Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Like Tree9Likes
  • 2 Post By coooooldude
  • 4 Post By Xulfiqar
  • 1 Post By Naweed
  • 1 Post By a_n_memon88
  • 1 Post By adidevil

Thread: Inquiry about Mercedes C200, model 2007.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Inquiry about Mercedes C200, model 2007.

My brother purchased a Mercedes 2007, c200 six months back. The car was running all smooth with no problem whatsoever. 3 days back I took it to Shahnawaz Motor Service Center at i-10 Islamabad for service and called the incharge to hand over the car. As soon as that guy sat in the car and turned the key (the remote one), the ignition didn't respond. The car was literally dead and he said it would take 2 days to diagnose. Today the incharge called and said the car had been diagnosed for 'Steering lock' problem and it would take 127000rps + 1.5months to repair.. He said the parts would be imported and blah blah.. On asking the reason that why it happened all of a sudden he just said that, 'thats electronic and it happens'..
    Kindly pakwheelers help me in this regard.. I need to ask that:
    -Had any one faced this 'all of a sudden car gets dead' problem?
    -127000rp for just steering lock?
    -Why it happened?
    -What should I do now in this regard?

Thanks in advance.
    Regards

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Insane
    U drove the car to shahnawaz centre
    U came out
    Guy sat in
    Steering lock screwed up????
    That's fishy bro

Sent from my A10 using PW Forums mobile app
    I am not a MOD.... And am proud of that....

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Secondly
    U r hijacked
    No one else can help u or get u out of this except shahnawaz

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3988 Post(s)
    Tagged
    94 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ask for the diagnosis test log from them and the parts list and ask them if their "orange workshop key" starts the car.

The USD 1100/- module is the drive authorization module, I have only seen ONE car on which it had gone bad and that was due to water damage. The module cannot be bought used as it is coded only once from MB in Sindelfingen and is then permanently married to the car. It can take 10 keys in its lifetime.

I suggest you check the key first, it is known for MB keys to lose their function - (usually due to tight jeans pockets or cosmetic spill over in ladies purses), a new key usually solves such phantom failures and Shahnawaz Ltd are known for taking wallets on a ride.

btw does the car function at all? any message display on the guages when you attempt to spin the key?
    ZRS - Zulfiqar Racing Systems ..... - professionals at work - at crackwheels.com

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@coooooldude:
    That's what it is.. I'm really pissed off over that guy. As soon as he sat the car's dial stopped responding. Its really unfortunate and shocking. I think that incharge did something as soon as he sat in it. Now its all upto them as they rip me of for this huge bill! I wonder if there is any expert, who can talk to that incharge on my behalf for this steering lock issue as all he is telling me 'ky bus electronic hai toh kabhi bhi hojata hai'.. this doesn't makes any sense.
    @Xulfiqar
    Will surely ask for diagnosis test log and the required part list tomorrow morning. The key looks fine. I mean you can still lock, unlock the car from it plus there is no incident of it getting in contact with water or stuck in tight jeans pocket. The car's dial or steering is not responding. You insert the key and turn it and nothing happens except it shows the mileage on the dial.
    Couldn't understand the USD module thingy. Kindly elaborate. and does it happens? the guy there says 'ky steering lock hogaya hai, part import karana parey ga and bill 127000 baney ga' I mean this huge bill for just steering lock? and that too without any reason.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Tell that smug
    Dork its 1886 since u guys are giving 3 pointers from land of machines ... Germany
    So stop telling that kbi kbi hojata e
    Its Mercedes Benz .... the best or nothing
    I never saw any German car on road side with hood up....
    That guy z screwing u up
    I think u r not a car fanatic ...
    He smelled blood in u as a wolf.....
    Bcoz u drove car to the showroom
    Aik second mien kese khrab hogya....
    Tell him to take u on call with German head office ... conference call
    About diagnosis
    Or do something
    Don't believe him
    Ask volverine
    He had a 2007 c class

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

This is the problem of our nation.
    What an Idea SIR G.......

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ coooooldude
    Inquiry about Mercedes C200, model 2007. - user online

Thanks for the concern brother. I took the guy who sold us this Merc. He did talk with him but all the incharge's conclusion was 'ky mei kya kar sakta hun , app ky samney hee hai situation'. Took also a guy from Mercedes Smart and with the use of some gadget he said its anti-theft lock has broken.. (I'm simply confused on whom to believe) We have no other option left than to give him green signal for repairs. Repairs of 127000 + 1.5months of wait; which was initially just about a thorough Car-Wash. This is how Shahnawaz motor i10/3 ripped us off in our very first visit!

