Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Help required about Datsun B210 A12 Engine

Asalam o Alaikum,

I hope all members are doing well. I have a Datsun B210 1974 model. The car is completely stock. Here are the problems I am facing.

Engine was overhauled some time ago and car has completed around 1100 km. It will be going to the workshop within this week inshaAllah for tuning after run-in period. Engine oil has already been changed.

Problems:

1. Car gives jerks in 1st and 2nd gear. According to me the engine mounts are a little bit soft and the engine vibrates more as compared to before. But the other thing is that the clutch is also a little bit hard. while driving, I feel that the engine is trying too hard to accelerate.

2. About 6 to 7 months ago, the point bases distributor system was changed with the CDI system. CDI system is working great. The problem is that the car is unable to take long self. It is just behaves as battery is down (even we put a brand new battery). On our last visit, the mechanic rotated the distributor a little bit, most probably timing was retarded, and the car was taking long self, by long I mean without any interruption. I need to know the logic behind this behavior.

The engine is not rev happy on idle as well so definitely it needs to be tuned but is there any issue with the timing? why car behaves as battery is down when timing is advanced.

secondly what might be the reason for harder clutch?

I'll tell all the possibilities to the mechanic and it will also help me in future.

regards and thanks in advance.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizi_85 View Post
    Thanks bro .

One more thing. What can be the reason of other problem. During idling, if I press throttle slowly then the RPM increases in a smooth way. But when I press throttle quickly or you can say press it hard, first engine resists to accelerate (just like fuel is not sufficient) and after a couple of seconds, it picks up and the RPM increases rapidly.

Thanks,
    Check the carburetor for proper operation, specially the acceleration pump jet.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by VCheng View Post
    Check the carburetor for proper operation, specially the acceleration pump jet.
    Sorry for my limited knowledge bro! where is this acceleration pump jet located?

As I changed the carburetor during engine overhaul, the current carburetor is equipped with a solenoid type thing (Can't remember its exact name now). I think it blocks the fuel supply when the ignition is turned of and when the ignition is switched to On position, you can hear a click, the pin type thing is pulled back. Can there be a problem with this thing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    434 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by rizi_85 View Post
    Sorry for my limited knowledge bro! where is this acceleration pump jet located?

As I changed the carburetor during engine overhaul, the current carburetor is equipped with a solenoid type thing (Can't remember its exact name now). I think it blocks the fuel supply when the ignition is turned of and when the ignition is switched to On position, you can hear a click, the pin type thing is pulled back. Can there be a problem with this thing.
    That depends on the make and model of the carb.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

a.o.a brother meray pass bi datsun 120y hay kafi arsay sa car kharii hay or ab may chahata hoo kay us ko set karwaroo us kay engine ma probelm hay ap koi mashwara doo because my father want too sale it now but i love that ride very much agar ma us may engine new rakhwao tu kitna karcha hoo ga plz kuch help karoo . ap ki post sa lagta hay kay ap ko kafi experience hay ..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List