1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Chevrolet Joy AC auto trip issue

I have Chevrolet Joy 2006. My car's AC auto trips when I speed up. As the RPM goes higher, the AC auto trips and most of the time it doesnt turn on again. It works fine as long as I am driving slow and changing gears lower than 2500 RPM. Apparently, the car does that so the power that AC is taking is redirected to engine helping the car speed up faster. But I don't want that. I can manually turn off the AC button when I want to speed up fast. This is really frustrating.

Is it possible to turn off the auto trip? If yes, any idea how much the mechanic will charge for this? Will turning off this function cause me any kind of problem? I have a Honda City 2008 and a Cuore too. Their ACs do not have this stupid auto trip function. This is the first car I know that have this auto trip function.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I think its programmed in the ECU to stop AC if engine needs power. And i believe it only happens on CNG. I had the same issue on CNG in my exclusive. I asked some AC guys but no good solutions were given. I think its best not to interfere with the electronics of your car. I used to switch to Petrol when i needed AC in rush hours.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by hassannabeel27 View Post
    I think its programmed in the ECU to stop AC if engine needs power. And i believe it only happens on CNG. I had the same issue on CNG in my exclusive. I asked some AC guys but no good solutions were given. I think its best not to interfere with the electronics of your car. I used to switch to Petrol when i needed AC in rush hours.
    Im pretty sure its the same with petrol as well. Today, I drove on petrol the whole time and I was having the same issue. So its the same on gas/petrol.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

its not related with petrol or cng,its related with RPM,if you rev hard,the compressor will go off to en-route power to engine alone... but you should get it checked because you said it dont comes alive back again once it trips... its ok for it to trip,,but when your car starts movin normally,it should turn on again..
    REAL men drive manual cars!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    304 Post(s)
    Tagged
    24 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AC should turn on again once speed is stabilized. If it is not doing that, getit checked, AC tripping happens because of multiple reasons, most common is excess pressure produced in AC system.
    Keep a cool head and wear seatbelts!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@OP: Get it checked by a Chevy mechanic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by cracked View Post
    its not related with petrol or cng,its related with RPM,if you rev hard,the compressor will go off to en-route power to engine alone... but you should get it checked because you said it dont comes alive back again once it trips... its ok for it to trip,,but when your car starts movin normally,it should turn on again..
    Quote Originally Posted by spectra View Post
    AC should turn on again once speed is stabilized. If it is not doing that, getit checked, AC tripping happens because of multiple reasons, most common is excess pressure produced in AC system.
    Sometimes it turns back on, sometimes it doesn't. Even if it gets normal and turns back on everytime, this whole thing is frustrating. I want to completely turn off this function. If I want engine to get the most power while I am speeding up, I can turn off the AC manually. I don't want it to auto trip.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3991 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

the A/C compressor is controlled by the ECU - it switches off if you press the accelerator to quick, it also shuts off when the engine starts to overheat, it also shuts off if compressor rpm mismatch is detected (most common case in Pakistan), and it also shuts off if the evaporator temperature is too low or the low pressure switch detects too low gas charge or the high pressure switch detects overpressure.

I would recommend you check the compressor clutch air gap and the clutch face itself, if its deeply grooved get a new one. But first try to adjust the air gap, remove it and move shims from back of the plate to the front to narrow the gap. Check the belt for wear - if the ribs of the belt have sharp edges on the little peaks - the belt is bad. replace it.

Clean the pulleys with brake cleaner to ensure the new belt does not slip.
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List