Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default Daewoo Racer/Cielo Fan Club

Dear All,

I am an owner of Daewoo Racer since 1995. It has proven to be a very comfortable and economical car throughout this period. It used to give an average of 13Km/L within city and ~15Km/L on long drives. Here are some pictures:

Daewoo fan club -479355

Daewoo fan club -479356

Daewoo fan club -1050638

Check the links for my rides
    1. Before 2008 (Racer)
    Daewoo Racer
    2. After Jan 2008 (Cielo)
    Daewoo Cielo

I would recommend buying this car who want a better car at low budgets!

Any member having used a Daewoo car must share their experience....(y)

IMPORTANT: SCANNER Facility is Available at Friends Autos, I-9, Islamabad. [Khalid: 0322-5111110, 0321-9562840]

Quick Links:

Parts Dealers/workshops link [Page-3 post #:54]:

Alloy Rim fitment [Page-15 post #:290]:

The DOHC engine[Page-30 post #:585]:

Service Manual/Electrical Diagrams link[Page-30 post #:594]:

Cielo Conversion [Page-57 post #:1130]:

How to get Black Bumpers [Page-60 post #:1315]:

Reading ECM Error Codes [Page-191 post #:3804]:

Air Conditioner maintenance shops [Page-195 post #:3897]:

High RPM/Stalling Problem on AC, OK Otherwise[Page-203 post #:4048]:

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    @shah73
    well murtaza is the mechanic whom u refered me to who is saying not to install advancer. and also he is the who took out some one elses cars IAC valve and put in mine. and when i asked him if i shall buy a new one from korea autos he said they sell chinese IAC valve. and that those IAC valves get faulty after some time..so what do u suggest? reply is urgent as i m going to murtaza today..he said he will adjust the IAC valve.
    Made in China under license from GM
    Adnan's
    Daewoo Cielo GLX 1.6L E-TECII DOHC 110PS/5000 150N.m./3400

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by guybwp View Post
    @shah73
    well murtaza is the mechanic whom u refered me to who is saying not to install advancer. and also he is the who took out some one elses cars IAC valve and put in mine. and when i asked him if i shall buy a new one from korea autos he said they sell chinese IAC valve. and that those IAC valves get faulty after some time..so what do u suggest? reply is urgent as i m going to murtaza today..he said he will adjust the IAC valve.
    Well 90% chances are that IAC valve placed in ur car is the one removed from my car because i gave it to him for his purpose. Again I suggest to buy new one and not teh kabli one. I have installed new one boghtf rpom korea autos and till now its working fine. No use of adjusting.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    10 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

@guybwp: (are u from bahawalpur).

its not only the Murtaza who is saying not to install advancer, here goes the list:

Lahore:
    Murtaza.
    Zafar Iqbal
    Butt Sb

RWP/IBD:

Moon
    Faqeer Hussain
    Mian Khan
    Even CNG mechanics

Actaually they speak such according to their knowledge , so we should also use our level of knowledge while receiving their advices, otherwise we will be ..........

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by Shah73 View Post
    1. I think that you might be facing the same situation which i faced last year.

I went to Mr Attahr mechanic at islamabad for tunning which he did and car started emitting a little white smoke. He gave me his fatwa that engine is week. i told him that this engine was overhauled just a few months back so how this engine can be week now. Then his son gave me another idea to check the oil quality. i was using caltex at that time.
    At the same spot i met a pakwheeler Saqib who gave me detailed info about oil grading number and its qualities.

After coming back to lahore i made a research on the availabel oils and started using kixx engine oil 10w40 and smoke vanished. Means these shell/hell and caltex companies and are selling v. bad oil at the price of nice oil grades. Particularly shell is a hell for me (for mineral oils).

now again i have shifted to petmin 10w40 and its really marvellous (5000km is nothing for it) . frequent shifting of engine oils is also not good for engine, but sometimes we have to do it to get the best one in economical range.

2. Same like you, i got suspicion that car is reducing oil as oil gauge was showing very varying oil levels at diff times. So i asked my mechanic to get out all engine oil in a clean dish and check its quantity.
    Quantiity was all ok and actaully the gauge was culprit.
    So you can check your problem this way also, if you like.
    Sir you are right about the culprit oil... I am going to change the same... same problem was discussed by me friend using Daewoo since 11 years... So it means bye bye Caltex and Shell forever

Secondly I have checked oil in Morning today and what happened was awsome... Oil is upto the mark... I dont know why it showed me less yesterday... keeping in view the level of CAR and Engine was rested since Night... I am speechless... but your Oil gauge idea hit me very hard... am going to rectify these things for sure... Thank you Shah G

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

daewoo is indeed a very nice car! I m very much a fan of it! All my uncles had it as they purchased 3 of these together when they landed in PK. We also owned one but only for a brief period of 6 hours as it was destroyed while unloading it from the carrier:-(
    Bumper Sticker: "I feed off other people's rage, so drive carefully :-)."

