Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

shaan i didnt get ur e amil maybe it went to bulk mail and i deleted it can please kindly e mail me again and if possible 1 copy at the following e mail. thanks

shahab1980@hotmail.com
    See the dark side

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

and also i want to ask 2 more things that can i put the tp sensor of chevrolet caprice 1991 model in my daewoo racer coz most of the sensors that car has its the same as racer and other thing is that i had a phenomenon with my car once please comment wat it could be coz uptill now i couldnt find out wat happend ...... so here it goes

1 time i opened my ditributor cap for little servicing like cleaning of router and points on the cap as always and when i fit it and started the car the cars rpm was fix on 800 and when i use to open my headlights the rpm use to drop and car use to vibrate a little but that didnt happen even i put it on full beams and even fog lights were open no load even with AC i was so happy to see the car and the car pict was 15% less then petrol that is it was good as on petrol i was so happy that next day i decided to clean it thoroughly and properly and after that the car again went back to same old **** position not **** actually same old position car was vibrating on cng and if turn on lights rpm drop and car vibrates more. after that i tried many trick but all no use . till this date i couldnt find out wat happend wat i did. can any 1 explain this phenomenon..
    See the dark side

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shahabrk

The TP sensor of all other GM cars with MPFI are with reverse rotation than the TBI, so you cannot put the TPS of those in your car!

The second thing is, you might have disturbed the timing of your car's engine, that is causing RPM dips. Get the timing back to original position and you will get a smooth idle again.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

91 caprice is also a TBI but u r right all the gm cars which i sen till the date have tp sensor in reverse position as compared to daewoo. thanks. and yes the iming was not disturbed coz the way i was working and the bolt was tight so there is no point it can move and i have adjusted the distributor to many places but all of no use i am thinking of replacing the sensor modile inside the distributor will it make any diference.
    See the dark side

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shahabrk
    Check your email!!!

For your present problem,it seems like you have damaged the contact points of the centre electrode of distributor cap and rotor.Now before replacing them for diagnositic purposes,get a 1 or 2 no `Raig Mal` and loosen your distributor cap.While applying very slight pressure, rub the visible contacts in the distributor caps.Remember to properly clean the contact,you dont have to rub clean the whitish colour over them(S.Plug contacts).The centre electrode should be slightly cleaned with very slight pressure having no more than 2 - 6 to and fro movements.After cleaning confirm that the electrode is protruding outward with free moving spring inward movement.If electrode length is shortened,then its time to replace the distributor cap.Check rotor area where the distributor electrode is in contact.If there is depression at this point which is easily visible with naked eye then it should be replaced.Mostly during cleaning the contacts get rubbed beyond normal limit and result in shortening which gives rise to engine misfiring,decreased acceleration and high feul consumption.The bad contact point`s result in requirement of more time to generate same amount of ignition spark and in most cases low spark at specific contact point giving rise to these issues.

My recommendation,Service your distributor after 10000km and follow the above instructions carefully while performing the DIY to avoid bad incidents.I perform it after 15000km and complete distributor kit replacement after 80,000km.The Spark plugs should be serviced/cleaned and re-gapped after 1000km(Avoid excessive rubbing of the central electrode as this can render the S.Plug useless due to loss of length of central electrode point ).
    Life is Precious -- Drive Carefully

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ shaan

the procedure u discribed thats the exact way i work and keep an eye onsetting and i dont damage or move any thing. thanks again shaan and i got ur e e amil and i am checking it now . u seem to be online now
    See the dark side

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Shaan can u tell me how do i send e mail via pakwheels likeu did
    See the dark side

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shahabrk
    Click on my name showing above my picture in my post and type the message in the new window which opens

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

I have a problem with idle running of my car on CNG & Petrol. the RPM keeps on changing i.e. when I start my car sometimes the RPM is high then I usually switch it off and start again sometimes that solves the problem and sometimes I have to repeat this restart three or four times to get normal idle running. Now when i stop at some red light the idle would again be higher. As you know that nowadays there are long lines at red lights so the car gets heated faster due to raised RPM it is also effecting the consumption.

Also turning the Headlights on causes RPM to drop and slight vibration is felt. Is this normal? I have the cutouts installed with them
    Pakistan Zindabad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Shaan
    thanks for all the replies and the help. thanks again

@HSNMZ
    get the idle control valve sensor and vihicle speed sensor get checked from the experts. looks like these 2 giving trouble
    See the dark side

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@hsnmz

Your problem could be only diagnosed through the Daewoo Scanner, and you can have it checked at Daewoo Federal Autos, I-10. More likely it is IAC since IAC controls the engine Idle RPMS while VSS controls the RPMS during vehicle motion.

