9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help

Gosh.....I've made up a thread now.

Salaam to all Pakwheelers.

The matter began since I got my engine swapped from E series to GA series, i.e. GA15de.

Matter got worse when it did not idle, and almost no help from the local electricians as in case of Nissan, most likely.

Now, where I've hooked up my ECU quite rightly i.e. wired up the start signal, ECU relay, ignition, and start engine wires, still there are some issues, which needs to be addressed.

1. Idle Air Control Valve - Auxiliary Air Control (IACV-ACC) Valve is not working. It has a 5 wire grip as shown below and the manual says that the third terminal of the wire grip must be emitting "battery voltage" i.e. 13 V and it is emitting only 0.1 V +/-. The continuity from the grip to the ECU is ok.

2. The things related to the IACV valve i.e. Steering Wheel Pressure Switch, Air Conditioner, Rear Window Defogger, and Lighting Switch wires are also emitting no current, i.e. they should emit current, but they are showing the same voltage as IACV valve showing i.e. 0.1 V +/-.

3. Electric Load Switch signal wire is also behaving the same. i.e. 0.1 V +/-.

4. Air Conditioner Relay wire is also not emitting current also, i.e. it has to give battery voltage i.e. 11-14 V.

Nissan GA15DE ECU Power Supply circuitry explained at Page 4 in detail.

IACV-Valve Nissan GA15DE Explained at Page 4 in detail for Nissan GA15DE owners without it functioning.

What is the problem ???

I'm attaching a few pics, which might be of help.

The ECU in Question:

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -348965

Ok, here is the pic for an idea of the component I'm talking about.

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -348988

This is the valve in the circle. it has a 5 wire grip infront of it.

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -348989

This 113 Number wire from the ECU is not giving appropriate voltage. It is giving only 0.1 V. Although, I checked the resistance of the valve and it is okay.

The respective four items are also not working, as above mentioned, which when should be on, increase the rpm by IACV valve.

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -348990

This is the diagnostic procedure for IACV as mentioned in the manual. I did the procedure and am stuck with the procedure as mentioned in the Box in front of "B", saying Check the Following: Harness Connectors F4, M40, etc.....

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -348991

success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

did this car originally have a carburettor engine?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Good Going...Lage Raho..........!!

I Know How B***** Wiring Can Get when you can't trace A wire in a messed up jungle loop.....!!!
    try sorting out the wiring of the interior multiplexer in the 2003 + civics and accords or sort out something in a CANBUS - B******** does not compliment it correctly.

I had my own made tools to find them, sometimes had to use radios to find wires in larger vehicles like buses.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    did this car originally have a carburettor engine?
    Yes, this was with carburettor engine 1000 cc.....
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by star2 View Post
    Yes, this was with carburettor engine 1000 cc.....
    Then look for the wire in the engine room, it originally would be switching on a vacuum solenoid, It would be easier that way.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, here's today's update.

Me and my dear friend (i have only 4/5 friends ) Imran Bhatti started to workout today on our car with wiring and our main agenda was:

1. To connect the High/Low Headlight to the Electric Load Switch, so that it raises the rpm when the headlight is on automatically....

2. To find out the way to automatically connect the radiator fans to the ECU.

Ok, first Imran has connected the Diode with High Beam and one with Low beam and then connected both to the ECU wire of Electric Load Switch.

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -354665

Here is a picture, sorry i could not get the naked picture with diode as for a moment I went in to fetch tea and imran and taped it already so could not ask him to open it up again
    Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -354666

Connecting with ECU and checking, well, it worked perfectly.
    Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -354667

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Then look for the wire in the engine room, it originally would be switching on a vacuum solenoid, It would be easier that way.

have a bit tougher query for you!!!!!

To the second part, when we started to find the wiring for the cooling fans, we found out that there is originally two wires posted in the manual for ECU pinout, i.e. high speed cooling fan relay, low speed cooling fan relay, but when i checked, there was only one wire present in my wiring, i.e. of low speed relay, and then Imran discovered that my fans are also single speed, so the high speed fan relay scenario was out of question.

