Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 186 of 370 FirstFirst ... 86136176184185186187188196236286 ... LastLast
Results 3,701 to 3,720 of 7393
Like Tree425Likes

Thread: Daewoo fan club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

    Dear All,

    I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:


    Daewoo fan club -479355


    Daewoo fan club -479356


    Daewoo fan club -1050638

    Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo


    I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

    Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)


    IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]


    Quick Links:

    Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:


    Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:


    The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:


    Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:


    Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:


    How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:


    Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:



    Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:



    High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:


  2. #3701
    PakWheeler Follow
    thanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Daewoo fan club -221024

    Com'ON Pakistan
    A "cool dude" who says civic is the best car in the universe actually owns a CD 70!

  3. #3702
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asad_scorpio21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by thanda View Post
    hahaaha yaar asad bhai mein bhe yehi samjhta tha, meri gari bhe subha subha kafi pani phenkti hai, bt it reduces oil as well, dis water dropping theory is nthn bt a myth
    u r right but meri gari oil kam nahi karti thats why i am satisfied

  4. #3703
    PakWheeler Follow
    welcome786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    39
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asad_scorpio21 View Post
    u r right but meri gari oil kam nahi karti thats why i am satisfied
    but question is that, from where this water comes.

    and to test compression tool available with every mechanic or not.
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

  5. #3704
    PakWheeler Follow
    Lonely_Puma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Question Daewoo Racer specific buying advice

    Hello,

    I'm close to buying a Daewoo as a family car and daily runner. The car's a 1995 model with 150K mileage and stock engine. But the owner is saying the engine has never been overhauled, oil doesn't leak and it starts with half 'sulf' in the morning. It does appear in good condition. I test drove it briefly.

    My questions to the learned members of this thread are:

    1) Is it realistic for a Daewoo to last this long (since 1995) without overhaul?

    2) Can I then expect the engine to last another 100K kilometers till the next overhaul? Or how can I determine that it would last the said mileage without having a mechanic look at it? (I'm afraid I don't know Daewoo mechanics)

    After reading many many pages from this thread I've finally decided to buy a Daewoo but going for one is a big leap of confidence and I really need a trouble free car. I'm afraid what if I buy this car and within a year the engine needs an overhaul. I'm reluctant on spending any more money apart from routine oil changes etc. for the next 3-4 years. This car's around 350K. Do you think it's realistic to demand that?

    Thank you for reading. I would appreciate your valuable advice.
    This is as much of a test for me as it's for them

  6. #3705
    PakWheeler Follow
    ace66's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    63
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely_Puma View Post
    Hello,

    I'm close to buying a Daewoo as a family car and daily runner. The car's a 1995 model with 150K mileage and stock engine. But the owner is saying the engine has never been overhauled, oil doesn't leak and it starts with half 'sulf' in the morning. It does appear in good condition. I test drove it briefly.

    My questions to the learned members of this thread are:

    1) Is it realistic for a Daewoo to last this long (since 1995) without overhaul?

    2) Can I then expect the engine to last another 100K kilometers till the next overhaul? Or how can I determine that it would last the said mileage without having a mechanic look at it? (I'm afraid I don't know Daewoo mechanics)

    After reading many many pages from this thread I've finally decided to buy a Daewoo but going for one is a big leap of confidence and I really need a trouble free car. I'm afraid what if I buy this car and within a year the engine needs an overhaul. I'm reluctant on spending any more money apart from routine oil changes etc. for the next 3-4 years. This car's around 350K. Do you think it's realistic to demand that?

    Thank you for reading. I would appreciate your valuable advice.
    Dear friend Welcome to DFC, With my experience I can tell you that Daewoo is a tough, stable, comfortable, spacious, economical on CNG, not relatively expensive to keep kind of a sedan at SUCH A PRICE at this time.

    Besides realistically speaking, who can guarantee you for ANY MAKE old car not to give you any kind of trouble for next 3/4 years with such mileage. I personally think It could last to your expectations of total 250K+ mileage if it were a single hand driven and very very well kept.

    The best you can do is to make a good judgement and show it to any of the Daewoo's mechanic (you will find plenty of references at this forum). See the documents to be correct and up to date and try to negotiate. All Daewoos in Pk are 1992/93 model to the best of my knowledge and then registered in 93, 96, 98, 2001. I think except 93 others are officers' scheme. So assuming it to be of officers' scheme and not taxi scheme I think you may go for a price tag of around 300k or less (Well it totally depends on the condition of the car).

    Lets see what the other members have to suggest to you....

  7. #3706
    PakWheeler Follow
    Surd80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    36
    Posts
    32
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Salam,
    I want to change my transmission oil without damaging or replacing original gaskit and without removing gearbox from the car.
    Thanks.

  8. #3707
    PakWheeler Follow
    Uashah007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default uashah007

    Hi to all daewoo club members. i am using daewoo racer from 16 yrs.my dad got it in army scheme, baked paint in 96 from toyota frontier.im running my car on petrol.its realy fast.i have other cars as well but daewoo is exceptional.brilliant car.

    Need help regarding head lights.how can make them brighter or sharp.plus i need rpm for my car, how much it will cost me.

  9. #3708
    PakWheeler Follow
    tauxeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    28
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uashah007 View Post
    Hi to all daewoo club members. i am using daewoo racer from 16 yrs.my dad got it in army scheme, baked paint in 96 from toyota frontier.im running my car on petrol.its realy fast.i have other cars as well but daewoo is exceptional.brilliant car.

    Need help regarding head lights.how can make them brighter or sharp.plus i need rpm for my car, how much it will cost me.
    whats the color of ya daewoo? and how is its condition ! i also own a daewoo and have baked painted it too form toyota frontier..
    a programmer, webmaster, electronics enthusiast, traveller, adventurer, gizmo's freak by hobby & an electrical engineer by profession tauxeef.com

  10. #3709
    PakWheeler Follow
    Uashah007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    bro its maroon,(Metallic) wirh isb reg.it cost me 35000k in 96, noe they are chargn more hundred thousand.

  11. #3710
    PakWheeler Follow
    Uashah007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    regardn condition its 9.5/10.bumper to bumper orignal.im still da first owner of my car.

  12. #3711
    PakWheeler Follow
    Uashah007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    its totally orignal.bumper to bumper.with orignal stock rims,covers.

  13. #3712
    PakWheeler Follow
    tauxeef's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2010
    Location
    Dubai
    Age
    28
    Posts
    901
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uashah007 View Post
    its totally orignal.bumper to bumper.with orignal stock rims,covers.
    How much driven? engine overhauled?
    a programmer, webmaster, electronics enthusiast, traveller, adventurer, gizmo's freak by hobby & an electrical engineer by profession tauxeef.com

  14. #3713
    PakWheeler Follow
    Uashah007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Peshawar
    Posts
    309
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    1.43.no its not overhauled coz thr is no need of it.i used my car with care.

  15. #3714
    PakWheeler Follow
    Lonely_Puma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @ace66,
    Thank you very much for the advice. The car's with its third owner and according to him he sends the car for servicing every 1800 kilometers. But I agree for peace of mind a mechanic should look at it. I'll see if someone at Tahir G-8 agrees as they're the closest. Thanks again.
    This is as much of a test for me as it's for them

  16. #3715
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asad_scorpio21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely_Puma View Post
    Hello,

    I'm close to buying a Daewoo as a family car and daily runner. The car's a 1995 model with 150K mileage and stock engine. But the owner is saying the engine has never been overhauled, oil doesn't leak and it starts with half 'sulf' in the morning. It does appear in good condition. I test drove it briefly.

    My questions to the learned members of this thread are:

    1) Is it realistic for a Daewoo to last this long (since 1995) without overhaul?

    2) Can I then expect the engine to last another 100K kilometers till the next overhaul? Or how can I determine that it would last the said mileage without having a mechanic look at it? (I'm afraid I don't know Daewoo mechanics)

    After reading many many pages from this thread I've finally decided to buy a Daewoo but going for one is a big leap of confidence and I really need a trouble free car. I'm afraid what if I buy this car and within a year the engine needs an overhaul. I'm reluctant on spending any more money apart from routine oil changes etc. for the next 3-4 years. This car's around 350K. Do you think it's realistic to demand that?

    Thank you for reading. I would appreciate your valuable advice.
    The Engine life is depend upon its using manners. the timely engine oil change with never heatup issues give long life to engine. my Daewoo is 99 reg and i got overhauled first time in jul-2010. my mechanic told me your engine never been overhauled before. at that time mileage was almost 150k or more.
    now be sure while buying your daewoo , engine should not reducing engine oil , the reason of my engine overhauling was reduction of engine oil , there was no smoke , no startup problem , now heatup issue and pick was also great.

  17. #3716
    PakWheeler Follow
    shamiz_pk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asad_scorpio21 View Post
    The Engine life is depend upon its using manners. the timely engine oil change with never heatup issues give long life to engine. my Daewoo is 99 reg and i got overhauled first time in jul-2010. my mechanic told me your engine never been overhauled before. at that time mileage was almost 150k or more.
    now be sure while buying your daewoo , engine should not reducing engine oil , the reason of my engine overhauling was reduction of engine oil , there was no smoke , no startup problem , now heatup issue and pick was also great.

    I have a query regarding your post. My Racer is also having the same issue. It is reducing engine oil. I changed the engine oil more than three months ago. I have traveled more than 3000 km during this time. Currently the oil is more than half as shown by the gauge. There is no smoke, no problems in startup, and no heatup. Should I go for Engine Overhaul immediately or till what time I can delay it? I mean till what time it is safe to carry on like this , without engine overhaul?
    Awaiting your response.

    Regards

  18. #3717
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    asad_scorpio21's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    38
    Posts
    4,537
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by shamiz_pk View Post
    I have a query regarding your post. My Racer is also having the same issue. It is reducing engine oil. I changed the engine oil more than three months ago. I have traveled more than 3000 km during this time. Currently the oil is more than half as shown by the gauge. There is no smoke, no problems in startup, and no heatup. Should I go for Engine Overhaul immediately or till what time I can delay it? I mean till what time it is safe to carry on like this , without engine overhaul?
    Awaiting your response.

    Regards
    if you are willing to keep your car with you for a long time than definately you should take step in time. in my case , my mechanic told me that problem could be solved by only rings/piston replacement, and complete overhauling is optional , but as i know the engine had never been overhauled before so i decided to get complete overhauled my engine , now its about to complete on year and i am fully satisfied with engine's performance.
    now its up to you whether you get changed only rings/pistons or complete overhauling. i suggest you if want to keep your car for long time than go for complete overhauling.

  19. #3718
    PakWheeler Follow
    shamiz_pk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    41
    Posts
    19
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by asad_scorpio21 View Post
    if you are willing to keep your car with you for a long time than definately you should take step in time. in my case , my mechanic told me that problem could be solved by only rings/piston replacement, and complete overhauling is optional , but as i know the engine had never been overhauled before so i decided to get complete overhauled my engine , now its about to complete on year and i am fully satisfied with engine's performance.
    now its up to you whether you get changed only rings/pistons or complete overhauling. i suggest you if want to keep your car for long time than go for complete overhauling.
    Thanx brother for a prompt reply. Many DFC members have already pointed out that the cabin noise is a bit more in Daewoo Racer. I agree to this point. I talked to my mechanic. He proposed to change the engine with Ceilo engine. He said that fuel consumption will be better with Ceilo and also engine noise will be less. That means one option could be not to overhaul the racer engine and replace it with Ceilo engine. He told me the cost around 45K for this change. So what u suggest?

    Regards

  20. #3719
    PakWheeler Follow
    sheikh_wah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    579
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Lonely_Puma View Post
    Hello,

    I'm close to buying a Daewoo as a family car and daily runner. The car's a 1995 model with 150K mileage and stock engine. But the owner is saying the engine has never been overhauled, oil doesn't leak and it starts with half 'sulf' in the morning. It does appear in good condition. I test drove it briefly.

    My questions to the learned members of this thread are:

    1) Is it realistic for a Daewoo to last this long (since 1995) without overhaul?

    2) Can I then expect the engine to last another 100K kilometers till the next overhaul? Or how can I determine that it would last the said mileage without having a mechanic look at it? (I'm afraid I don't know Daewoo mechanics)

    After reading many many pages from this thread I've finally decided to buy a Daewoo but going for one is a big leap of confidence and I really need a trouble free car. I'm afraid what if I buy this car and within a year the engine needs an overhaul. I'm reluctant on spending any more money apart from routine oil changes etc. for the next 3-4 years. This car's around 350K. Do you think it's realistic to demand that?

    Thank you for reading. I would appreciate your valuable advice.
    I purchased my first daewoo racer in 2001, it was zero meter car and i used it more than 225000km before it needed an engine overhaule and that too was because of some negligence at our part that it got heatup during a longdrive and then v had to face its head and therefore decided to go for a complete overhaule. Daewoo's engine is good and if kept with care then 150k KM is not a big deal.
    For further satisfaction, u can get it checked by any expert (names and contacts are already mentioned in this forum) to get a better picture.
    I think, 350k demand is bit higher for a 95 registered car,even it is in very good condition but may be acceptable for an exceptionally good car. You should check some other options in market as well to get a better idea of market situation.
    Daewoo is a good car and ofcourse has no comperison with other options in its price range. Wish you all the best in ur deal and welcome u to the Daewoo Club

  21. #3720
    PakWheeler Follow
    sheikh_wah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    42
    Posts
    579
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Uashah007 View Post
    Hi to all daewoo club members. i am using daewoo racer from 16 yrs.my dad got it in army scheme, baked paint in 96 from toyota frontier.im running my car on petrol.its realy fast.i have other cars as well but daewoo is exceptional.brilliant car.

    Need help regarding head lights.how can make them brighter or sharp.plus i need rpm for my car, how much it will cost me.
    Daewoo orinegal head lamps have got 55/60 Watts tubes, which may be upgraded to 90/100 watts tubes for better performance. relays must be added to avoid overload on switch and circuit. Chrome in origenal lights also get fade/removed/rusted with age, which can be repaired by properly applying chrome paper/sheet. any good electritian can do both of these jobs for u.
    Another option is to replace your origenal lights with Taiwani lights, which give better reflection because of better chrome quality. This is my electritian's recommendation but I've never tried it.
    I m using KYOTA 90/100 tubes in my lights and result is quite good.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •