Survey by Qualaroo
+ Reply to Thread
Page 191 of 370 FirstFirst ... 91141181189190191192193201241291 ... LastLast
Results 3,801 to 3,820 of 7393
Like Tree425Likes

Thread: Daewoo fan club

  1. #1
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

    Dear All,

    I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:


    Daewoo fan club -479355


    Daewoo fan club -479356


    Daewoo fan club -1050638

    Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo


    I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

    Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)


    IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]


    Quick Links:

    Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:


    Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:


    The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:


    Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:


    Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:


    How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:


    Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:



    Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:



    High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:


  2. #3801
    PakWheeler Follow
    guybwp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    423
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    Sorry bro for such an inconvenience in my absence!

    First of all, is there any black smoke from the exhaust while on petrol? CO Potentiometer is installed or not? Do you observe the Check Engine Light during operation on petrol? Is there any kind of missing on CNG too?
    yes there is black smoke when i switch on the engine...on petrol and yes it misses a bit on cng but not like that on petrol where it comes to halt. some one here said to check the map sensor and get it changed if faulty..what do u say?

  3. #3802
    PakWheeler Follow
    seismic's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    73
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Brake discs

    dear all,
    My car front brake disc rotors are found cracked. Probably by throwing water on heated discs while coming downhill from murree(one of my friends did it).
    Did anybody experienced ventilated/slotted discs in daewoo? or any other good solution.
    Any brake heatup issue remedial through discs type.

    Please guide.

  4. #3803
    PakWheeler Follow
    welcome786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    39
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    yes there is black smoke when i switch on the engine...on petrol and yes it misses a bit on cng but not like that on petrol where it comes to halt. some one here said to check the map sensor and get it changed if faulty..what do u say?
    it seems that your engine condition is not good, what sensor can do!
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

  5. #3804
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    yes there is black smoke when i switch on the engine...on petrol and yes it misses a bit on cng but not like that on petrol where it comes to halt. some one here said to check the map sensor and get it changed if faulty..what do u say?
    Do you know how to check the error code with blink codes? If not follow the instructions below:

    1. The kick panel covering the ECM (computer) has a small removable rectangular lid. Behind the lid is basically the OBD connector.

    2. Refer to the attached image for further instructions:

    Daewoo fan club -227175

    3. Note the codes and look up in the table below:

    Daewoo fan club -1093009Daewoo fan club -227450
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

  6. #3805
    PakWheeler Follow
    guybwp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    423
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    thx to u all who helped me regarding my problem....its finally solved....the fault was in the fuel pump...jsut changing it solved the problem but i had to change my computer too..i wish i had known about it before i changed it...anyway my car is good now...running well on cng and petrol..just one thing remains.my mechanic forgot to adjust the rpm on cng for a.c so whenever i on it the car stops after a while but thx God the bigger problem is solved.

  7. #3806
    PakWheeler Follow
    omaranwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Today I got my generator replaced with a Nissan's Kabli. Cost of generator was Rs 1800/- and labor was Rs 200/-

    In addition, I replaced my clutch plate and Pressure plate with new Korean ones. Set was of Rs 4000/-. Some other miscellaneous work was also done and the total labor was Rs 1500/-. Shifting and clutch operations are very smooth now. However I noticed the speedometer's needle getting stuck couple of time. Will get that fixed as soon as I get some time. All the work was done by Sarfraz at I&T center G-10.

  8. #3807
    PakWheeler Follow
    smiling123a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    43
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Wiring

    Anyone plz guide me abt good electrician in Karachi near FB area

  9. #3808
    PakWheeler Follow
    welcome786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    39
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    thx to u all who helped me regarding my problem....its finally solved....the fault was in the fuel pump...jsut changing it solved the problem but i had to change my computer too..i wish i had known about it before i changed it...anyway my car is good now...running well on cng and petrol..just one thing remains.my mechanic forgot to adjust the rpm on cng for a.c so whenever i on it the car stops after a while but thx God the bigger problem is solved.
    congratulations buddy
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

  10. #3809
    PakWheeler Follow
    welcome786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    39
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by smiling123a View Post
    Anyone plz guide me abt good electrician in Karachi near FB area
    Contact Danish Electrician cell phone number is 03343536695 and he is doing services near Welcome Autos opposite Fazal Textile Mills.

    Give him my reference
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

  11. #3810
    PakWheeler Follow
    welcome786's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    39
    Posts
    377
    Follows
    0
    Following
    1
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by omaranwar View Post
    Today I got my generator replaced with a Nissan's Kabli. Cost of generator was Rs 1800/- and labor was Rs 200/-

    In addition, I replaced my clutch plate and Pressure plate with new Korean ones. Set was of Rs 4000/-. Some other miscellaneous work was also done and the total labor was Rs 1500/-. Shifting and clutch operations are very smooth now. However I noticed the speedometer's needle getting stuck couple of time. Will get that fixed as soon as I get some time. All the work was done by Sarfraz at I&T center G-10.
    good work and price is also reasonable. congrats
    MONEY IS YOURS BUT RESOURCES BELONG TO THE
    SOCIETY

  12. #3811
    PakWheeler Follow
    smiling123a's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    43
    Posts
    10
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default @ Welcome

    Thx brother

  13. #3812
    PakWheeler Follow
    guybwp's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2011
    Location
    Lahore
    Posts
    423
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    can any body tell me how to improve the mileage on cng..as after adjustment my car still is giving mileage of 90 in the city? is it ok or should i do somthing?

