9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help

Gosh.....I've made up a thread now.

Salaam to all Pakwheelers.

The matter began since I got my engine swapped from E series to GA series, i.e. GA15de.

Matter got worse when it did not idle, and almost no help from the local electricians as in case of Nissan, most likely.

Now, where I've hooked up my ECU quite rightly i.e. wired up the start signal, ECU relay, ignition, and start engine wires, still there are some issues, which needs to be addressed.

1. Idle Air Control Valve - Auxiliary Air Control (IACV-ACC) Valve is not working. It has a 5 wire grip as shown below and the manual says that the third terminal of the wire grip must be emitting "battery voltage" i.e. 13 V and it is emitting only 0.1 V +/-. The continuity from the grip to the ECU is ok.

2. The things related to the IACV valve i.e. Steering Wheel Pressure Switch, Air Conditioner, Rear Window Defogger, and Lighting Switch wires are also emitting no current, i.e. they should emit current, but they are showing the same voltage as IACV valve showing i.e. 0.1 V +/-.

3. Electric Load Switch signal wire is also behaving the same. i.e. 0.1 V +/-.

4. Air Conditioner Relay wire is also not emitting current also, i.e. it has to give battery voltage i.e. 11-14 V.

Nissan GA15DE ECU Power Supply circuitry explained at Page 4 in detail.

IACV-Valve Nissan GA15DE Explained at Page 4 in detail for Nissan GA15DE owners without it functioning.

What is the problem ???

I'm attaching a few pics, which might be of help.

The ECU in Question:

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -348965

Ok, here is the pic for an idea of the component I'm talking about.

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -348988

This is the valve in the circle. it has a 5 wire grip infront of it.

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -348989

This 113 Number wire from the ECU is not giving appropriate voltage. It is giving only 0.1 V. Although, I checked the resistance of the valve and it is okay.

The respective four items are also not working, as above mentioned, which when should be on, increase the rpm by IACV valve.

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -348990

This is the diagnostic procedure for IACV as mentioned in the manual. I did the procedure and am stuck with the procedure as mentioned in the Box in front of "B", saying Check the Following: Harness Connectors F4, M40, etc.....

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -348991

success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear member, I have GA-15 DE engine installed in my Nissan B14, can you plz help me find the ECU Pinout diagram for my engine? thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pjlala3 View Post
    Dear member, I have GA-15 DE engine installed in my Nissan B14, can you plz help me find the ECU Pinout diagram for my engine? thanks
    yeah i do have them.can provide them to u if u need them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Nissan GA15de has got such amazing functions that they are worth it if u enable them. recently enabled the AC system through ECU including AC cut control system which automatically switches off the compressor for about 4 seconds when a person is about to take turns or (rotate wheels) more than 30 degrees in order to remove load from the car and improve pick of the car. em loving it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi. I have been looking for someone who understands Nissan twin cam engines. since its rare and mechanics are not reliable. so thought of signing up here and ask you for assistance.
    I upgraded my 87 sunny from E13 to GA15DE last year. Upgraded my radiator and fans with some newer version aswell. Now it has got 4 wires coming out of each fan with a 4 pin connector. One fan is connected with the a/c. the other one operates directly. the radiator fan assembly has no thermostat or any place to install it. Now winters are about to come. Engines stays cold almost all the time, resulting rpm to stay high since engine is unable to reach the reasonable temperature. Im sure youre getting my point. Rpm has no other idling issues on A/C as i have managed to get the IACV wired. Fuel consumption is good. sensors are working fine. Just want a proper solution for cooling system. I want one fan to be controlled by ECU. The other one only switches on when A/C is turned on. the other operates and needs to be wired correctly. please help me with this. How can i connect or control that fan to work automatically so it could only turn on whenever required and works with both high or low speeds. I got complete wiring with the engine which includes fuse boxes and relays. but didnt install that. ECU wiring has no alteration and installed the way it is. car has its stock fuse box and relays working. How can i make the fan work with the ECU? Or is there any other alternate way to get the fan operated automatically. I would really appreciate if you could help me out with this. I have already wasted alot on local mechanics and they dont know shyt about how ECU and sensors work.
    Thank you

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by djrizwanulhaq View Post
    How can i make the fan work with the ECU? Or is there any other alternate way to get the fan operated automatically. I would really appreciate if you could help me out with this. I have already wasted alot on local mechanics and they dont know shyt about how ECU and sensors work.
    Thank you
    Mainly there is a connection to Fan Relay from Fuse box. That relay is operated by ECU and Fan Switch after thermostat. You need to get your ECU Pinout diagram and find Raidator Fan Switch. After that find fan switch near thermostat housing. If you install jumper in that fan switch connector fans should turn on. Otherwise debug the wiring.
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

this particular engine ecu controls the radiator fan itself by reading the coolant temperature sensor, there is no other independant switch like old Honda systems
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by djrizwanulhaq View Post
    Hi. I have been looking for someone who understands Nissan twin cam engines. since its rare and mechanics are not reliable. so thought of signing up here and ask you for assistance.
    I upgraded my 87 sunny from E13 to GA15DE last year. Upgraded my radiator and fans with some newer version aswell. Now it has got 4 wires coming out of each fan with a 4 pin connector. One fan is connected with the a/c. the other one operates directly. the radiator fan assembly has no thermostat or any place to install it. Now winters are about to come. Engines stays cold almost all the time, resulting rpm to stay high since engine is unable to reach the reasonable temperature. Im sure youre getting my point. Rpm has no other idling issues on A/C as i have managed to get the IACV wired. Fuel consumption is good. sensors are working fine. Just want a proper solution for cooling system. I want one fan to be controlled by ECU. The other one only switches on when A/C is turned on. the other operates and needs to be wired correctly. please help me with this. How can i connect or control that fan to work automatically so it could only turn on whenever required and works with both high or low speeds. I got complete wiring with the engine which includes fuse boxes and relays. but didnt install that. ECU wiring has no alteration and installed the way it is. car has its stock fuse box and relays working. How can i make the fan work with the ECU? Or is there any other alternate way to get the fan operated automatically. I would really appreciate if you could help me out with this. I have already wasted alot on local mechanics and they dont know shyt about how ECU and sensors work.
    Thank you
    So start up first with, you have bought diesel variant radiator fans . Those are dual speed I guess with four wires coming out. As far as I remember, petrol versions are single speed. Nonetheless, these can be used, only not sure if the dual speed purpose will be served through ECU or not.

You have to connect the wire out of ECU for "Cooling Fan Relay" to the Relay in the Fuse Box, which operates the radiator fan. As simple as that. It is a ground signal and will work once the temperature is met. IF you do not have thermostat installed, install that first. Your temperature sensor and temperature needle must be working correctly before proceeding with this.
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the 4 wire fans are two speed - mostly found in the diesel sunnys and a plethora of other nissan sedans including the bluebird, maxima, teana etc.

these are very powerful but also pose a problem if you start the fans at high speed directly from standstill, the amp draw is about 45 amps which can weld the relays closed. The original system never works the high speed directly, it always starts at slow speed then goes to full. This is done to save the wiring and the relays operating it.

You might get a good bargain if you swap these for single speed fans. Because using these with the 1 speed fan control ECU you have wont be useful unless you are in the mood to make a dedicated separate control unit yourself.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    the 4 wire fans are two speed - mostly found in the diesel sunnys and a plethora of other nissan sedans including the bluebird, maxima, teana etc.

these are very powerful but also pose a problem if you start the fans at high speed directly from standstill, the amp draw is about 45 amps which can weld the relays closed. The original system never works the high speed directly, it always starts at slow speed then goes to full. This is done to save the wiring and the relays operating it.

You might get a good bargain if you swap these for single speed fans. Because using these with the 1 speed fan control ECU you have wont be useful unless you are in the mood to make a dedicated separate control unit yourself.
    Thank you guru G for confirming it . Can the single speed (slower one) not be detected from connecting the 2 wires at a time out of four to battery and other two at second time ? May be that way, he can wire it up on slower speed with just two wires... ?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

yes he can but the half speed function of the dual stage fan is about 65% of the single speed fan. The engine may overheat if the front and underbelly plastic shields are missing.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    yes he can but the half speed function of the dual stage fan is about 65% of the single speed fan. The engine may overheat if the front and underbelly plastic shields are missing.
    The problem with that , let me explain you:

When you go to buy radiator from bilal gunj or any scrap market, there are two types available. Single barrell, double barrell, these dual fan speed, diesel variant radiator fans come with double barrell radiator, which the shopkeeper says that it is the best in cooling and bla, bla. All the nose cuts I have seen of B13 in my life, were equipped with single barrell radiator, with original single speed fans, but nobody buys it. It is for 4k and the double barrell double fan speed is for 9k till last month.

I have seen petrol version B14 radiator fans with single speed, but those were very less, don't know why. But since, you demand double barrell radiator, mostly the fans come with it are double speed, and hence all this.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Going for swap GA13 engine in Nissan 1000CC Model 1991-2

Pls guide me what measures should be taken to check correct wiring for GA13 efi for trouble free drive after swap

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Any advise

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by star2 View Post
    The problem with that , let me explain you:

When you go to buy radiator from bilal gunj or any scrap market, there are two types available. Single barrell, double barrell, these dual fan speed, diesel variant radiator fans come with double barrell radiator, which the shopkeeper says that it is the best in cooling and bla, bla. All the nose cuts I have seen of B13 in my life, were equipped with single barrell radiator, with original single speed fans, but nobody buys it. It is for 4k and the double barrell double fan speed is for 9k till last month.

