0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Nissan Sunny B14 problems

Does anyone know a good mechanic in Faisalabad for Nissan Sunny B14 1.6 litre Engine. Need urgent help

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Actually it has problem of reducing engine oil very quickly. Rings were replaced recently but the problem did not get fixed. Now the mechanic suggests to change some valve in a tube between head cover and exhaust. He says that due to this valve engine oil vapours are passing out through exhaust. I am not sure about his theory so looking for a competitive mechanic

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

buddy tell the exct engine in the car???1.6 carb one????i mean ga16de or ga16ds??
    i live in fsd..
    do share whole detail then i'l b able to guide you!
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks for reply brother. It is Efi version and also has cng. Actually it is with a relative of mine who does not know much about automobiles and is in trouble big time. I plan to go to faisalabad over the weekend to lend him a hand but i do not know about workshops there.
    I would really appreciate if you can guide me to someplace good in faisalbad for this car. Mechanic+electrician+parts.
    Already the car repairs have cost around 30k but he is still facing problems.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hmmmmmmmmm........tricky part!
    look buddy if rings are replaced nd the car still gives smoke then th only reason left behind is tht there is smthing bad seems with the head part.
    u shud go for change of valve,valve seats,valve guides etc etc etc etc...facing.
    nd yup one more thing cn u plz tell tht how many times rings are already replaced???
    is the motor ever overhauled????when previous ring job was done,what was the siz of ring they put in???over sized or the similar one????
    regrding the workshop issue i'l pm u the guy who can sort u out!
    ''Peace is an unstable equilibrium,that can only be preserved by acknowledged supremacy and...equal power.'' ''We give up the fort when there is not a man left to defend it.''

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immad100 View Post
    look buddy if rings are replaced nd the car still gives smoke then th only reason left behind is tht there is smthing bad seems with the head part.
    u shud go for change of valve,valve seats,valve guides etc etc etc etc...facing.
    nd yup one more thing cn u plz tell tht how many times rings are already replaced???
    is the motor ever overhauled????when previous ring job was done,what was the siz of ring they put in???over sized or the similar one????
    Its a nissan engine and it had ring/cylinder wear already - thats hard to swallow. Nissan engines wear like an iron hammer - very very slowly.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@xulfiqar bhai then wht do u think where does the problem lies???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the original problem was with the cylinder head valves/guides/seals - reconditioning the head will cure the problem. Then put in the original thermostat valve if missing and fill with proper coolant, this engine is very hard to bleed air pockets from, so patience is a virtue, bleeding air from any pipe very uptop is the key, and add coolant very slowly so air can actually escape.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ye cheeeez,,,,!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the original problem was with the cylinder head valves/guides/seals - reconditioning the head will cure the problem. Then put in the original thermostat valve if missing and fill with proper coolant, this engine is very hard to bleed air pockets from, so patience is a virtue, bleeding air from any pipe very uptop is the key, and add coolant very slowly so air can actually escape.
    Well the machine has gone through numerous experiments at the hands of multicultural mechanics
    Yes some mechanic removed its thermostat valve and made fans direct because the problem originally started with overheating. Then another mech ( infact his "chota") while trying to adjust tappets broke the cam shaft which was replaced with an old one from a similar engine. After that finally another mechanic went for the ring replacement and repair of water body. now the heat up problem is resolved but oil reduction is still there. As per your suggestion I will now go for Engine head repair- By Engine head overhaul you mean valves/guides/seals and camshafts right ??

And a few more problems

1- the car does not start on petrol mode. On CNG it starts ok. So currently its permanently switched to cng ( bypassing the rocker switch) . We are told by mech's that its fuel pump ( the one near the petrol tank) is faulty.

2- With A/C on the car starts to shiver and shuts off at signals

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by immad100 View Post
    Ok I will look troubleshooting the head part..but need a good mechanic first
    Regarding the rigns and overhaul part.... i am no sure if this is the first time rings were replaced. Car was bought second hand. Also not sure about the size of replaced rings. May be the mechanics can identify these things.

Still waiting for your PM

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    26 Post(s)
    Tagged
    8 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

txt me on 03247713213 i'l reply u nd tell u the mec adres.
    nd buddy i think ur engn is alrdy messd up with series of ovrhaul (if ur head is ok nd still gv smoke).thts y it hs cmpletd its life...but dont loose hopes nd open it up to c wts inside it to look for the cure!
    if aftr opning u get to knw tht its slevs r finishd aftr series of ovrhauls dnt repair it,get a new assembly nd enjoy the ride!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by longdrive View Post
    Well the machine has gone through numerous experiments at the hands of multicultural mechanics
    Yes some mechanic removed its thermostat valve and made fans direct because the problem originally started with overheating. Then another mech ( infact his "chota") while trying to adjust tappets broke the cam shaft which was replaced with an old one from a similar engine. After that finally another mechanic went for the ring replacement and repair of water body. now the heat up problem is resolved but oil reduction is still there. As per your suggestion I will now go for Engine head repair- By Engine head overhaul you mean valves/guides/seals and camshafts right ??

And a few more problems

1- the car does not start on petrol mode. On CNG it starts ok. So currently its permanently switched to cng ( bypassing the rocker switch) . We are told by mech's that its fuel pump ( the one near the petrol tank) is faulty.

2- With A/C on the car starts to shiver and shuts off at signals

the overheating part is because you were probably running it on plain water which blocks the radiator lines, secondly this engine gets airlocked pretty quickly and shows itself as full when infact there are air bubbles trapped in it, proper bleeding procedure for it takes at least half hour, and never use regular green coolant in it, the Nissan green coolant is exactly the same the new toyota red which is a HOAT coolant with no silicates.

Thirdly you mention that the camshaft was replaced, did you replace the respective shims too as the cam and shim wear a pattern together, they rotate while being pressed. If not you might have flat cam now, which is terrible.

lastly direct fan, tstat removed, engine hack job etc, its best that you look for a very decent workshop or buy some diagnostic tools - like an oil pressure gauge and compression tester, check both and then proceed.

To me it seems that you will see some very interesting results, interesting can range from bad valve seals, glazed cylinders or even a plugged breather causing toxic sludge to form and kill your engine.

Nissan engines are very good, and have a great service life, but for some reason they dont in Pakistan.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List