Good Answers

Default Formula 1- Season 2013

F1 Fans!!!!
    Welcome to the Season 2013 thread!

Formula1 Fan Club
    Posting Rules
    1) No Spamming.
    2) No Racism.
    3) No Abusive Words, Personal attacks will be tolerated.
    4) Do not copy paste the whole article and news items, please provide the link to the original source.
    5) Standard PakWheels Rules Apply.

Formula 1 Season 2013  -1105577

Formula 1 Season 2013  -1105578

Formula 1 Season 2013  -1105580

Formula 1 Season 2013  -1105767

Previous Seasons's Discussion Archives

Some Formula 1 related WebSites
    Formula1.com

Autosport.com(No article Posting from this Website Allowed)

PlanetF1.com

ESPNF1.com

BBC.co.uk

Crash.net

F1fanatic.co.uk

TotalF1.com

F1Technical.net

F1db.com

Live Streaming

ATDHEnet.tv

eplsite.com

Live Timing

Directo.thef1.es

Here is the Timing Schedule for this weekend's Season Finale Brazilian GP:
    Code:
    Brazilian GP
    Friday
    Practice Session 1   17:00 To 18:30
    Practice Session 2   21:00 To 22:30

Saturday
    Practice Session 3   18:00 To 19:00
    Qualifying Session   21:00 To 22:00

Sunday
    Race                 21:00 To 23:00

Here is the Final World Championships Standings after Season Finale Brazilian GP:
    Code:
    World Championships Standings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:
     1.  Vettel        397        1.  Red Bull-Renault          596
     2.  Alonso        242        2.  Mercedes                  360
     3.  Webber        199        3.  Ferrari                   354
     4.  Hamilton      189        4.  Lotus-Renault             315
     5.  Raikkonen     183        5.  McLaren-Mercedes          122
     6.  Rosberg       171        6.  Force India-Mercedes       77
     7.  Grosjean      132        7.  Sauber-Ferrari             57
     8.  Massa         112        8.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         33
     9.  Button         73        9.  Williams-Renault            5
    10.  Hulkenberg     51       
    11.  Perez          49       
    12.  Di Resta       48       
    13.  Sutil          29       
    14.  Ricciardo      20       
    15.  Vergne         13       
    16.  Gutierrez       6       
    17.  Bottas          4       
    18.  Maldonado       1       

M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Caterham launches racing academy
    Caterham has launched a racing academy which aims to give 'a clear route to F1 for future champions'.

New Pirelli tyres will be 'interesting to run' - Michael
    McLaren's sporting director Sam Michael says a lot of analysis will take place when the teams get to run Pirelli's new tyres in Friday practice for the Canadian Grand Prix.

McLaren defends Perez's driving after criticism
    McLaren sporting director Sam Michael has defended Sergio Perez's driving in the Monaco Grand Prix following criticism from fellow drivers.

McLaren making 'small steps' to front - Michael
    Sam Michael says McLaren can see the progress it is making towards the front of the grid and hopes to continue making "small steps" this weekend in Canada.

Bottas feels he matches Maldonado
    Valtteri Bottas believes he has "more-or-less" matched Pastor Maldonado in the opening six races of his Formula One career.

Canada reverts to two DRS zones
    There will be two DRS zones for this weekend's Canadian Grand Prix after the FIA reduced the number to one last year.

Monaco 'an isolated incident' - Domenicali
    Stefano Domenicali says Ferrari is "determined to regard what happened in Monaco as an isolated incident" ahead of the Canadian Grand Prix.

Horner defends Ferrari test
    Christian Horner has defended Ferrari for the test it carried out with Pirelli prior to the Spanish Grand Prix.

Force India silenced critics - Mallya
    Vijay Mallya believes Force India was able to "silence some critics of the team" with its strong performance in the Monaco Grand Prix.

Newey crashes Lamborghini on formation lap
    Adrian Newey crashed his Lamborghini Gallardo on the formation lap of the second race of the Super Trofeo at Silverstone this weekend.

Kubica takes first WRC2 win
    Robert Kubica took the first victory of his WRC2 career at the weekend after winning his class at the Acropolis Rally.

Hamilton needs to focus on driving not dog - Watson
    Ex-Formula One driver John Watson has advised Lewis Hamilton to leave his dog at home and concentrate on driving.

Mercedes preparing for reality check in Canada
    Mercedes is keeping its expectations in check ahead of the Canadian Grand Prix at the weekend, despite heading to Montreal off the back of a victory in Monaco.

