diesel ??
    Yar sorry for replying late. Way too busy in works around. Any way for your questions; driving pleasure = great (once you become accustomed with how to drive diesel), consumption = ideally it is supposed to fetch 18km/l. I am getting near about 15-16km/l. CNG compared to diesel = My experience is that it gives near about the same km/l or may be better if you drive a CNG car with same CC (2000). I am very happy and would keep it for long insha Allah. I often drive my office pool car, which is Toyota 2.0D 2001 and find my Nissan way better in terms of running, drive, comfort, consumption etc.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Once you get your head around some other engine other than - "TOYETA 2D - 2C deezal" - you'll see how agricultural the 2C is.

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Once you get your head around some other engine other than - "TOYETA 2D - 2C deezal" - you'll see how agricultural the 2C is.
    can you explain the bold part in little detail kindly?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the 2C diesel has all the running refinement of a tractor engine when compared to other diesels.

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the 2C diesel has all the running refinement of a tractor engine when compared to other diesels.
    is it a good thing or bad?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

would you like a tractor engine in your car or something more refined?

2c
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

would you like a tractor engine in your car or something more refined?
    understood
    thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Zulfiar Bhai, Yesterday i replaced diesel filter and fill it up with ATF as you told in an earlier post that it will help cleaning out the diesel pump. The ATF was "warco" brand. After changing the filter, i started the car and let it remain idle for a few minutes with accelerator pressed a lil bit. When i took the car for test drive it started giving terrible jerks in every gear at a certain fixed RPM. I took it to my mechanic (you have met him, if remember) who asked me what i have done and then advances the pump very very slightly. After that jerks are gone. I still don't understand what caused those jerks. Was that due to ATF in diesel filter or otherwise. Please advise. Regards,

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    303 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the pipe would have coolant in it, and its supposed to heat up the CSD plunger, the best way is to practice on your spare pump that you have - remove and free it up then pour hot water in the port and the CSD should start to react like a thermostat valve.

For timing adjustment, Do not try to set it by ear or feel, buy a dial gauge with adapter and I believe you yourself would have to work on it.
    A good friend of mine has timed his CD20 by the book through dial gause, also did the old 2C i have in my 82 corolla. It works wonders if done properly. By properly i mean, other specs (Injectors and Pump pressure mailnly)are in check and are not done the desi way.

A reasonable chinese gauge costs around 5-6K with adaptor.

BUt you have to make sure that CSD is working fine, also it has to be blanked while setting timing by gauge.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dani80pk View Post
    Zulfiar Bhai, Yesterday i replaced diesel filter and fill it up with ATF as you told in an earlier post that it will help cleaning out the diesel pump. The ATF was "warco" brand. After changing the filter, i started the car and let it remain idle for a few minutes with accelerator pressed a lil bit. When i took the car for test drive it started giving terrible jerks in every gear at a certain fixed RPM. I took it to my mechanic (you have met him, if remember) who asked me what i have done and then advances the pump very very slightly. After that jerks are gone. I still don't understand what caused those jerks. Was that due to ATF in diesel filter or otherwise. Please advise. Regards,
    probably your injector pumps hydraulic advance was a bit jammed whith the ATF freed up, and he must have retarded the pump slightly - as too much advance itself leads to mifires and heavy nailing noise.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

probably your injector pumps hydraulic advance was a bit jammed whith the ATF freed up, and he must have retarded the pump slightly - as too much advance itself leads to mifires and heavy nailing noise.
    No- He advances the pump and that too very very slightly. Car is doing fine after that. I will however spare time this weekend and try to get dial gauge with adapter. I remember the shops you told me when u were here. For adapter, do I have to go to only that person behind radio Pakistan building or there is someone else too who can do the job. Thanks & regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yesterday I pulled out the diesel pump of my car, detached the CSD from pump and tried to free it up. Sadly, all efforts to clean/ free it goes in vain and i am still left will a stuck CSD means always advanced engine no matter at what temperature it is running . What to do now? experts please......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats wrong with the CSD plunger - rusted solid?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

whats wrong with the CSD plunger - rusted solid?
    First there was a lot of garbage in the lines, which was blocking the passage of hot coolant, which i removed. Then poured brake oil to remove rust. Still it is stuck and does not move at all.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It needs very hot temperature to move - its a wax pellet inside like the thermostat valve of the cooling system, its impossible to move the plunger by hand - unless you pour hot water through it, try cleaning it with vinegar or citric acid - they will eat the rust. get some water boiling, put a funnel on the CSD pipe and let the boiling water sit in the funnel, it will heat up the wax pellet inside, causing it to move.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Dani80pk View Post
    First there was a lot of garbage in the lines, which was blocking the passage of hot coolant, which i removed. Then poured brake oil to remove rust. Still it is stuck and does not move at all.

with the engine running - see that you are getting coolant from the lines. - btw now you can also see that the use of coolant here would have helped in keeping those lines clean - not that its your fault or anything but just an eye opener isnt it?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

User Tag List