I have seen petrol version B14 radiator fans with single speed, but those were very less, don't know why. But since, you demand double barrell radiator, mostly the fans come with it are double speed, and hence all this.
    The single core radiator is also good for this, and if you choose to buy the double radiator - ask the shop owner to remove the fans and give you the single speed fans - you'll probably get a lower price too.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by star2 View Post
    Thank you guru G for confirming it . Can the single speed (slower one) not be detected from connecting the 2 wires at a time out of four to battery and other two at second time ? May be that way, he can wire it up on slower speed with just two wires... ?
    Yes - 1 pair of wires will run the fan at low speed, But its not that efficient, its mostly used by A/C function or low load cooling, the high speed kicks in when the AC pressure sensor registers high pressure or the engine coolant sensor registers high temperature. One can try to make a timer system of about 5 seconds to energize the high speed fan after the low speed starts.

msm
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Do ecu of ga14de fits grip to grip with ga15de

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

good evening guys yellows is my name i yellows i was searching for for a ga15 ecu wire diagram but had no luck can u guys help me

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thank you so much for this informative thread, star2. Alot of my questions regarding my swap have been answered!

Please have a look at my thread.

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/nis...-good-decision

I swapped a GA15DE engine in my B13 as well. I bought the engine with 'UNCUT' wiring and ECU. But I was soon to realize that many of the wires coming out of the ECU were not connected. It all started when the engine would stall whenever I turned on the A/C. I went through your thread and learned so much. I haven't currently connected the AC and Fan Switch wires, but I have the found out a jugaar way to turn on the FICD Solenoid whenever I turn on the AC.

Anyway, all this got me curious and I was getting scared that my ECU might not be getting all the information of the car it wanted. So I stripped the wire harness and found some 12-14 wires left unattended! :@

I need help wiring everything up. I have used the Pulsar N15 FSM for the engine and Wiring diagrams of B13 to see which wire is for what.

Right now my priority is to connect the Pin 32 to the instrument cluster speedo! The ECU doesn't know what is the vehicle speed!

Starting from left:

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -1595642Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -1595643Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -1595644

Black/Pink Wire: Pin 104 Fuel Pump Relay
    White/Green Wire: Pin 4 ECM Relay
    Green/Black/Pink Dot Wire: Pin 7 Check Conn
    Green/Pink Dot Wire: Pin 10 Radiator Fan Sub Relay
    Dark Green: Pin 11 A/C Relay
    Green/White: Pin14 Check Conn
    White/Light Blue Wire: Pin15 Check Conn
    Green Wire: Pin 23 Check Conn
    Pink/Red: Pin32 Instrument Cluster Speedo
    Red Thick Wire: Pin 33 Fuse D
    Black/Yellow Wire: Pin 34 Fuse N
    Green/Brown/Pink Dot Wire: Pin 35 Neutral Switch
    Light Green/Pink Dot: 41 Dual Pressure Switch
    Pink/White: Pin 43 Power Steering Oil Pressure Switch
    Red/Blue/Pink Dot: Pin 44 Fan Switch?
    Green/Black/Pink Dot: Pin 45 Fan Switch?
    White/Blue Wire: Pin 46 ECM Relay

Check Conn is probably the connector that goes to the diagnostics module that I guess only Nissan dealers have? There is No ECM/ECU relay in my car. I don't know how the electrician went round that. Also, since my car was a diesel, it had a instrument cluster without the tachometer. So I bought one with a tachometer and wired it up myself. Pin 2 of ECU goes to the Tach.

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -1595645Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -1595647

Here is the Old instrument cluster:

Nissan GA15DE ECU Wiring Help -1595646

What I am really having problem with is the speedo. Speedo works, but don't know where to connect pin 32 of the ECU to?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Aoa i know its an old post but i wanted to ask for check engine pin on the Nissan ECU that i can connect to ground or IG to receive error codes on MIL as i have in my Moded Cuore (Mira engine). the car that i have has Z3 ECU written on it i managed to wire up all the connections like AC, Electrical load, Blower, Fuel Pump etc etc but the car is running very rich and weak so i needed the fault codes. If you could send me the manual.
    And as for the engine model ,, its fitted in the car how would i know the difference that its 13de or 15de ??? the Engine Number mentions first 2 as GA15 so i figures it would be GA15DE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

can u provide a complete drawing of connections. that how we will???

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

User Tag List