Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Any GOOD Chevrolet mechanics in ISLAMABAD?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Any GOOD Chevrolet mechanics in ISLAMABAD?

Can someone recommend a GOOD Chevrolet Joy mechanic in ISLAMABAD (Pindi too if not ISB)? Someone who knows the car inside out and also has computer equipment for problems that require a computer.

The obvious problem seems to be with the throttle body. I got a new (Kabuli) one as the old one broke and I got it programmed from Chevrolet Rawalpindi Motors (not original company dealers) and I don't think they had any idea what they were doing. Charged me Rs. 5000 and I'm still having problems. I think I need to get it programmed again but from someone who knows what they are doing.

Problems:-

1. Poor acceleration both on gas and petrol.
    2. Engine keeps shutting down if I don't keep my foot on the accelerator when I start it in the morning.
    3. Occasional engine shutting down on gas even after the engine temperature gets to normal (one point before mid on temp gauge).
    4. Shuts down every time I turn on the AC with car on neutral (both on petrol and gas).

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

please some one should reply? Is there any good mechanic
    My chevy 2003 'Check engine light' is ON when its on CNG, I want to scan it from device, is there any honest mechanic for chevy in RWP or ISB?

3. 17-09-2013, 02:04 PM

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Hi Badar,
    i want to fix some issues with my chevy exclusive as well and didn't find any competent mechanic yet. if you find please let me know as well.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

My bro in law having Chev Joy got his throttle body cleaned and started having issues with it. the car idles at high rpm. the rpm fluctuates and throttle position seems to be always there where it shouldnt be.

the work was done by chev RWP motors. his adjustment was also done by ISB motors but the problem persists. So i would be glad if someone provides a solution.
    -

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i know a very good Chevrolet mechanic. His name is Naveed.. he has worked for 5 years at chevrolet and now running his own workshop at I&T center G-10 Islamabad. his contact number is.. 0321-5294274.... He knows his work very well. Give him a try..

Also there is another very good mechanic and electrician named Muzammil in Rawalpindi.. He is also expert in chevy cars. Having computer for all chevy models here. His address is Muazammil Chevrolet Motors, Chur Chowk, Rawalpindi.. His contact numbers are 0336-6667415 and 0315-2227415. he can also provide parts much cheaper than Aziz Autos or anybody else in Twin Cities. ..

7. 08-02-2014, 05:45 PM

PakWheeler

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Question

Quote Originally Posted by Retaliator View Post
    My bro in law having Chev Joy got his throttle body cleaned and started having issues with it. the car idles at high rpm. the rpm fluctuates and throttle position seems to be always there where it shouldnt be.

the work was done by chev RWP motors. his adjustment was also done by ISB motors but the problem persists. So i would be glad if someone provides a solution.
    Hi , did you find any solution for it?

Newbie Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas9 View Post
    Can someone recommend a GOOD Chevrolet Joy mechanic in ISLAMABAD (Pindi too if not ISB)? Someone who knows the car inside out and also has computer equipment for problems that require a computer.

The obvious problem seems to be with the throttle body. I got a new (Kabuli) one as the old one broke and I got it programmed from Chevrolet Rawalpindi Motors (not original company dealers) and I don't think they had any idea what they were doing. Charged me Rs. 5000 and I'm still having problems. I think I need to get it programmed again but from someone who knows what they are doing.

Problems:-

1. Poor acceleration both on gas and petrol.
    2. Engine keeps shutting down if I don't keep my foot on the accelerator when I start it in the morning.
    3. Occasional engine shutting down on gas even after the engine temperature gets to normal (one point before mid on temp gauge).
    4. Shuts down every time I turn on the AC with car on neutral (both on petrol and gas).
    salam bro any luck with your car issue as i am having same issue with my car replace my chery qq wngine with chevy engine and really need to fix it. would appreciate if you can provide me any good mechanic in isb/rwp contact number with ecu skills on hand.
    cheers

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Here's detailed answer to your thread:

https://www.pakwheels.com/forums/mem...-parts-rwp-isb

I listed the entire info i had regarding mechanics and parts sellers in Twin City. Will try to keep that thread updated with more info & updates. Hopefully it will be quite beneficial for all of you!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List