  14. #3813
    PakWheeler Follow
    SalarsCar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Islamabad
    Posts
    23
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default Projects for Daewoo Racer Lovers

    Asalam U Alaikum Brothers!

    Today I want to disclose the very reason why I joined this forum after having been maintaining a Daewoo Racer for past five years and silently observing the comments on this forum for so long.

    Actually, I have some worthy projects in my mind regarding this handsome vehicle and need to share it with you all, to seek ur advice. The prime requirement of these projects emerged due to following reasons:-

    1) To make the maintainability of this Car easy for all
    2) To remove the “havva” of Daewoo Racer’s maintenance issues from our minds, as created by Toyota/Suzuki market dealers and mechanics
    3) To make the drive of this vehicle a pleasure on Pakistani road conditions right from Soost to Gawader.

    Besides solving our day to day issues, I need u all to help us out in solving these particularly long term issues, so that we make life of all Daewoo lovers easy.

    Project # 1

    Aim: To create abundant availability of ‘Scan Tool / Analyzer’ so that it is accessible to all of us.

    Statement:-

    a) Can a generic OBD-1 scan tool work with Racer’s ECM? If Yes, from where we can buy one? If No, can we make one of our own?

    b) Reading the codes is off-course not a problem. However, reading sensors’ output and further analyzing it for printing in a readable format is an issue. So what is the data structure of the ‘serial data output’ of ECM’s OBD connector? This would help us in making a front end application (GUI) for our own analyzer.

    c) If accepted, in what format we can provide input to ECM through our software based Analyzer Tool, so that we may alter the actuator’s to test their serviceability and adjustment levels?

    I hope these are workable issues and not beyond our capabilities. So waiting for kind comments and discussion from u all, including @testdriver. Relatively easier projects are still to come!

    Thanx and Fi Aman Allah to all brothers.

  15. #3814
    PakWheeler Follow
    omaranwar's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2010
    Location
    Rawalpindi
    Age
    31
    Posts
    40
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SalarsCar View Post
    Asalam U Alaikum Brothers!

    Today I want to disclose the very reason why I joined this forum after having been maintaining a Daewoo Racer for past five years and silently observing the comments on this forum for so long.

    Actually, I have some worthy projects in my mind regarding this handsome vehicle and need to share it with you all, to seek ur advice. The prime requirement of these projects emerged due to following reasons:-

    1) To make the maintainability of this Car easy for all
    2) To remove the “havva” of Daewoo Racer’s maintenance issues from our minds, as created by Toyota/Suzuki market dealers and mechanics
    3) To make the drive of this vehicle a pleasure on Pakistani road conditions right from Soost to Gawader.

    Besides solving our day to day issues, I need u all to help us out in solving these particularly long term issues, so that we make life of all Daewoo lovers easy.

    Project # 1

    Aim: To create abundant availability of ‘Scan Tool / Analyzer’ so that it is accessible to all of us.

    Statement:-

    a) Can a generic OBD-1 scan tool work with Racer’s ECM? If Yes, from where we can buy one? If No, can we make one of our own?

    b) Reading the codes is off-course not a problem. However, reading sensors’ output and further analyzing it for printing in a readable format is an issue. So what is the data structure of the ‘serial data output’ of ECM’s OBD connector? This would help us in making a front end application (GUI) for our own analyzer.

    c) If accepted, in what format we can provide input to ECM through our software based Analyzer Tool, so that we may alter the actuator’s to test their serviceability and adjustment levels?

    I hope these are workable issues and not beyond our capabilities. So waiting for kind comments and discussion from u all, including @testdriver. Relatively easier projects are still to come!

    Thanx and Fi Aman Allah to all brothers.
    Very interesting and positive initiative. I know a couple of guys who were working on OBD Kit development. It was a funded project with both Hardware and Software(GUI) aspects. The car they used for development was Honda and it already had a digital connector (much like LPT1) to interface the Kit to. I havent seen such a connector in Daewoo but still I will get in touch with them and see if they can provide us with some information.

  16. #3815
    PakWheeler Follow
    tedtones2600's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2011
    Location
    Manila
    Posts
    5
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    halu i own a daewoo racer 95
    got problems you might help me
    -gauges on the dashboard arent moving except for light
    -hazard light and signal light also not functioning

    can you show me some pics or wiring diagram to trace the problem
    this problem occured since the fusebox slipped on its compartment thanks

  17. #3816
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @SalarsCar

    OBD-1 won't work with the daewoo ECM, since the OBD interface is neither OBD-1 or OBD-2 but some where in between i.e. OBD 1.5 (Also called GM ALDL interface).

    I have already tried several ALDL to RS-232 (serial connector), but didn't work. The data from the ECM is serial, pin M is used to transmit bit-by-bit data. For that I had used MAX232 chip, but the problem is at the software end. I didn't find any software that can decode the pre-1995 ALDL data, although I found many post 1995 software that didn't work. I built the attached circuit:

    Daewoo fan club -228432

    Even the proper scan tool developed for the Daewoo ECM use data cartridge to work. We need to decode the cartridge data for that we need a working scan tool and a suitable ROM reader. Once we are able to decode the ROM, we can write own own program to read the ECM data.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

  18. #3817
    PakWheeler Follow
    Shah73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Lahore
    Age
    43
    Posts
    538
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    @SalarsCar

    OBD-1 won't work with the daewoo ECM, since the OBD interface is neither OBD-1 or OBD-2 but some where in between i.e. OBD 1.5 (Also called GM ALDL interface).

    I have already tried several ALDL to RS-232 (serial connector), but didn't work. The data from the ECM is serial, pin M is used to transmit bit-by-bit data. For that I had used MAX232 chip, but the problem is at the software end. I didn't find any software that can decode the pre-1995 ALDL data, although I found many post 1995 software that didn't work. I built the attached circuit:

    Daewoo fan club - 228432

    Even the proper scan tool developed for the Daewoo ECM use data cartridge to work. We need to decode the cartridge data for that we need a working scan tool and a suitable ROM reader. Once we are able to decode the ROM, we can write own own program to read the ECM data.

    Kia batt hai,,,,,,,,,, too technical.

    Non technical people like me just enjoy readiung such stuff and understanding nothing!!!!!

    "Master testdriver", you are Hafiz of daewoo system's hardware and software.

    I dont know wheter your are engineer by profession OR
    its just your passion which has forced you to get such deep knowldege.
    Keep your flame high and high.

    Accept my compliments.

  19. #3818
    PakWheeler Follow
    thanda's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2005
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    31
    Posts
    417
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Shah73 View Post
    Kia batt hai,,,,,,,,,, too technical.

    Non technical people like me just enjoy readiung such stuff and understanding nothing!!!!!

    "Master testdriver", you are Hafiz of daewoo system's hardware and software.

    I dont know wheter your are engineer by profession OR
    its just your passion which has forced you to get such deep knowldege.
    Keep your flame high and high.

    Accept my compliments.
    R n D is going on here, salar and test driver are soon gonna get job in GM
    :p
    i think for dis we need a "test car" alot of tym and team work.
    but its a good experiment, never thought abt it, u guys made me research on these things

    Daewootech.com • View topic - EFIlive v4

    connection with OBD1 interface

    Making Aldl Cable To Connect PC To OBD1 Ecu
    A "cool dude" who says civic is the best car in the universe actually owns a CD 70!

  20. #3819
    Senior PakWheeler Follow
    testdriver's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Islamabad
    Age
    40
    Posts
    4,682
    Follows
    4
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @Shah73

    Thanks! It's my passion

    @thanda

    The problem is that we just need a compatible software for pre-1995 GM ALDL.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

  21. #3820
    PakWheeler Follow
    Lonely_Puma's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Location
    Karachi
    Age
    37
    Posts
    55
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    0
    Problems Solved
    0
    Best Answers
    0
    Good Answers
    0

    Default

    @testdriver,

    Very interesting and sounds a bit frustrating too since you to put in so much effort and it didn't work. You've probably seen these but I couldn't help but mention 'http://winaldl.joby.se/'. Also there's this commercial utility 'http://www.opel-scanner.com/index.php?pid=1' costing 380 euros! But since this supports Opel Kadett 1987-1991 I think Daewoo Racer may also be covered.

    Sorry if you've already seen these I just got a bit excited.

    I had two questions too:

    1) I was getting good mileage on CNG (148Km in mixed driving) after getting the car tuned from Federal Motors. But they didn't look into Petrol consumption in detail so I took the car to Enercon and asked them to tune on Petrol only. They noticed the CO level was high and reduced it to 2 something. After that I'm noticing the car's hardly doing 100Km City on CNG. Took it back, they said the CNG setting is optimum. Although haven't accurately measured on Petrol yet. Could this increased consumption be related to that CO adjustment?

    2) There's a constant feeling that the car's idling faster. I've tried telling this to mechanics but they don't seem to pay attention. However, the Enercon specialist suggested, it might be due to some incorrect sensor reading, which leads me to think maybe there's some dust over some sensor which I can wipe off and then maybe the idling becomes normal? (By the way, I don't have an RPM meter installed)
    This is as much of a test for me as it's for them

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •