Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast
Like Tree343Likes

Thread: Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 (B13)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 (B13)

AoA,

Thread update: Swapped the engine with EFI one after wasting double the money on overhaul. Details of swap from page-2

Guys I recently got a Nissan Sunny 1991. Currently it has a carby 1300cc engine, which frequently gives bluish white smoke, particularly, during start ups. Its very generous in eating up the engine oil.

Many have suggested to go for 16 valve twin cam EFI engine. One guy told me that he visited Ahata Mithu a few months ago and got 12 valve engine swapped for 17k, while 16 valve engine was available for around 24K.

Would appreciate if someone can guide me about best engine (I prefer EFI), the prices, the best place to get engine and best workshops to get the Nissan swaps done.

Thanks

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by bilalahm View Post
    The ride would be there for you to inspect and troubleshoot, save the inquiries till then :-)
    I Would Be Waiting For It And Would really Want To Learn Something Out Of It...
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Disconnected the CNG today. That stupid A$$h0le CNG installer had cut all four wires (probably the ones connecting to the injectors, all four carry the same color, Red/Black).

After much effort, I managed to connect three of them (by means of jumper wires, as there was no play in them while passing through pipes). The engine started on petrol without pressing the accelerator.

The wires have been taped, but the connections are not perfect due to extremely limited space. Extreme caution was required to cut to remove the insulation.

Will try to run on very low RPM tomorrow, then see how to put the wires from end to end without any joint in between.

And it will also require the removal of venturi stuff and somehow undo the damage to that MAF pipe.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IsbCap View Post
    Disconnected the CNG today. That stupid A$$h0le CNG installer had cut all four wires (probably the ones connecting to the injectors, all four carry the same color, Red/Black).

After much effort, I managed to connect three of them (by means of jumper wires, as there was no play in them while passing through pipes). The engine started on petrol without pressing the accelerator.

The wires have been taped, but the connections are not perfect due to extremely limited space. Extreme caution was required to cut to remove the insulation.

Will try to run on very low RPM tomorrow, then see how to put the wires from end to end without any joint in between.

And it will also require the removal of venturi stuff and somehow undo the damage to that MAF pipe.
    so sad to hear . I think we had to kill the desi jugaro electition's ufff. ok it seem's he has cutted out the positive ignition connection's of the injector's. there will be no problem if you install some joint's in it just make sure you insulate it with proper PVC tape then the nitto tape to prevent the water and other stuff from entering the joint's plus join the cable's in the sequence of T joint for safty and strenth.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by atta1111 View Post
    so sad to hear . I think we had to kill the desi jugaro electition's ufff. ok it seem's he has cutted out the positive ignition connection's of the injector's. there will be no problem if you install some joint's in it just make sure you insulate it with proper PVC tape then the nitto tape to prevent the water and other stuff from entering the joint's plus join the cable's in the sequence of T joint for safty and strenth.
    Thanks for suggestions. There was literally no room even to remove some insulation off one end of each wire, as these were too close to another grip. Somehow I managed to remove insulation and connect them. Will try to fix them in a better way during the weekends.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for suggestions. There was literally no room even to remove some insulation off one end of each wire, as these were too close to another grip. Somehow I managed to remove insulation and connect them. Will try to fix them in a better way during the weekends.
    ok just do it. but write up all of the problem's detail's and start to fix them one by one leave the wiring at this time just concentrate on the mechanical stuff first because your car engie will not be stopped by the wiring but can cause a huge repair bill because of mechanical failure's example. powersteerig problem's , axcel problem's, fuel supply problem etc so fix them up first.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If you come across a wire that has been cut very close to the connector plug, the only proper way to repair it is to repin the plug so you then have fresh long wire to work with.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Make Solder Iron And Heat Shrink Your Friend.....Say No To Nitto Tape.....!!

Curse On That Person Who Cut Wires So Close which Can't even Be Fixed Again.......!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

The car seemed to be running quite a bit heavy on petrol today. I guess there could be two reasons for this:

1. One injector is not working due to unconnected power supply?
    2. Air blocked partially due to that CNG venturi inside the pipe connected to MAF sensor?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

If Injector Is Not ZFiring....You Will Face Heavy Missing And Unbalanced Idling...!

Choked Air Passage Can Also Make Issues As Readings Gets Effected...Get It Sorted One By One...

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@IsbCap

What are the updates man. How are you feeling now after the CNG guy cut your precious wiring worth more than 10k or so.
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by star2 View Post
    @IsbCap

What are the updates man. How are you feeling now after the CNG guy cut your precious wiring worth more than 10k or so.
    Can I feel any better?

But for me, its 4 wires more, in addition to countless that I'm gonna fix this weekend, IA

Car not running too good on petrol, mainly coz of one missing injector and that CNG air blockage. I don't get enough time for DIYs to fix things properly during working days

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can I feel any better?

But for me, its 4 wires more, in addition to countless that I'm gonna fix this weekend, IA

Car not running too good on petrol, mainly coz of one missing injector and that CNG air blockage. I don't get enough time for DIYs to fix things properly during working days
    Good luck man, looking forward to it. By the way, do the injectors wiring like @Xulfiqar said, like soldering them or pinning them again in the male injector of wiring harness. It is a steel pin, it comes out with some effort. You have to take part the male injector of harness, it consists of two plastic portions as far as I remember. Look out though.
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can I feel any better?

Good luck man, looking forward to it. By the way, do the injectors wiring like @Xulfiqar said, like soldering them or pinning them again in the male injector of wiring harness. It is a steel pin, it comes out with some effort. You have to take part the male injector of harness, it consists of two plastic portions as far as I remember. Look out though.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Pls guide me i am also going for engine swap in B13 1000CC with GA13EFI( Nissan )and what measure should be taken to check proper wiring

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by chevy09 View Post
    Pls guide me i am also going for engine swap in B13 1000CC with GA13EFI( Nissan )and what measure should be taken to check proper wiring
    GA13 is available? Which city you are in?

Regarding wiring, I think you'll have to take care of it yourself after the swap is completed. Those guys will just replace the engine and start it by connecting the instrument wires as it is. From there on, you can do the wiring step by step, taking help from the experts in this forum

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am in Lahore and buy complete Engine + gear +wiring

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    147 Post(s)
    Tagged
    6 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Yes Tape goes off in few days. It is necessary to use shrink sleve and do solder the wires, Few days back when i changed my connectors with fuse box i nearly soldered 40 wires and shrink sleved it, believe it its worth it. If the guy has cut the wire near the plug it is better to pry out the pin and open it with small screwdriver and put the wire again in it. Secondly in CNG Kits there is also two wires for O2 sensor, If you removed the emulator and havent connected the o2 back your engine would run like crap, do you have any check lights ?
    93 Accord CB7 (Sold) / 2005 CL7

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've connected the 4th injector wiring and it is running smooth now. Its still the poorest quality Nitto job, and I guess, I'll have to remove the whole wiring for properly making joints.

One question from experts:

Venturi placed inside the air flow path, meaning it blocks much of the air flow. Now this will increase the petrol consumption or decrease??? Any idea about the mechanism by which MAF signal is related to fuel injection???

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by afnan.bashir View Post
    If you removed the emulator and havent connected the o2 back your engine would run like crap, do you have any check lights ?
    No dear, there wasn't any emulator before and after the $hit installation by that stupid installer. All he did was to cut the 4 injector wires coming from ECU side and connect the CNG one with the 4 wires actually going to the injectors. No relays, no emulators.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@star2

Got the circuit diagram for fuel pump and relay. And got that relay as well. Will try to fit it in today, IA

Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 B13 -1301858

+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 55 FirstFirst ... 19272829303139 ... LastLast

User Tag List