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Thanks goodness the speed cameras up at the motorway are not made by Suzuki or, they would even fine a 2CV for overspeeding

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    1 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Can I ask a stupid question (knowing that it would have been asked and answered several times before). Where is Moon Autos Located in Islamabad?

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by razaksyed View Post
    Can I ask a stupid question (knowing that it would have been asked and answered several times before). Where is Moon Autos Located in Islamabad?
    this is not the moon autos its new auto complex its located on the out gate of rawalpindi cricket stadium i have his number 03005312903

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

help on my daewoo racer 96, getting another problem, theres grinding sound when shifting to 2nd gear the rest is good

what should be the problem? should i add gear oil on transmission?

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by tedtones2600 View Post
    help on my daewoo racer 96, getting another problem, theres grinding sound when shifting to 2nd gear the rest is good

what should be the problem? should i add gear oil on transmission?
    Q: Do you fully depress the clutch while changing gears?
    A: Press the clutch to the metal(firewall) and try changing gears.

Q: Does the sound come when the transmission is cold?
    A: Check for the quality and quantity of oil. change/refill if necessary.

Q: The above two does not help?
    A: It may be some internal problem with the second gear likely to be the synchronizer , dog teeth or broken gear tooth. Take your car to qualified personnel for physical inspection.
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Default New User of Dewoo

Assallam O Allikum

h r u all l hope fine i have recently brought De woo 2001 register officer scam car bumper to bumper totally gen-ion with gen-ion yellow paint in 340000.00.

The car is in perfect condition and having just 120000 km run. (pic post soon )

Now problem is how to find good mechanic as some on told me to visit De woo point in I8-4 Islamabad but after visiting the same i am not satisfied with the work...............

you are requested to guide me on the same and also pl z give some info where i find advance r in my De woo in RWP/ISB or in Wah cantt.

THX
    Daewoo RACER 1.5i OHC

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

also give info regarding roof as some of the roof cloth is not fix with the base should i replace all of fix it or if fix there where the best

thx
    Daewoo RACER 1.5i OHC

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ScOrPeO View Post
    also give info regarding roof as some of the roof cloth is not fix with the base should i replace all of fix it or if fix there where the best

thx
    brother i m also frm wah cantt...there is no daewoo mechanic in wah cantt...All are jugharhi mistri....no daewoo parts are available in wah market or surrounding areas.

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Salam to all, i m new to daewoo racer and really amazed by its performance in this cost...
    i really appreciate the efforts of experts and especially the testdriver who is really doing a wonderful job by helping ppl... thanks a lot testdriver...
    i have few questions from the experts that might have been answered in the previous posts and i am unable to search them...
    1. what is the normal postion of engine temp guage? in other cars it normaly goes to center when the engine gets to normal temp, and there on the cooling system gets activated and keeps the needle there. But in daewoo, what mechanics say is that it should stay in white and nothing above... middle portion of the guage is the last thing which u should see and immidiately take some corrective measures... is this thing logical?
    2. why i m asking this question is tht my daewoo's engine got damaged by overheating and the needle never crossed the middle portion of the guage... i have recently got it overhauled..... now the car is heating up on AC in local... the behaviour is erratic.. sometimes it never crosses white portion in 40 deg temp in sun.. and sometimes it gets heated up in relatively cooler temp in night...fan in working fine at a good speed i guess.. radiator has no leak and doesnt require frequent coolant refills...
    mechanic khalid from frnds autos says that the radiator has some problem as he has checked it by removing the water tank and says that 10 out of 32 lines are blocked... better change the radiator... is it really due to radiator? imean the erratic behaviour?
    moreover he says that this car(all daewoos) wil heat up in summer days and local drives... is it normal? coz the normal cars dont do...
    is there any possibility of faulty guage? howcan i check that? the fan is direct... which i think is not a good thing for a normal car... but u experts know it better...
    thnx in advance

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by ScOrPeO View Post
    Assallam O Allikum

h r u all l hope fine i have recently brought De woo 2001 register officer scam car bumper to bumper totally gen-ion with gen-ion yellow paint in 340000.00.

The car is in perfect condition and having just 120000 km run. (pic post soon )

Now problem is how to find good mechanic as some on told me to visit De woo point in I8-4 Islamabad but after visiting the same i am not satisfied with the work...............

you are requested to guide me on the same and also pl z give some info where i find advance r in my De woo in RWP/ISB or in Wah cantt.

THX
    welcome to DFC!
    You can get any kind of work done from Tahir located at G-8 markaz. His contact number is 03335613924.
    Regarding advancer you can contact any advanced cng conversion center.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umerpk View Post
    Salam to all, i m new to daewoo racer and really amazed by its performance in this cost...
    i really appreciate the efforts of experts and especially the testdriver who is really doing a wonderful job by helping ppl... thanks a lot testdriver...
    i have few questions from the experts that might have been answered in the previous posts and i am unable to search them...
    1. what is the normal postion of engine temp guage? in other cars it normaly goes to center when the engine gets to normal temp, and there on the cooling system gets activated and keeps the needle there. But in daewoo, what mechanics say is that it should stay in white and nothing above... middle portion of the guage is the last thing which u should see and immidiately take some corrective measures... is this thing logical?
    2. why i m asking this question is tht my daewoo's engine got damaged by overheating and the needle never crossed the middle portion of the guage... i have recently got it overhauled..... now the car is heating up on AC in local... the behaviour is erratic.. sometimes it never crosses white portion in 40 deg temp in sun.. and sometimes it gets heated up in relatively cooler temp in night...fan in working fine at a good speed i guess.. radiator has no leak and doesnt require frequent coolant refills...
    mechanic khalid from frnds autos says that the radiator has some problem as he has checked it by removing the water tank and says that 10 out of 32 lines are blocked... better change the radiator... is it really due to radiator? imean the erratic behaviour?
    moreover he says that this car(all daewoos) wil heat up in summer days and local drives... is it normal? coz the normal cars dont do...
    is there any possibility of faulty guage? howcan i check that? the fan is direct... which i think is not a good thing for a normal car... but u experts know it better...
    thnx in advance
    Thanks for the nice words!
    First of all I want to tell you that Khalid is basically an electrician so change your MECHANIC first.
    As far as the gauge is concerned, it should stay in the middle and the fan should start just a little above center. The white area depicts a cold engine not attained optimum temperature. Ask Khalid (being an electrician) to install a 47ohm resistance in series and remove any existing resistance in the temp signal wire to resolve the gauge reading issue.
    For radiator get a second opinion from other mechanic. I recommend to contact TAHIR at G-8 @03335613924
    Adnan's

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

thnx for the quick reply... if everything is in place and working fine, does it get heated up in summers with AC in frequent stops?? like driving in rush? i m asking it becoz if it is like this than i should demand the same thing from mechanic... and thnx, i will contact this mechanic soon...

PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Assalam-o-alaikum to all daewoo lovers

i am going to buy first car in my life. I prefer daewoo but most of the people forbid me to do this. Due to dead market of the daewoo brand. Kindly guide me about the merits & de-merits of daewoo cars.

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by umerpk View Post
    thnx for the quick reply... if everything is in place and working fine, does it get heated up in summers with AC in frequent stops?? like driving in rush? i m asking it becoz if it is like this than i should demand the same thing from mechanic... and thnx, i will contact this mechanic soon...
    Off-course every car does heat up (within normal range but quicker than without AC) in the situation stated above. The actual dangerous heat up range is where the red portion of the gauge starts. If the radiator system is weak, the temperature will very quickly rise as the amount of heat produced is more than the amount of heat released/exchanged in the air and there can be a dangerous situation of actual heat-up.
    Adnan's

Senior PakWheeler Follow
    Follows
    Following
    Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    Tagged
    4 Thread(s)
    Problems Posted
    Problems Solved
    Best Answers
    Good Answers

Quote Originally Posted by asifnadeem1975 View Post
    Assalam-o-alaikum to all daewoo lovers

i am going to buy first car in my life. I prefer daewoo but most of the people forbid me to do this. Due to dead market of the daewoo brand. Kindly guide me about the merits & de-merits of daewoo cars.
    There are majority of people who buy cars for market, not for themselves so off-course they are more concerned for the market value. If you are buying the car for yourself, there is no issue of market in that. Daewoo has never been overpriced nor it will be, so there is no question about market. A daewoo car bought at 300K can fetch you 280K or 320K when you will try to sell it again, which is not a big fortune!
    Adnan's

+ Reply to Thread

User Tag List