23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Chevrolet Joy problems

guys yesterday i cleaned the throttle body and sensors of my chevy joy using some crab. cleaner spray..
    the responce of car was not gud so i thought to clean it... now there is a big problem....
    as i start the car it revs too high then before and the rmp stayed there for about 10 seconds and then come too normal bt as soon i put i light foot on gas pedal its rpm again shoot up stayed there for some time and come back to nrml aslo when im driving its rmp is not stable it increases automatically..even if i leave the gas pedal in 1st gear the speed is about 20km/h....
    i did something wrong??
    what thing should i check firstly???
    can some one provide me sensors location of chevy joy??

1st problem: car gone mad after cleaning throttle body........SOLVED page 1-3
    2nd problem: MAP sensor malfunction................................UnSolve d page 4
    3rd problem: different coloured water from cooling system....UnSolved page 4

more to come

.........Tomorrow Never Comes Until Its Too Late........
    //////Life Without LOUD Sound System iz incomplete\\\\\\

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    do not clean the map sensor with petrol or anything, you might damage the small diaphragm inside it. Its a GM (delco) sensor in this case and is very sensitive unlike the rugged (hathora) toyota map sensors. Best would be to replace it if bad - daewoo racers also face this problem a lot.

The coolant part is funny, flush the system out and refill with only "caltex red", do not under any circumstances overfill the expansion bottle otherwise coolant may stall in the system, it travels upwards a lot in this car - so please keep it in check. Never should it go above the max mark when cold.
    thanks, I haven't cleaned it yet...problem is still there...the problem is that car suddenly starts de-accelerating like there is no fuel supply to it, and when throttle is floored 2or 3 time it come back to life with CHECK light which go away after some time..
    we checked it with diagnose tool it was showing MAP error that time, any other sensor can cause this problem too ?
    new sensor costs whooping 6K

and about the coolant part, car was having green coolant from day one, that brown colour is of rust...
    there is a minor leak some where I had to locate it so for time being im using plain water..
    .........Tomorrow Never Comes Until Its Too Late........
    //////Life Without LOUD Sound System iz incomplete\\\\\\

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I've got Chevorlet Joy 2006 and I am facing pretty much the same problem as was faced by Mr. Sharo53. Adding insult to injury; my ride also back fires at times specially when the adjustment of CNG is not accurate. Can You (Mr. Sharo53) tell from where did you get your problem fixed. I talked to Mr. Agha (the guy from Islamabad) and he is demanding 8000 rupees for reprogramming. Can anyone guide me whether this programming can be done from Sargodha?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

assalam u allekum..I want to buy Chevy Joy after searching its pros in pw forums..but there are a no of guys who said that there is heatup issue in this car?It heats up quite fast and frequently..I want to know abt its common priblems..I am a student and cant afford roz roz mechanic k chakkar..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default chevy joy

Was going through the thread guys as far as rpm being unstable first issue is the sensor its the little black valve like on front of the throtle body. Its screwed on it. That should solve the throttle body and any other related rpm issues. If the throttle body is choked the engine race rpm that is stays high constantly upto 1300 max. The sensor is a typical fault but trust me its an amazing car for what it costs. Aircondition rocks, drive is smooth very spacious best buy for something near 4 lacs.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear its an amazing car. But for a student depends on your financial status cause you will need to sort out a bit to spend on it. Once you have get it set as per your needs wont bug you. Best car for this price.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by waqasEhsan View Post
    i am using this car since 2006(june) .......kisi AZAB se kam nahi hai yah gari no dought road grip awesome hai.....aaj kal me also facing same problem throttle body....used mkt mein milti nahi new khass magwani paregi CHAND se only 16k mein........requst hai dosto kabhi mat khairna iss type ki cars.......SIRF SUZUKU,TOYOTA aur paisa zada hai tou HONDA.
    Chevrolet JOY and problems -1566415

Bro, My experience with this car is more then awesome i have Chevrolet excl 2004, and it not yet gave me any issue Alhamdolilah..just when i feel some even minor change in its performance i get it nipped in the bud...just you need to look for some qualified mechanic for its engine or electrical related work.. Never let it heat ever take special care of its cooling system...As far as your issue is concerned as per my experience it seems that its just due to valve with air filter (see in pic encircled) take it out clean engine oil left overs from it there would be a small ball in it check if its freely moving...fit it up again and then check the throttle if its normal.. it should be normal.. if not try replacing it ...thats all i can help on confirm basis from my end.. May Allah Bless u and ur ride..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I often seen people complaigning for high maintenance of chevy cars so created a thread for people belonging to Rawalpindi/Islamabad:
    https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-parts-rwp-isb

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

User Tag List