Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shah73 View Post
    @testdriver:

For random testing, while on petrol, i fully closed the air intake pype but engine was fine,,,why???? is it normal behaviour.i think it should have shut down, is't it.

Looking for your kind response pl.
    There might be some air leakage in the intake pipe, otherwise the engine should stop upon fully closing the intake pipe. (Check for presence a small lid beneath the intake pipe)

Quote Originally Posted by Shah73 View Post
    @testdriver:
    Today morning, I temporarily affixed the scotch tape on the air intake pype and drove to my office and forgot to advance the distribitor but car was moving fine CNG.
    I think it should have slowed down but it did nt happen? Why??

Looking for your kind response pl.
    What happens when you try to suddenly press the throttle?

Actually advancing the distributor help in optimum combustion of gas, if one keep the distributor at the petrol settings, one has to either open the gas from the 'T' to compensate the loss of power or press the throttle harder as a result the engine will consume more gas.

In your case, I think you have narrowed the air intake than usual by fixing the scotch tape, so you didn't feel lack of power since the mixture became richer (more CNG and less Air).
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Surd80 View Post
    OK thanks. But can you please post the wiring sketch or complete drawing to hook up STAP-56B on a TBI G15SF, also to complete the perfect scenario include an emulator as well. I know it would be really hard to find STAP-56B currently but it would also help those of us who are thinking to opt for PLATINOS if they are exactly the same. Thanks.
    One more thing how to set timing on Petrol ( for a car which has no cng installed has been always driven on Petrol).
    The wiring of advancer installed in my car is described in the attached picture:
    Daewoo fan club -244883
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by airbornekabir View Post
    thanks test driver....
    1. the other day my car has developed some fault while it was being run on patrol .... the light of patrol on CNG pressure bar was flinching and the engine was turning itself off.....
    2.the hydrolic oil of its converted power steering was dried and it had some leakage as well....
    3.further more ..engine oil level is also decreasing and i saw a huge quantity of oil in its radiater water bottle...is it a leakage in its water body / gas kit seals?
    4. it exhausts black smoke when running on patrol .
    5.how can i convert its diggies opening with the help of opening cable with the driver seat .........
    any suggestions?
    regards and bundle of thanks for prompt reply...
    1. Get the CNG switch checked.
    2. If you have run the car with no hydraulic oil, the pump might have damaged. Does the pump create loud sound on turning the steering? If yes, the pump needs to be replaced.
    3. If your car had some overheating issues, the gasket might have worn out.
    4. Get CO value checked by a Daewoo expert.
    5. You have to install electrical actuator to open the trunk lid.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Dear TestDriver...
    thanks a lot... i intend doing it forthwith from Tipu road mechanic .....
    else from someone in lahore....

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

help can someone show pic gauge of racer labeled with wirings and connectors thanks in advance

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tedtones2600 View Post
    help can someone show pic gauge of racer labeled with wirings and connectors thanks in advance
    Please check Wiring/Electrical Diagrams under Quick links in the first post of this thread.
    This is as much of a test for me as it's for them

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    Actually advancing the distributor help in optimum combustion of gas, if one keep the distributor at the petrol settings, one has to either open the gas from the 'T' to compensate the loss of power or press the throttle harder as a result the engine will consume more gas.

In your case, I think you have narrowed the air intake than usual by fixing the scotch tape, so you didn't feel lack of power since the mixture became richer (more CNG and less Air).
    Just wanted to add my findings about distributor timings as I had also followed the instructions sometime back:

1. Firstly I assume in our cars the 'Timing Advance' is done by rotating clockwise and anti-clockwise for retarding.

2. Timing change and effect on idling: I couldn't determine any visible affect from small changes like any particular sound of missing or bad idling. Except when I would go to extremes did the engine begin to idle bad.

3. Ignition: Maybe this was due to something else but I noticed a visible effect on starting the car afterwards. At one setting (and I can't reproduce it now) the car would start immediately and on others as it's now it has become the usual 5-6 self starts and then ignition.

4. Engine Power: Prior to my changes, we went on the road to Murree on CNG and the climb was no problem. But once I advanced a bit further (for testing) and went to Peer Sohawa (hard climb) and the car felt like it lacked power and at one incline it sort of stalled. It's hard to describe, the engine didn't turn off but it was as though it didn't have power even in first gear, and I had to try very hard to get it on the side, retarded timing and converted to petrol.

Since then I've been more careful in fiddling with timing. Also, I've seen a special device at Federal Motors, Islamabad called the Timing Gun. Basically they take off the timing belt cover and point the gun at the timing belt while the engine is running. A certain red color light or laser strikes the belt and they somehow can tell by looking at the gun if the timing is off.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by testdriver View Post
    There might be some air leakage in the intake pipe, otherwise the engine should stop upon fully closing the intake pipe. (Check for presence a small lid beneath the intake pipe)
    What happens when you try to suddenly press the throttle?
    @Testdriver
    Lets give us the suggestion for installing Balino's Air Intake valve (available in company fitted CNG models), as we discussed on the workshop. I think this valve along with Stap 56 should solve a lot of problems related to CNG/Patrol conversions. That would be our "Project # 2".
    DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN INFORMATION & KNOWLEDGE, YOU WILL FIND THE DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Lonely_Puma View Post
    J
    Since then I've been more careful in fiddling with timing. Also, I've seen a special device at Federal Motors, Islamabad called the Timing Gun. Basically they take off the timing belt cover and point the gun at the timing belt while the engine is running. A certain red color light or laser strikes the belt and they somehow can tell by looking at the gun if the timing is off.
    @Lonely_Puma

This device is also called as timing strobe. It is connected with spark lead of first cylinder to get the induced signal which drives the flashing light. The light should synchronize with the timing mark on the timing belt sprocket (geared wheel on the Cam where timing belt rotates). Its not at all rocket science as shown at Fed At.
    DIFFERENTIATE BETWEEN INFORMATION & KNOWLEDGE, YOU WILL FIND THE DIFFERENCE IN YOUR LIFE

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SalarsCar View Post
    @Lonely_Puma

This device is also called as timing strobe. It is connected with spark lead of first cylinder to get the induced signal which drives the flashing light. The light should synchronize with the timing mark on the timing belt sprocket (geared wheel on the Cam where timing belt rotates). Its not at all rocket science as shown at Fed At.
    Ahan, that makes sense. I've only seen it a couple of times there and it looked like a laser gun at first

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by SalarsCar View Post
    @Testdriver
    Lets give us the suggestion for installing Balino's Air Intake valve (available in company fitted CNG models), as we discussed on the workshop. I think this valve along with Stap 56 should solve a lot of problems related to CNG/Patrol conversions. That would be our "Project # 2".

For the same problem, your above mentioned option was also discussed previously in the pages probabaly a year back. However i could not go for it due to limited information of the same. can you or testdriver write details about itf fixation and the place of fixation in daewoo. it would eliminate our problem of affixing scotch tapes every time.

For the same problem, testdriver also shooted another idea of some electrically controled air box which could have the option of opening and controlling the air supply but.......

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asad_scorpio21 View Post
    Oh IC , he is now in Al Jazeera TV ,Doha Qatar .
    wat about ur engine heatup issue with AC ,
    i was facing the same problem than got cleaned and washed Radiator and AC Condensor under supervision of Mian Khan , so problem was solved.
    To resolve the AC problem I visited Amjad Mughal working in commercial market.
    He fulshed out the whole AC unit and condensor for any compressor oil and now the heat up problem with AC is resolved to great extent. Most of the time With AC on the engine temperature remains around end of white area and beginning of green area. As far as mileage is concerned with a 50kg tank for a two way trip from Marir Hasan Rawalpindi to lower topa murree it covered around 130Kms.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@Testdriver:

i had voberation probem since last year during idling (while pressing the clutch on braking or signals)) while AC is on.

Last i used ashort cut and RPM was enhanced.

But this year i want to diagnose and resolve it. I have changed the IAC valve but viberation is still there. Now i intend to change VSS, would it be the culprit OR any thing else is yet to be checked???

Thanks.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA

Brothers!
    Around three weeks back I replaced my Daewoo Racer engine with another (Kabli) one. The new one is working fine. There is no smoke, no starting problem, the response of engine is fine but the engine is reducing oil . I discussed it with my mechanic and also got a second opinion from another mechanic. Both the mechanics say that I should not worry and test the car again after changing the oil . Can you people give any kind of guess, why the engine is reducing oil?

Secondly, I need your opinio regarding power steering in Daewoo Steering. Is it OK to get the electric/electronic power steering instead of oil based power steering? Any experiences?????

Regards

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AoA, Please count me in too as I have also bought cool Daewoo Racer on 4th June, I cannot describe the happiness in my heart for this beauty...

Very Excellent job done by Testdriver, Shaan, Akifjanjua and many more...

Currently I am facing some probelms too and to be very honest I am not fimiliar with this car cause switching from Mehran to DR is like going from Earth to Sun

I will post the pictures soon in this forum and will give all the details regarding issue faced...

Thanks again guys you all are awsome

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Welcome to DFC and congrats for your ride ,
    we will wait for pics ,
    with best regards
    Quote Originally Posted by Hworang View Post
    AoA, Please count me in too as I have also bought cool Daewoo Racer on 4th June, I cannot describe the happiness in my heart for this beauty...

Very Excellent job done by Testdriver, Shaan, Akifjanjua and many more...

Currently I am facing some probelms too and to be very honest I am not fimiliar with this car cause switching from Mehran to DR is like going from Earth to Sun

I will post the pictures soon in this forum and will give all the details regarding issue faced...

Thanks again guys you all are awsome

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

i have a daewoo 1995
    recently i have been facing an issue of
    1. engine over heating on AC ...
    2. While Ac is on i experience a strange issue that when i stop at signal etc the compressor turns off or it sounds like that ... n i have to press accelerator to keep it running ... but that only make things worse and heats up the car ... also even though the temp gauge shows temp under limits but i usually have to refill the whole water ...
    3. there is significant loss of power with ac on ...

plz help me brothers
    TD i have sent u a pm also ... do u think 150k milage have to do something with it???
    do i need engine over hauling???
    or simply replacing gaskit, ac refurbishing/maint wud do the job???
    thankx guys for this wonderful thread!!!
    especially salar im impressed with ur knowledge n ur dedication ... do u own some workshop or all this is ur personnel liking ???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by opethian View Post
    i have a daewoo 1995
    recently i have been facing an issue of
    1. engine over heating on AC ...
    2. While Ac is on i experience a strange issue that when i stop at signal etc the compressor turns off or it sounds like that ... n i have to press accelerator to keep it running ... but that only make things worse and heats up the car ... also even though the temp gauge shows temp under limits but i usually have to refill the whole water ...
    3. there is significant loss of power with ac on ...

plz help me brothers
    TD i have sent u a pm also ... do u think 150k milage have to do something with it???
    do i need engine over hauling???
    or simply replacing gaskit, ac refurbishing/maint wud do the job???
    thankx guys for this wonderful thread!!!
    especially salar im impressed with ur knowledge n ur dedication ... do u own some workshop or all this is ur personnel liking ???
    Hi opethian, When you last serviced your radiator and AC Condensor? Do you face over heating problem or do you notice major reduction in radiator water with AC switched Off. I also suggest to keep the water bottle max half otherwise it also cause a heat up. Normally overhauling the engine is considered an extreme step so I suggest you keep it at last option. Do you regularly check the engine oil and you see any reduction in engine oil? Might be it is IAC valve which needed to be replaced.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

THANKS kamran
    waisay ... wat about ac turring off n on if i stop anywhere like signals etc ...
    i simply cant keep it running if the car is stationary ... either car heats up or it simply turns off n on i think the issue is in ac itself ... n some wiring etc as im noob in this respect khair ill get it checked n post the reply here
    meanwhile can u guys diagnose the issue here for me???

also testdriver for how much one can convert a daewoo into ceilo
    ur package thread is almost 2 yrs old wat r the latest costs???

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

AOA friends
    warm welcome from my side to the new members

my car had missing problem on CNG, I tried different things like changed plugs, air filter, tuned the car properly a hundred times on CNG, bt of no use, yesterday i went to moon mechanic, he disconnected the ECM and asked me to check, to my surprize car started running like a champ, so wats actually is the problem??is it with ECM or the ECM's wiring?? am very glad that finally am about to catch the culprit
    A "cool dude" who says civic is the best car in the universe actually owns a CD 70!

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List