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

sohna

Inquiry about Mercedes C200, model 2007. - user offlineCorruption,swindling,embezzlement,overpricing, hoarding, tax-evasions; It looks like here everything is fair in business.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by khyam View Post
    @ coooooldude
    Inquiry about Mercedes C200, model 2007. - user online

Thanks for the concern brother. I took the guy who sold us this Merc. He did talk with him but all the incharge's conclusion was 'ky mei kya kar sakta hun , app ky samney hee hai situation'. Took also a guy from Mercedes Smart and with the use of some gadget he said its anti-theft lock has broken.. (I'm simply confused on whom to believe) We have no other option left than to give him green signal for repairs. Repairs of 127000 + 1.5months of wait; which was initially just about a thorough Car-Wash. This is how Shahnawaz motor i10/3 ripped us off in our very first visit!
    there must be some reason for this breakage .. even if its turning the key in a wrong way .. u didn't do it and they are the experts .. google the reasons ... i think u should get a legal guidance and put some foot on accelerator .. even if u afford u may pay and get the job done so that u r mobile ... but don't let them get away like this ... i'm no expert on MB but i'll search google for u and post here if i found something ............... calculate the probability that a 6 years old car develops a problem for no reason only when it was started by a MB expert (one who knows how to repair or what faults can occur if mis-handled) ... suppose i have another same model MB key and try to start ur car i think it will do some damage or if have the known voltages and put a self designed key which damages the circuit ..... ask a lawyer what are the chances of getting a court order to see there documents then segregate cases where ignition system work has been carried out and u can call these MB owners to find out how they got into this mess ..... frankl if i'm the best workshop owner i'd give the record myself to ease ur mind unless i'm party to such kind of frauds .... get hold of news media

man i'm angry (very rare i get so angry ) .. :-) and sorry for the long post .. best wishes
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

start off with a written complaint and go into details even if ur suspision is not supported by a logic ... records keping is a good option in such cases .. let them reply ... see what reason they give in writing ... rather do it through a lawyer
    "You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    44 Post(s)
    Tagged
    18 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Another clear case of rip off by the stealerships. How come that lock broke that easily, was it made by paksuzuki. What I think is that due to negligence of the man who sat in the car he either not inserted the key fully and applied his full 10 hp force and broke the assembly or turned the key again with his 10 hp force. You should not leave them. Get your car towed away and out of their premises and file a law suit involving MB Germany. Ask MB germany to check the part in their forensics and find out the cause of failure. This will show how the lock went bad. Dont leave them because if you wait for the part to arrive still you will not be able to use your car for 1.5 months and they will replace all other parts from your car like brake pads shoes and other expensive parts.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by a_n_memon88 View Post
    Another clear case of rip off by the stealerships. How come that lock broke that easily, was it made by paksuzuki. What I think is that due to negligence of the man who sat in the car he either not inserted the key fully and applied his full 10 hp force and broke the assembly or turned the key again with his 10 hp force. You should not leave them. Get your car towed away and out of their premises and file a law suit involving MB Germany. Ask MB germany to check the part in their forensics and find out the cause of failure. This will show how the lock went bad. Dont leave them because if you wait for the part to arrive still you will not be able to use your car for 1.5 months and they will replace all other parts from your car like brake pads shoes and other expensive parts.
    +10000
    Get Germans involved
    Plus some pawa
    Like higher official from government or army
    U drove ur car simply
    He broke it
    That's wat I feel
    If there was already. Problem
    U might have faced it b4
    He z culprit

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Same thing happened to a very good friend of mine a couple of days ago . He has a W204 , im assuming you have the same since 07 was the year of the shape change. The steering lock / ignition switch issue is causing the problem , and it seems to be a chronic problem with the W204 , as verified by forums such as benzworld , mbworld etc. It is pathetic that MB does nothing to help the final consumer , since it has admitted in a service bulletin that its a faulty part. Symptoms include cluster completely dead and just the mileage on display-no electronics functioning. Furthermore , it can happen anytime ! The guy at shahnawaz had nothing to do with it-just his bad luck that it happened when he sat in it- Its a shame since my w203 has no such issues and i have dropped any plans of upgrading ! You are looking for a bill of around 110k mark from what i hear.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear bro I had a c200 2008 model the same w204 ... now one thing is there the exact same thing happened to me right at my house without any god damn reason ...... the same shah nawaz stuff and a rip off of around 150000k ..... well right at this moment you can do nothing but to rely on shah nawaz as they are the only people authorised to get you the new steering lock and the key along with the codeing key which shall be used to synchronize the new lock to the car (one time use only) .... for the kind information of all the brothers at pak wheel right after this problem I faced I had a hectic search for the reason why this is happening to a lot of people out there especially buying the uk import mercs ...... and to my horror at the end the main reason is due to counter fiet mileage meters ... now what these dealers do is as they can not change the whole ecu they just buy the mileage meter for a couple of hundred pounds ( a dealer in uk confirmed me u cn buy it for 160 to 200 pounds from the after market and get it installed .... now when this happens a conflict arises btw the mainframe computer and the mileage being shown on the new meter ...... this goes on for sometime and finally the steering lock issue arises as it serves as a circuit btw the meter and the onboard computer... so a small advice for alll for gods sake do not buy shitty used uk import mercs almost 90% of them are fiddled with

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

After i hot my car fixed i straight away soled it and bought a brand new merc i learned it the hard way that spend more in the begining is definately gng to save u a lot of trouble and time ...... And khyam bro I am sorry to hear this but I went through the same trauma for over 1.5 month ...... also a word of advice and caution after.the shah nawaz guys run the diagnostic they will say that U have to change this u have to change that etc etc DONT agree with them hus tell them to change the switch thats all ...... rest het it done from.outside honestly ul save more then half the bill .... hope ur problem gets solved soon and u r out of the trouble ....

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List