Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Jiggerz View Post
    Assalam-0-Alaikum Everyone

I'm new to this forum and here are some of the pics of my Daewoo Racer

Daewoo fan club - 230919 Daewoo fan club - 230920 Daewoo fan club - 230921 Daewoo fan club - 230922 Daewoo fan club - 230923
    loved ur ride man, i think i have seen dis car at federal autos, r u the son of the owner of fed autos?
    A "cool dude" who says civic is the best car in the universe actually owns a CD 70!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zawalayat View Post
    Thanks for recommendation, today my ride is with Tahir for suspension, AC Gas charging and other minor jobs, let see how remain his expertise and my experience.
    Many Thanks Testdriver.
    I get my ride fully checked/overhauled and AC work done by Tahir G-8, He is really a nice person and charged around 14k for full day total work.

I am really enjoying its drive. the worst thing is i donot like its dashboard. rest is fine in this price range.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver

I really appreciate ur efforts and seems as if u worked passionately to resolve this issue. U r far ahead in ur findings, but I would go step by step so that if u missed anything anywhere, I would grab it 4 u. Thats professionals way of tackling to problems isn't it?

I do understand that y u ve used Max232 and offcourse we need to cater the difference in baud rates (as lowest possible in serial interface of a PC is 9600). However, RS-232 standard specifies voltage level of 'zero' from +3 to +15 volts and 'one' from -3 to -15 volts. Same has been verified by physically measuring on DB-9. So in my opinion we need to cater both baud & volts in our design. The cct diagram u pasted at the forum and some other ccts similar to it are available on the web and people claim that they do work with their vehicles. But we need to find or design the one that suits our ECM.

I ve critically analyzed the circuit u pasted & some others, since last week, and found it to be taking care of the baud/volts/signaling requirements of both ends. Only one doubt is there, and offcourse I m going to verify that doubt today InshAllah. Following r the findings of this week which I can proclaim confidently:-

a) Daewoo racer has ECM that runs a programm of pre-OBD-II standard.
    b) It has GM-ALDL 12 pin (North American type) interface connector.
    c) It transmit/receive through pin 'M' utilizing bidirectional but half duplex UART data comm.
    d) The baud rate of this data comm is 8192 with 5 volts p-2-p, and the standard is known as GM XDE-5024B.

Looking forward for any amendment in said understanding from all brothers.

Khuda e Paman

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver:

Many thanks for a detailed response. I will go thru it.

I could nt understand the following line, pl explain what are these pins:

"(6) Short the pin-A with the pin-B of the ALDL connector as is done like reading codes, but this time without shutting down the engine. This will put the ECM in diagnostic mode. Now adjust the distributor to a point where the engine is stable and with jerky throttle there is no knocking. This is the ideal point of spark timing for petrol. Now adjust the idle screw as described by you above"

ALso advsie that after above petrol setting is settled and i switch back to CNG then the this petrol setting (like CO and distributor) will also work for CNG or it would have to be amended again.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Jiggerz
    MashaAllah beautiful u have beautiful car....brother front bomper kitnay ka lagwaya hay or kaha say lia hay....
    Daewoo fan club -232634

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation

@ Tauxeef

Thanks

@ Thanda

Thanks ...No its my Late Bro In Law's Workshop and now my Sister runs it....

@ Zeeshan213

Thanks Bro Front Fantasy Bumper Rs. 11,000 ka lagwaya hai...January 2010 main lagwaya tha...i think na is ka paint utarta hai aur na hee toot-ta hai...Lagwaya Federal Autos I-10/3 say hai...Even Motorway police nay mujhay rukwa ker bhi yeh poocha k yeh bumper kahan say lia LOL...us k pass bhi daewoo thi ...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Exclamation Daewoo Digital Meter and Interior

Digital Meter and Interior Pics...

Daewoo fan club -232784 Daewoo fan club -232785 Daewoo fan club -232786 Daewoo fan club -232787 Daewoo fan club -232788

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@jiggers

You got a nice car!

This meter is nice though it has some mechanical parts for the odometer and trip meter driven through a motor, I have installed full digital one.

Regarding bumpers, did they come with the supporting bracket, or they have put the one from old bumper?

By the way, did you installed 5 forward gearbox in your car? If not, it will be a good add on. If yes, change the gear lever knob too.
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shah73 View Post
    @testdriver:

Many thanks for a detailed response. I will go thru it.

I could nt understand the following line, pl explain what are these pins:

"(6) Short the pin-A with the pin-B of the ALDL connector as is done like reading codes, but this time without shutting down the engine. This will put the ECM in diagnostic mode. Now adjust the distributor to a point where the engine is stable and with jerky throttle there is no knocking. This is the ideal point of spark timing for petrol. Now adjust the idle screw as described by you above"

ALso advsie that after above petrol setting is settled and i switch back to CNG then the this petrol setting (like CO and distributor) will also work for CNG or it would have to be amended again.
    These pins a located on the ALDL connector, place above the ECM, and accessible by removing the small lid from the right kick panel. When you remove the cover, you will see three holes having some pins, while other 9 holes will be blank. Put a 'U' shaped office pin into the two pins in the same row (A & B)[Note: ROW not Column] while the engine is in start condition.

Once you attain ideal setting for petrol, you need not to change anything while on CNG. Do rest of the settings (Mixture+Idling) on the CNG regulator while for timing adjustment, install an advancer (costs around Rs.1.5K). If affordability is an issue, just put a mark on distributor for ideal petrol setting and then set is according to the CNG. Whenever you want to drive on petrol for a longer period, you can readjust it to the marked point. The CO setting is actually the injection timing fine tuning of petrol injector so no need to disturb it while on CNG.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SalarsCar View Post
    @testdriver

I really appreciate ur efforts and seems as if u worked passionately to resolve this issue. U r far ahead in ur findings, but I would go step by step so that if u missed anything anywhere, I would grab it 4 u. Thats professionals way of tackling to problems isn't it?

I do understand that y u ve used Max232 and offcourse we need to cater the difference in baud rates (as lowest possible in serial interface of a PC is 9600). However, RS-232 standard specifies voltage level of 'zero' from +3 to +15 volts and 'one' from -3 to -15 volts. Same has been verified by physically measuring on DB-9. So in my opinion we need to cater both baud & volts in our design. The cct diagram u pasted at the forum and some other ccts similar to it are available on the web and people claim that they do work with their vehicles. But we need to find or design the one that suits our ECM.

I ve critically analyzed the circuit u pasted & some others, since last week, and found it to be taking care of the baud/volts/signaling requirements of both ends. Only one doubt is there, and offcourse I m going to verify that doubt today InshAllah. Following r the findings of this week which I can proclaim confidently:-

c) It transmit/receive through pin 'M' utilizing bidirectional but half duplex UART data comm.
    d) The baud rate of this data comm is 8192 with 5 volts p-2-p, and the standard is known as GM XDE-5024B.

Khuda e Paman
    Found something interesting: TTS Power Systems
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by zeeshan213 View Post
    @Jiggerz
    MashaAllah beautiful u have beautiful car....brother front bomper kitnay ka lagwaya hay or kaha say lia hay....
    Daewoo fan club - 232634
    The price of this bumper is 10k

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver

Khuda e Paman

Great work.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver

Thanx 4 the link. In fact I already had bookmarked this site and downloaded the ALDL adapter testing software for my upcoming prototype adapter. If it works I would suggest few changes in the cct diagram u posted. Moreover, I also found a scanning software that bears XMLs for many cars including Daewoo Nubira and it is supposed to be working with Leganza, Lanos and Cielo. Lets c if it works with Racer since the ECMs are similar. It may work with ur Car since u ve converted into DOHC alongwith the corresponding ECM of Cielo. Will keep posting the updates on the project InshAllah and would require requisite info from all.

U mentioned about advancer to @shah73. This in fact is the 2nd project in my mind however, with some other associated modifications. U r already on to it is indeed a great motivation and a source of inspiration. Although I m anxious to ask many questions from u regarding it but need to hold my horses till the completion of project in hand.

Wishing a good evening a better tomorrow to all

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@test Drive,tauseef or Any one,
    From where i can get Ac valve original. and my car speedo meter is not working. Please help me out regarding these problems.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Uashah007 View Post
    From where i can get Ac valve original. and my car speedo meter is not working. Please help me out regarding these problems.
    'Original' IAC valve can be bought from old part dealers. Check from the contacts given at page 3 (Old/New).
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@testdriver

Thanx 4 the link. In fact I already had bookmarked this site and downloaded the ALDL adapter testing software for my upcoming prototype adapter. If it works I would suggest few changes in the cct diagram u posted. Moreover, I also found a scanning software that bears XMLs for many cars including Daewoo Nubira and it is supposed to be working with Leganza, Lanos and Cielo. Lets c if it works with Racer since the ECMs are similar. It may work with ur Car since u ve converted into DOHC alongwith the corresponding ECM of Cielo. Will keep posting the updates on the project InshAllah and would require requisite info from all.

U mentioned about advancer to @shah73. This in fact is the 2nd project in my mind however, with some other associated modifications. U r already on to it is indeed a great motivation and a source of inspiration. Although I m anxious to ask many questions from u regarding it but need to hold my horses till the completion of project in hand.

Wishing a good evening a better tomorrow to all
    Good luck with your project!
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Uashah007 View Post
    Bro buy new IAC valve form saddar or shubbah.
    if your meter is not working. buy a digital one this time as your old meter doesnt have rpm meter too. u can get one easily from shubbah. you can get the no's and details from page 3 of this thread..
    a programmer, webmaster, electronics enthusiast, traveller, adventurer, gizmo's freak by hobby & an electrical engineer by profession tauxeef.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ Test Driver & Tauseef.
    Thanks alot for your kind help.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Daewoo fan club -233611

Hey bro what is this???is this the Siren or its the radio i also have got one installed in my CUltus but its a little bit different i brought it from china,i guess this oen has got more functions and more sounds as well
    Allah bachaee Har Nazaar Behaya hai!!!!!!!

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

need help from daewoo experts and lovers...need to install compressor in my woo...in last season i spent more than 8000.but useless.no results found...plzzz help me regarding to this problem....plz share ur experiences about this problem.

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List