Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear Friends Assalamoalikum,

I have a Daewoo Racer 1993 model and I am having a problem i.e. the car doesn’t run on petrol. I have got it checked by a mechanic and he said the Fuel Pump and Map Sensor are out of order. He further explained and showed me the two pipes one to take the fuel into the injector and the other takes out the fuel back (wapsi ka pipe). The first one is working fine and getting the fuel to the injector but the other one is not taking the fuel back i.e. nothing is coming out of carburetor. Hence after starting the car on petrol as I press the accelerator paddle the car dies but there is no problem in the starting on petrol.

Please explain that, has the mechanic diagnosed the problem correctly, if not then what can be the cause of above problem and if yes what may be the expected cost of these parts in Lahore.

Thanks and regards,
    May Allah have mercy on us and on our beloved home land and also give us the courage and recourses to explore its magnificence and be thankful for it.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Shaan
    Thanks Shaan for the reply

@testdriver
    Seems to be busy in your job now a days. Can you please upload Daewoo service/maintenance manuals in soft form in your free time?

@qasim
    Is this Qasim from 51 E.C.?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@ mohash_1
    Replace FEUL PUMP---try to locate geniune one as lot of imitations are in market.Get some months warrranty if possible.Imitation one has issue of causing low acceleration of vehicle on petrol.
    This is the main cause as there is a small motor in the pump whose carbon ends & armature points start causing trouble if run over 70000km(for vehicle used on good quality petrol).The armature points cause hindrence in armature revolution due to wear and thus causes problem.In your case the motor armature is functioning well at low rpm as it has to revolve slowly but at high RPM more revolutions of armature are required due to high petrol demand but due to hindrence to armature motor this is not possible ,i.e feul gets utilized in engine quickly then it can be sent by the pump, and thus resulting in engine konking out issue
    As for MAP SENSOR, it should give you problem in both Petrol & CNG which is not the issue.
    Life is Precious -- Drive Carefully

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@All

I am thinking abt converting my manual steering daewoo to power steering.... last time i checked the conversion cost of around 8K... too high i guess.

what do u guys suggest? anyone who has done the conversion plz advise...

@qasim51

how much a power steering conversion costs in peshawar?
    75% of earth is covered by water... the rest by Jeep
    www.brokenknucklegarage.com

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akifjanjua
    In ISB it costs around Rs.8000/- if you install it from FEDERAL AUTOS I-10.They purchase mechanical parts themselves and make sure they are in working order or can be purchased by you but no warranty in that case from their side.
    According to my experience and knowledge, altered P.S is not very reliable as used parts used are mostly non-Daewoo thus i will recommend you to keep the original but if you are lucky then it works for few years without problem
    (MAIN ISSUE:- PS Fluid Leakage due to damage to the pipe taking fliud to pump or leakage from pump due to wear and tear as its not a new pump.Pipe leakage is mostly due to low quality pipe usage & due to excessive pressure on pipe as PS system being used is not completly designed for this Vehicle)

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shaan

Sorry yaar.. par my experiences at federal motors and that daewoo shop at G-6 firebrigade are not good at all... will never go to them for this.. last time had to go to G-6 wala for a broken ignition switch... paid him Rs750.. Rs 600 for that ignition switch... which was apparently not of good quality... but had no choice... and it failed within 2 months

got a new one... better quality from azhar shaheed market for only Rs350... i dont trust these company guys

i'll go for an origional cielo setup but from mithu khan or may be peshawar.

my experience,.... there is nothing known as warranty here in Pakistan... we as consumers dont hav any rights here

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akif

ur right these G6 guys are real thugs, i made a mistake of trusting these guyz by parking my daewoo at their shop for a night only and the next day , it had a burnt (beyond repair) self and a malfunctioning generator, both these things were working fine before. And they refused to accept this thing and kept on insisting that they were already defected.

Really annoying.............
    1)Merdcedes W124-Daily driven, 2)Toyota FJ70 RKR-Reliable offroader, 3)Mitsubishi Pajero Shogun-Comfy workshorse, 4)M38A1-Fun ride, 5)Daewoo Racer- Econimically reliable

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Tagged
    3 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

okay lets talk abt a serious issue of daewoo

the A/C blower fuse and wiring gets hot.. and its really hot when u touch those wires... i hav seen this not only in my daewoo but others too.

do all of us get this same problem of melting of blower fuse??

im seriously considering some modification to get rid of this... may b shifting the fuse and adding relayed in the engine compartment instead of under dash box.

if anybody has fixed this issue.. plz share

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@akifjanjua
    AC blower draws huge current which result in heating of wires. If the wires are of good quality and suffucuent thickness, you may overcome this problem. A couple of months back, my AC fan speed switch got unserviceable. For temperory arrangement, i installed a common white colour ON-OFF switch (normally used in houses for ceiling fans). Amazingly, that switch got melted.....
    But the orignal switch and wires are designed to cater for the current load of AC blower. It should not get so hot to touch. There should be something wrong with the blower motor resulting in drawing of more current. You may check the current load from any electrician. The actual current may be calculated by formula:

current (Amp)=Power (Watts of AC blower) / 12

If the current drawn is more than this calculation, the motor is faulty.
    OR if the current is within limits then the wires used are not of good quality and thickness. I will suggest to check your system by considering these two factors.

I will check the price of power steering from pesh market and will let u know soon.......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam

Sorry could not stay in touch because of being too busy and I see I have missed a generous offer from shaan. I will be very glad and thankful if you post copy of service manual here.

As for my vehicles problems (loss of coolant), my mechanic opened the engine head to check gasket. It was fine. He cleaned the valves from accumulated carbon and put back a new gasket. Never found a problem with anything else. Missing problem is gone, coolant still disappear but at a very slow and manageable rate. I dont know what is wrong.

Then I took the vehicle to Federal Autos and it was a disappointment. He installed a Techometer (Rs 1300/-), high intensity bulbs with relays in headlight and dashboard(Rs 600+450(electrician labour), brake servicing (Rs 200/-), got fuel filter checked, engine tuned(Rs 150/-), spark plugs and air filter changed (Rs 650 + 300). With all this quality of work was so poor that almost everything they have touched had to be worked upon again i.e. Speedometer (they opened dashboard and its connections) started to underead and then failed. Headlights went out of allignement and had to be aligned again. Left front brake stuck at half applied eating up entire brake shoe.(Changed my brakes to Corrola 88 costing about Rs1700/- everything included). Fuel filter was found hanging free with its lines(they even did not bother to clip it back). I now trust my local mechanic far more than I do Federal Autos. I know many people trust them but I can speak for my own experience only. They have the scanner and I may be going there again

Now here is the new problem I have you folks to help me with (especially shaan). When I start my daewoo on CNG RPM starts to fluctuate between 800-1300. After a while Engine Control light comes On and goes off after 15-20 seconds. Light comes on during driving also but always goes off. This is coupled with rise in RPM at its own till 1600-1700 (this happens with Petrol also but Engine light does not come On). If I stop the car in Neutral gear RPM comes back to normal after 7-10 seconds and if I drive vehicle for long say 30 min plus everything goes to normal and stable. As per Owner's manual Engine ligtht coming On briefly is of no significance but this appears to be a malfunction of some sensor may be. I still have old Lovato CNG kit but remember Engine Control light never use to light up earlier with same kit. What do you suggest?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

I have also visited Federal Autos twice for maintenance but did not have a good experience. They do not guide the customer in the right manner rather they make him consious by exaggerating the things with recommendations of changing almost everything because they have there own warehouse of daewoo parts which they want to get consumed. Moreover, their staff act very smartly just to get more money. In my last visit, they were recommending to change almost everything related to engine where as there was no need of changing most of the things. For example, I had changed the plugs a week earlier and there was nothing wrong with them but Mr Wajid was telling his staff to change those plugs just thinking that the customer had no idea about maintenance and he will keep agreeing whatever is being done. Moreover, they are very costly as well. For example, just for installing 24 clips ("makhee" in local language) on inner covers of doors the Denter labour was Rs 700 (excluding Rs 720 for clips) which was astonishing and in my opinion the labour cost for this case donot deserve to exceed Rs 150 or 200. The Daewoo parts they offer are also costly as compared to same genuine Daewoo parts from other places for example Aslam Autos in Karachi, Central Automobile in Islamabad and some shops in Saddar Rawalpindi. Moreover their mechanics are also in habit of quoting very high labour charges and than telling the customer that if he gives him some amount under hand (Mr Wajid call it "Mithaaee"), he will reduce labour charges (which infact are still higher, because of law of relativity customer think that he has favoured him). In my case there was need of changing Piston Rings but the Federal guys were recommending to get the engine overhauled, just to create more job for them. When I told them that I will get it overhauled from some where else than they changed their stance and were of the view that there is no need of overhaul, only changing engine Rings will solve the problem (so that I could get the job done from them which I did). The decision of not getting the engine overhaul from them was due to some feedback given by an army Colonel present over there who was cursing his decision of getting the engine overhauled from Federal Autos. That Colonel got his first overhaul from Saddar Rawalpindi in 2001 and his vehicle ran smoothly for about 120000 Km but now this time when he got his engine overhauled from Federal Autos, it is giving problems since then and it was his third visit to Federal Autos after that overhaul and in every visit they change so many things with surety that now the engine will be alright but that remain problematic.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ASALAM U ALIKUM BHAION..
    yaar im from karachi and im the owner of daewoo since 1 year..
    its quiet a good car but now a days im facing problems in its pick and running..
    in petrol its doing good but on C.N.G it is going a bit dull..
    means that i have to pull it a bit for a good run..
    and im also having a same problem which is faced by ARRORW..
    so any one there who can help both of us..
    Ill be thank full to him..
    and one more thing..
    if any one of u can guide me to a good mechanic for my car..
    WhEn tHE CiTy sLeEps.. We rUlE The sTrEeTs

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@addy
    If ur car has the following symptems
    1. Good pickup on petrol but low on CNG,
    2. Pick up very low on lower RPM but gets fine when u pull up to higher RPM (2000 and above),
    3. With AC, very dull response on low RPM.
    Then I suggest to slightly increase distributor timing. Because the timing for CNG is slightly advance than that of petrol. If the timing is not set, it produces very dull responce of engine at lower RPM, but as the RPM increases, the timing difference keeps on reducing because of faster movement of pistons. so at higher RPM, the timing difference become negligible. A good timing produces very good engine response. Just imagine a batsman in cricket; if his timing of hitting ball is good, ball goes very fast even if the batsman has not put enough force. But if the timing of hitting ball is not good, it produces a dull shot. The distributor timing is actualy timing of spark plugs with relative to pistons movement which hit the piston to move downward. Slightly advance the timing and you will overcome the problem of dull response at lower RPM. Caution: Don't advance the timing much as it will cause starting problem and jerks while slowing down.

@akifjanjua
    the cost of power steering is about 7.5 to 8K in pesh including all charges. you may contact khairullah khan 0333-9129995

My car also has same problem like many others that its idle RPM fluctuates from 700-1100. No warning light ON. with AC RPM is stable. can anybody guide me?

I have daewoo operational manual but want its maintenance manual (softcopy or hardcopy). If anybody have, then please contact me. thx

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@addy

Please visit KAREEM BALOCH. He is also called "Daewoo ka Jadoogar" His workshop is near Soldier Bazaar and Holy family hospital. When one is going towards sea from Mazar-e-Quaid on M.A Jinnah Road, than turn right from first Caltex Petrol Pump and keep moving towards Sodier Bazaar. On left you will pass a four(or five) storey building where you may also see many Daewoo racers parked. That is the workshop of Kareem Baloch. His cell phone number is 03332113172.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

ASALAM-U-ALAIKUM..
    thanx u all..
    it was really so kind of u all..
    by the way i have changed the spark plugs and plug wires..
    the wires are 10.2 mm thick and i have placed the stock plugs with the SPLIT FIRES 4 PIN PLUG..
    and more suggestions fir the good Pick and speed will be appreciated and if any one of u want to modified ur daewoo from A to Z than do tell me..
    i have a friend who is doing this job in KARACHI..and the prices are really cheaper than those MODIFIERS of DEFENCE..()
    WhEn tHE CiTy sLeEps.. We rUlE The sTrEeTs

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@all
    I had the same type of experience yesterday and wasnt impressed at FEDERAL AUTOS.Problem is that the admin staff has changed and most of the genuine guys have shifted to Rawalpindi shop or have left during the past 3months thus i had to fight and force work out of them

@Arrow
    check your kit wiring esp spark plug emulator of CNG KIT

Also clean your IAC valve or replace it with second hand one for a minute and drive vehicle to diagnose the problem

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@shaan
    Thanks for your reply. I have seen earlier in this forum people having problem with idle RPM and cleaning of sensors solved it. I tried to locate IAC valve. I see a component 90 degree to throttle body(towards front of car) from which 4 wires are coming out; is that the IAC? I could not locate anything with wires towards right shock assembly (a sensor would be connected with electrical wires, right?). Please help me locate IAC (pictures would be much appreciated!) and tell me how to clean 'em (a DIY). Will I have to disconnect it and clean it or it will be cleaned as it is installed? I dont want to travel to Federal Autos for this.

You offered service manual once. I would be grateful if you provide one. Thanks a lot.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Arrow
    yes thats the IAC sensor.Its needs to be disconnected and special Star shaped L-key is required to open its two screws.Cleaning is easily done via WD40 but you should do it tactfully.As for service manual, @testdriver has its soft copy but if not possible then i will scan the service pages of the manual and post it on the forum

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i also own Daewoo
    http://www.pakwheels.com/forumreply_az_TopicID!69127~ForumID!1~Page!2~pw.html

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Asslam o Alikom All!!
    I am a satisfied owner of daewoo racer 93' 1.5l for the past two years. It is definately a very good car.

I wanted to know about 1.6 16v engine, My car has done 1,06,000km and two cylinders would need rings after 10,000+ Km ...

1.please tell me how much does a 1.6 engine cost? would you recommend it...

2.Is it possible to have a DOHC head on a 1.5l block?

3. I want to know the cost of digital speedometer

4. Is a five speed transmission recommended..

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List