Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
Results 21 to 34 of 34
Like Tree9Likes

Thread: Chevrolet Exclusive/ Joy Fan Club

  1. #1
    PakWheeler Follow
    saudnbp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Posts
    20
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Post Chevrolet Exclusive/ Joy Fan Club

    Hey guys can any Chevrolet exclusive or Joy owner give feedback about performance of this car. I think its the best car within range of 250,000-400,000. But havent seen it much on road specially in Karachi...Whats the reason behind its failure?? comments plzzz....

    Attached Images Attached Images         

  2. #21
    PakWheeler Follow
    SPINBACHA's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2013
    Location
    Mardan
    Posts
    331
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtremist View Post
    Hello guys.
    I have recently bought a used 2005 exclusive version. Need to ask a few questions.
    I though the car has power windows, but this car of mine has manual windows. Is it possible that my car is genuinely manual? or have the power packs been replaced by previous owner on my car?
    They say that it has a power steering, but it feels like this car of mine has semi-power steering. Doesnt feel soft as power steering, but neither does it feel very hard. If it is power, what can i do to improve its softness?
    AC isnt working. So please can anyone recommend me a good AC technician where i can fix that.
    Congratulations : keeping in view of investment or spent money is NOT mistake . Its a very comfortable car. Repair and maintenance is not a big issue step by step it will be resolve by the help of pakwheels brothers and friends.

  3. #22
    PakWheeler Follow
    xtremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Thanks man. looking forward to help and support from brother like you. cheers
    Da OnE aT iTz XtReMez....

  4. #23
    PakWheeler Follow
    FaiqBarlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    I changed the CDI unit and problem solved.

  5. #24
    PakWheeler Follow
    xtremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    ok i have come across a minor problem.

    the car sometimes starts misfiring/missing so bad that its hard to go over 40kmph and when i switch it off and start the engine again, it becomes okay as if there never was any missing. What could be the reason? Should i get the ECU checked?
    Da OnE aT iTz XtReMez....

  6. #25
    PakWheeler Follow
    FaiqBarlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtremist View Post
    ok i have come across a minor problem.

    the car sometimes starts misfiring/missing so bad that its hard to go over 40kmph and when i switch it off and start the engine again, it becomes okay as if there never was any missing. What could be the reason? Should i get the ECU checked?
    If you are having this problem on petrol it might be due to fuel pump.
    Please check your injector valve as well by a good mechanic.

  7. #26
    PakWheeler Follow
    xtremist's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    27
    Posts
    777
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    yes im having this on petrol, and got it checked today from montgomery road official chevrolet workshop. he told me the same that misfiring could be due to either fuel pump or it could be due to worn out fuel pump air pipe. but there were lots of other cars and mechanic told me it would take 2-3 hours But i have a question, if either of these is true, how come the misfiring/missing vanishes away sometimes? shouldnt it be continuous in this case? I personally thought the problem might be with something electrical.
    Da OnE aT iTz XtReMez....

  8. #27
    PakWheeler Follow
    MuhammadAdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    1
    Following
    11
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by xtremist View Post
    Thanks for your reply bro. and no need to be sad. Atleast im not. I am happy with what i have bought. Considering what i paid for it, still a great value for money.

    Ok another question, its Islamabad number. Whats the procedure for getting it transferred to lahore, and having it transferred on my name? do i have to go to islamabad? And can i get a copy file from excise office? Also please tell if i can pay its tokens in lahore?
    It's good to see that you're satisfied Congrats then, Hunt for some good mechanic in your town and enjoy the comfortable ride. No doubt there's no better competitor of chevy exclusive in Pakistan in this range.
    Regarding registration process, sorry I don't have any expert knowledge in this regard. But I'm sure there would be many other threads here focusing on the similar topic. good luck

    Quote Originally Posted by xtremist View Post
    yes im having this on petrol, and got it checked today from montgomery road official chevrolet workshop. he told me the same that misfiring could be due to either fuel pump or it could be due to worn out fuel pump air pipe. but there were lots of other cars and mechanic told me it would take 2-3 hours But i have a question, if either of these is true, how come the misfiring/missing vanishes away sometimes? shouldnt it be continuous in this case? I personally thought the problem might be with something electrical.
    Have you checked spark plugs and cables first? If not do it as a first step and replace if required. Go for original cables rather than local. You can buy original stuff from Nexus motors Karachi. Remember original stuff should has sticker of GM (General Motors) on the packing material.
    http://adilmazhar.xyz

  9. #28
    PakWheeler Follow
    MuhammadAdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    1
    Following
    11
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FaiqBarlas View Post
    I changed the CDI unit and problem solved.
    Sorry, can you please confirm which exactly is the CDI unit? Is it the unit that's called ignition coil or something else?
    http://adilmazhar.xyz

  10. #29
    PakWheeler Follow
    FaiqBarlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhammadAdil View Post
    Sorry, can you please confirm which exactly is the CDI unit? Is it the unit that's called ignition coil or something else?
    It is inside distributor.

  11. #30
    PakWheeler Follow
    MuhammadAdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    1
    Following
    11
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FaiqBarlas View Post
    It is inside distributor.
    Ahaan thanks, this is what I was perceiving as it seems to me that this problem could be reason of malfunctioning of distributor but replacing distributor with new one is costly solution. Only thing you can do is to replace with 'Kabli' distributor. I'm not sure if local mechanics do repair distributor. Somebody had told me that electronic components like distributor and ICV values are sensitive and our local mechanics don't repair them due to lack of expert knowledge so they suggest you to replace the part.
    http://adilmazhar.xyz

  12. #31
    PakWheeler Follow
    FaiqBarlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhammadAdil View Post
    Ahaan thanks, this is what I was perceiving as it seems to me that this problem could be reason of malfunctioning of distributor but replacing distributor with new one is costly solution. Only thing you can do is to replace with 'Kabli' distributor. I'm not sure if local mechanics do repair distributor. Somebody had told me that electronic components like distributor and ICV values are sensitive and our local mechanics don't repair them due to lack of expert knowledge so they suggest you to replace the part.
    changing complete distributor assembly is not recommended at all. It is a very costly solution more than 10k. First buy only the inside part (CDI) and ask your mechanic to replace it with old one. I am pretty sure it will solve the problem as one of expert mechanic of chevrolet told me that this is a common problem in this vehicle.

  13. #32
    PakWheeler Follow
    MuhammadAdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    1
    Following
    11
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FaiqBarlas View Post
    changing complete distributor assembly is not recommended at all. It is a very costly solution more than 10k. First buy only the inside part (CDI) and ask your mechanic to replace it with old one. I am pretty sure it will solve the problem as one of expert mechanic of chevrolet told me that this is a common problem in this vehicle.
    Ahaan ok thanks for the info. Yes new (original) distributor costs around 13-14k, that's why local mechanics suggest to replace it with kabli distributor. I just contacted Nexus Motors Karachi for getting CDI's price and came to know that exclusives came with two different distributors by different companies. Hence CDI units for both of the distributors are different and original one costs around 7k. Almost half of the distributor's price but still seems costly
    http://adilmazhar.xyz

  14. #33
    PakWheeler Follow
    FaiqBarlas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    26
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by MuhammadAdil View Post
    Ahaan ok thanks for the info. Yes new (original) distributor costs around 13-14k, that's why local mechanics suggest to replace it with kabli distributor. I just contacted Nexus Motors Karachi for getting CDI's price and came to know that exclusives came with two different distributors by different companies. Hence CDI units for both of the distributors are different and original one costs around 7k. Almost half of the distributor's price but still seems costly
    There is one person famous with name of (kaka) near lalokhet 10 no. karachi. he sales used parts of chevrolet and santro.
    I purchased cdi from there in around 2k. and one more good option is he can return the item if your problem is still there. I do not have his contact number right now will try to find it.

  15. #34
    PakWheeler Follow
    MuhammadAdil's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Posts
    157
    Follows
    1
    Following
    11
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by FaiqBarlas View Post
    There is one person famous with name of (kaka) near lalokhet 10 no. karachi. he sales used parts of chevrolet and santro.
    I purchased cdi from there in around 2k. and one more good option is he can return the item if your problem is still there. I do not have his contact number right now will try to find it.
    I'm from Rawalpindi/Islamabad and yes people like kaka are almost in every city. This is what to which i was naming 'Kabli'. Even we can get entire kabli distributor amounting to Rs. 3k.
    BTW Thanks for the info. i was just asking for the sake of info as being a chevy fan, I want to have maximum knowledge about these cars.
    http://adilmazhar.xyz

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •