Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Nissan Sunny; Is it coming with BMW/MB engine?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Nissan Sunny; Is it coming with BMW/MB engine?

Guyz I’ve a querry. I’m confused over the pricing of Nissan Sunny. Seems it's got technology of expensive cars like MB or BMW in it.
    See its 1.6 Ex Saloon A/T costs 1.45m PKR. Where as 1.6 S Saloon is above 1.5m PKR.
    I’ve seen the features of both sunny at www.gnl.com.pk. Man S Saloon; it’s coming with driver side airbag only. ABS in S Saloon is optional. No CD player in ExSaloon even. Alloy wheels are only in S Saloon.
    I just wanna know that whats so special in these versions i.e. ExSaloon 1.3,1.6 and S Saloon 1.6 that is making this car so expensive. I’m just amazed at their pricing. You can’t compare it with any other 1.6 car in Pak.
    Altis 1.8 with stepgate auto trans, ECT, ABS, EBD is cheaper.
    Optra 1.6 with Auto AC, Gas Shock Absorbers, Stepgate Auto trans, Alloy wheels, Sunroof, Auto Transaxle tech is cheaper.
    Vti Oriel with alloy wheels, sunroof, abs, ebd is cheaper.
    Please tell me if you know that whats so special in this vehicle. I couldn’t find out a single thing. Please don’t tell me that its expensive coz its of NISSAN.
    I hope you’d tell me.
    P.S this post is with no offence to anyone who owns Sunny. I ain’t degrading it. Just wanna know the special/hidden features. Rather Sunny owners should also reply coz they know better.
    Regards,
    Allah Hafiz.

ALTIS M/T 1.8 PKR 1219000
    ALTIS A/T 1.8 PKR 1309000
    CIVIC VTI ORIEL M/T PKR 1197000
    CIVIC VTI PT ORIEL PKR 1287000
    OPTRA LS M/T PKR 1175000
    OPTRA LS A/T PKR 1269000
    SUNNY 1.3 M/T PKR 1125000
    SUNNY 1.3 A/T PKR 1185000
    SUNNY 1.6 EXS M/T PKR 1365000
    SUNNY 1.6 CC A/T EXS PKR 1450000
    SUNNY 1600CC S/SALOON A/T PKR 1533000

"Our coerced silence is the weapon that has been sharpened and brought to our throats" - Mohsin Hamid

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well the source of prices was pakwheels but at gnl.com.pk i've got following figures.
    SUNNY 1.6 EXS M/T PKR 1315000
    SUNNY 1.6 CC A/T EXS PKR 1390000
    SUNNY 1600CC S/SALOON A/T PKR 1480000.

I don't think it still can be justfied for what it has in it.
    "Our coerced silence is the weapon that has been sharpened and brought to our throats" - Mohsin Hamid

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hey!!!
    ain't there anybody to answer my question?
    I need to know the reason of this much high price.
    Plz do tell me.
    waiting.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think the reason for the high price is its japanese or foreign built car and exported to Pak. Look at the price of Optra, it is as expensive as the honda or toyota. If you were to compare the same prices outside, like in the middleeast. Optra is about 15%-20% cheaper then a corolla. Just a opinion, I might be wrong.
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanx for reply
    well then we should keep in mind the prices of Lancer. It's also not that much expensive.
    a jap imported corolla with navigator, ABS, EBD, Dual Airbags, 1.5 vvt-i engine costs you around 1.4m PKR.
    Moreover you should observe that there's nothing in this car besides a good engine. I mean you get optional ABS with no EBD in S Saloon. don't get in Exsaloon. driver side airbag only.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Tagged
    2 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Well you might want ask the dealers why is it so? Maybe they will have a better answer as they no better about their products, hopefully! Good luck!
    "The value of life can be measured by how many times your soul has been deeply stirred." Soichiro Honda

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

k thanx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

you might not believe this but the sunny 1.3 was intially to be priced around 850,000 to match the xli. However the marketing smarties at GNL decided that a car of this size can sell for much more - hence the increase. And the car is crap.
    I pretend to work, they pretend to pay me

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanx for info.
    it ain't good that price raised just on an assumption that it COULD BE SOLD AT HIGHER PRICE.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello!!
    i think the main reason behind this car is its imported and made of japan...japan assembled...2ndly i think the car is mean to buy.....just see the car from closest look and then decide...i have seen many out there in karachi...ppl like tha car and is spending on it rather than buying local assembled with many technical and idiotic faults....the car was i think worth to buy....much better than others....if u waana buy japanese brand Toyota Corolla....so just go and ask the price...
    Thanxxx

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hi there sali2002!!!
    well i don't think you can justify this type of pricing in new cars. in second hand cars market value comes into play but not in case of new cars. new cars and stuff are priced for the cost incurred on that.
    you said that it's expensive coz its been imported from jap and was built there. What abt lancer? it ain't that much expensive.
    I've mentioned a jap imported corolla price that i got. Do check the stuff i've told you that are present in that.
    I've also seen many in Lahore. I also visited showroom to check its feature. at that time i didn't pay attention to its price. now when i'd go i'd ask dealers. If you've any other good reason then plz tell me.
    Hi malikg115, Nasir_Zaidi, Jal_rulzz and other sunny owners. where are you?
    come and plz tell me.
    Regards,
    ALLAH HAFIZ.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nobody?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My Grandpa bought the sunny 1.6 MT in July, I took the the delivery in Isloo.
    A little review....I drove it for say abt 800-1000 km approx. My observation is fuel economy is par excellence just like all other Sunny(s) 14 urban(AC), 16 Highway(AC). Rear Lites r not tht gudd, looks like monster eyes just like Suzuki Alto's. Front is sober(I like it a lot frm the front view). Drive quality is too gudd, Car's response is excellent and seats r quite comfortable as compared to the pathetic seats of Corolla(Hate them*seats*).
    Price Tag is way too much for it I surely believe. In my opinion it shuld be not more then 8lac which applies to all the vehicles of the same class including Corolla,Civic,Lancer and Optra or Liana.
    But pricing strategies r set after various market researches nd using different analytical modelities. Ther is one hidden aspect as well, i.e. companies do gambles and coverup strategies aswell inorder to minimize the sale. For the record Nissan Sunny's previous model(unfortunately which was a flop despite of being a gr8 car nd havin a marvellous shape), GNL leased ther factory frm a consortium of 3 leasing companies which eventually posted under the head of Bad Debts nd then written off. Needless to say more as they got lotta things screwed in the name of cars.

Thnxxx.
    (No Offence meant)
    Jayala....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanx for the info. Atleast sunny should come with those features that are offered by other cars in same or even less price.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I do believe the same tht they shuld atleast give a power pack base model in respect to the price they r charging but invain. But in our part of the world manufacturers, importers,dealers and the most important part consumer themselves r not sincere with what they r sellin nd buyin.

Thnxx.
    Jayala....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello!
    Mitsubishi Lancer was no doubt a good car but seems to have some technical faults in car...i read a review whwre its mention about lancer and other models of mitsubishi.....as mitsubishi was now introduced By dewan group and i think that car was not directly comes from Japan...its different assembly....as u can note tha previous SE Saloon Rim design which was not closed by toyota was coming with mitsubishi logo...the same design...and the design was in pakistan...so can't know whats that.....i personally own sunny and its a mean buy....as i described earlier
    Thanxxx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

salam mr sali2002,
    we i have an answer regarding lancer, i have two lancers 1.3 m/t and 1.3 A/t which are of best class in consumption, ride and performance. well i also had a doubt that it was assembly in some other country rather then japan. i went to the showroom and they gave me the bill of entry where there was a detail infromation from where the consiment is loaded and unloaded in karachi ,well sorry i dont know the exite city in japan from where its loaded, i will conferm and let u know.

talking about the sunny 1.3 M/t well the shape it really outstanding but the engin in underpower and the breaks and of no good i have tested it for about 100 km .but i didnt like it .what it price tag showed.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

hello!
    well i listen from many that most of dewan motors dealings are from korea....well as u said about brakes so its Power Booster brakes and 1.6 comes with ABS....so don't think it can't control car above 100kms...well i personally using Sunny and know about that....i am totally satisfied with every thing....but different pplz have different likes and dislikes...
    thanxxx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i do agree that the price of car is lil on higher side as compared to similar cars available. BUT..... still its worht it..... the economy, drive, comfort n ofcourse the BRAND "NISSAN". i havnt heard about many ppl who have sold any of theri nissan. i myself own a nissan 88 n still its performacne is better than many newer cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Ya exactly, Nissan dont have tht much quality nd reliability issue as compared to other car manufacturers. I maself is quite obssessed with Nissan which other ppl call as a prejudice but Nissan really know wat they r making in the midst of 90's they gotta bit dull but since the change in top notch management they r really buckin themselves upp.
    @Sali2002, ya gotta B13 I guess, temme abt the suspension is it gudd in accordance with our road condition or not.

Thnxx.
    Jayala....

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List