Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Mazda RX8 Query

Hi everyone,
    I am a new owner of Mazda RX8. Got a few question here.

- Where to take it for it's first checkup in Lahore? No ripoff places please. Closer to Defence, if possible.
    - Engine Oil? Seems like Castrol GTX 10W-40 would be the best one. Where to buy original one in Lahore?
    - Oil Filter? Can original one be bought in Lahore? If not, then I will just change oil and leave the original one intact till the next oil change.
    - Coolant? OSAKA one will be fine?

Is there anything else I should keep in mind as the owner of MAZDA RX8.

Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I thought, I would get more help on here, but seems like Pakwheels is dead nowadays.

Anyways, someone has recommended that if I don't get Caltex GTX then I should go for ZIC Highflow 20W-50. Good alternative?

This is the one I am talking about. :: MAS GROUP ::

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pak786 View Post
    Just go to Ferozepur Road and ask someone about nadeem filter house , they have the correct oil and filter

INH is ok too but they make up alot of extra B.S .....they are crocodiles.
    Original for you means oil filters of Mazda Van, right? Or do you mean to say that I will find original OEM oil filters from Nadeem Filter House?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@RotaryLover
    Pm ur address I ll send u K&N oil filter for free as a gift for ur new ride ..
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall.
    Torque is how far you take the wall with you.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Sheryar View Post
    @RotaryLover
    Pm ur address I ll send u K&N oil filter for free as a gift for ur new ride ..
    Oh, thank you so much Sheryar, but I think it's really too much of a gift. I am really humbled by this gesture of yours. I really appreciate it.

Please, just help me figure out which oil to put in my RX8. Where to get it tuned in Lahore. I have not been able to get any help from here for now. Really disappointed.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hey first of all congrats on your rx8 and welcome to the club. You now need to update this thread with pics of your car and it's specs.
    i have owned a few 8s aswell and uphill now the advice you have got is all you really need to know to run the car other tips and tricks you learn as you drive the car more ( I bought the car and then spent months every night online reading up about it ).

I would suggest that you order herself some stuff for the 8 as back up such as a set of good egnition coils, brake pads and oil filters, I would also recommend a new air filter. These things are available here but they cost an arm and a leg I spent a good three weeks looking for coils for my car, couldn't get new ones anywhere so just imported them.

I would also advise you to change you air filter oil filter and engine oil and of course check all other levels.if you really want you can go really techy and buy an android and load it with an obd application and plug it into your car for real time information about nearly everything in your car. I know someone who has done it to there 8 and it's great I'm working on installing it in mine aswell

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Why do you want to get it tuned, is their something wrong with it

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    Why do you want to get it tuned, is their something wrong with it
    Thanks Placebo. Tuned up means getting its first oil, oil filter and other fluids changed. I just got the car from Japan two days back, so thought I should get the fluids changed.

To be honest with you, the information I got from here was something I already knew from reputable RX8 forums from other countries. The sort of help I require is specific to Pakistan.

Like for example, I have asked several times about a one-stop shop where I can go in Lahore to get my RX8 services. Only one guy told me MaxPower with no information on where it is in Lahore. No address or anything.

I have been asking about oil right from the beginning. I am looking for Castrol gtx but not able to find any in Lahore. Asked here if someone knew where to find it from no. Only a vague answer came that use any other normal oil if you cannot get it.

I am sorry but I am not a motor head by any means.

All I want is exact information for example. Go to this place Z, they have proper facility for such cars. They will have A,B,C oil for RX8 and D,E,F oil filters. I suggest you pick A oil and E oil filter from the Z place. This is the sort of information I am seeking here.

All answers have been vague so far. Forums like RX8club and others are way more accurate and helpful, it's just that they cannot advise me as to where I should take my RX8 in Lahore. Other than that they know more than anyone on here about RX8. I am sorry but I don't want to ruin my new car by using Mazda Van filters. Ridiculous.

Sorry, but people really haven't got a clue on here how to help someone.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RotaryLover View Post
    Oh, thank you so much Sheryar, but I think it's really too much of a gift. I am really humbled by this gesture of yours. I really appreciate it.

Please, just help me figure out which oil to put in my RX8. Where to get it tuned in Lahore. I have not been able to get any help from here for now. Really disappointed.
    Well CarOil Along K&N Oil Filter Will Be reaching Ur Place Soon ..
    Then U Can Easliy See Which Oil i Used For My Rx-8 Alwyazzz
    Secondly I Have No Major Idea Of Lahore & The Machinics There But Surly Will Let U Knw In A Day So ..

By The Way RX-8 Need No Tunning Its Already Tunned & U Just Have To Do The Correct Maintenance & Hi-Octane ....

Check Ur INBOX

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

May this is Pakistan , I have been looking for decent mechanics for a long time for my rx8 . It's impossible , if you find someone they charge insane amounts.
    i love in Karachi otherwise I could guide you on where to get stuff from. In my honest opinion don't do too much to car just change oil and filter from now and by the previous post I guess that has been sorted for you. I'm using castrol gtx I got it from plaza . For coolant someone already told you what to do use, I haven't changed mine yet cause wht it came with was good enough and it didn't have a lot of miles on it so I didn't bother.

You can also use Mobil oil if you can get your hands on it just make sure it non synthetic and the right viscosity.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    103 Post(s)
    Tagged
    16 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by placebo View Post
    May this is Pakistan , I have been looking for decent mechanics for a long time for my rx8 . It's impossible , if you find someone they charge insane amounts.
    i love in Karachi otherwise I could guide you on where to get stuff from. In my honest opinion don't do too much to car just change oil and filter from now and by the previous post I guess that has been sorted for you. I'm using castrol gtx I got it from plaza . For coolant someone already told you what to do use, I haven't changed mine yet cause wht it came with was good enough and it didn't have a lot of miles on it so I didn't bother.

You can also use Mobil oil if you can get your hands on it just make sure it non synthetic and the right viscosity.
    Agreed

I Used Alwyazz Mobil Oil & Also No need to change The whole Radiator Water ..
    As Some time Air Gets Lock in It When U Change All & Heating Issues r Raised Up .. Just Top-Up It As required ..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Don't mess with the car needlessly , Japanese cars usually don't get driven much and I'm pretty sure u got a 4 grade car so don't worry too much about tuning just oil change it and enjoy the drive

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by pak786 View Post
    Premixing will keep your engine nice and lubricated , the problem is that the engine oil used to lube up the side seals and apex seals that oil is not designed to burn therefore it leaves alot of carbon deposit inside the engine , and trust me too much carbon inside the engine is the last thing you will want. What you can do is pour 100ml of good quality 2stroke oil (i.e Shell ) inside the tank before filling it upto full. But that's just insurance incase the OMP fails to deliver the amount of oil needed. However the carbon buildup issue will still be there.

This will make your engine last alot longer and help with cleaning it up a bit on high revs. Don't worry its perfectly safe.

Bull Sh***t. Premixing is not recommended. It will mess up your Fuel filter and cause choking on fuel system. Never Never do it. Its all unnecessary info. I have 90k on my 8 without premixing and still it runs like a champ

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by RotaryLover View Post
    Thanks Placebo. Tuned up means getting its first oil, oil filter and other fluids changed. I just got the car from Japan two days back, so thought I should get the fluids changed.

To be honest with you, the information I got from here was something I already knew from reputable RX8 forums from other countries. The sort of help I require is specific to Pakistan.

Like for example, I have asked several times about a one-stop shop where I can go in Lahore to get my RX8 services. Only one guy told me MaxPower with no information on where it is in Lahore. No address or anything.

I have been asking about oil right from the beginning. I am looking for Castrol gtx but not able to find any in Lahore. Asked here if someone knew where to find it from no. Only a vague answer came that use any other normal oil if you cannot get it.

I am sorry but I am not a motor head by any means.

All I want is exact information for example. Go to this place Z, they have proper facility for such cars. They will have A,B,C oil for RX8 and D,E,F oil filters. I suggest you pick A oil and E oil filter from the Z place. This is the sort of information I am seeking here.

All answers have been vague so far. Forums like RX8club and others are way more accurate and helpful, it's just that they cannot advise me as to where I should take my RX8 in Lahore. Other than that they know more than anyone on here about RX8. I am sorry but I don't want to ruin my new car by using Mazda Van filters. Ridiculous.

Sorry, but people really haven't got a clue on here how to help someone.

I use Havoline 20 - 50 on my 8. For gear i use GL4 formula from any good gear oil brand. For differential i use Zic GL5

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Almost a 3 years old dig...
    ...success takes time, persistence, determination, and most importantly, believing in yourself

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

User Tag List