Hankook rules out F1 in 2014
    Hankook has said it would not be possible for it to become a tyre supplier in Formula One next season.

Monaco was just a blip - Boullier
    Lotus team principal Eric Boullier expects his team to bounce back immediately after a difficult weekend at the Monaco Grand Prix.

FIA investigating Ferrari as well as Mercedes over tests
    The FIA has called on Ferrari as well as Mercedes to reply to a disciplinary inquiry over tests conducted with Pirelli.

Pirelli envisages more private tests
    Pirelli expects to complete more tests similar to the one it took part in with Mercedes after the Spanish Grand Prix before the end of 2013.

Pirelli explains Mercedes choice
    Pirelli said it chose Mercedes to complete its 2014 tyre test because it was the first team to offer availability.

Pirelli insists it did nothing wrong at Mercedes test
    Pirelli has defended its private test with Mercedes at the Circuit de Catalunya earlier this month, claiming it did not show favouritism towards Mercedes and that the test was focused on 2014 tyre compounds only.

Mercedes called to International Tribunal over tyre test
    The FIA has called Mercedes to face the International Tribunal over its tyre test with Pirelli but has closed the case against Ferrari.

@NakedTruth
    I don't agree with your language used but I am in full agreement with your comment about the Mercedes and I am pretty sure they will get some sort of punishment without a doubt.
    M Saad Umar-

"Fear is part of people's life. Some of them don't know how to face it, others — where I include myself — learn coexisting with it or face it, not as a negative thing, but like a autoprotection sensation."

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here is the Timing Schedule for this weekend's Canadian GP:
    Code:
    Canadian GP
    Friday
    Practice Session 1   19:00 To 20:30
    Practice Session 2   23:00 To 00:30

Saturday
    Practice Session 3   19:00 To 20:00
    Qualifying Session   22:00 To 23:00

Sunday
    Race                 23:00 To 01:00 (Mon)
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

It has to be done and said!.

I also want Pirelli to be banned from F1 because of the shenanigans they are pulling. I was fully expecting, as the tire choice list was announced, that the tire choices will be the same as in China. Soft and Medium but Pirelli brought Soft and Hard. That really pissed me off.

Of course, this debris killing tires rhetoric by that fat crap is pain too. Lying endlessly!. I was happy when Vettel spoke the truth.

Bring back the best, the Michelin!.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@NakedTruth
    What Pirelli have done is what they were asked to do, I have said it before and I am saying it again Pirelli is not the problem they are the solution to a problem caused by the so called FIA Overtaking Working Group who can't understand the simplest rule that for overtaking you need to cut the aero drag between cars mostly known as "dirty air". The best way to go for it is to use mechanical downforce instead of aerodownforce, can you believe it that the purpose of 2009 regulations was to go that way but from the start they move away from it when FIA allows the DD diffuser followed by EB diffuser in 2010 onwards.

Also, it is not a joke that some of the best races happens in the Pirelli era plus we already more memorable passes from different drivers in this era then we have in the bridgestone era. As for Michelin, well they are not the best because they already created a big controversy back in 2005 Indianapolis GP when only 6 Bridgestone cars competed in the race as 14 Michelin cars withdraws on the safety ground. The whole 2005 season was a Michelin shenanigans year where they were favouring one team over others.

Tyre management is always part of F1 racing so where was Vettel's opinion in previous years when he was able to handle the tyres easily now with RB9 not being able to handle the tyres he is saying stuff that was said by others previously. Now Ferrari and Lotus are able to handle the tyres easily and are showing signs of anger when Pirelli says that they will change the tyres from Canada by a quite bit. Although Pirelli have been stopped by FIA from making substantial changes to the tyres apart from safety enhancement following multiple blowouts, so we have to see what the hard tyres will do in Canada.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I knew what I was testing - Rosberg
    Nico Rosberg has admitted he knew which tyres he was testing during Mercedes' tyre test with Pirelli at Barcelona despite the tyre manufacturer saying the tests were conducted "in the dark".

Race drivers more relevant for Pirelli - Rosberg
    Nico Rosberg says he and Lewis Hamilton did the tyre test for Pirelli because it is more representative for the tyre manufacturer.

Mercedes wants to explain itself over tyre test
    Mercedes says it will "welcome the opportunity to explain the full facts" of its tyre test with Pirelli in front of the FIA's International Tribunal.

Mercedes gained an advantage from tyre test - Vettel
    Sebastian Vettel has no doubt that Mercedes would have gained an advantage from their private tyre test with Pirelli after the Spanish Grand Prix.

