Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
Like Tree13Likes

Thread: Parts needed for Nissan Sunny 1989 after Engine Swap.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Nissan Sunny 1989 Engine Swap (E10 to QG15).

AOA,

I have just swapped the Engine (E10 to QG15) with manual gear in Nissan Sunny 1989. E10 was giving very poor Fuel Average, 105 max speed,etc. I have advised by some senior pakwheelers to come Rawalpindi and get the swap done there but unfortunately i could not do so. My electrician has convinced me to swap the engine in Faisalabad and i did. Some issues need to be fixed after the Engine Swapped. Please advise.

Parts needed for Nissan Sunny 1989 after Engine Swap -1705393

Parts needed for Nissan Sunny 1989 after Engine Swap -1705394

1. Fuel Tank

Previous owner fixed permanently fuel tank with welding. As tank cannot be removed easily from vehicle so Mechanics/ Electrician pull the Fuel Gauge and placed fuel pump in there. Now Fuel gauge is not working. Can i place fuel pump & gauge in same area? How? Any other idea?

2. Air Cleaner Pipe

Need air cleaner pipe which was not available with engine. From where i can arrange this? Price?

Parts needed for Nissan Sunny 1989 after Engine Swap -1705397

Parts needed for Nissan Sunny 1989 after Engine Swap -1705396

Parts needed for Nissan Sunny 1989 after Engine Swap -1705398

3. RPM meter

Dash meter has not RPM meter in it. Shall i replace the dash meter or place a custom RPM meter on dash?

Parts needed for Nissan Sunny 1989 after Engine Swap -1705399

Thanks in Advance.

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mirza967 View Post
    for any electronic fuel injection system whether tbi mpfi sequential mpfi etc...vss input is necessary coz it tells ecu in coordination with tps and map or maf to cut off fuel when coasting or when foot from accelerator is put off....otherwise error will be stored in ecu and car will run in limp mode i.e on learned values.....if fuel cut off is eleminated from efi then it will be working more or less like a carby engine....in nissan 3 row ecu the check light often does not appear on missing vss however it appears in malfunction of vss in some models...however as soon as u start driving it....it starts on pre stored values....so in short if u connect vss there wud be slight gain of economy.
    Thats what I am trying to tell ... Simple input and output is not possible.

Sent from my Z12 using Tapatalk

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by IsbCap View Post
    ^^^
    Pin 8 is for tachometer (RPM meter)

The lights you are referring to in above post are instrument cluster lights, not the sensor lights (There doesn't exist any such thing in the world, lol)

This meter won't be able to interact with ECU for VSS thing.

Mine is giving good economy and power without VSS. It sure isn't a perfect setup, but a good working one...!!! With wire driven setup, your speedo should work fine through speedo cable. Don't know about how to make RPM meter working. I think there should be another cable for that from gearbox???
    RPM works on electronic pulse, in GA engine it gets signal from Distributor whereas in QG engine the RPM is with ECU.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Mirza967 View Post
    for any electronic fuel injection system whether tbi mpfi sequential mpfi etc...vss input is necessary coz it tells ecu in coordination with tps and map or maf to cut off fuel when coasting or when foot from accelerator is put off....otherwise error will be stored in ecu and car will run in limp mode i.e on learned values.....if fuel cut off is eleminated from efi then it will be working more or less like a carby engine....in nissan 3 row ecu the check light often does not appear on missing vss however it appears in malfunction of vss in some models...however as soon as u start driving it....it starts on pre stored values....so in short if u connect vss there wud be slight gain of economy.
    First of all you're being to general.
    Vss plays a role in speed limiter. But not in every car. The ignition and injection maps are made with coordination of tp and maf values along with vss signal. But not every car works like that. Fuel cut is something else it works on crank and cam shafts signal that is in other words rpm and at desired rpm the injector duty cycle becomes 0%.
    I have been doing tuning in my QG engine bro so have played with every sensor values and i know the role of it. But you are being very general that vss is this or vss is that. In QG15de it doesn't have anything to do with fuel injection map, nothing at all.
    STYLISH BOYZZZ STYLISH ATTITUDE

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by dani_kk View Post
    First of all you're being to general.
    Vss plays a role in speed limiter. But not in every car. The ignition and injection maps are made with coordination of tp and maf values along with vss signal. But not every car works like that. Fuel cut is something else it works on crank and cam shafts signal that is in other words rpm and at desired rpm the injector duty cycle becomes 0%.
    I have been doing tuning in my QG engine bro so have played with every sensor values and i know the role of it. But you are being very general that vss is this or vss is that. In QG15de it doesn't have anything to do with fuel injection map, nothing at all.
    @Mirza967 aap jitna bhi karlo lekin @dani_kk will never accept others experience and keep standing on murgi ki ek tang...
    Yar dani mana k you have good experience but accept others input too or else people will not admire you for your posts or struggle.
    I know tum is pe bhi lecture do ge ... Keep it going.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qamarahmad.awan View Post
    @Mirza967 aap jitna bhi karlo lekin @dani_kk will never accept others experience and keep standing on murgi ki ek tang...
    Yar dani mana k you have good experience but accept others input too or else people will not admire you for your posts or struggle.
    I know tum is pe bhi lecture do ge ... Keep it going.

It's a public discussion forum bro. Mislead ni karna chaye kisi ko. Khud har cheez practically implement karkay dekhi hou, after that we can be so sure about something.
    Vss buhat bari balaa hai in ethrottle QG i admit it.
    But not in normal one its not.
    So jab ek cheez hai hi nai possible tou how can i say kat ap theek kehrahay hain?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@dani_kk

please update my knowledge as well, why there is a VSS out in Speedometer of Nissan cars coming with wire-driven QG18DE to be specific, Nissan AD and Wingroad, and some models of Sentra.

also, please update me, that in the above mentioned models, the wiring diagrams indicate that VSS input from sensor is going to meter and meter is sending signal to ECU, why is that?

please also let me know that if VSS is not connected, is there a way for ECU to know the vehicle speed?
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by star2 View Post
    @dani_kk

please update my knowledge as well, why there is a VSS out in Speedometer of Nissan cars coming with wire-driven QG18DE to be specific, Nissan AD and Wingroad, and some models of Sentra.

also, please update me, that in the above mentioned models, the wiring diagrams indicate that VSS input from sensor is going to meter and meter is sending signal to ECU, why is that?

please also let me know that if VSS is not connected, is there a way for ECU to know the vehicle speed?
    He says VSS is only required in Electronic Throttle wala engine, baqi sab engine mein VSS ghalti se aa gai hai

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by qamarahmad.awan View Post
    He says VSS is only required in Electronic Throttle wala engine, baqi sab engine mein VSS ghalti se aa gai hai

Qamarahmad.awan I'm not saying this, kay ghalti se laga dea hai. My point is in altered, swapped cars like putting a QG15de in some other old chasis eg b11, b12 or b13.
    So what my point says is
    Vss ka ecu se connection hona in this case is not like this kay hadees mein likha gaya hai.
    Apnay debate shuru ki injection ya fuel management se related. Mein uspe apsay debate karha hun hona chaye ya nai hona chaye be debate nai horahi.

So i am just telling you i have implemented both ways in QG15de and QG18de wire driven versions and three row ecu walay. Vss kay through ya vss kay bagher na toh fuel average pe koi fark para, na hi engine ne chalnay se inkaar kiya kay vss nai lagaogay toh nai chalounga.

So abhi bhi kehraha hun fuel management ka koi taluq nai hai in do engines pe jinka quote kiya hai.

Is tarah toh apnay, apnay QG18de mein
    Refrigent pressure sensor, evap system, vent control valve yeh sab nai lagwaya hua toh ispe yeh nai kaha jaskta kay these sensors are waste of time. They definitely have some purpose.

We are talking about, do we require them on QG15de wire driven, three row ecu version.

That's my point.
    I'm not encouraging anyone kay bhai ap vss lagao hi na.
    I'm just saying even if you don't use it, fuel average pe koi fark nai parega.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@dani_kk

@star2 bro circuit diagram I'm talking about the circuit board not wiring diagram and vss input is processing a vss signal from an ic and sending it to dashboard wiring. And that ic has no connection with injectors ic or injection timing circuit. And whereas tp pin, maf pin, coolant sensor pin, cam, crank and coils all are interconnected in that electronics.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is tarah toh Aplog up model engines daal rahay hain garion mein toh phir gari hi 2010 ki le lein. Abh b12 ya b13 2008-9 nai bansakti na.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@star2 bro circuit diagram I'm talking about the circuit board not wiring diagram and vss input is processing a vss signal from an ic and sending it to dashboard wiring. And that ic has no connection with injectors ic or injection timing circuit. And whereas tp pin, maf pin, coolant sensor pin, cam, crank and coils all are interconnected in that electronics.
    yeah i know that, i noticed that circuit as well brother. you did not answer my questions though .
    success is the ability to go from one failure to the next without any loss of enthusiasm

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    324 Post(s)
    Tagged
    9 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Is tarah toh Aplog up model engines daal rahay hain garion mein toh phir gari hi 2010 ki le lein. Abh b12 ya b13 2008-9 nai bansakti na.
    gari pasand ho, aur paisey hoon, to its a cheap/cost effective solution to buy the most up-to-date version of a car. but maintaining a classic that too with proper parts and logic is a charm not everybody cherish and it takes a lot more to maintain that car. come, be my guest and drive around my B13 with QG18. you will get to know what I am talking about. I have 3 different suspensions of my car for different purposes. I do not know how many car owners have that kind of enthusiasm

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

gari pasand ho, aur paisey hoon, to its a cheap/cost effective solution to buy the most up-to-date version of a car. but maintaining a classic that too with proper parts and logic is a charm not everybody cherish and it takes a lot more to maintain that car. come, be my guest and drive around my B13 with QG18. you will get to know what I am talking about. I have 3 different suspensions of my car for different purposes. I do not know how many car owners have that kind of enthusiasm
    No doubt about that. It's about enthusiasm.
    No one installs a emanage ultimate in a QG engine they say are u crazy? U can read international nissan forums too but it's about enthusiasm.

We've to sometimes tell others about both options. If we do this things will work too.

Not every person here is that much enthusiastic. Some people get stuck in problems they don't know actual functionality.

But when you also know this jispe debate horahi hai usko agar ap vss through ecu na chalao toh fuel mileage nahi disturb hogi.

Ismein u can say it's ur choice to get it done via ecu or without ecu.

So thats my point.
    I've practically implemented both. So islea i am saying vss isn't that big actor incase of this normal QG.

Values definitely store hoti hongi us ic mein.

So ap shayad mera point nai samjhay mein kya kehna chahta hun.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For some, a trouble free working vehicle within allowed budget is all that is required. So us person ko VSS jaisi truck ki batti k peechay laganay ka koi faida nahin

If it manages a return Lahore tour in single day with 16kpl and occasional speeding up to 195, it's fine

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For some, a trouble free working vehicle within allowed budget is all that is required. So us person ko VSS jaisi truck ki batti k peechay laganay ka koi faida nahin

If it manages a return Lahore tour in single day with 16kpl and occasional speeding up to 195, it's fine
    Exactly that's the need of most of the people.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

^^^
    Pin 8 is for tachometer (RPM meter)

The lights you are referring to in above post are instrument cluster lights, not the sensor lights (There doesn't exist any such thing in the world, lol)

This meter won't be able to interact with ECU for VSS thing.

Mine is giving good economy and power without VSS. It sure isn't a perfect setup, but a good working one...!!! With wire driven setup, your speedo should work fine through speedo cable. Don't know about how to make RPM meter working. I think there should be another cable for that from gearbox???
    Pin#08 , like below pic?

Parts needed for Nissan Sunny 1989 after Engine Swap -1709317

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have replaced the cluster, all works fine except RPM. Couldn't sort out, which wires to be connected. VSS issue will be fixed later if needed.

FBB
    PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Kisi k pass mere ecu ki manuals hon to please let me know, so I also get full benefit from it. My ECU pic is below.

Parts needed for Nissan Sunny 1989 after Engine Swap. - 7ed5cfaa8d2187727e06eb91c3a5399a

Parts needed for Nissan Sunny 1989 after Engine Swap. - f108db5705b28d158f808ef9d3967adc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    159 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ihsananwer View Post
    Pin#08 , like below pic?

Parts needed for Nissan Sunny 1989 after Engine Swap -1709317
    Yes. This is the exact diagram of your 3-row ECU. Text is in Russian language .

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Please advise OBD2 port availability & price..

Air pipe also refused to fit due to space constraints b/w AC pipe and sound bottle attached with air pipe. MAF sensor pipe is also with big diameter.

The engine is like having extra acceleration. Whenever we reduce the acceleration by wire adjustment, engine stops on idle. The electrician / mechanic are saying that it can only be fixed after RPM meter installation. Any suggestion.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

User Tag List