Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Heating Problem in Nissan Sunny B-14 EFi

Hello Dear

I am putting one problem to me which I do not understand and need a kind advice.

I changed the engine of my Nissan Sunny B-14. I replaced the original GA14Efi with a GA15efi one. As far as engine, it is working fine

As long as I am driving the car in the city, there was no problem. However the problem was faced only in hot summer while driving from Karachi to Hyderabad. The car at most go 35 Km and gets heat up. even trying to run the fans on direct than auto did not make any difference.

The fins of radiator were highly pressed to close. Although I got opened almost each of them using some tool by a radiator mechanic, It did not work.

I got the radiator cleaned up manually and by some chemical recommended by radiator whole seller at Karachi. The chemical named as "cutting oil". But winter came by the time and it could not be tested if worked or not.

However I noticed something strange twice. It was boiling noticed in the side bottle after a drive of 8 km where the temperature indicator was just on middle and the fans were not even started. I checked the fans functionality by bypassing the auto system as well as starting the AC and found both fans running.

One thing is that the fans do not start before the needle shows the temperature mid-way and I think that the coolant valve too. there is no leakage of water and for weeks, I do not need to add water at all. The everyday drive of the car is almost 15 Km on the average. I am advised by the mechanic to change the radiator first but still I am confused and I need a knowledgefull advice than a traditional mechanic?s advice.

I hope I could explain my problem.
    With Best Regards
    Zia

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3989 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

cutting oil is used to cool down metal parts while they are being milled, it is not of any use in the radiator. If you want to clean it then you need to get some citric acid from chemical market near denso hall napier road.

If your car is missing its thermostat valve it will overheat, if your waterpump (vaturrbaady) is bad the engine will overheat. Also make sure you are removing all air from the cooling system, Nissan GA engines have a bleeder bolt for this purpose. If you do not bleed air from it then the system will seem full in the radiator cap but infact have air trapped in the cylinder head it which leads to overheating.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Sir
    A lot of thanks for such a kind reply.
    can you please guide me for:-
    1. how much citric acid should be used and for how long time?
    2. What is the location of this bleeder bolt?. This sounds more probable as the engine has been changed and our local mechanics may not be very aware of removing air from heads.
    3. How can the water pump be tested for its performance?

I think that the thermostat valve is there as in cold start, no flow is observed from open cap of radiator.

Cutting oil was suggested to remove any deposits from engine (not from radiator). Having new thing known from you, i wish to ask how it is to use citric acid than manual cleaning of radiators by mechanics?

Regards

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List