My first experience with an engine swap; got it done in RWP Saddar with a QG18DE (bought from Mushtaq bh).
The wiring was complete harness to harness and the ECU that came with the engine was ZZ.
1. Required : OBD-II dash wiring harness as the one already installed is OBD-I and Consult-II wont thus connect to it. Looked all over but cant find the OBD-II wiring harness.
2. RPM meter not working, the electrician (Ameer, disciple of Malang Ustaad says that a kit is required to be installed as the RPM gets its signal from the ECU).
3. Auto choke doesnt work (esp on cold mornings when i have to warm the engine up my keeping the pedal pressed).
4. Black smoke last week but fixed after my last visit to Ameer (after changing the throttle body, coolant temp sensor, Air flow sensor and throttle position sensor).
5. Faqeer ustaad thinks that the ECU is a mismatch (tried 4 different ECUs but none worked other than the ZZ).
6. Car's mileage (petrol) is around 10 km/l.
Any suggestions/way forwards with the above 1,2,3,5 and 6 points ?
- Used Cars
- New Cars
- Cool Rides
- Post an Ad