The RPM drop when the lights are lit is a very normal phenomenon and is due to extra load on the alternator that directly affect the engine speed since belt is driven from engine's main pulley.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

For the past 15 few weeks my car had oil leakage problem. Thanks God, today I got it fixed. Also changed the CV joints and Clutch/Pressure plates with bearings. Costed me around Rs.8000/=. Now Ma'sha'Allah it is running great!
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

@testdriver thanks. i will visit them probably on this weekend inshaAllah. Best of luck with your Daewoo
    Pakistan Zindabad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shaan
    What is your home made method of painting bumper?

regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Daewoo fans once again having a problem and hope to get a solution with u guys advice.I recently replaced my manual steering with a power one.I could arrange a used daewoo rack and carolla's used pump and my mechanic fixed them both although it is working but not to my satisfaction. It gives a low rumbling sound when I cut the steering near its extreme limits at both left or right turnings whether driving or at parking positon.It does not give the above rumbling sound when I turn the steering as above while switching off the engine.I like to add here that there is no leakage of oil etc the seals seems intact.Can somebody tell me the probable causes ( specially the testdriver)?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

wat is IAC can u give out the detail and pictures and location of it in the car and also the picture of vss and its location in the car
    thanks
    See the dark side

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@perfection
    Buy Pylox(Best) or bosny spray paint 4 bottles.Check which shade closely matches your vehicle colour by spraying them on paper and matching it with vehicle colour.The codes on spray paint are different then the vehicle colour codes so you will have to do this procedure manually.Buy `0` number `Raiz mal` 10 -15 pieces.Buy clear type or gray usually available in spray can`ASTHER` spray type(Same as Spray paint) 4 bottles(Use pylox one).Buy Bosny Lacquear `Clear` 2 bottles.
    take the `raiz mal` and rub the bumper surface lightly so that it becomes rough and even.If old paint then remove it with help of this procedure.Wash the bumper with mild water and dry it with cloth.Apply Paper tape to the black area strip of the bumper.Shake the asthar spray can and then spray it uniformly over the bumper.Apply multiple coats with 20-30min interval.Be careful not to spray to much paint while applying consecutive cots as it may disturb the last coat(3 paint coats) are enough.
    After completion of procedure,wait for 1 hour and then in the same manner apply paint coats(3 coats are enough).
    After completion of this procedure wait for 1 hour and apply lacquear.(2 coats ).Let the paint dry for 1 1/2 hour.after this procedure remove the paper tape and dont wash or touch the bumpers for two days .
    Bumper becomes dry in 1 hour but to regain hardness it takes some time.
    By this methhod paint is quite iremovable.Only avoid:-
    1. scraping of material(Dirt) from bumper surface.Rather remove it with mild to and fro motion of wet cloth or by washing with mild vehicle shampoo
    2.Minor accidents i.e rubbing of bumper with hard surface

As for the P.steering sound,it can be confirmed after hearing it but it seems that it is the same sound which each p.steering vehicle makes when steering is full turned to either side thus in my opinion it is normal.

@shahabrk
    IAC(Idle Air Control) is the sensor located on the right side of the throttle body facing Rt shock assembly.Its function is to control engine RPM or Throttle.

VSS(Vehicle Speed sensor) is located near the gearbox.it is connected at one end with the gear box and at the other with speedometer cable.Follow the speedmeter cable towards the gearbox and you will reach a device from which wires are coming out.Its fuction is to provide the ECM(Electronic Control Module) speed of the vehicle via which the vehicle maintains its RPM and Best mixture setting for Economy at variable speeds.If this malfunctions,average of vehicle drops drastically and the vehicle engine tends to stop running when vehicle comes to stop from moving state as ECM does not know vehicle speed and considers it in idle state but is disturbed as getting signals from other monitoring signals

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thanks shaan can u give me the pictures of vss and IAC so that i have better idea and if possible pictures of engine also so i know exactly where these 2 r located

one more thing 1 thing which happens to me while driving like i am going at 100km\h and i put the gear in nuetral and release the clutch so i am at nuetral so the rmp should come down to its original position which 800 rpm and it does not intead it is on 1300 or 1400 wat does this tell and this problem i have in my other car which is chevrolet cavalier. looks like this problem is all gm cars specially in chevy and daewoo cars with manual gear. can shead the light on this

@perfection (dilawar) shaan is right any car with power steering if turned to exteme make sounds like thatbut any way if u want get it checked from the expert
    See the dark side

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

Thanks @ testdriver & shahbark

I got my car checked by Federal. The scanner showed no problems, so the IAC and carburators were cleaned with WD40. another sensor, not VSS, located on the left side of the throttle body facing left shock assembly but a little lower was also cleaned with WD40. Now all problems are solved only the consumtion on Gas is not good. I think there is some oil in the CNG cylinder. I will get it checked and cleaned.
    Pakistan Zindabad

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

no problem hsmnz and congrats on getting the problems fixed and abt cng yes get it serviced and also get the plug and plug wire and distributor checked also
    See the dark side

+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 370 FirstFirst ... 891011122060110 ... LastLast

User Tag List