Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By Xulfiqar
  • 1 Post By Xulfiqar

Thread: Daewoo RACER - EPS installation?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo RACER - EPS installation?

I've bought a DAEWOO Racer yesterday but its STEERING is just too hard to control.I would like to install a EPS SETUP on the CAR. Where can i get it done in KARACHI and for how much? :/

Quick Replies would be much expericiated as I'm going to PLAZA Later Today anyway.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    283 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

it will cost max 10k including fitting, can be done at scrap markets
    haters gonna hate, potatoes gonna potate

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

daewoo racer steering hard? you sure. If you are young then please hit the gym. This cars steering is very softly geared already, once the car is creeping I could literally palm the steering of a daewoo racer.

I would suggest you first check the entire alignment.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Xulfiqar View Post
    daewoo racer steering hard? you sure. If you are young then please hit the gym. This cars steering is very softly geared already, once the car is creeping I could literally palm the steering of a daewoo racer.

I would suggest you first check the entire alignment.
    Its a ISSUE of my CAR. not all cause i've driven DAEWOO RACER before thats why i've gone for it. THE SELLER whom i've bought it from saying k GARI KI SERVICE KARWALO GANDI HORAHI HAI ISLIYE DUST JAMGAYI HOGI. is this correct?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

firstly if you use the original 155 tyres the steering will return to original softness, you should also make sure that the camber is correct and the ball joints are not worn out. The steering gearing ratio is already very high which causes the steering to be soft.

If you do want power steering in your car then why not go for the complete original hydraulic power steering - there are two shops on Tariq Road who have the entire setup including the pump which mounts on the block and the entire steering rack.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

firstly if you use the original 155 tyres the steering will return to original softness, you should also make sure that the camber is correct and the ball joints are not worn out. The steering gearing ratio is already very high which causes the steering to be soft.

If you do want power steering in your car then why not go for the complete original hydraulic power steering - there are two shops on Tariq Road who have the entire setup including the pump which mounts on the block and the entire steering rack.
    Tyres are ALLOW rims with the size of 175/R13-14 i dunno about RIM but size is 175. and for how much can i get this job done from tariq road? and also mention the shop names. and i also have a ISSUE of its GEAR box. its very difficult to change gears.. GEARS jaga pe betthey nahi hain. i mean when i CHANGE the gear from 1 to 2 .. sometimes 4th lagjata hai even though meine 2nd hi lagaya tha :/

Can i get its GEAR BOX changed to normal one with reserve on the FAR RIGHT side? If yes then how much would it cost me?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well - they are called alloy and not ALLOW rims, and you should know that you cannot simply bolt on any sort of wheel to a daewoo racer, it needs hubcentric rims (the load on your cars wheel is not on the bolts holding it its on the hub snout. If you install wider rims or even wrong offset you will have a very very hard steering as the wheel geometry becomes garbage and you will end up with a car that has a turning radius of the moon itself.

The gearbox problem you have is not the gearbox itself, but you need to replace all the bushings of the selector lever, Any mechanic who does Daewoo repairs will fix it, If you go to Tariq Road ask for the Daewoo mechanic - they will guide you correctly.

And please throw away any wrong "ALLOW" rims that you have - the results are disastrous if the wheel loosens itself (and if its not hubcentric it WILL LOOSEN ITSELF) - Match the offset with the original steel wheels that came with your car and inspect the mounting face too, if its not flat and flush you will also overheat the wheel bearings and brakes.

Site Banned Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

lol faheem seems like your car has a lot of issues . I'd say just get an EPS instead of hydraulic, too much of a hassle. As for the gear box, you're gonna need to see the shift forks, must be grinded.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

nah the ZF brand gearbox this car has is very heavy duty, the shift forks nearly never wear out unless its run with zero gear oil for a long time, the weak link is the gear selector lever and its corresponding arms outside the gearbox. My VW Golf was also set like that, requires a careful hand with a lathe and a stick of teflon to make all the bushings. All 10 of them.

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Does any body have Daewoo Racer owner's manual or maintenance manual or from where I can get it?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

well - they are called alloy and not ALLOW rims, and you should know that you cannot simply bolt on any sort of wheel to a daewoo racer, it needs hubcentric rims (the load on your cars wheel is not on the bolts holding it its on the hub snout. If you install wider rims or even wrong offset you will have a very very hard steering as the wheel geometry becomes garbage and you will end up with a car that has a turning radius of the moon itself.

The gearbox problem you have is not the gearbox itself, but you need to replace all the bushings of the selector lever, Any mechanic who does Daewoo repairs will fix it, If you go to Tariq Road ask for the Daewoo mechanic - they will guide you correctly.

And please throw away any wrong "ALLOW" rims that you have - the results are disastrous if the wheel loosens itself (and if its not hubcentric it WILL LOOSEN ITSELF) - Match the offset with the original steel wheels that came with your car and inspect the mounting face too, if its not flat and flush you will also overheat the wheel bearings and brakes.
    LOL. i know that is alloy. I made a typo thats it bro.

And what should i do to get rid of hardness of the STEERING. should i go for HPS setup or i need to replace the tires?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

first inspect your entire suspension and see the wheel offset which is stamped onto the wheels themselves, compare to the spare wheel you have in the boot.

the number you are looking for is ETxx - see both and post here.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Sir it is also stated that we can use 175-70-R13 in our woo's other than 155-80-R13 whats you take on that?
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

4 yrs old thread,

the wider tyres are usable - but with correct wheels only - wheels should be selected according to the technical requirements and not looks and vanity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    349 Post(s)
    Tagged
    14 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

does daewoo stock engine has power streering I have seen many daewoo but not a single one with stock engine every car was swapped with 2c,1c,e2,cd17 etc

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    59 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    does daewoo stock engine has power streering I have seen many daewoo but not a single one with stock engine every car was swapped with 2c,1c,e2,cd17 etc
    Sir i have woo in completelt stock state.The original engine was G15SF 1.5L SOHC TBI engine imported in Pakistan as taxi scheme..Later models were not introduced and thus cielo/nexia parts started arriving via torkham(kabuli) G15MF (having MPFI) system,,G16Sf(Lemans/nexia) 1.6L SFI engine.In twin cities there are many woos with stock engine.

Stock woo has no EPS,it can be upgraded using cielo EPS assebly.Also adding the all the engines stated above are bolt on with no modifications required in chassis.

People generally swap other engines due to scarce parts and mechanics unavailability.Daewoo should be kept as stock as possible.Swapping other engines are not advised as it effects the integrity of chassis as well as car's balance
    The one thing that unites all human beings, regardless of age, gender, religion, economic status, is that, deep down inside, we all believe that we are above-average drivers.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3987 Post(s)
    Tagged
    93 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by saboor73 View Post
    mechanics usually change the engine because they do not usually use 9,13,15,19,24 and 32mm tools - hence they never buy them. Daewoo Racer has all of them, its a very very very simple engine and extremely easy to work on.

Problem in Pakistan is that if a mechanic sees that he cannot understand it and make some money in 5 minutes then "bhai injun badli kardo" - that makes them a lot of money initially and also guarantees future income as the owner will need to visit him back every week of his life with the car. You can however buy the rack and pump from scrap and then install it - it fits between the timing belt cover cavity on the block directly. The power assisted rack is geared lower for quick turn.

Daewoo Racer in taxi form never came with power steering and honestly it never needed it, The steering rack ratio is pretty nice and the car is very easy maneuverable due to that. The problem starts when someone installs stupid wheels on it and also installs junked or welded up shitty parts in the suspension and CV joint area.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List