1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Chevrolet Joy: Throttle body issue

So my mechanic told me that the throttle body broke down and I'll have to replace it. So I went to Pindi and got a Kabuli throttle body for Rs. 9000. The guy told me that I'll need to get it programmed as well and recommended me Chevrolet Rawalpindi Motors (not company dealers). So I went to them. They charged me Rs. 5000 and so called programmed it but I'm still having issues with it.

Problems:-

1. Poor acceleration both on gas and petrol.
    2. Engine keeps shutting down if I don't keep my foot on the accelerator when I start it in the morning.
    3. Occasional engine shutting down on gas even after the engine temperature gets to normal (one point before mid on temp gauge).
    4. Shuts down every time I turn on the AC with car on neutral (both on petrol and gas).

I think the throttle body wasn't programmed properly. Am I right? Do these problems sound like incorrect programming of throttle body is causing them?

I need a GOOD Chevrolet mechanic in Islamabad/Pindi (preferably, ISB) to diagnose the exact problem and fix it.

Similar Threads:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Joy is a good car but our desi roadside(jahil) machanics destroying its..

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by jas9 View Post
    So my mechanic told me that the throttle body broke down and I'll have to replace it. So I went to Pindi and got a Kabuli throttle body for Rs. 9000. The guy told me that I'll need to get it programmed as well and recommended me Chevrolet Rawalpindi Motors (not company dealers). So I went to them. They charged me Rs. 5000 and so called programmed it but I'm still having issues with it.

Problems:-

1. Poor acceleration both on gas and petrol.
    2. Engine keeps shutting down if I don't keep my foot on the accelerator when I start it in the morning.
    3. Occasional engine shutting down on gas even after the engine temperature gets to normal (one point before mid on temp gauge).
    4. Shuts down every time I turn on the AC with car on neutral (both on petrol and gas).

I think the throttle body wasn't programmed properly. Am I right? Do these problems sound like incorrect programming of throttle body is causing them?

I need a GOOD Chevrolet mechanic in Islamabad/Pindi (preferably, ISB) to diagnose the exact problem and fix it.
    Hi
    If you find any good mechanic then plz share brother?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Not in Islamabad,,but in KHI i know the one,,which is my own mechanic, i am also chevy owner, have exclusive 2005 korean..i am sharing his Cell No..here..u can discuss the problem with him..to get the clear idea..

His name is Mr. Saleem & Cell No is : 0345-2158516 .. give him my referance...Nadir Hussain.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ifranadir View Post
    Dear Not in Islamabad,,but in KHI i know the one,,which is my own mechanic, i am also chevy owner, have exclusive 2005 korean..i am sharing his Cell No..here..u can discuss the problem with him..to get the clear idea..

His name is Mr. Saleem & Cell No is : 0345-2158516 .. give him my referance...Nadir Hussain.

give shop address also for others convenience

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

His shop is near qayyumabad bridge,,near bukhari car service on the left side, while driving towards qayyumabad bridge.

7. 08-02-2014, 05:50 PM

PakWheeler

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List