Raikkonen not about to forgive Perez
    Kimi Raikkonen feels just as angry towards Sergio Perez now as he did following the Monaco Grand Prix.

Alonso sure Vettel's luck will change
    Fernando Alonso says Sebastian Vettel will hit bad luck soon and that Ferrari must maximise the opportunity when it arises.

Perez not concerned about Raikkonen backlash
    Sergio Perez says he is not concerned there will be any hangover from his row with Kimi Raikkonen at this weekend's Canadian Grand Prix.

New McLaren parts excite Button
    Jenson Button described the new parts he will be testing for McLaren during Friday practice for the Canadian Grand Prix as "exciting".

Tyres should be changed on safety grounds - Vettel
    Sebastian Vettel has criticised resistance against introducing a new structure of rear tyres at the Canadian Grand Prix, arguing it should have been changed on safety grounds.

Hard to gain satisfaction from F1 in 2013 - Webber
    Mark Webber finds it difficult to extract any satisfaction out of driving on the current specification of Pirelli tyres.

Ferrari recovery crucial in Canada - Massa
    Felipe Massa says it is "very important" that Ferrari recovers from a poor Monaco Grand Prix this weekend in Canada.

Life at Sauber tougher than expected - Hulkenberg
    Nico Hulkenberg has admitted that life at his new team has been tougher than expected this year.

Williams ready for step forward in Canada - Maldonado
    Pastor Malonado is expecting Williams to finally make a step forward with its car this weekend in Canada.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by genius83 View Post

Also, it is not a joke that some of the best races happens in the Pirelli era plus we already more memorable passes from different drivers in this era then we have in the bridgestone era. As for Michelin, well they are not the best because they already created a big controversy back in 2005 Indianapolis GP when only 6 Bridgestone cars competed in the race as 14 Michelin cars withdraws on the safety ground. The whole 2005 season was a Michelin shenanigans year where they were favouring one team over others.
    How were those shenanigans?. They brought much extreme and softer tires compared to Bridgestone. Ferrari/Bridgestone used to make one lesser stop compared to Renault/Michelin. Best man won in the end.

I'll take that kind of racing over today's racing any day. Main thing to say here is that I dont want one tire supplier. That is it. 2 should be here and non better than Michelin!. I hope they do return in 2015.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@NakedTruth
    In 2005, tyre stops were banned and only fuel stop was allowed so your reply to my comment shows how much you remember that era correctly. The 2 contenders for the title were both running Michelin and the current champion of that time was on Bridgestone who are facing the dilemma of their life time. They were not able to produce tyres that could last the whole race with the same performance something like what we are seeing nowadays with Pirelli rubber. Michelin on the other hand was providing specified tyres to one team and one driver while the other teams and drivers were facing problems with the tyres including the second contender who was also on the receiving end of tyres induce bad luck resulting a certain victory becoming an immediate retirement. It was until late in the season when FIA intervenes and told Michelin to provide more balance tyres to all the teams that the championship sees a close finish.

Michelin are not coming in the near future because their first requirement is some thing all the teams and FIA are not ready to accept at all.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Di Resta tops wet/dry FP1 in Montreal
    Paul di Resta set the pace during FP1 for the Canadian Grand Prix as a drying track saw a late dash for times on slick tyres.

Code:
    Canadian GP
    Practice Session 1
    Pos Driver                Team                      Time        Gap     Laps
     1. Paul di Resta         Force India-Mercedes      1m21.020s            10
     2. Jenson Button         McLaren-Mercedes          1m21.108s  + 0.088s  20
     3. Romain Grosjean       Lotus-Renault             1m21.258s  + 0.238s  21
     4. Fernando Alonso       Ferrari                   1m21.308s  + 0.288s  16
     5. Kimi Raikkonen        Lotus-Renault             1m21.608s  + 0.588s  22
     6. Daniel Ricciardo      Toro Rosso-Ferrari        1m22.068s  + 1.048s  18
     7. Nico Rosberg          Mercedes                  1m22.402s  + 1.382s  22
     8. Sergio Perez          McLaren-Mercedes          1m22.587s  + 1.567s  17
     9. Sebastian Vettel      Red Bull-Renault          1m23.047s  + 2.027s  26
    10. Mark Webber           Red Bull-Renault          1m23.131s  + 2.111s  16
    11. Felipe Massa          Ferrari                   1m23.341s  + 2.321s  13
    12. Valtteri Bottas       Williams-Renault          1m23.352s  + 2.332s  17
    13. Jean-Eric Vergne      Toro Rosso-Ferrari        1m23.386s  + 2.366s  19
    14. Adrian Sutil          Force India-Mercedes      1m23.417s  + 2.397s  19
    15. Esteban Gutierrez     Sauber-Ferrari            1m23.957s  + 2.937s  33
    16. Lewis Hamilton        Mercedes                  1m25.054s  + 4.034s  21
    17. Nico Hulkenberg       Sauber-Ferrari            1m25.354s  + 4.334s  22
    18. Giedo van der Garde   Caterham-Renault          1m25.753s  + 4.733s  21
    19. Max Chilton           Marussia-Cosworth         1m25.821s  + 4.801s  19
    20. Alexander Rossi       Caterham-Renault          1m27.143s  + 6.123s  20
    21. Pastor Maldonado      Williams-Renault          1m27.522s  + 6.502s  11
    22. Jules Bianchi         Marussia-Cosworth         1m29.306s  + 8.286s   8
    Hamilton claims FIA hearing 'first I've heard' of tyre row
    Lewis Hamilton said he will not attended the hearing into the Mercedes tyre test and rather surprisingly claimed he had not been following the news story in the last fortnight.

Thai GP plans in tatters over racing ban
    The proposed Thai Grand Prix in 2015 looks set to be abandoned after a legislation banned racing on the streets of Bangkok.

Alonso edges Hamilton to fastest time in Friday practice
    Fernando Alonso edged Lewis Hamilton to the fastest time in the second practice session for the Canadian Grand Prix after the rain just about held off for the full 90 minutes.

Code:
    Canadian GP
    Practice Session 2
    Pos  Driver               Team                  Time        Gap     Laps
     1.  Fernando Alonso      Ferrari               1m14.818s            48
     2.  Lewis Hamilton       Mercedes              1m14.830s  + 0.012s  45
     3.  Romain Grosjean      Lotus-Renault         1m15.083s  + 0.265s  40
     4.  Mark Webber          Red Bull-Renault      1m15.212s  + 0.394s  46
     5.  Nico Rosberg         Mercedes              1m15.249s  + 0.431s  46
     6.  Felipe Massa         Ferrari               1m15.254s  + 0.436s  43
     7.  Sebastian Vettel     Red Bull-Renault      1m15.280s  + 0.462s  41
     8.  Adrian Sutil         Force India-Mercedes  1m15.396s  + 0.578s  43
     9.  Jenson Button        McLaren-Mercedes      1m15.422s  + 0.604s  29
    10.  Daniel Ricciardo     Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m15.566s  + 0.748s  38
    11.  Kimi Raikkonen       Lotus-Renault         1m15.599s  + 0.781s  35
    12.  Sergio Perez         McLaren-Mercedes      1m15.661s  + 0.843s  39
    13.  Paul di Resta        Force India-Mercedes  1m15.855s  + 1.037s  22
    14.  Pastor Maldonado     Williams-Renault      1m16.319s  + 1.501s  46
    15.  Jean-Eric Vergne     Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m16.351s  + 1.533s  38
    16.  Valtteri Bottas      Williams-Renault      1m16.374s  + 1.556s  40
    17.  Esteban Gutierrez    Sauber-Ferrari        1m16.475s  + 1.657s  45
    18.  Nico Hulkenberg      Sauber-Ferrari        1m16.929s  + 2.111s  35
    19.  Jules Bianchi        Marussia-Cosworth     1m17.070s  + 2.252s  41
    20.  Charles Pic          Caterham-Renault      1m17.236s  + 2.418s  35
    21.  Max Chilton          Marussia-Cosworth     1m17.888s  + 3.070s  45
    22.  Giedo van der Garde  Caterham-Renault      1m18.392s  + 3.574s  39
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Brawn sticks neck on the line in Mercedes test controversy
    Mercedes team principal Ross Brawn has revealed that he took the decision to take part in a private test with Pirelli last month, as pressure mounts on the team ahead of its appearance at the FIA's International Tribunal.

Pirelli's Hembery pulls out of press conference
    After consulting his company's lawyers, Pirelli motorsport boss Paul Hembery pulled out of Friday's FIA press conference at the Canadian Grand Prix as pressure mounts on the Italian tyre company ahead of its appearance at the FIA's International Tribunal.

Vettel wary of Ferrari and Mercedes
    Sebastian Vettel says he is wary of Ferrari and Mercedes following Friday practice for the Canadian Grand Prix.

Pirelli 'looking forward' to tribunal
    Pirelli's motorsport director Paul Hembery says the tyre manufacturer is "looking forward" to the International Tribunal over its test with Mercedes.

Hamilton still not comfortable with Mercedes
    Lewis Hamilton says he is still having trouble feeling comfortable in his Mercedes despite a strong showing in practice for the Canadian Grand Prix.

Lotus struggling to switch tyres on - Raikkonen
    Kimi Raikkonen says Lotus struggled to switch on the Pirelli tyres for a quick lap during practice for the Canadian Grand Prix.

Gearbox problem stalls McLaren's progress
    Jenson Button was left ruing a gearbox problem in Friday practice that meant he did not get the mileage he wanted to on McLaren's development parts.

Rosberg expecting tight battle for pole
    Nico Rosberg is expecting a tougher battle for pole position at the Canadian Grand Prix this weekend after a tight Friday afternoon practice session.

Di Resta hit by electrical issue
    Force India has confirmed that Paul di Resta's Friday practice was cut short by an electrical problem.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Webber tops shortened final practice in Montreal
    Mark Webber snatched the fastest time during a damp, delayed and shortened final practice for the Canadian Grand Prix.

Code:
    Canadian GP
    Practice Session 3
    Pos Driver               Team                  Time        Gap     Laps
     1. Mark Webber          Red Bull-Renault      1m17.895s             7
     2. Adrian Sutil         Force India-Mercedes  1m18.248s  + 0.353s   8
     3. Lewis Hamilton       Mercedes              1m18.732s  + 0.837s   7
     4. Fernando Alonso      Ferrari               1m18.977s  + 1.082s  10
     5. Sebastian Vettel     Red Bull-Renault      1m19.131s  + 1.236s   6
     6. Nico Rosberg         Mercedes              1m19.457s  + 1.562s   7
     7. Paul di Resta        Force India-Mercedes  1m19.496s  + 1.601s   6
     8. Felipe Massa         Ferrari               1m19.750s  + 1.855s   9
     9. Jenson Button        McLaren-Mercedes      1m19.790s  + 1.895s   9
    10. Kimi Raikkonen       Lotus-Renault         1m20.316s  + 2.421s   8
    11. Romain Grosjean      Lotus-Renault         1m20.596s  + 2.701s   9
    12. Pastor Maldonado     Williams-Renault      1m21.035s  + 3.140s  12
    13. Daniel Ricciardo     Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m21.364s  + 3.469s   7
    14. Max Chilton          Marussia-Cosworth     1m21.652s  + 3.757s   9
    15. Nico Hulkenberg      Sauber-Ferrari        1m22.021s  + 4.126s  14
    16. Esteban Gutierrez    Sauber-Ferrari        1m22.720s  + 4.825s  15
    17. Jean-Eric Vergne     Toro Rosso-Ferrari    1m23.058s  + 5.163s   7
    18. Giedo van der Garde  Caterham-Renault      1m23.132s  + 5.237s  14
    19. Sergio Perez         McLaren-Mercedes      1m23.309s  + 5.414s   8
    20. Charles Pic          Caterham-Renault      1m23.620s  + 5.725s  12
    21. Valtteri Bottas      Williams-Renault      1m24.317s  + 6.422s  12
    22. Jules Bianchi        Marussia-Cosworth     1m26.195s  + 8.300s   9
    Vettel edges out Hamilton and Bottas for pole
    Sebastian Vettel took pole position for the Canadian Grand Prix, edging out Lewis Hamilton and Valtteri Bottas in changeable conditions in Montreal.

Code:
    Canadian GP
    Qualifying Session
    Pos Driver                Team                 Time        Gap   
     1. Sebastian Vettel      Red Bull-Renault     1m25.425s   
     2. Lewis Hamilton        Mercedes             1m25.512s  + 0.087s 
     3. Valtteri Bottas       Williams-Renault     1m25.897s  + 0.472s 
     4. Nico Rosberg          Mercedes             1m26.008s  + 0.583s 
     5. Mark Webber           Red Bull-Renault     1m26.208s  + 0.783s 
     6. Fernando Alonso       Ferrari              1m26.504s  + 1.079s 
     7. Jean-Eric Vergne      Toro Rosso-Ferrari   1m26.543s  + 1.118s 
     8. Adrian Sutil          Force India-Mercedes 1m27.348s  + 1.923s 
     9. Kimi Raikkonen        Lotus-Renault        1m27.432s  + 2.007s
    10. Daniel Ricciardo      Toro Rosso-Ferrari   1m27.946s  + 2.521s
    Q2 cut-off time: 1m36.811s                                 Gap **
    11. Nico Hulkenberg       Sauber-Ferrari       1m29.435s  + 1.786s
    12. Sergio Perez          McLaren-Mercedes     1m29.761s  + 2.112s
    13. Pastor Maldonado      Williams-Renault     1m29.917s  + 2.268s
    14. Jenson Button         McLaren-Mercedes     1m30.068s  + 2.419s
    15. Esteban Gutierrez     Sauber-Ferrari       1m30.315s  + 2.666s
    16. Felipe Massa          Ferrari              1m30.354s  + 2.705s
    Q1 cut-off time: 1m24.776s                                 Gap *
    17. Paul di Resta         Force India-Mercedes 1m24.908s  + 2.590
    18. Charles Pic           Caterham-Renault     1m25.626s  + 3.308
    19. Romain Grosjean       Lotus-Renault        1m25.716s  + 3.398
    20. Jules Bianchi         Marussia-Cosworth    1m26.508s  + 4.190
    21. Max Chilton           Marussia-Cosworth    1m27.062s  + 4.744
    22. Giedo van der Garde   Caterham-Renault     1m27.110s  + 4.792
    107% time: 1m28.080s   * Gap to quickest in Q1    ** Gap to quickest in Q2

Vettel confident in all race conditions
    Sebastian Vettel is confident he can be competitive come rain or shine at Sunday's Canadian Grand Prix.

Error cost me pole - Hamilton
    Lewis Hamilton believes an error made on his final flying lap may have cost him pole position for the Canadian Grand Prix.

Bottas' third 'a nice boost' for Williams
    Valtteri Bottas believes his third place in qualifying for the Canadian Grand Prix is "a nice boost" for Williams after a poor start to the season for the team.

Webber one reprimand from penalty
    Mark Webber is just one reprimand away from a ten-place grid penalty after receiving his second of the season in Montreal.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Raikkonen and Ricciardo hit with grid penalties
    Kimi Raikkonen and Daniel Ricciardo will both start one place further back on the grid at the Canadian Grand Prix after being slapped with penalties by the stewards.

Code:
    Revised grid:
     1. Sebastian Vettel      Red Bull-Renault
     2. Lewis Hamilton        Mercedes
     3. Valtteri Bottas       Williams-Renault
     4. Nico Rosberg          Mercedes
     5. Mark Webber           Red Bull-Renault
     6. Fernando Alonso       Ferrari
     7. Jean-Eric Vergne      Toro Rosso-Ferrari
     8. Adrian Sutil          Force India-Mercedes
     9. Nico Hulkenberg       Sauber-Ferrari
    10. Kimi Raikkonen        Lotus-Renault
    11. Daniel Ricciardo      Toro Rosso-Ferrari
    12. Sergio Perez          McLaren-Mercedes
    13. Pastor Maldonado      Williams-Renault
    14. Jenson Button         McLaren-Mercedes
    15. Esteban Gutierrez     Sauber-Ferrari
    16. Felipe Massa          Ferrari
    17. Paul di Resta         Force India-Mercedes
    18. Charles Pic           Caterham-Renault
    19. Jules Bianchi         Marussia-Cosworth
    20. Max Chilton           Marussia-Cosworth
    21. Giedo van der Garde   Caterham-Renault
    22. Romain Grosjean       Lotus-Renault
    A win is still possible - Alonso
    Fernando Alonso believes victory is still possible at the Canadian Grand Prix, despite qualifying in sixth place on the grid.

Massa affected 'psychologically' by crash
    Felipe Massa says he was only affected "psychologically" by his crash during qualifying for the Canadian Grand Prix.

Di Resta livid with Force India errors
    Paul di Resta was livid with Force India after he dropped out of qualifying in Q1 for the second race in a row.

'It can't get much worse' - Raikkonen
    Kimi Raikkonen says Sunday's race at the Canadian Grand Prix cannot be any worse than his qualifying performance after he struggled to ninth on the grid on Saturday.

Button explains how he missed his qualifying lap
    Jenson Button has admitted his McLaren was not quick enough to make the top ten in qualifying for the Canadian Grand Prix, despite his botched final run in Q2.