Now, when we tracked down the current system which was operating the cooling fans, we found out that those were operated directly via the Thermstat switch type thing, which I could not remember the exact name of, to explain, two wires were coming out of an elbow underneath which there is supposidly thermostat valve resides.

Ok, from there, the wires were going to relay box, and operating a blue relay, the relay was then operating the fans.

Ok, we figured out that with AC, both fans are on directly when the AC switch is on, else, only one fan operates.

Next, we found out that the fans were operating without the exact temperature reached i.e. when the checked from the wire that was marked in the ECU as "cooling fan relay slow speed", it was not giving current. But when we disconnected both fans and put the AC on and heated the car a bit, it gave 13 volts to the "cooling fan relay slow speed" wire. We turned the fans on and as soon as the engine gets cool, the volts gone, but the current pattern of operating the fans is different. It is operating periodically like when the temperature reaches a bit less half, it starts switching fans on for five seconds, and then shuts, then starts again....

Now, in the wiring diagram of the ECU pinout, the wire for Blower fan Switch and AC Switch gets 0 volts when engine is running and switch is on, so we grounded the both wires and gave the 12 volts to AC relay wire and put that to on, but damn It did not work and did not operate the "cooling fan relay slow speed". Now this is a problem. It should give signal to cooling fan to operate when AC and blower fan switch is on. but it is not. I think we are missing something again.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, here are some pics....

by looking at the pictures keenly now, I figured out that I do gave "ON" signal to Blower Fan Switch and AC Switch to ECU, but did not ground the "Thermister" Wire...hmm....that's why may be I'm missing getting the signal.

Plz Explain.

Ok, here is the master diagram mostly for AC and fan wires....
    Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -354683

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -354684

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -354685

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -354686

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

bara rola pay gaya ey

is wiring key andar to phasta hi jaa raha hoon
    bahir niklon ga to full electrician hoon ga lol

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

according to the scheme the the ECU is supplying controlled ground to the A/C switch ergo only when the ECU sees "short" to positive at the pin 41 (no voltage) - it determines the A/C button has been pushed.

The thermister pin is actually the signal that A/C compressor should power up and should go from the A/C button to the thermistor to the ECU pin 44

The blower pin 45 is common with the supply wire of the A/C pushbutton circuit, but is intercepted in between with a wire to the blower switch - this system also sees short as "system operate command"

The ECU will only out the compressor relay output and the cooling fan output when both "commands" are present and the ECU pin 44 sees signal.

The cooling fan circuit is operating correctly as you mentioned and you have a single speed system

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

according to the scheme the the ECU is supplying controlled ground to the A/C switch ergo only when the ECU sees "short" to positive at the pin 41 (no voltage) - it determines the A/C button has been pushed.

The thermister pin is actually the signal that A/C compressor should power up and should go from the A/C button to the thermistor to the ECU pin 44

The blower pin 45 is common with the supply wire of the A/C pushbutton circuit, but is intercepted in between with a wire to the blower switch - this system also sees short as "system operate command"

The ECU will only out the compressor relay output and the cooling fan output when both "commands" are present and the ECU pin 44 sees signal.

The cooling fan circuit is operating correctly as you mentioned and you have a single speed system
    Just checked and found out that my thermister is the manual type one, not electric. It is a steel wire type.

Now, should i first get the original thermister with wires or can it be bypassed, or can it be operated manually, or what ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have these wires vacant from the ECU lying in my hand.

1. 41 - Air Conditioner Switch
    2. 44 - Thermo Control Amp
    3. 45 - Blower Fan Switch
    4. 9 - Cooling Fan Relay Low Speed
    5. 11 - Air Conditioner Relay

Should I start wiring them up and start it from AC Switch and Blower Fan Switch ?

If there are 3 wires coming out of the AC Switch in the above diagram, would they be the same in real ? means there would be three wires behind the AC button ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ok, here is the good news......

I just connected the three wires, 41, 44 and 45 to the ground, and then connected the one terminal of Multimeter to +12V and the second to the 11 Number Wire, i.e. AC Relay and booom......It gave me the signals hurray. Another success.

Now, the next step would be wire it up.

I also checked the 9 Number wire i.e. Fan Relay Signal and it was also giving me the signals.. so at the moment, everything is in order...

So both Air conditioner Relay and Cooling Fan Relay are giving controlled ground now.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the diagram also shows a mechanical thermistor, which switches 12V - connect it to the A/C pin 41 in the ECU.

you have to disconnect the original A/C wiring from the car

wire the button to the ECU, the original wire going to the A/C relay from the button is supposed to be connected to pin 11.

The cooling fan circuit needs to be routed from the ECU to the relay box under the bonnet.

You should see 2 wires behind the A/C button with the third one buried in the wiring. Trace it out.

Also trace out the common blower wire that goes to the A/C button.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the diagram also shows a mechanical thermistor, which switches 12V - connect it to the A/C pin 41 in the ECU.

you have to disconnect the original A/C wiring from the car

wire the button to the ECU, the original wire going to the A/C relay from the button is supposed to be connected to pin 11.

The cooling fan circuit needs to be routed from the ECU to the relay box under the bonnet.

You should see 2 wires behind the A/C button with the third one buried in the wiring. Trace it out.

Also trace out the common blower wire that goes to the A/C button.

seemingly again two tough tasks Zulfiqar bhai. Anyways, because of rain, i could only fiddle with ECU today. Let's c, i'll open up panel and figure that out, needs day time and sunlight for that.

by the way, you told to disconnect the current wiring setup for AC, how we are supposed to do that, could you elaborate that further plz.......
    for example, where should we start !!!

also, i could not see any wires attached to the thermister.......some part of it is inside that black box, in which i think there is cooling coil.....hmm.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the thermister is the part that would be mounted externally but have its sensor tail in the evaporator cooling coil.

For the wiring, you need to trace back the wiring to a plug and then splice the wiring. write down what you note and then connect it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hello, i need the wiring diagram to locate the ecu pin out to find the wires that power the ECU. Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Hi

Hello star. bro can u explain me in a simplest way how to wire up my head lites with the ECU in order to make the car race up when the lites are put on?at the moment i want to wire up only one section in order to prevent my self from confusion. ur coordination ill help me allot.waiting for ur reply.thanx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can you post the complete wiring diagram for the ga15 de engine please.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can ask you to take the voltages of the Idle Air Control Valve - Auxiliary Air Control (IACV-ACC) Valve 5 wires when AC and headlight are on. I know that the black wire is ground, I just want to know which is for AC and which is for headlights.

Also, if your AC and headlight are both on, does these 2 wires have 12V?
    Planning on just tapping 12v from my previous carb wiring which turns on the vacuum solenoid of the carb.
    TIA

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by badog View Post
    Can ask you to take the voltages of the Idle Air Control Valve - Auxiliary Air Control (IACV-ACC) Valve 5 wires when AC and headlight are on. I know that the black wire is ground, I just want to know which is for AC and which is for headlights.

Also, if your AC and headlight are both on, does these 2 wires have 12V?
    Planning on just tapping 12v from my previous carb wiring which turns on the vacuum solenoid of the carb.
    TIA
    Your AC and Headlights are separately connected to a wire in the ECU called "Electric Load Switch" which when connected/prompted with +12V current automatically operates the IAC Valve and adjust the load.

You have to wire up the IAC valve first, and for that you have to connect the center (Brown) wire of the grip to the ignition signal.

When it gets 12V, it automatically wires up the rest of the wires of IAC valve and your 33 # Wire of Electric Load Switch gets activated as well.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

User Tag List