Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Chevrolet Exclusive Mechanic

Salam All!

I am in the process of buying a Chevy exclusive 2005. Live in DHA-Phase 7 Karachi.
    Can any fellow member tell me if there is any Good Mechanic that can handle Chevy Exclusive?. you know like changing timing belt, regular maintenance and if needed perform the ECU/electronics adjustment? It will be a huge help for me!

Thanks!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It's good that you're searching for a good mechanic. I cannot suggest you one since I am not in karachi but I can tell you from experience bad mechanics (even the EFI ones) will cost you 10-100k by messing up stuff.

I have a chevrolet joy and I must say it has too many sensors and is way electronic for simpleton mechanics to understand it. Just like they cannot understand many of the new 660cc cars with advance electronic system based on too many sensors. Simple EFI mechanics who work on corollas can't fix it either in most cases.

Also, it's a small space and a small engine with specific compression requirement. So if there is any head work, never get it done by those who do not know this car. If they mess up even one thing, it will do much damage.

Never ever got to someone who isn't literate enough to understand EFI engines. I have heard stories of mechanics taking out the ECU just to remove flash codes.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

other member have said it very right. However some people with the Scanner Tool to read ECU data are able to manage the EFI cars quiet well without causing any extra mess-up.
    Check your email
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks for your replies.
    @Capsat are they any good?
    I am still confused. I had a charade, and my mechanic was Noor Bhai (Defemce Phase 2), very nice person and excellent mechanic. Solved many of my problems which normal mechanics could not diagnose in years. I am looking for same reliable kind of person. Noor bhai is excellent with Carby, but I dont think he has the tools for EFI.

Any Chevy Owners, your input and experience will be very very valuable!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1018 Post(s)
    Tagged
    19 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

satisfaction level varies from person to person. every person have a different driving habit no harm in trying once ensure your presence and mental attention.
    - www.crackwheels.com - A skilled Dictator is much more beneficial to Country......than a Democracy of Ignorant people

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Want your hair waxing done by a car? A crazy way to advertise is here at Montreal Chevy dealer uses 2012 Sonic to perform hair wax. Some businesses claim that ultrasound hair removal can be done. Philippe Bond of Bond d'Essai Chevrolet in Montreal, Quebec, believes in using another kind of sonic hair-removal method. Bond, a performance artist, comedian and host of the French-Canadian edition of “The Price is Right” game show, participated in a publicity stunt to market the 2012 Chevy Sonic sub-compact. He attached hair wax pads to several hairy areas on his legs and chest then connected the pads to the bumper of a Sonic with ropes. A grotesque hair waxing followed.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List