Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast
Results 981 to 1,000 of 1087
Like Tree343Likes

Thread: Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 (B13)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 (B13)

AoA,

Thread update: Swapped the engine with EFI one after wasting double the money on overhaul. Details of swap from page-2

Guys I recently got a Nissan Sunny 1991. Currently it has a carby 1300cc engine, which frequently gives bluish white smoke, particularly, during start ups. Its very generous in eating up the engine oil.

Many have suggested to go for 16 valve twin cam EFI engine. One guy told me that he visited Ahata Mithu a few months ago and got 12 valve engine swapped for 17k, while 16 valve engine was available for around 24K.

Would appreciate if someone can guide me about best engine (I prefer EFI), the prices, the best place to get engine and best workshops to get the Nissan swaps done.

Thanks

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IsbCap View Post
    Some updates

Alhamdulillah, the engine has run perfectly fine for almost three years since installation. Done around 21,000 KM in these three years.

Few DIYs over last month:
    1. Opened the meter multiple times. Found out that fuel gauge inside meter is faulty. Replaced the meter with the same non RPM meter. The new meter had heat gauge faulty .

So opened both meters and swapped the heat gauges. New meter reading is 200,000Km lesser than previous one 2. Installed LED lights / bulbs for meter.
    3. Changed the rear lights with new (almost) ones
    4. Fixed all rear/brake lights by changing burnt bulbs, including the name plate bulbs
    5. Replaced the diggy lock, which had broken earlier. Mapped it with the same ignition key from a lock repairer.
    6. And the biggest one, fixed the AC as the winters approaching . The compressor was lying idle in my store for last three years. But it was declared OK by the installer and put in operation. Cooling perfectly.
    @star2, @dani_kk, @spectra, @SER_GTR
    I have completed translation for each pin and i have a complete diagram now .
    Will be hooking up every sensor and Ac would be connected from ecu along with power steering pressure switch .
    STYLISH BOYZZZ STYLISH ATTITUDE

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SER_GTR, @star2, @dani_kk

Today I connected the ECU Pin 14 with the fan relay to make the fans auto. Waited and waited and waited till the temp needle moved to 3/4th. Then the fans came up for around 20 seconds and turned off again.

Drove 4-5 Km and needle never crossed half way mark. I assume the fans never turned on during this journey.

Now my guess is, thermostat valve is opening slightly before engine reaches its operating temperature. So ECU doesn't switch the fans on.

What you guys say? And how should i calibrate the temp gauge in this situation? (Logically it should be on half when fans are switched ON)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@SER_GTR, @star2, @dani_kk

Today I connected the ECU Pin 14 with the fan relay to make the fans auto. Waited and waited and waited till the temp needle moved to 3/4th. Then the fans came up for around 20 seconds and turned off again.

Drove 4-5 Km and needle never crossed half way mark. I assume the fans never turned on during this journey.

Now my guess is, thermostat valve is opening slightly before engine reaches its operating temperature. So ECU doesn't switch the fans on.

What you guys say? And how should i calibrate the temp gauge in this situation? (Logically it should be on half when fans are switched ON)
    Thermostat Is OEM Or Its Changed To Diff Ones??? Thermostat Usually Open At Desired Temps ...And Then Rest Of Procedure Follow...

Keep Eye On Fan...It Shld Be Running Even For Some Time....If Not Then You Are Not Reaching Optimal Temp....!
    TOYOTA Sprinter 86- AE80 DOHC 20v'D TOYOTA Corolla 98- AE101 4AFE 16v

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SER_GTR View Post
    Thermostat Is OEM Or Its Changed To Diff Ones??? Thermostat Usually Open At Desired Temps ...And Then Rest Of Procedure Follow...

Keep Eye On Fan...It Shld Be Running Even For Some Time....If Not Then You Are Not Reaching Optimal Temp....!
    Thermostat is after market one. And i think it's same as Corolla 98.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alright, went through the manuals, and it seems it's working as it should. Fans operate at temp in excess of 100C at idle, while t-stat should open at 82C.

Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 B13 -1718718Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 B13 -1718719

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Alright, went through the manuals, and it seems it's working as it should. Fans operate at temp in excess of 100C at idle, while t-stat should open at 82C.

Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 B13 -1718718Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 B13 -1718719
    This Is for A/C Cooling Fan Or The Main Cooling Fan.....?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This Is for A/C Cooling Fan Or The Main Cooling Fan.....?
    Main cooling fan, controlled by fan relay. (AC fan is controlled separately by AC relay)

Today checked again after resetting the ECU by disconnecting battery for 10 minutes. Idling for around 10-12 minutes, temp gauge moved to 3/4th when fans turned ON. Water wasn't boiling in the reservoir. So i think it's not overheating and within permissible range. (Though seeing the gauge at 3/4th level doesn't seem like a good scene...!!!)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does N16 radiator with its fan fit in B13?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Your ego is writing cheques, your body can't cash.

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Main cooling fan, controlled by fan relay. (AC fan is controlled separately by AC relay)

Today checked again after resetting the ECU by disconnecting battery for 10 minutes. Idling for around 10-12 minutes, temp gauge moved to 3/4th when fans turned ON. Water wasn't boiling in the reservoir. So i think it's not overheating and within permissible range. (Though seeing the gauge at 3/4th level doesn't seem like a good scene...!!!)
    Change thermostat sensor with Nissan original sensor. I too have this issue with my QG18DE but the culprit was sensor. Now using Suzuki Cultus sensor and it keeps the needle on half instead of 3/4. But my case is different the Speedo is from Toyota Gaya and my temp is on CAN with ECU which is not an easy task so my electrician did a jugaaaarrr and he made a hole near water pump and placed a sensor in it which is directly connected to Speedo. Earlier it was from Rolla/someone else now changed from Guguki... Try changing with OEM sensor and then check.

Sent from my Z12 using Tapatalk

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think You Shld Verify Engine Water temperature Using IR Thermometer Or Some Way(Separate Water Temp Gauge) (When T-Stat Is Open And Water Flows )

This Can Tell You To Worry or Not....! It Can Be A Bad Sensor

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by FBB View Post
    Change thermostat sensor with Nissan original sensor. I too have this issue with my QG18DE but the culprit was sensor. Now using Suzuki Cultus sensor and it keeps the needle on half instead of 3/4.
    I'm afraid you're running the engine below the optimum temperature all the time. Toyota gaya gauge may be calibrated to show halfway mark on 75C. QG's operate at 82C. So when it used to reach 82, the gauge showed 3/4th for you.

I'm not sure at what temperature cultus t-valve opens, but I guess it operates at 75C (The temp value is written on the t-stat itself). If it really operates at 75, your gauge comfortably sits at middle while your engine never reaches optimum temp.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think You Shld Verify Engine Water temperature Using IR Thermometer Or Some Way(Separate Water Temp Gauge) (When T-Stat Is Open And Water Flows )

This Can Tell You To Worry or Not....! It Can Be A Bad Sensor
    No need of IR thermo or separate gauge. Method of testing the sensor is given in the 2nd snapshot i pasted above (pull it out of vehicle and dip in hot water along with a normal thermometer...!!!)

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I'm afraid you're running the engine below the optimum temperature all the time. Toyota gaya gauge may be calibrated to show halfway mark on 75C. QG's operate at 82C. So when it used to reach 82, the gauge showed 3/4th for you.

I'm not sure at what temperature cultus t-valve opens, but I guess it operates at 75C (The temp value is written on the t-stat itself). If it really operates at 75, your gauge comfortably sits at middle while your engine never reaches optimum temp.
    Bro, my QG is working on appropriate temp coz I have not replaced its original sensor that is giving signal to ECU. My Fans are auto and controlled by ECU. Actually the OEM sensor gives signal to ECU and ECU sends that signal VIA CAN to speedo so I just added an additional sensor near water pump to show at least something to speedo.
    About T-Valve its original and it opens as you said on approx 82 degree.
    I am just stuck with ECU pinouts, some people says that it has RPM and Temp and Check light on CAN, whereas some people says that it has only TCM and BCM on CAN. My engine is austrailian I think which comes in Nissan Primera 2004 with electronic throttle body.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Bro, my QG is working on appropriate temp coz I have not replaced its original sensor that is giving signal to ECU. My Fans are auto and controlled by ECU. Actually the OEM sensor gives signal to ECU and ECU sends that signal VIA CAN to speedo so I just added an additional sensor near water pump to show at least something to speedo.
    About T-Valve its original and it opens as you said on approx 82 degree.
    I am just stuck with ECU pinouts, some people says that it has RPM and Temp and Check light on CAN, whereas some people says that it has only TCM and BCM on CAN. My engine is austrailian I think which comes in Nissan Primera 2004 with electronic throttle body.

Is it 4-row ECU or 3 row? How did you install the AC? (Through ECU or directly?)

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is it 4-row ECU or 3 row? How did you install the AC? (Through ECU or directly?)
    It is 4 row I think, it comes with Ethrottle Engines. Here is its Picture

https://cloud.tapatalk.com/s/57f9d26eb0ba2/images.jpg?

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Name:  images.jpg
Views: 59
Size:  24.7 KB

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please post the snapshot of ECU from pins side, or post the part number/code written on the sticker, so that I can try finding the pinout and exact manual for that.

Your's has two O2 sensors? And did you manage to wire up the AC through ECU?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    489 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

No need of IR thermo or separate gauge. Method of testing the sensor is given in the 2nd snapshot i pasted above (pull it out of vehicle and dip in hot water along with a normal thermometer...!!!)
    What Is Your Engine Water Temp Is I Am Talkig Abt not Thermostat.....That Was To Check In Order To Verify Fan Trigger Near 100 Degrees..Which Is Boiling Point

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 B13 -1719205

Here is its image from Internet, its 121 pins. If on internet we search about it there are several opinions about it. The USDM models with that ECU are different and AUDM are different now I am not sure about this thing. If you search for Nissan VQ35 ECU PINOUTS on google you will find these ECUs. Now I have no idea that QG18DE and VQ35 both are on same ECU or what ?

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@IsbCap here are real Images. @star2 also tried but as per his knowledge I have to swap engine again coz there is no solution to this ECU.

Here is Engine
    Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 (B13) - fa72f322fd5c072044893c548b118ba4

Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 (B13) - 130cd04c5375a49b1b38fe3029f2b9fc

Here is ECU

Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 (B13) - 2b652208573960c0d88f8f3940205b70

Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 (B13) - 1a295557ae956e0064731b93e6fac171

Engine Swap in Nissan Sunny 1991 (B13) - 4ecfb634b83deb1e4678430659785731

I already posted the pinouts in my last thread which made me confuse, coz experts here says that RPM, Speedo,Temp and AC and Check Engine lights are on CAN which is not solvable but as per those diagrams RPM is on pin62 which i didnt tested now but will do it soon.
    You too try yourself may be you will get some good output for this issue.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 55 FirstFirst ... 404849505152 ... LastLast

User Tag List