Webber believes Mercedes was hiding pace
    Mark Webber expects Mercedes was hiding its long run pace during practice on Friday and will be quick in tomorrow's Canadian Grand Prix.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel for the win.

Kimi and Ric deserved the penalties.

Vettel looking good for the 4th championship.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel...!!

Canada....finally!
    Every time someone refers to Honda Civic as 'reborn', a puppy dies! Oh and I hate increasing my post count.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel extends championship lead with easy Canada win
    Sebastian Vettel extended his championship lead as he eased to victory in the Canadian Grand Prix.

Code:
    Canadian GP
    Race Results
    Pos  Driver                Team                   Time/Gap
     1.  Sebastian Vettel      Red Bull-Renault       1h32m09.143
     2.  Fernando Alonso       Ferrari                +   14.408s
     3.  Lewis Hamilton        Mercedes               +   15.942s
     4.  Mark Webber           Red Bull-Renault       +   25.731s
     5.  Nico Rosberg          Mercedes               + 1m09.725s
     6.  Jean-Eric Vergne      Toro Rosso-Ferrari     +     1 lap
     7.  Paul di Resta         Force India-Mercedes   +     1 lap
     8.  Felipe Massa          Ferrari                +     1 lap
     9.  Kimi Raikkonen        Lotus-Renault          +     1 lap
    10.  Adrian Sutil          Force India-Mercedes   +     1 lap
    11.  Sergio Perez          McLaren-Mercedes       +     1 lap
    12.  Jenson Button         McLaren-Mercedes       +     1 lap
    13.  Romain Grosjean       Lotus-Renault          +     1 lap
    14.  Valtteri Bottas       Williams-Renault       +     1 lap
    15.  Daniel Ricciardo      Toro Rosso-Ferrari     +    2 laps
    16.  Pastor Maldonado      Williams-Renault       +    2 laps
    17.  Jules Bianchi         Marussia-Cosworth      +    2 laps
    18.  Charles Pic           Caterham-Renault       +    2 laps
    19.  Max Chilton           Marussia-Cosworth      +    3 laps
    20.  Esteban Gutierrez     Sauber-Ferrari         +    7 laps
    Fastest lap: Webber, 1:16.182

Not classified/retirements:
    Driver                Team                         On lap
    Nico Hulkenberg       Sauber-Ferrari                45
    Giedo van der Garde   Caterham-Renault              43
    Here is the Championship Standings after Canadian GP:
    Code:
    World Championships Stangings
    Drivers:                    Constructors:             
     1.  Vettel        132        1.  Red Bull-Renault          201
     2.  Alonso         96        2.  Ferrari                   145
     3.  Raikkonen      88        3.  Mercedes                  134
     4.  Hamilton       77        4.  Lotus-Renault             114
     5.  Webber         69        5.  Force India-Mercedes       51
     6.  Rosberg        57        6.  McLaren-Mercedes           37
     7.  Massa          49        7.  Toro Rosso-Ferrari         20
     8.  Di Resta       34        8.  Sauber-Ferrari              5
     9.  Grosjean       26       
    10.  Button         25       
    11.  Sutil          17       
    12.  Vergne         13       
    13.  Perez          12       
    14.  Ricciardo       7       
    15.  Hulkenberg      5       

Vettel thrilled to end Montreal losing streak
    Sebastian Vettel was thrilled to break his Canadian Grand Prix duck on Sunday after a dominant display in Montreal.

Second feels like a win - Alonso
    Fernando Alonso says second place in the Canadian Grand Prix feels like a victory after a tricky weekend.

In-season testing looks set to return in 2014
    Formula One looks set to see a return to in-season testing next year after a majority of teams voted in favour of four tests during the course of the 2014 season.

Marshal dies following crane incident
    A marshal has died in hospital after being run over by a crane returning Esteban Gutierrez's Sauber after the Canadian Grand Prix.

Alonso chased me 'like a bull' - Hamilton
    Lewis Hamilton has no complaints with Fernando Alonso after the two went wheel to wheel and made contact fighting over second position at the Canadian Grand Prix.

Webber fumes at van der Garde
    Mark Webber slammed Giedo van der Garde for the contact which damaged his front wing when running third in the Canadian Grand Prix.

Hamilton the benchmark for Mercedes - Rosberg
    Nico Rosberg says he didn't have the pace to finish higher than fifth in the Canadian Grand Prix but that Lewis Hamilton's result was the benchmark for Mercedes.

Vergne sends out message to Red Bull
    Jean-Eric Vergne sent out a message to Red Bull after securing a career-best sixth place in the Canadian Grand Prix.

'It was like we were in a different category' - Button
    Jenson Button said he felt like he was racing in a different category at the Canadian Grand Prix after both McLarens finished outside the points.

'Character building' weekend for Lotus
    Lotus team principal Eric Boullier said it was a "character building" weekend for the team after scoring just two points in the Canadian Grand Prix.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I am really sad to say that Kimi has got 24 consecutive points finishes. I really wanted him to retire or come 11th.

Massa needs to die. As simple as that. Couldn't pass a broken car. Pathetic. Really pathetic. I hope he is gone after this year. Go drive a damn Caterham.

Now, there you go. Vettel won!. Really surprised by Alonso. We pulled one out of the bag.

I dont really care about Alonso's stupid comments that Vettel is due some bad luck. WTF is that?. Reliability is top notch and what if Vettel doesn't retire once and finishes every race on podium or top 5?. What then?. So, yeah. Don't really care about Alonso's rant about bad luck. You need to check yourself and your team that likes to make stupid mistakes.

BTW, maple head died. Blame the radio/headphones. Then again, fat people, specially fat marshals, shouldn't be on the track. I dont need to write examples to what happens to them when the call of duty arrives.

@ everyone

What are your views on bad luck?. 17 days to the next race so lets discuss bad luck. :p

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Seb has extended his contract with RBR to 2015.
    Every time someone refers to Honda Civic as 'reborn', a puppy dies! Oh and I hate increasing my post count.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Didn't expect anything else.

Kimi to RBR!.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Vettel to stay at Red Bull until end of 2015
    Sebastian Vettel has extended his Red Bull contract until the end of 2015, putting an end to speculation he might join Ferrari next season.

Montezemolo hopes FIA prosecutes Mercedes
    Ferrari president Luca di Montezemolo is hoping the FIA's International Tribunal will prosecute Mercedes for its private test with Pirelli in order to maintain a level of "professionalism" in Formula One.

Space preventing F1 comeback - Kubica
    Robert Kubica says a lack of space in the cockpit is all that is stopping him from harbouring hopes of a return to Formula One at present.

New Jersey claims long-term contract
    The promoter of the Grand Prix of America says it has a 15-year long contract to stage Formula One from next season.

Thailand eyeing new Phuket venue
    The organisers of the proposed Thai Grand Prix are focusing on relocating the race to Phuket after plans to host it in Bangkok were dashed by a new law.

Silverstone Young Driver Test dates confirmed
    Silverstone has confirmed that it will host a Young Driver Test at the circuit from July 17-19.

Massa slams Monaco medical response
    Felipe Massa has called for an overhaul in the Monaco medical infrastructure after being left unimpressed by the treatment he received after crashing at this year's race.

Whitmarsh doubts there will be 21 races in 2014
    McLaren team principal and FOTA chairman Martin Whitmarsh is sceptical about the prospect of 21 races in 2014.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@NakedTruth
    Bad luck or good luck depends on the time any incident happens and the consequences that it brought which are faces by others. I will give you 2 examples of that:
    1) Season 1984: Monaco GP was held under treacherous weather conditions Prost in the McLaren was leading the race while Ayrton Senna in the Toleman was coming through the field with some brilliant overtaking in the wet. After sometime as it looks like that Ayrton could take the lead Prost start waving hands to the officials for stopping the race, although by the time they stop the race Ayrton has already overtaken Prost but because of the rules of F1 the race was counted to be stopped at 2 laps before the original stoppage and Prost was leading at that point of time so was awarded the win with only half points were awarded as the only 50% of the race distance was covered. At the end of the season Prost lost the title to his team mate Niki Lauda by 0.5 point the same half point that he tries to earn in the Monaco GP by avoiding to lost to Senna. The good luck from Monaco becomes the bad luck for the whole season.

2) Season 2008: The famous Singapore GP after the safety car deployed and all the teams call their drivers to pits Massa in the Ferrari came in the pits as the leader of the race and left the pits as the last car after the technical mishap while Alonso who pitted a lap earlier and was way down at 15 takes the lead of the race because of the same safety car. So one incident results bad luck and good luck for 2 different drivers at the same time.
    M Saad Umar-

-- Ayrton Senna

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Just as a side question: Does anyone here (or has anyone here) followed IndyCar or Champ Car?
    This comment was made by a person with a tested IQ of negative 9.

Closed Thread
Page 27 of 39 FirstFirst ... 17252627282937 ... LastLast

User Tag List